Citrulline or Cit-Mal and How Much?

phoenixstrike

phoenixstrike

Awards
Title.

I'm curious as to what I should be using between these two, and how much of each would be optimal in any case. Also do any pre-workouts exist that have these optimal dosages included?

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I personally use Cit-Mal and I get it from iForce's Hemavol, which contains 2500 mg per scoop. I try to get close to 10 grams, so I also use bulk Cit-Mal from SNS that contains 3 grams per scoop. So 2.5 scoops Cit-Mal + Hemavol = 10 grams of Cit-Mal.

It really works though I can absolutely tell the difference between using Cit-Mal and not using it, the benefits are definitely obvious especially for the endurance and recovery aspects for me personally.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I but bulk Citulline Malate. It's diet cheap. SNS, BioCor, and Nutraplanet offers good bulk product. I dose 9g prewo.

Reactions: mw1
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like to combine Origin and hemavol = good dose for me.. maybe I will try moar.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Title.

I'm curious as to what I should be using between these two, and how much of each would be optimal in any case. Also do any pre-workouts exist that have these optimal dosages included?
You should check out HIGH VOLUME which offers a whopping 5g L-Citrulline in two scoops which is equivalent to around 9-10g of Cit-Mal.

The Benefits of L-Citrulline
It's well known how effective L-Citrulline is for boosting nitric oxide. L-Citrulline functions in the body by being converted to L-arginine and then into nitric oxide. The nitric oxide will bring on vasodilation, this is what helps increase the amount of blood and oxygen that is delivered to the exercised muscles. When blood flow is optimal the body will be sending essential nutrients to the muscle tissues, this includes both carbohydrates and protein, which is obviously a must for recovery.

L-Citrulline also plays a role in the urea cycle, where it helps reduce the amount of lactic acid build-up you experience during your workouts.
Both these actions are going to help you reduce the overall levels of fatigue you feel during your workout.

What does L-Citrulline offer?
*Increased performance/Endurance in the gym
*Better Pumps & Vascularity
*Faster recovery
*Improved erection hardness

L-Citrulline Studies
Citrulline malate enhances athletic anae... [J Strength Cond Res. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI (This study used 8g citrulline malate (providing 4g of citrulline)
L-citrulline-malate influence over branch... [Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI (This study used 6g citrulline malate (providing 3g of citrulline)
Citrulline/malate promotes aerobic energy pr... [Br J Sports Med. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI (This study used 6g of citrulline malate providing 3g of citrulline)
Citrulline malate supplementation increases ... [Eur J Pharmacol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI (This study used 3g of citrulline malate providing 1.5g of citrulline)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19585317(This study used 6g of citrulline malate providing 3g of citrulline)
Citrulline malate limits increase in... [Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 1997] - PubMed - NCBI
Oral L-citrulline supplementation improves erection ... [Urology. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI
Role of L-citrulline transport in nitric oxide synthesis in rat aortic smooth muscle cells activated with LPS and interferon-

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
L-citrulline on its own is awesome, great compound. I'd prefer to take a larger dose of CM to get the benefits of both citrulline and malic acid.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For the price High Volume is very much worth it at 5g of L-Citrulline per serving(which is about the same as 10g of Citrulline Malate).

imo High Volume or Bulk L-Citrulline Powder.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Usually just use SNS Citrulline Malate powder or Nurakey L-Citrulline and toss either in my pre-workout.

Stocked up on a bunch of High Volume recently and plan to use that as my addition to stuff nowadays (L-cit + much more).

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stocked up on a bunch of High Volume recently and plan to use that as my addition to stuff nowadays (L-cit + much more).
Nice! Worth the price right now since nutra is offering 2 tubs for only $24.24 each.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I like to use Hemavol. 2.5g of CM per scoop!

manstr

manstr

Awards
efficacious at ~8-9g citrulline malate 1:1, so 4-4.5g citrulline would have similar effects

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
efficacious at ~8-9g citrulline malate 1:1, so 4-4.5g citrulline would have similar effects
Am I right in assuming 1:1 refers to the ratio of citrulline to malic acid and something which has say 3g of citrulline would be equivalent to 6g citrulline malate?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There aren't any documented effects of malic acid in healthy humans (only failed ergogenesis). If you have some sort of cardiopulmonary disorder, malate may help, but otherwise, it's the citrulline that matters

