creatine- before or after a workout?

jmorgan7845

Awards
hey guys,

for those of you who take creatine, which works better for you. before or after?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
doesn't mattter! just remember to take it everyday

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Recent study says after.. but in the grand scheme of things anytime will probably suffice.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
A couple recent articles floating around lean to post-workout benefits but honestly it is a saturation effect, just get your 3-5 g a day

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
5gms before and 5 grams after. Micronized monohydrate. 10 grams training days, 5 grams rest days. 12 weeks on 4 weeks off. This is how I use it with great success.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5gms before and 5 grams after. Micronized monohydrate. 10 grams training days, 5 grams rest days. 12 weeks on 4 weeks off. This is how I use it with great success.
You only need 3-5 grams per day and really only needs to be dosed workout days once saturated.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I've always had good results post workout. A number of studies recommend this as well

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always take it after but that's just my personal preference. But my Powermax has creatine in it so on workout days I end up taking it before and after. I drive 45 minutes to work so I use some green mag and drink it on the way up.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take it post but it doesn't matter. Just take it.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think it really matters at the end of the day. When I take my creatine depends on what products I'm using. It could be a preworkout that has a full dose of it then I don't take it post. It could be a preworkout with a good amount of it and then I would take some extra post. It could be I forgot to take it that day and end up dosing at night. It could be a intra-workout product having a good dose of it like SizeOn and then that ends up being my creatine dose.

So yeah, really doesn't matter AFAIK.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I take creatine mono post mostly because of recent studies done. Again, doubt it really matters, but its unflavored and when added to Isotean I cant taste it anyways.

1eyeguy

Awards
Like everyone has said as long as you take it everyday you should be good. There are plenty of studies either way before or after.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You only need 3-5 grams per day and really only needs to be dosed workout days once saturated.
this is how i do it. i take it pre workout only because its easier to remember to take it when i mix my citmal,creatine and pre workout all together

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I tend to take 2.5g of creatine mono before and 2.5g after in my Isotean Shake. I dont think it really matters as long as you get it in!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Mehhh

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take it the 10th of never

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10g pre swells me up nicely.

Mike

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if your saturated to 100% then it doesn't make much of a difference...personally i've taken it preworkout, postworkout, and even in the mornings even though i workout at night.....recently been taking it intraworkout with my bcaa's and haven't noticed a difference for any of them

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if your saturated to 100% then it doesn't make much of a difference...personally i've taken it preworkout, postworkout, and even in the mornings even though i workout at night.....recently been taking it intraworkout with my bcaa's and haven't noticed a difference for any of them
yeah, same here. no difference for me either.

but you do a loading phase of 10g for a month just to make sure you are saturated, correct? :laugh: