The combination of L-Citrulline, Agmatine, GMS & Plantago

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The combination of L-Citrulline, Agmatine, GMS & Plantago(PUMPs + Endurance)

Sometimes pump products can get in the way of endurance training, but this is why I come to you for new protocols to try for everyone who is using High Volume.

These protocols are goal dependent, I myself have been using the protcol 1 for pumps on weight training days, for cardio days I've been using protocol 2 for endurance, on days I have boxing or grappling I've been sticking with protocol 3 for enhanced Hydration & Endurance. Based on the feedback from loggers, reviews and training partners all 3 of these dosing protocols are very useful.

Ingredients profile = 2 scoop full serving size/40 scoops per tub

highvolunepicandingredients.jpg

Protocol 1- (PUMPS)
2 scoops of High Volume Pre-workout 

Protocol 2- (ENDURANCE)
1 scoop of High Volume pre-workout, 1 scoop Intra-Workout

Protocol 3- (Enhanced Hydration & Endurance)

1.5-2 scoops High Volume Intra-Workout

The Benefits of L-Citrulline
It's well known how effective L-Citrulline is for boosting nitric oxide. L-Citrulline functions in the body by being converted to L-arginine and then into nitric oxide. The nitric oxide will bring on vasodilation, this is what helps increase the amount of blood and oxygen that is delivered to the exercised muscles. When blood flow is optimal the body will be sending essential nutrients to the muscle tissues, this includes both carbohydrates and protein, which is obviously a must for recovery.

L-Citrulline also plays a role in the urea cycle, where it helps reduce the amount of lactic acid build-up you experience during your workouts.
Both these actions are going to help you reduce the overall levels of fatigue you feel during your workout.

What does L-Citrulline offer?
*Increased performance/Endurance in the gym
*Better Pumps & Vascularity
*Faster recovery
*Improved erection hardness

L-Citrulline Studies
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20386132 (This study used 8g citrulline malate (providing 4g of citrulline)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20499249 (This study used 6g citrulline malate (providing 3g of citrulline)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12145119?dopt=Citation (This study used 6g of citrulline malate providing 3g of citrulline)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21664351 (This study used 3g of citrulline malate providing 1.5g of citrulline)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19585317(This study used 6g of citrulline malate providing 3g of citrulline)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9164703
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21195829
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1574005/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Benefits of Agmatine
Agmatine is a decarboxylated metabolite of L-Arginine. It's actions are wildely different than that of arginine, Agmatine acts as a neurotransmitter it has the ability to induce pumps through multiple mechanisms, induce production of GH, nitric oxide, creatine and protein.

In addition to increased nutrient delivery to muscle cells, agmatine also acts to aid nutrient uptake by increasing muscle cell insulin sensitivity through activation of I(2)-imidazoline receptors (25). So agmatine not only helps you get the glucose and amino acids to the right place, it also opens the door and drives them right inside the muscle cell to enhance protein synthesis.

What does Agmatine offer?
* Increases Nitric Oxide synthesis
* Enhances nutrient delivery to muscle cells
* Raises muscle cell insulin sensitivity
* Mood elevating
* Neuro-protective

Agmatine Studies
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12782188
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11125020
http://www.ajnr.org/content/27/4/780.full
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1399259
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18364017
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Benefits of Micronized Glycerol Monostearate
Given that there are many different types of glycerols, its been found that GMS is far superior for bodybuilding applications. Typical GMS on the market is made up of very large particles that have a lot of trouble dissolving and cause some difficulty in consumption, while a micronized form of GMS will maximize its mixability.

Glycerol is a substance which has been shown to elevate blood plasma volume. Recent studies have shown that consuming glycerol before a workout can boost your ability to retain intra-muscular fluid by up to fifty percent. Hyperhydration in elite endurance athletes has been well documented and proven effective.

GMS brings a mechanism to pump and endurance that is independent of NO-based mechanisms seen in ingredients like L-Citrulline.

Typical GMS on the market is made up of very large particles that have a lot of trouble dissolving and cause some difficulty in consumption. Thats why Athletix uses a special form of GMS that is micronized to maximize its mixability in the formula.

What does GMS offer?
*Enhanced Hydration
*Intracellular nutrient/electrolyte delivery
*Elevate blood plasma volume
*Boost your ability to retain intra-muscular fluid by up to fifty percent

GMS Studies
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8775573
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00423211#
http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/sports-nutrition-does-glycerol-help-athletes-stay-hydrated-988
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23075560

The Benefits of Plantago Major L.
Plantago was first released by Athletix in their test booster Titanium and now you can find it in our new High Volume formula. Even tho this is still a new ingredient to the supplement industry there is one promosing animal study performed on this extract. The study shows significant results in terms of endurance through glycogen retention. The study also mentions Plantago may be useful to increase physical strength as well.