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
S.N.S Citrulline Malate.. Great price for 100 servings!. Nutraplanet can hardly keep it in stock!.
I would recommend this too, but there isn't any left :(

If you get any OP, you can use SNS Agmatine at 1g PWO and Cit Mal at 6g which will help extend out the servings.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Bulk cit mal/cit > hemavol....when speaking of citrulline dosing...factor in cost and it's a no brainer...
Yeah Bulk Cit Mal would be the way to go; esp if cit mal is all your after.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What ratio is the Sns Citrulline Malate?
We are completely out of cm right noe but reached a licensing agreement about a month ago so wr have more in production right now. It will be 2:1 ratio as well. It may be $1-2 more a tub due to the fees

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There aren't any documented effects of malic acid in healthy humans (only failed ergogenesis). If you have some sort of cardiopulmonary disorder, malate may help, but otherwise, it's the citrulline that matters
Totally agree. This is what I thought, which is why I have a couple kilos of this fine white powder (L-Citrulline).

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm also wondering what the breakdown for the supplement is also. I think it's a great one but I would like to see some positive write ups about it. I also think you should consider stacking it with another supplement as well.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thx for the info Cooper-san

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
We are completely out of cm right noe but reached a licensing agreement about a month ago so wr have more in production right now. It will be 2:1 ratio as well. It may be $1-2 more a tub due to the fees
Yes! Bring back CM!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2:1 saaaa-lick...

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So when I get Citrulline malate, is 2-1 ratio better or 1-1?

Thanks

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just use pure l-citrulline

3-5g for me

So if you were going to use citrulline malate, 6-10g

Malic acid (malate) has endurance data, but it is not going to do anything for a pump. It would go well in an inta-workout

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great news! Me and all the guys at the station were pissed when we found out we were discontinuing it! I've noticed significant differences with workouts using CM vs not, for sure!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Great news! Me and all the guys at the station were pissed when we found out we were discontinuing it! I've noticed significant differences with workouts using CM vs not, for sure!
This! And 2:1, you can't go wrong with that.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I just use pure l-citrulline

3-5g for me

So if you were going to use citrulline malate, 6-10g

Malic acid (malate) has endurance data, but it is not going to do anything for a pump. It would go well in an inta-workout
Brand?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For l-citrulline, not with malic acid.
I can't speak for others, but I have been using the Nutrakey L-citrulline myself lately.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone doing a post workout dose? Perhaps prior to your post workout meal? I've read breaking up the dosage will aid in recovery. Was taking nutrakey powder 2g pre/ 2g post of L cit

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I do 1.5 scoops SP Max (3g L-Citrulline=6g CM) and 1 scoop enhanced.

Thank me later

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Use on off days like beta alanine or just training days?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Anyone doing a post workout dose? Perhaps prior to your post workout meal? I've read breaking up the dosage will aid in recovery. Was taking nutrakey powder 2g pre/ 2g post of L cit
Dude, you honestly read the worst sources. The recovery benefits do exist...and they exist only if taken preworkout

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Use on off days like beta alanine or just training days?
Training. The only daily Supps are fish oil, magnesium and betaine anhydrous (tmg) and recompadrol.

Don't over complicate things Cam.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Training. The only daily Supps are fish oil, magnesium and betaine anhydrous (tmg) and recompadrol. Don't over complicate things Cam.
I only use pre training as well. Never tried it in any other fashion.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I only use pre training as well. Never tried it in any other fashion.
It's best that way. Keeps it simple.

I train 5 days week so my dosing is adequate

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude, you honestly read the worst sources. The recovery benefits do exist...and they exist only if taken preworkout
They have only been studied and demonstrated to exist if taken preworkout.

Come on Cooper, let the broscience run freely.This is the supplement industry, the land of 'may'!

It hasn't been conclusivey proven to *not* boost recovery post workout, therefore it is obviously totally completely valid to say that it 'may' boost recovery post exercise!

</s>

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
This. I take it every day however. It has promising health benefits.