Whey Protein Meeting Label Claims

  1. Registered User
    Bigfrapp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    34

    Whey Protein Meeting Label Claims


    Ive been hearing a lot about protein powders not meeting label claims. If a product is cGMP Certified does that mean it meets label claims?

  2. Registered User
    deuceswild72's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    301544

    Yea I've heard the same. Marc Lobliner is sending inventory to get tested and is posting videos on YouTube.
  3. Registered User
    BigGame84's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    330877

    So what's brands can be trusted
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,662
    Rep Power
    830326

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfrapp View Post
    Ive been hearing a lot about protein powders not meeting label claims. If a product is cGMP Certified does that mean it meets label claims?
    I could be wrong, but cGMP is more about having a clear paper trail of the manufacturing process and less about guaranteeing what is on the label.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  5. mw1
    mw1 is offline
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,679
    Rep Power
    3211219

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfrapp View Post
    Ive been hearing a lot about protein powders not meeting label claims. If a product is cGMP Certified does that mean it meets label claims?
    Well there is an allowable variance of +- 10% so it depends what you mean by not meeting claims.

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  6. Registered User
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toy Town
    Posts
    5,326
    Rep Power
    954759

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Well there is an allowable variance of +- 10% so it depends what you mean by not meeting claims.
    exactly

    i do know Protean meets label claims
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  7. Registered User
    Duywayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    37218

    Its not about meeting label claims even anymore.. now its about which one actually has protein (whey) and is not spiked with glycine and taurine.
  8. Registered User
    Wilsy7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Age
    23
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    153761

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    exactly

    i do know Protean meets label claims
    Proof?
  9. mw1
    mw1 is offline
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,679
    Rep Power
    3211219

    Quote Originally Posted by Duywayne View Post
    Its not about meeting label claims even anymore.. now its about which one actually has protein (whey) and is not spiked with glycine and taurine.
    But most of the allegations have been brought up by competitors. I've seen one instance were it turned out to be true.(havent checked Marc's newest videos though)

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  10. Registered User
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Conroe TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,426
    Rep Power
    7239202

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post

    But most of the allegations have been brought up by competitors. I've seen one instance were it turned out to be true.(havent checked Marc's newest videos though)
    He only posts videos on proteins that meet label claims. Third party tested.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  11. Registered User
    Duywayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    37218

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    But most of the allegations have been brought up by competitors. I've seen one instance were it turned out to be true.(havent checked Marc's newest videos though)
    The complaint brands are now listing on their labels (ie MuscleTech, Giant Sports, Myofusion). These all have glycine and taurine added in them to boost up protein values. Marc Lobliner is only posting total protein content per product.. he is not testing how much of that protein is actually Glycine.
  12. mw1
    mw1 is offline
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,679
    Rep Power
    3211219

    Quote Originally Posted by Duywayne View Post

    The complaint brands are now listing on their labels (ie MuscleTech, Giant Sports, Myofusion). These all have glycine and taurine added in them to boost up protein values. Marc Lobliner is only posting total protein content per product.. he is not testing how much of that protein is actually Glycine.
    Giant sports uses betaine which will skew any lab results for glycine and make them worthless

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  13. Registered User
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,794
    Rep Power
    4373398

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Giant sports uses betaine which will skew any lab results for glycine and make them worthless
    Which sucks because the Giant Sports Flavors are top notch IMO.
    PES Representivie
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  14. Registered User
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,757
    Rep Power
    6322260

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Which sucks because the Giant Sports Flavors are top notch IMO.
    What happened to GS? they fell out of almost all online stores....
    Team ScoobyPrep - Unleash Your Potential
  15. Registered User
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,794
    Rep Power
    4373398

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    What happened to GS? they fell out of almost all online stores....
    No idea but I noticed all of their protein is on sale at every G**.
    PES Representivie
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  16. mw1
    mw1 is offline
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,679
    Rep Power
    3211219

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    What happened to GS? they fell out of almost all online stores....
    I think that had more to do with current issues surounding DS and Gaspari...a little retribution

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  17. Registered User
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,757
    Rep Power
    6322260

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    I think that had more to do with current issues surounding DS and Gaspari...a little retribution
    Unaware...
    Team ScoobyPrep - Unleash Your Potential
  18. mw1
    mw1 is offline
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,679
    Rep Power
    3211219

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    Which sucks because the Giant Sports Flavors are top notch IMO.
    Not sure I follow you here??? There is nothing wrong with using betaine... it just wont give you a valid result for glycine

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  19. Registered User
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,794
    Rep Power
    4373398

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post

    Not sure I follow you here??? There is nothing wrong with using betaine... it just wont give you a valid result for glycine
    Just went back and re-read your comment. Totally read it wrong.
    PES Representivie
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Why a casein/whey protein combo is the best for growth
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 11:19 PM
  2. Label Claims of Protein factory
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 08:54 AM
  3. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 05:41 PM
  4. New Faces of Whey Protein
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2003, 03:43 PM
  5. Pro-Rated 100% Whey Protein
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-01-2003, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in