What does Plantago offer?
* Increased glycogen retention
* Increased endurance/Performance in the gym

Plantago Studies
http://www.academicjournals.org/jmpr/pdf/pdf2011/4May/Mao-ye%20and%20Li-guo.pdf

Now anyone can post a bunch of studies, but here are some quotes from real feedback from members of AM who have tried the combination of L-Citrulline, Agmatine, GMS & Plantago(High Volume).

Feedback on L-Citrulline, Agmatine, GMS & Plantago(High Volume)

"I would recommend this to any serious athlete looking to improve performance in athleticism, or even if your striving for that mix of pump and vascularity"
"Quoted by MackyRB"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"ALL DAY PUMPS!! Feeling full & swole all day long, and especially during my workouts. My first workout on this was arm day. After my first warmup set, I was already feeling it! The vascularity is popping out too!"
"Quoted by Enhanced"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pumps-
Amazing Pump. I had worked out arms
and my arms looked more vascular then they have looked in a while, while working
out. The pump was not uncomfortable at all.

Endurance- Great. Some of the best endurance I've received with a pre-workout before.
"Quoted by JonRubio"
Half hour after the pwo kicked in, i did feel the need to keep goin. i did a few extra sets and workouts and didnt wanna leave the gym. when i hopped on the treadmill i didnt get a tired feeling or even felt like i was on the treadmill, i just kept goin with it.
"Quoted by mstep"
Overall: 5/5
I would say for a Non Stim, it would be hard for me personally to not give it a 5/5. I was locked in, alert, had a good pump, and it tasted good. I really can't wait to give it another go.
"Quoted by Cubsfan815"
I will be using this product when it comes out. I believe I have found my non stim pre which will make taking my needed stim breaks a lot easier.
"Quoted by Bean5er"
Is the powder really the stim and the caps the non stim?I SWEAR I got an energy surge from this preworkout. It felt like a drank a couple cups of coffee....I was in the zone for my back and biceps workout and I got a pretty nice pump too.Please tell me I'm not imagining things and this is the stim. I really liked this one lol.
"Quoted by FL3XMAGNUM"
Over all/Recommendation - 4/5 - Would i recommend it to others ? Yup yup , once again great non stim product, ingridents in it were great to provide me a kick after 10hours of work and breeze through the workout.
"Quoted by GQNemesis"
Plenty of endurance! Got home and legs were on fiiiiiiiiiire!

Results: I would MOST DEF use both stim and non stim pre workouts!
"Quoted by KingLeonidas9"
Chest day was absolutely awesome. I have doing a program where you do 50 reps with your 10rm. So 10 reps (should fail around 10) 30 seconds rest, and keep doing sets until you reach 50. Needless to say, with this stack, my chest was blown up. I honestly don't think it has ever been that pumped, and I have done this routine with several different pres. I can say that during chest day especially, I had a LOT more endurance than usual. Guessing it was the citruline? Someone educate me because its awesome.
"Quoted by Tuton11" (Stacked with AcuteFX)

High volume gave me crazy pumps!
"Quoted by HokiePokie"

Originally Posted by JudgementDay

Hey Bob, quick question if you don't mind. Overall thoughts on High Volume alone in 1 sentence?

Feels like someone took helium and put it right into your veins.
"Quoted by The Solution"

I don't often order supplements myself. I am more than taken care of by PES. That being said, I have a rule that if there is a great product out there will still mention it because it serves as honest consumer advice for you.

I ordered two of these tubs from America. Athletix Sports High Volume.

Easily one of the greatest profiles for a non stimulant pre workout product available at the moment with an unprecedented dose of 5g of L-Citrulline (equivalent to 10g of standard citrulline malate powder).

Look through any pre workout products you have which feature these ingredients and compare doses.

This should suit anyone who is looking for a pump based pre workout product but wants to avoid caffeine
"Quoted by bdcc"

If your using these ingredients combined without Plantago or using High Volume with Plantago, I'd love to hear your feedback on prefered dosing and results.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah buddy!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the info JD.

jking4

definitely next pre workout to try. on my supplement bucket list. I dig the profile.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome read brother this def sheds some light! I been using high volume the past week and love the friggin pumps. I am using 2 scoops and filling it with in 5 minutes.

