Should i take bcaa's on cardio days? - AnabolicMinds.com

Should i take bcaa's on cardio days?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.

Should i take bcaa's on cardio days?

and if so, the same amount as i take on weight training days?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If you want. They aren't necessary though.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.

arent necessary on cardio days, or just in general?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kp2012 View Post
    and if so, the same amount as i take on weight training days?
    Pre cardio IMO is a good idea. Especially if your cardio is strenuous. This would help, but if it's low intensity, it may not be worth the time/money. I take 10 g bcaa preworkout with other stuff, but that's before hitting the iron
  5. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think BCAAs pre-cardio are a horrible idea. If the point of your cardio is to burn calories, then what's the use in slugging down extra calories?

Take your BCAAs for your weight training sessions where they have potential to enhance performance and anabolism
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

def take bcaa's on cardio days....i sip them while i do cardio, the bcaas would give the same benefits for cardio days as weight days...especially if your doing HIIT cardio the way you should be
  7. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I think BCAAs pre-cardio are a horrible idea. If the point of your cardio is to burn calories, then what's the use in slugging down extra calories?

Take your BCAAs for your weight training sessions where they have potential to enhance performance and anabolism
    Coop what do you think about taking them before a 10k run otherwise on an empty stomach? I don't want to eat and 10k totally empty is somewhat difficult and may lead to some muscle loss. Would BCAAs be helpful here?
  8. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    Coop what do you think about taking them before a 10k run otherwise on an empty stomach? I don't want to eat and 10k totally empty is somewhat difficult and may lead to some muscle loss. Would BCAAs be helpful here?
    Good question, when I do cardio I always go hight intensity also.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Drink some Compete before you run, not a BCAA product, but will have substantial benefits in the stead of a BCAA product.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by laneanders View Post
    Drink some Compete before you run, not a BCAA product, but will have substantial benefits in the stead of a BCAA product.
    i agree...but i'd like to sip it during the cardio, thats just me...2 scoops for a hard cardio session will add a lot of benefits and i dont' think the 20 calories are going to be detrimental to anyone
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by laneanders View Post
    I was thinking potassium nitrates...
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    I was thinking potassium nitrates...
    depends on your type of cardio....but PN might give ppl crazy pumps which may be uncomfortable during long or intense cardio sessions
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Agreed. Why do people forget about muscle memory? Get so caught up in not losing muscle they forget about the main goal.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    depends on your type of cardio....but PN might give ppl crazy pumps which may be uncomfortable during long or intense cardio sessions
    ive yet to get that severe of a pump when not lifting.. and the endurance benefits far outweigh the mild pump I would get from running. that's my own experience though.. maybe someone else has had a different outcome with aerobics. now lifting tho... that's a whole different story.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

ive yet to get that severe of a pump when not lifting.. and the endurance benefits far outweigh the mild pump I would get from running. that's my own experience though.. maybe someone else has had a different outcome with aerobics. now lifting tho... that's a whole different story.
    I prefer anabolic cardio. Farmers walk ,high rep bodyweight lunges, jump rope,boxing *combos* high jumps,burpees ect ect so I can reap both benefits
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think you're fine without them.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

i've gotten painful calve pumps from running before....but i dont' run anymore, however if someone does HIIT cardio their legs are going to swell up similar to a leg training session....again why BCAA or Compete would be extremely useful

if you listen to layne norton talk about it on his one podcast....LISS cardio has shown to decrease muscle mass and HIIT could actually increase the mass in your legs.....so it only makes sense to add bcaas or a drink like compete for cardio
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I prefer EAA's/BCAA's/Electrolytes pre/intra cardio.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  19. Enhanced Body Formulations

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    I prefer EAA's/BCAA's/Electrolytes pre/intra cardio.
    I just do pre intra bcaas with electrolytes and caffeine.

I like that combo
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i've gotten painful calve pumps from running before....
    its those tiny calves of yours ....
    FINAFLEX forum rep
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If I am doing long duration cardio, which is only contest prep, I use BCAA's and Compete.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This.. or spaced between meals 4-6 hours apart...

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/u...-Tech-2008.pdf

http://www.biolayne.com/news/episode...ein-synthesis/
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.

