New Forskolin Study

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
A third human trial demonstrating body recomposition effects from forskolin? Yes please.

This time, it was done in totally normal, fairly young volunteers.

Two things to note:

This was 8 weeks at my favorite dose of 100mg.

Secondly, due to the 10% extract, 1/5 of the participants had to drop out due to GI issues.

In 8 weeks, subjects lost an extra >4 lbs of pure fat mass over baseline and 0.9 lbs LBM. Since they were not weight training, weight loss that is 80% fat mass in NORMAL volunteers is extremely impressive and likely actually indicative of a muscle-sparing effect (demonstrated in other studies).

Moral of the story:

Forskolin is good. 50mg is the lowest proven dose; 100mg, my favorite dose, is now backed by science.

Get a high quality, high % extract. It will limit GI issues while maximizing active constituents for fat loss and such.

A Coleus forskohlii extract improves body composition in healthy volunteers: An open-label trial

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is great. I think this is something I'm going to continue to cycle on and off of for the foreseeable future. Just hope that the price doesn't go up.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Greats news for everyone!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Curious as to your dose timing at 100 mg Coop, are some times better than others? Currently taking 50 mg upon waking, 25 before lunch and 25 pre workout

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
See coop's corner #1. Best dosed with b-agonists

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love seeing this. :D

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Almost linked you to this study when I saw the write up on Ergo Log a couple days ago. Glad to see a study done at 100mg.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
When people mention staple supplements (multi, fish oil, creatine, b-Alanine), I think forksolin and betaine anhydrous should be mentioned in the same breath. Body composition and/or performance data in repeated human trials

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to see another positive forksolin study, the ingredient is underrated.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When people mention staple supplements (multi, fish oil, creatine, b-Alanine), I think forksolin and betaine anhydrous should be mentioned in the same breath. Body composition and/or performance data in repeated human trials
Looks like I'm upping to 100 for the next 4 weeks

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now I am totally kicking myself for not grabbing a few more bottles of F95 during the analyzed supp sale... :(

XIXOX

XIXOX

Awards
  • Established
Hey Coop why forskolin give me GI only when I'm very low carb ?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff. I can attest that of all the herbal supps I have tried, only Forskohlin and Anabeta gave me impressive recomp effects when training and being on a "slightly cleaner than average guy" type diet.

Just ordered 500g of Betaine and am stoked to experiment with higher doses.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here. It's always nice to see some of my favorite supplements backed by studies.
Exactly. :)

I was actually just thinking about that yesterday. TMG has found its way to always be in my stash and my client recommendations quite frequently over the last year or so (forskolin already had that status for me). Nice to see more data on both of these recently since I already recommend them a ton.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hey Coop why forskolin give me GI only when I'm very low carb ?
I honestly have no idea. It may be that you simply have less bulk in your stools (less fiber) so the diarrhea manifests more rampantly. But nothing about low-carbs would mechanistically interfere with the means by which forskolin induces GI distress

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
any idea how much F95 is in ABE per full dose (4 caps)? or even Oxy AF (2 caps)? Would it be safe to assume they are both at 50 mgs each per daily dose?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
any idea how much F95 is in ABE per full dose (4 caps)? or even Oxy AF (2 caps)? Would it be safe to assume they are both at 50 mgs each per daily dose?
I would guess that in a days serving of ABE, it contains 50mg Forskolin. 100% guess.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would guess that in a days serving of ABE, it contains 50mg Forskolin. 100% guess.
That's what I'm also guessing. On separate cycles Ive used ABE and F95 and for my next one after reading that many ppl dose upwards of 100mg of F95 without GI distress I'll probably be using this dosing scheme.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
It's actually ~ 350 milligrams. I just got off the phone with the company and a rep confirmed it. I believe her actual words were "bout tree fitty"

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too bad I have a stomach ulcer :(
I have ulcerative tissue and tolerate F95 perfectly well (apart from the very first two days when I started it).

I do not recommend using it though. I just thought I would add personal feedback as I am in a similar situation.

XIXOX

XIXOX

Awards
  • Established
I honestly have no idea. It may be that you simply have less bulk in your stools (less fiber) so the diarrhea manifests more rampantly. But nothing about low-carbs would mechanistically interfere with the means by which forskolin induces GI distress
Ok thanks coop

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would just assume there's enough Forskolin in ABE to not need the Fors-95....

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, that is the point of having an "all in one". Or elite version, so you don't have to spend more on extra stuff.
What if you formulated something to meet the studied dose and new research came out which supported an even higher dose?

Just saying. :)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What if you formulated something to meet the studied dose and new research came out which supported an even higher dose?

So, there's 50mg then? :D

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't say that you cheeky rascal.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

In that case I would get the original anabeta and stack it with some F95. That way you could control your dosage better and probably save some moola.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In that case I would get the original anabeta and stack it with some F95. That way you could control your dosage better and probably save some moola.
Dont forget about the cortisol control in the Elite though. Also you wouldnt have to take nearly as much forskolin with the elitr version since there is already some in it.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
There are a lot of studies out there and I'm not surprised by these at all. There are really some great products out there and this stuff really can produce a lot of muscle growth. It's a great product overall. I enjoy using it. It really does well. What are your favorite products to stack with it?

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting this coop. Without a doubt one of the best supplements out there for ANY purpose.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
"Three subjects reported abdominal discomfort, such as increased bowel movements, soft stools, and/or diarrhea. No other clinically significant adverse events were detected or noted."

Reactions: mw1