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
i did 1 scoop of HV along with 1 scoop of compete and had some great workouts

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The merit of GMS at the dose used in high volume is not water retention for endurance training, but rather elevation of plasma volume. This helps maintain a normotensive environment in the face of improved vasodilation. Great writeup otherwise, and high volume is freakin awesome.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The merit of GMS at the dose used in high volume is not water retention for endurance training, but rather elevation of plasma volume. This helps maintain a normotensive environment in the face of improved vasodilation. Great writeup otherwise, and high volume is freakin awesome.
Cooper approved thread? :D

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice write up. Next on my list for sure

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys!

For pre-workout dose pumps & performance is wicked with this combo, but I've been doing the intra dose for a week not during boxing and grappling, loving this more than any other intra drink I've tried. Just gotta add in some BCAA's and you have yourself a wicked intra supp!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This is a very interesting product for sure. I'm wondering how it compares to one of our products. What type of product would you consider this to be?

Touey

Touey

Awards
This is a very interesting product for sure. I'm wondering how it compares to one of our products. What type of product would you consider this to be?
Trying to understand if knowing ingredients how troubled to understanding comparison

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1
Many options for this product, it's a pump/endurance boosting product, but it can really be used as a non-stim pre-workout or intra workout.

So many benefits with these ingredients at the doses Athletix brought to the table, with the price tag at Nutra, it's hard to pass up.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've finally got some on the way finally.
Need to try this stuff out again! My sample wasn't enough lol.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've finally got some on the way finally.
Need to try this stuff out again! My sample wasn't enough lol.
The samples we sent out only had 2.5g of L-Citrulline, the released version has double that :D

High Volume is where it's at!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ordering mine very soon

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ordering mine very soon
Let us know how it goes :D

They have a sick price at Nutra right now 2 for $24.24 each and Acute FX is only $16.61 right now!

Lonx

Awards
NP have just shipped my athletix stacks overnight. Have to onship with a 3rd party due to one of titanium's ingredients but can't wait. I need a good non stim to help my crossfit workouts 3x per week. Will report back!
The merit of GMS at the dose used in high volume is not water retention for endurance training, but rather elevation of plasma volume
I donate plasma every fortnight... Woohoo! Win win, lol. Maybe I can fill the bag in 3 cycles instead of 4 soon :D

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats everyone stacking High Volume with?

I've been going back and forth with Enhanced & Acute FX, now making a switch over to Alphamine for that extra fat burning, I did 2 scoops of Alphamine + 2 scoops of High Volume last night, combo worked awesome, pumps like crazy and sweating like no tomorrow.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be stacking High Volume with potassium nitrate here shortly.
Probably a bad idea on leg day lol.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I love getting over pumped now, the Enhanced/High Volume combo gives crazy nitrate/citrulline/agmatine pumps, I bet the potassium nitrate combo will be nuts, I havn't tried it, let me know how it goes!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need to try that stack. I haven'y got a pump in my legs for a while now. It's weird, no idea why.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need to try that stack. I haven'y got a pump in my legs for a while now. It's weird, no idea why.
Damn everytime I hit legs the pumps kill me, Potassium Nitrate & High Volume should do the trick tho + carbs :D

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably my lack of carbs

forevercutting.jpg

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good news, I was just told we should be getting High Volume in the UK within the next 4 weeks :)

WayneD

WayneD

Awards
I'm rotating weekly between enhanced, acute, and alphamine with high volume. All 3 are working great

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm rotating weekly between enhanced, acute, and alphamine with high volume. All 3 are working great
Nice! All 3 have to be the best pre-workouts on the market that goes well with High Volume.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know how you guys can take a pump product on leg days lol.
Did two scoops High Volume and 4 caps potassium nitrate and after 8 sets of leg press and 5 sets of extensions my legs were beyond pumped. Came very close to throwing up.

I was too messed up to think about snapping a pic unfortunately but my lower legs had some pretty extreme vascularity going on.

Trying it again today for chest and probably going to throw in some Alphamine for energy.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know how you guys can take a pump product on leg days lol.
Did two scoops High Volume and 4 caps potassium nitrate and after 8 sets of leg press and 5 sets of extensions my legs were beyond pumped. Came very close to throwing up.

I was too messed up to think about snapping a pic unfortunately but my lower legs had some pretty extreme vascularity going on.

Trying it again today for chest and probably going to throw in some Alphamine for energy.

ahahaha, sounds like thats a killer pump combo. Goodluck or chest!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ahahaha, sounds like thats a killer pump combo. Goodluck or chest!
When I get back on Enhanced I'm gonna try it with HV... seems to be what all the cool kids are doing ;)

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of adding hemavol to my Alphamine but after reading this thread I decided to buy a couple High Volumes instead. Formula looks solid if it tastes good ill probably be hooked.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was thinking of adding hemavol to my Alphamine but after reading this thread I decided to buy a couple High Volumes instead. Formula looks solid if it tastes good ill probably be hooked.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.