a good quick read on Agmatine

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,025
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    a good quick read on Agmatine


    Agmatine [4-(aminobutyl)guanidine], an endogenous neurotransmitter [1], is decarboxylated L-arginine and is a metabolic product of mammalian cells. Agmatine binds to α2-adrenergic receptor, it induces the release of some peptide hormones, and was reported to inhibit nitric oxide synthase (nitric oxide synthases are responsible for the production of nitric oxide from L-arginine) [1,2]. Agmatine benefits for exercise

    There are many claimed benefits of agmatine and a lot of disinformation is circling all over internet. Some even claim that agmatine increases nitric oxide production via inhibition of nitric oxide synthase enzyme, which is nonsense. A study by Elena Galea and others [2] reported that agmatine is a competitive inhibitor of all nitric oxide synthase isoenzymes. However, it seems that agmatine stimulates some types of nitric oxide synthase while inhibiting others. Morrissey and Klahr [3] reported that agmatine caused activation of nitric oxide synthase in endothelial cells (layer of cells on inner surface of blood vessels). Agmatine appears to act directly on endothelial cells to increase the synthesis of nitric oxide, which induces them to cause vasodilatation [3].
    Agmatine has potential to treat chronic pain, addictive states and brain injury due to its ability to inhibit hyperalgesia (increased sensitivity to pain) and its neuroprotective activity [4]. Therefore it may potentiate the effects of analgesics used during recovery from injury. Feyza Aricioglu and Hale Altunbas [5] reported modulatory effect of agmatine on anxiety and depression. Accumulating evidence suggests that agmatine possesses nootropic effects and that is a novel neurotransmitter [6]. More and more evidence is accumulating on the involvement of agmatine in the processes of learning and memory, however, direct evidence of its involvement is currently lacking [6].
    In vitro studies are also showing insulin-like effect [7]. Sener A. et al. [8] have shown that agmatine causes stimulation of insulin secretion but fails to affect insulin release in the absence of glucose.



    References

    1. Feng, Yangzheng, John E. Piletz, and Michael H. Leblanc. “Agmatine suppresses nitric oxide production and attenuates hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal rats.” Pediatric research 52.4 (2002): 606-611.
    2. Galea, Elena, et al. “Inhibition of mammalian nitric oxide synthases by agmatine, an endogenous polyamine formed by decarboxylation of arginine.” Biochem. J 316 (1996): 247-249.
    3. Morrissey, Jeremiah J., and Saulo Klahr. “Agmatine activation of nitric oxide synthase in endothelial cells.” Proceedings of the Association of American Physicians 109.1 (1997): 51-57.
    4. Reis, Donald J., and Soundararajan Regunathan. “Is agmatine a novel neurotransmitter in brain?.” Trends in pharmacological sciences 21.5 (2000): 187-193.
    5. Aricioglu, Feyza, and Hale Altunbas. “Is agmatine an endogenous anxiolytic/antidepressant agent?.” Annals of the New York Academy of sciences 1009.1 (2003): 136-140.
    6. Liu, Ping, et al. “Spatial learning results in elevated agmatine levels in the rat brain.” Hippocampus 18.11 (2008): 1094-1098.
    7. Weitzel, Günther, Brigitte Pfeiffer, and Wieland Stock. “Insulin-like partial effects of agmatine derivatives in adipocytes.” Hoppe-Seyler´ s Zeitschrift für physiologische Chemie 361.1 (1980): 51-60.
    8. Sener, Abdullah, et al. “Stimulus-secretion coupling of arginine-induced insulin release: Insulinotro action of agmatine.” Biochemical pharmacology 38.2 (1989): 327-330.





      BioCor Nutrition Agmatine (25 grams): Discount Agmatine Supplements
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com



  2. New Member
    pcowan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    21791
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    26.35%

    Very interesting read!! thanks for posting!! i Just started taking agmatine and have liked what i have seen but i also added 5g of citrulline malate to my preworkout too.
  3. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    2574216
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    6.65%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    Agmatine [4-(aminobutyl)guanidine], an endogenous neurotransmitter [1], is decarboxylated L-arginine and is a metabolic product of mammalian cells. Agmatine binds to α2-adrenergic receptor, it induces the release of some peptide hormones, and was reported to inhibit nitric oxide synthase (nitric oxide synthases are responsible for the production of nitric oxide from L-arginine) [1,2]. Agmatine benefits for exercise

