Citrulline or Cit-Mal and How Much? - AnabolicMinds.com

Citrulline or Cit-Mal and How Much?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Citrulline or Cit-Mal and How Much?

Title.

I'm curious as to what I should be using between these two, and how much of each would be optimal in any case. Also do any pre-workouts exist that have these optimal dosages included?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I personally use Cit-Mal and I get it from iForce's Hemavol, which contains 2500 mg per scoop. I try to get close to 10 grams, so I also use bulk Cit-Mal from SNS that contains 3 grams per scoop. So 2.5 scoops Cit-Mal + Hemavol = 10 grams of Cit-Mal.

It really works though I can absolutely tell the difference between using Cit-Mal and not using it, the benefits are definitely obvious especially for the endurance and recovery aspects for me personally.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I but bulk Citulline Malate. It's diet cheap. SNS, BioCor, and Nutraplanet offers good bulk product. I dose 9g prewo.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like to combine Origin and hemavol = good dose for me.. maybe I will try moar.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixstrike View Post
    Title.

I'm curious as to what I should be using between these two, and how much of each would be optimal in any case. Also do any pre-workouts exist that have these optimal dosages included?
    You should check out HIGH VOLUME which offers a whopping 5g L-Citrulline in two scoops which is equivalent to around 9-10g of Cit-Mal.

The Benefits of L-Citrulline
    It's well known how effective L-Citrulline is for boosting nitric oxide. L-Citrulline functions in the body by being converted to L-arginine and then into nitric oxide. The nitric oxide will bring on vasodilation, this is what helps increase the amount of blood and oxygen that is delivered to the exercised muscles. When blood flow is optimal the body will be sending essential nutrients to the muscle tissues, this includes both carbohydrates and protein, which is obviously a must for recovery.

L-Citrulline also plays a role in the urea cycle, where it helps reduce the amount of lactic acid build-up you experience during your workouts.
    Both these actions are going to help you reduce the overall levels of fatigue you feel during your workout.

What does L-Citrulline offer?
    *Increased performance/Endurance in the gym
    *Better Pumps & Vascularity
    *Faster recovery
    *Improved erection hardness

L-Citrulline Studies
    Citrulline malate enhances athletic anae... [J Strength Cond Res. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI (This study used 8g citrulline malate (providing 4g of citrulline)
    L-citrulline-malate influence over branch... [Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI (This study used 6g citrulline malate (providing 3g of citrulline)
    Citrulline/malate promotes aerobic energy pr... [Br J Sports Med. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI (This study used 6g of citrulline malate providing 3g of citrulline)
    Citrulline malate supplementation increases ... [Eur J Pharmacol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI (This study used 3g of citrulline malate providing 1.5g of citrulline)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19585317(This study used 6g of citrulline malate providing 3g of citrulline)
    Citrulline malate limits increase in... [Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 1997] - PubMed - NCBI
    Oral L-citrulline supplementation improves erection ... [Urology. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI
    Role of L-citrulline transport in nitric oxide synthesis in rat aortic smooth muscle cells activated with LPS and interferon-
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  6. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

L-citrulline on its own is awesome, great compound. I'd prefer to take a larger dose of CM to get the benefits of both citrulline and malic acid.
  7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

S.N.S Citrulline Malate.. Great price for 100 servings!. Nutraplanet can hardly keep it in stock!.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    L-citrulline on its own is awesome, great compound. I'd prefer to take a larger dose of CM to get the benefits of both citrulline and malic acid.
    Agreed, well put.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    S.N.S Citrulline Malate.. Great price for 100 servings!. Nutraplanet can hardly keep it in stock!.
    Get it while you still can! CM is going bye bye, it's also a favorite of mine!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

For the price High Volume is very much worth it at 5g of L-Citrulline per serving(which is about the same as 10g of Citrulline Malate).

imo High Volume or Bulk L-Citrulline Powder.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  10. Elite Member

Usually just use SNS Citrulline Malate powder or Nurakey L-Citrulline and toss either in my pre-workout.

