Shot in the dark...... - AnabolicMinds.com

Shot in the dark......

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Shot in the dark......

Are their any supplements out there for shortness of breath and better respiratory? I saw one by new chapter but it seems to be discontinued. Any help? Supps/ remedies?

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What is the cause of your shortness of breath? Bronchoconstriction? Over-activation of the neural respiratory center? Excessive mucus production?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    What is the cause of your shortness of breath? Bronchoconstriction? Over-activation of the neural respiratory center? Excessive mucus production?
    I have not been properly diagnosed yet but its been an on going thing since I was pretty young. One doctor chalked it up to nerves/anxiety, which I do struggle with.
    •   

4. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SSD77 View Post
    I have not been properly diagnosed yet but its been an on going thing since I was pretty young. One doctor chalked it up to nerves/anxiety, which I do struggle with.
    It's impossible to really help without knowing the cause. Theanine seems to be good for anxiety though
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

It's impossible to really help without knowing the cause. Theanine seems to be good for anxiety though
    I agree, its hard to figure the root cause especially without medical coverage. I looked up some of the possibilities you mentioned but most involve wheezing and coughing which I don't have much of. It's at its worst during cardio and night/morning.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Kava kava extract helps me. I use it for when I have to do public speaking because I get anxiety and shortness of breath during speeches.
  7. Diamond Member

I agree, its hard to figure the root cause especially without medical coverage. I looked up some of the possibilities you mentioned but most involve wheezing and coughing which I don't have much of. It's at its worst during cardio and night/morning.
    Does it change seasonally? How is your health otherwise?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Does it change seasonally? How is your health otherwise?
    Never noticed it better or worse any certain time of the year. Health is better than ever, could afford to cut 5 or so pounds and maybe incorporate more cardio (which is tough to do with this condition)but other than that pretty good. I wonder if maybe an inhaler would do the trick?
  9. Diamond Member

Never noticed it better or worse any certain time of the year. Health is better than ever, could afford to cut 5 or so pounds and maybe incorporate more cardio (which is tough to do with this condition)but other than that pretty good. I wonder if maybe an inhaler would do the trick?
    Not if this is anxiety dependent
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

certainly not trying to offer this as a solution OP but have u used primatine (ephedrine) ? it helps most people breath a little better especially during exercise
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Go see your dr.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Yea I agree that a Dr. visit is probably my best bet right now. My only guess is maybe its anxiety because I've never been a smoker and I'm pretty sure its not asthma.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Yea I agree that a Dr. visit is probably my best bet right now. My only guess is maybe its anxiety because I've never been a smoker and I'm pretty sure its not asthma.
    Anxiety hadsmany symptoms. Shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, trouble focusing, insomnia, diarreah, ed the list goes on and on. Nasty little ailment. Something you could try, if you do believe it is anxiety is meditation. I've done this over the years and it helps a ton. Simply find your most relaxing area and go sit or lay or walk there for a while. Clear your mind and it can help temporarily sometimes eliminating the flare up. But still go see your dr.

I would also suggest you try the mediation before use of any drugs. Some of said drugs are linked to inflammatory diseases such as collogenous colitis that I myself have and did not contract until I started an anti anxiety med. The link is subtle but it's there.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

Similar Forum Threads

1. Shot in the dark, anyone here know Javascript?
    By CaseyW in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 06:03 PM
  2. So under 21 and you're in the dark if you want help?
    By DaveWalton in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 08:47 PM
  3. 11/28 Quick side shot in the gym
    By bigblank69 in forum Pics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 12:26 PM
  4. shot in the dark
    By spoofy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2003, 05:32 AM