    There are many claimed benefits of agmatine and a lot of disinformation is circling all over internet. Some even claim that agmatine increases nitric oxide production via inhibition of nitric oxide synthase enzyme, which is nonsense. A study by Elena Galea and others [2] reported that agmatine is a competitive inhibitor of all nitric oxide synthase isoenzymes. However, it seems that agmatine stimulates some types of nitric oxide synthase while inhibiting others. Morrissey and Klahr [3] reported that agmatine caused activation of nitric oxide synthase in endothelial cells (layer of cells on inner surface of blood vessels). Agmatine appears to act directly on endothelial cells to increase the synthesis of nitric oxide, which induces them to cause vasodilatation [3].
    Agmatine has potential to treat chronic pain, addictive states and brain injury due to its ability to inhibit hyperalgesia (increased sensitivity to pain) and its neuroprotective activity [4]. Therefore it may potentiate the effects of analgesics used during recovery from injury. Feyza Aricioglu and Hale Altunbas [5] reported modulatory effect of agmatine on anxiety and depression. Accumulating evidence suggests that agmatine possesses nootropic effects and that is a novel neurotransmitter [6]. More and more evidence is accumulating on the involvement of agmatine in the processes of learning and memory, however, direct evidence of its involvement is currently lacking [6].
    In vitro studies are also showing insulin-like effect [7]. Sener A. et al. [8] have shown that agmatine causes stimulation of insulin secretion but fails to affect insulin release in the absence of glucose.



    References

    1. Feng, Yangzheng, John E. Piletz, and Michael H. Leblanc. “Agmatine suppresses nitric oxide production and attenuates hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal rats.” Pediatric research 52.4 (2002): 606-611.
    2. Galea, Elena, et al. “Inhibition of mammalian nitric oxide synthases by agmatine, an endogenous polyamine formed by decarboxylation of arginine.” Biochem. J 316 (1996): 247-249.
    3. Morrissey, Jeremiah J., and Saulo Klahr. “Agmatine activation of nitric oxide synthase in endothelial cells.” Proceedings of the Association of American Physicians 109.1 (1997): 51-57.
    4. Reis, Donald J., and Soundararajan Regunathan. “Is agmatine a novel neurotransmitter in brain?.” Trends in pharmacological sciences 21.5 (2000): 187-193.
    5. Aricioglu, Feyza, and Hale Altunbas. “Is agmatine an endogenous anxiolytic/antidepressant agent?.” Annals of the New York Academy of sciences 1009.1 (2003): 136-140.
    6. Liu, Ping, et al. “Spatial learning results in elevated agmatine levels in the rat brain.” Hippocampus 18.11 (2008): 1094-1098.
    7. Weitzel, Günther, Brigitte Pfeiffer, and Wieland Stock. “Insulin-like partial effects of agmatine derivatives in adipocytes.” Hoppe-Seyler´ s Zeitschrift für physiologische Chemie 361.1 (1980): 51-60.
    8. Sener, Abdullah, et al. “Stimulus-secretion coupling of arginine-induced insulin release: Insulinotro action of agmatine.” Biochemical pharmacology 38.2 (1989): 327-330.





      BioCor Nutrition Agmatine (25 grams): Discount Agmatine Supplements
    Name:  tldr.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  93.4 KB













    JK good read thanks R1!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,025
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Name:  tldr.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  93.4 KB












    JK good read thanks R1!


    bahahhahaha
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  5. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,025
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by pcowan13 View Post
    Very interesting read!! thanks for posting!! i Just started taking agmatine and have liked what i have seen but i also added 5g of citrulline malate to my preworkout too.

    try taking agmatine before bed. its awesome
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  6. New Member
    pcowan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    21791
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    26.35%

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    try taking agmatine before bed. its awesome
    Just better sleep or what?
  7. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,025
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by pcowan13 View Post
    Just better sleep or what?
    I really dont know exactly how it happens. @mr.cooper69 can better explain it but if im not mistaken, it indirectly increases GH levels.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  8. New Member
    pcowan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    21791
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    26.35%

    so do i take it pre work out and before bed or just before bed?
  9. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,025
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by pcowan13 View Post
    so do i take it pre work out and before bed or just before bed?
    i do 500mg pre workout and 500mg at night
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  10. Senior Member
    jwa254's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,269
    Rep Power
    629847
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    73.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i do 500mg pre workout and 500mg at night
    Yeah, that's generally my protocol with agmatine as well. I like it.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  11. Professional Member
    VaughnTrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,915
    Rep Power
    1018911
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    87.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    awesome info.