Stocked up on a bunch of High Volume recently and plan to use that as my addition to stuff nowadays (L-cit + much more).
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Stocked up on a bunch of High Volume recently and plan to use that as my addition to stuff nowadays (L-cit + much more).
    Nice! Worth the price right now since nutra is offering 2 tubs for only $24.24 each.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like to use Hemavol. 2.5g of CM per scoop!
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  13. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

efficacious at ~8-9g citrulline malate 1:1, so 4-4.5g citrulline would have similar effects
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by manstr View Post
    efficacious at ~8-9g citrulline malate 1:1, so 4-4.5g citrulline would have similar effects
    Am I right in assuming 1:1 refers to the ratio of citrulline to malic acid and something which has say 3g of citrulline would be equivalent to 6g citrulline malate?
  15. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

There aren't any documented effects of malic acid in healthy humans (only failed ergogenesis). If you have some sort of cardiopulmonary disorder, malate may help, but otherwise, it's the citrulline that matters
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

Agreed, well put.

Get it while you still can! CM is going bye bye, it's also a favorite of mine!
    Our CM is top notch.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I would recommend this too, but there isn't any left

If you get any OP, you can use SNS Agmatine at 1g PWO and Cit Mal at 6g which will help extend out the servings.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I prefer Hemavol - Lemon drop
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dkgreene88 View Post
    I prefer Hemavol - Lemon drop
    Bulk cit mal/cit > hemavol....when speaking of citrulline dosing...factor in cost and it's a no brainer...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Bulk cit mal/cit > hemavol....when speaking of citrulline dosing...factor in cost and it's a no brainer...
    Yeah Bulk Cit Mal would be the way to go; esp if cit mal is all your after.
  21. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post

Our CM is top notch.
    What ratio is the Sns Citrulline Malate?
  22. mw1
    Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Alasel View Post

What ratio is the Sns Citrulline Malate?
    We are completely out of cm right noe but reached a licensing agreement about a month ago so wr have more in production right now. It will be 2:1 ratio as well. It may be $1-2 more a tub due to the fees

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    There aren't any documented effects of malic acid in healthy humans (only failed ergogenesis). If you have some sort of cardiopulmonary disorder, malate may help, but otherwise, it's the citrulline that matters
    Totally agree. This is what I thought, which is why I have a couple kilos of this fine white powder (L-Citrulline).
  24. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm also wondering what the breakdown for the supplement is also. I think it's a great one but I would like to see some positive write ups about it. I also think you should consider stacking it with another supplement as well.
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I but bulk Citulline Malate. It's diet cheap. SNS, BioCor, and Nutraplanet offers good bulk product. I dose 9g prewo.
    this
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

26. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Thx for the info Cooper-san
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Thx for the info Cooper-san
    L-Citrulline is where it's at bro!

28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post

We are completely out of cm right noe but reached a licensing agreement about a month ago so wr have more in production right now. It will be 2:1 ratio as well. It may be $1-2 more a tub due to the fees
    Yes! Bring back CM!
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

2:1 saaaa-lick...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  30. New Member

So when I get Citrulline malate, is 2-1 ratio better or 1-1?

Thanks
  31. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

I just use pure l-citrulline

3-5g for me

So if you were going to use citrulline malate, 6-10g

Malic acid (malate) has endurance data, but it is not going to do anything for a pump. It would go well in an inta-workout
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  32. mw1
    Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Alasel View Post
    So when I get Citrulline malate, is 2-1 ratio better or 1-1?

Thanks
    You are getting twice the amount of citrulline with the 2:1....which is what you want -more cit than malic acid

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Great news! Me and all the guys at the station were pissed when we found out we were discontinuing it! I've noticed significant differences with workouts using CM vs not, for sure!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Great news! Me and all the guys at the station were pissed when we found out we were discontinuing it! I've noticed significant differences with workouts using CM vs not, for sure!
    This! And 2:1, you can't go wrong with that.
  35. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    I just use pure l-citrulline

3-5g for me

So if you were going to use citrulline malate, 6-10g

Malic acid (malate) has endurance data, but it is not going to do anything for a pump. It would go well in an inta-workout
    Brand?
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF_2356 View Post

Brand?
    BioCor
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

37. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

BioCor
    For l-citrulline, not with malic acid.
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  38. Elite Member

I can't speak for others, but I have been using the Nutrakey L-citrulline myself lately.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  39. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nutrakey and high volume
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  40. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

I can't speak for others, but I have been using the Nutrakey L-citrulline myself lately.

Nutrakey and high volume
    Thanks Gents...

Liking the bulk supplies by nutrakey.
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. is it snowing where you live? and how much?
    By CrAzyOttER in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 11:08 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 06:50 PM
  3. what and how much should i stock up on??
    By cpd32 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 09:45 AM
  4. Fish oil: When and how much?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 12:27 PM