Shot in the dark......

SSD77

Awards
Are their any supplements out there for shortness of breath and better respiratory? I saw one by new chapter but it seems to be discontinued. Any help? Supps/ remedies?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What is the cause of your shortness of breath? Bronchoconstriction? Over-activation of the neural respiratory center? Excessive mucus production?

SSD77

Awards
What is the cause of your shortness of breath? Bronchoconstriction? Over-activation of the neural respiratory center? Excessive mucus production?
I have not been properly diagnosed yet but its been an on going thing since I was pretty young. One doctor chalked it up to nerves/anxiety, which I do struggle with.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I have not been properly diagnosed yet but its been an on going thing since I was pretty young. One doctor chalked it up to nerves/anxiety, which I do struggle with.
It's impossible to really help without knowing the cause. Theanine seems to be good for anxiety though

SSD77

Awards
It's impossible to really help without knowing the cause. Theanine seems to be good for anxiety though
I agree, its hard to figure the root cause especially without medical coverage. I looked up some of the possibilities you mentioned but most involve wheezing and coughing which I don't have much of. It's at its worst during cardio and night/morning.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kava kava extract helps me. I use it for when I have to do public speaking because I get anxiety and shortness of breath during speeches.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I agree, its hard to figure the root cause especially without medical coverage. I looked up some of the possibilities you mentioned but most involve wheezing and coughing which I don't have much of. It's at its worst during cardio and night/morning.
Does it change seasonally? How is your health otherwise?

SSD77

Awards
Does it change seasonally? How is your health otherwise?
Never noticed it better or worse any certain time of the year. Health is better than ever, could afford to cut 5 or so pounds and maybe incorporate more cardio (which is tough to do with this condition)but other than that pretty good. I wonder if maybe an inhaler would do the trick?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Never noticed it better or worse any certain time of the year. Health is better than ever, could afford to cut 5 or so pounds and maybe incorporate more cardio (which is tough to do with this condition)but other than that pretty good. I wonder if maybe an inhaler would do the trick?
Not if this is anxiety dependent

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
certainly not trying to offer this as a solution OP but have u used primatine (ephedrine) ? it helps most people breath a little better especially during exercise

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go see your dr.

SSD77

Awards
Yea I agree that a Dr. visit is probably my best bet right now. My only guess is maybe its anxiety because I've never been a smoker and I'm pretty sure its not asthma.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I agree that a Dr. visit is probably my best bet right now. My only guess is maybe its anxiety because I've never been a smoker and I'm pretty sure its not asthma.
Anxiety hadsmany symptoms. Shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, trouble focusing, insomnia, diarreah, ed the list goes on and on. Nasty little ailment. Something you could try, if you do believe it is anxiety is meditation. I've done this over the years and it helps a ton. Simply find your most relaxing area and go sit or lay or walk there for a while. Clear your mind and it can help temporarily sometimes eliminating the flare up. But still go see your dr.

I would also suggest you try the mediation before use of any drugs. Some of said drugs are linked to inflammatory diseases such as collogenous colitis that I myself have and did not contract until I started an anti anxiety med. The link is subtle but it's there.