    This is why we suggest using our bulk Agmatine powder 50g tubs before meals, pre-workout, and/or pre-bed
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,163
    Rep Power
    5323941
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    65.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    awesome info.

    This is why we suggest using our bulk Agmatine powder 50g tubs before meals, pre-workout, and/or pre-bed
    This is why we also suggest our 50g and 100g tubs of Agmatine powder .
    ~Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~

    AnabolicMinds.com Site Rep
  13. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,344
    Rep Power
    2439431
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Spaniard's Corner :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    This is why we also suggest our 50g and 100g tubs of Agmatine powder .
    100 gram tubs? Oooooooooooooo. I know what I'm going for when I run out of my PrimaForce
  14. Elite Member
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    2651881
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    74.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

    This is why we also suggest our 50g and 100g tubs of Agmatine powder .
    Exactly.
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  15. New Member
    cedman1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    21524
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    54.24%

    Very nice to know as I've just started on this as well. So far have only been taking 500mg upon waking. Will add into my before bed routine as well,

    Thanks for the read and the information,
    CTD Labs Product Ambassador/Board Rep
    5% off CTD Labs products at NutraPlanet use code -
    CTDNP5
  16. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,509
    Rep Power
    1626647
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    82.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Nice read.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Use code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  17. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,509
    Rep Power
    1626647
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    82.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Has anyone taken agmatine and a GDA pre meal?
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Use code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  18. New Member
    bananaClip's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    158403
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    44.17%

    i do 2g agmatine prework another 1-2(depends on size of scoop) some where during the day and another 2 or so before i sleep

    500mg - one gram does nada for me
  19. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,025
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    This is why we also suggest our 50g and 100g tubs of Agmatine powder .
    This is why @BioCor .....

    ah nevermind, not worth it lol
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  20. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,446
    Rep Power
    987690
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    15.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Has anyone taken agmatine and a GDA pre meal?
    I take both glycophase and agmatine before my preworkout meal
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  21. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,446
    Rep Power
    987690
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    15.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Has anyone taken agmatine and a GDA pre meal?
    I take both glycophase and agmatine before my preworkout meal.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,163
    Rep Power
    5323941
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    65.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Spaniard's Corner :P



    100 gram tubs? Oooooooooooooo. I know what I'm going for when I run out of my PrimaForce
    Spaniard's Arena hell Yea man pick some up 100 days worth at a gram a day

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    This is why @BioCor .....

    ah nevermind, not worth it lol
    Lmao it's always worth it!
    ~Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~

    AnabolicMinds.com Site Rep
  23. New Member
    ironranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    1060
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    44.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    awesome info.

    This is why we suggest using our bulk Agmatine powder 50g tubs before meals, pre-workout, and/or pre-bed
    Is it ok to mix bulk Agmatine together with Leucine? I Normally mix 1 gram Agmatine to 3 grams Leucine Pre work out.
  24. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,407
    Rep Power
    4156328
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    89.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
    Is it ok to mix bulk Agmatine together with Leucine? I Normally mix 1 gram Agmatine to 3 grams Leucine Pre work out.
    Sure thing. But only if its SNS Agmatine, any other brand will spontaneously combust when you shake it.

    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  25. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,509
    Rep Power
    1626647
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    82.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I take both glycophase and agmatine before my preworkout meal
    Ima try this than. Sounds great and weird no one ever mentioned it.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Use code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  26. Board Sponsor
    BioCor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    631513
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    70.11%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    This is why @BioCor .....

    ah nevermind, not worth it lol




    Buy SNS. How is that for pimpin
    BioCor Nutrition - Please check our line by clicking on the product below.
    Agmatine- Cor CLA Caps- Citrulline Malate - Green Tea Caps- Cissus- Creatine Mono - DivaMax
  27. Elite Member
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    2651881
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    74.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by BioCor View Post



    Buy SNS. How is that for pimpin
    EXTRA EXTRA BioCor endorses SNS!!
    You heard it here first folks!!

    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  28. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,344
    Rep Power
    2439431
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Spaniard's Arena hell Yea man pick some up 100 days worth at a gram a day
    Excellent. Very convenient so that I don't have to keep reordering so frequently
  29. New Member
    cedman1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    21524
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    54.24%

    Hi again,

    In my research last evening (on the web, lol) I came across a site that gave a lot of pro's and con's on Agmatine. It was a very positive article with links to a lot of research that has been done in different studies, etc. However, one con they mentioned twice was that Agmatine has the capability to negate the blocking properties of Yohimbe.