Hmmm.... never realized BCAA's had caloric value. I always thought they were a non-caloric, muscle sparing supp. Good to know. Do you think it's ok to take them with preworkout supps like citrulline malate, agmatine, caffeine, etc. I take them all at once, and now I'm wondering if I should omit the BCAA since these other supps work better on an empty stomach... 15 years hitting the iron and still learning : )
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rockme View Post

Hmmm.... never realized BCAA's had caloric value. I always thought they were a non-caloric, muscle sparing supp. Good to know. Do you think it's ok to take them with preworkout supps like citrulline malate, agmatine, caffeine, etc. I take them all at once, and now I'm wondering if I should omit the BCAA since these other supps work better on an empty stomach... 15 years hitting the iron and still learning : )
    More due to insulin but even gel caps have calories. You aren't allowed to list calories on amino acids either. As per fda requirements.
  25. Enhanced Body Formulations

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

More due to insulin but even gel caps have calories. You aren't allowed to list calories on amino acids either. As per fda requirements.
    I've seen no difference with using them as I like which is 10g every few hours.

Results have been nothing but stellar in muscle retention and fat loss. I find them extremely beneficial

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Correct. Also always taking amino's never allows protein levels to reach refractory stages before being spiked again. Therefore protein levels are constantly elevated, where Muscle Protein Synthesis has been shown superior with larger meals spaced out further apart with small 5g Leucine doses between those meals (4-6 hours apart) per the podcast and Layne's research.

Aminos are 1g of protein per 1g of BCAA (free forms of protein) as stated above the FDA does not count them since they are so small.
  27. Enhanced Body Formulations

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

Correct. Also always taking amino's never allows protein levels to reach refractory stages before being spiked again. Therefore protein levels are constantly elevated, where Muscle Protein Synthesis has been shown superior with larger meals spaced out further apart with small 5g Leucine doses between those meals (4-6 hours apart) per the podcast and Layne's research.

Aminos are 1g of protein per 1g of BCAA (free forms of protein) as stated above the FDA does not count them since they are so small.
    Every 3 hours or so id take them and always 4 -5 hours after a meal

28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Every 3 hours or so id take them and always 4 -5 hours after a meal
    so you eat around 3-4x a day?
  29. Enhanced Body Formulations

so you eat around 3-4x a day?
    Twice

30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Twice
    Hows that working for you?
    have you tried this for both cutting and bulking?
    Train Fasted?
  31. Enhanced Body Formulations

Hows that working for you?
    have you tried this for both cutting and bulking?
    Train Fasted?
    Yes I stay lean and I train fasted

Check out my log, the skinny stack

32. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.

i'm using the ON BCAA1000 caps
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kp2012 View Post
    i'm using the ON BCAA1000 caps
    Get a decent BCAA supp
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Get a decent BCAA supp
    Agreed, and if I could give my top recommendations I would suggest you try USP BCAA+ or Cellucor BCAA's. both are fantastic products. BCAA+ has a great 8:1:1 ratio and Leucine reigns supreme of the 3, along with EAA's and electrolytes.

Cellucor's offers some extra AA's for workout endurance and although the Leucine content is lower in comparison it has a good amount of HICA in each scoop, which will be great fir maintaining muscle mass.
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Agreed, and if I could give my top recommendations I would suggest you try USP BCAA+ or Cellucor BCAA's. both are fantastic products. BCAA+ has a great 8:1:1 ratio and Leucine reigns supreme of the 3, along with EAA's and electrolytes.

Cellucor's offers some extra AA's for workout endurance and although the Leucine content is lower in comparison it has a good amount of HICA in each scoop, which will be great fir maintaining muscle mass.
    Agreed
    Scivation Xtend
    Core ABC are also top products.

Eager to see PES release their amino.
  36. Enhanced Body Formulations

If pes releases it with hica. Put me down for 10lbs

37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've been using BCAA's between meals. Then use HICA with some electrolytes for cardio days. I usually try to bang out 3 to 4 miles and hate doing on empty stomach cause I feel run down when I do.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

If pes releases it with hica. Put me down for 10lbs
    agree, and i know Cyrus will nail the flavoring. So i am going to be waiting to see what is released.
  39. Enhanced Body Formulations

agree, and i know Cyrus will nail the flavoring. So i am going to be waiting to see what is released.
    Get into my log bro.

40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

I read over it
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. BCAA's on OFF Days?
    By jcr1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 01:21 AM
  2. do take creatine mono on off days????
    By tryingharder in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 03:25 AM
  3. ECA Stack Only on Cardio Days?
    By Eagleman003 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 11:28 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 01:10 PM
  5. BCAA Dosage on Off Days..
    By serene00 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2