    Is this something that is well known or not a major deal. I'm going to continue using the Agmatine but I just had that question. Thanks,
    CTD Labs Product Ambassador/Board Rep
    5% off CTD Labs products at NutraPlanet use code -
    CTDNP5
  30. Senior Member
    mtinsideout's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,326
    Rep Power
    453221
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    63.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cedman1 View Post
    Hi again,

    In my research last evening (on the web, lol) I came across a site that gave a lot of pro's and con's on Agmatine. It was a very positive article with links to a lot of research that has been done in different studies, etc. However, one con they mentioned twice was that Agmatine has the capability to negate the blocking properties of Yohimbe.

    Is this something that is well known or not a major deal. I'm going to continue using the Agmatine but I just had that question. Thanks,
    I've never heard of this and I happen to be using Agmatine and Yohimbine HCL at the moment... In for more info
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  31. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,637
    Rep Power
    1594941
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post

    I've never heard of this and I happen to be using Agmatine and Yohimbine HCL at the moment... In for more info
    Agmatine binds but posses no action there actually the intra workout agmatine leucine and yohimbine with 15-30g carbs will produce mind boggling pumps add in a few othe key ingredients and it's anabolism all day
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  32. Senior Member
    mtinsideout's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,326
    Rep Power
    453221
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    63.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Agmatine binds but posses no action there actually the intra workout agmatine leucine and yohimbine with 15-30g carbs will produce mind boggling pumps add in a few othe key ingredients and it's anabolism all day
    You didn't english to well there lol... I know agmatine+cit mal+BA+creatine+green tea+caffeine+yohimbine+DMAA+po wder gatorade=F'ing epic gym time... But is there anything wrong with this combo??
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  33. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,344
    Rep Power
    2439431
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Agmatine binds but posses no action there actually the intra workout agmatine leucine and yohimbine with 15-30g carbs will produce mind boggling pumps add in a few othe key ingredients and it's anabolism all day
    I've always wondered what yohimbine's effects on pumps was. Anybody care to explain? Does it have bloodflow promoting qualities?
  34. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,025
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by cedman1 View Post
    Hi again,

    In my research last evening (on the web, lol) I came across a site that gave a lot of pro's and con's on Agmatine. It was a very positive article with links to a lot of research that has been done in different studies, etc. However, one con they mentioned twice was that Agmatine has the capability to negate the blocking properties of Yohimbe.

    Is this something that is well known or not a major deal. I'm going to continue using the Agmatine but I just had that question. Thanks,

    would you care to post those studies on here or PM me the links and I will post them?
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  35. New Member
    cedman1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    21524
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    54.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    would you care to post those studies on here or PM me the links and I will post them?

    Sure as this is the first I've seen of this listed con:

    *taken from Link*
    Does Not Go Well With

    L-Arginine and L-Citrulline (for some neurological effects; cardiovascular interactions not well elucidated)
    Yohimbine and Rauwolscine (Agmatine activates the α2A receptor that these inhibit)
    D-Aspartic Acid due to reducing signalling via the NMDA receptors
    Alcohol coingestion (may increase ulceration from alcohol)

    Link:
    http://examine.com/supplements/Agmatine/
    CTD Labs Product Ambassador/Board Rep
    5% off CTD Labs products at NutraPlanet use code -
    CTDNP5
  36. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,637
    Rep Power
    1594941
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I posted a large thread on this back in 2012 called iirc

    Agmatine food for thought
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  37. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,637
    Rep Power
    1594941
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  38. New Member
    cedman1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    21524
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    54.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    I posted a large thread on this back in 2012 called iirc

    Agmatine food for thought
    OK, will find it and go through that thread as well.

    Thanks

    *** Thanks for posting the link, great info in regards to what I mentioned ***
    Last edited by cedman1; 09-25-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: updating
    CTD Labs Product Ambassador/Board Rep
    5% off CTD Labs products at NutraPlanet use code -
    CTDNP5
  39. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,025
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Will read when I get home. Thanks for the links guys!!!
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  40. New Member
    ironranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    1060
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    44.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Sure thing. But only if its SNS Agmatine, any other brand will spontaneously combust when you shake it.

    Sounds like fun, will have to try that lol, new I should have purchased SNS
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Good read on AI's
    By andrew732 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 10:49 PM
  2. good read on NEJM
    By bigironkiller in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 10:20 AM
  3. Good read on liporotein A
    By hardasnails1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 08:46 AM
  4. Superfoods,a Good Read on Nutrition
    By John Smeton in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 01:47 AM
  5. quick clarification on good mornings
    By khan8 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in