Advice For Fat Loss

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd continue to get your diet dialed in before to turning to supplements. What's your age? Goal just to continue to loose stubborn belly fat?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any reason for not wanting to use a stimulant?

DAA + Erase/EPro + Forskolin + GDA (Recompadrol/SSv2/Glycophase) would be a nice stack.

Also, you only need 3-5 grams of creatine per day. Timing is irrelevant but yes I did read that study about taking in creatine post workout which is totally fine (I do pre and post just for my own convenience).

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any reason for not wanting to use a stimulant?

DAA + Erase/EPro + Forskolin + GDA (Recompadrol/SSv2/Glycophase) would be a nice stack.

Also, you only need 3-5 grams of creatine per day. Timing is irrelevant but yes I did read that study about taking in creatine post workout which is totally fine (I do pre and post just for my own convenience).
Can always add aav2 to round out any stack

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You should reduce creatine intake to roughly 3 grams and timing isn't a huge deal. Do you have generalized anxiety disorder?

Look into forskolin-95, Erase, and recompadrol for now

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been dieting for a couple months and I'm pretty happy with where I'm at minus a bit of stomach fat. I've been reading that yohimbine is extremely effective for fat loss especially in stubborn areas but should be avoided for those with anxiety issues. Is there anything comparable that will not cause/exacerbate anxiety and is also not a stimulant? Would a DAA/AI combination be just as effective for fat loss?

Also, I have always taken my creatine split before and after workouts, but recently read that post-workout is when it is most effective. Is there any reason I should not just take the full 10g post workout?
Hi JHK. Congrats on your success up to this point. I agree with everyone's suggestions in regards to supplement options and creatine use. Another product that I'd consider would be Compound 20®, especially in combination with Forskolin-95. There's potential synergy between the two and it's stimulant-free as well.

If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to ask.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
TT-33 would help with burning fat without stimulants if that is something you are looking for as well as the Forskolin suggested above. Creatine doesn't need to be supplemented that high 3 - 5 grams is plenty to maintain saturation and as was already mentioned timing doesn't matter.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Pretty much everything I would say has been covered. TT-33 is a good option as a non-stim fat burner, and creatin is pretty high.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
GDAs are of great benefit to cyclic keto dieters.. at 1-200 g per day im not sure id call that low carb, so a GDA will absolutely work for you.
another thing you might want to try is ARA. its pretty well known to lean people out. perhaps it will have this effect on u as well.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been dieting for a couple months and I'm pretty happy with where I'm at minus a bit of stomach fat. I've been reading that yohimbine is extremely effective for fat loss especially in stubborn areas but should be avoided for those with anxiety issues. Is there anything comparable that will not cause/exacerbate anxiety and is also not a stimulant? Would a DAA/AI combination be just as effective for fat loss?

Also, I have always taken my creatine split before and after workouts, but recently read that post-workout is when it is most effective. Is there any reason I should not just take the full 10g post workout?
lower abdominal fat is the hardest to get. avoid weighted abdominal workouts. what are you doing for cardio and how many cals & carbs are u eating a day.

supplement wise, I like forskolin as one of the most effective products for fat loss. use for 12 weeks.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tt-33 is a stimulant free fat burner which could really help finish off some last bits of fat

but i'd also make sure your incorporating HIIT cardio in the mix

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks for the replies everyone! To answer some questions:

I'm 30 years old, about 5' 11", between 205-210 depending on the time of day and I would guess around 15% body fat. My goal is to lose some stomach fat while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible. This might be hoping for too much, but I recently read Coop's Corner #4: Alpha-2 Antagonism? Yes Please. (can't post a link yet) and it sounded like exactly what I wanted - something that specifically targets stomach fat while sparing as much muscle as possible.

I have really bad acid reflux so I stay away from caffeine for the most part. Every once in a while I'm completely dead at work and drink a can of the zero sugar/zero carb Monster and even that gets to me sometimes.

I haven't been diagnosed with anything, but have had panic attacks in the past that stem from acid reflux that sometimes makes me feel like my throat is closing up/having a heart attack. It's been a while since I've had one, but would like to avoid anything that could cause one if possible.

I've been doing a little bit of research on DAA and AIs for a bit now, but I'm still wary about taking these especially since I see the occasional post about someone claiming gyno and screwed up hormone levels after taking them. Am I just overly cautious at this point?

In terms of the Recompadrol - I've read some things that suggest that it would not be effective on a low carb diet (I think my normal intake would be between 100-200g). Is there any truth to this?

Thanks again everyone!
Given that you can't do caffiene I would suggest
Alpha t2
AAv2
Recompadrol
Erase

This would be also stim free where the mild stim comes from the yohimbe in the T2.
All VERY effective products. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Given that you can't do caffiene I would suggest
Alpha t2
AAv2
Recompadrol
Erase

This would be also stim free where the mild stim comes from the yohimbe in the T2.
All VERY effective products. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.
Good advice here.

Would also suggest FINAFLEX ALC+CLA. Can be stacked with most anything.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cardio: 20 minutes LISS cardio Monday - Friday, Crossfit/HIIT/Complexes on Saturdays, 45 minutes of LISS on Sundays.
Carbs: Between 100 - 200g Monday - Friday consisting mostly of brown rice and fruits.

I recently read some nice reviews about Burn24 - does anyone have any experience with this product? Also, I noticed that it contains green coffee bean extract, but is being advertised as non-stim - is this correct?

Ive never heard of LISS before, but 20 minutes seems to be very minimal for cutting.

when i cut, i do HIIT, jump rope, and swimming and the occasional stair master

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you do fasted cardio upon waking in the morning? i love doing that

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weekend cardio is done fasted in the morning. During the week I do cardio in the evenings after my workout.
gotcha. getting that lower ab region lean is the toughest part. gotta be on point with diet and increase the cardio intensity.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
DAA plus almost anything will work well for you. I would also go with ErasePro too. That's another great product to use. It really works well together with DAA. I would also suggest doing some cardio as well. A couple of hours a week will be good. HIIT training is the best form of cardio you can do.

J

Jackriddle

Awards
I am a working person and I go to gym daily. I have a balanced diet schedule and I also want to lose extra fat from my body and build muscles. The few necessary things to gain mass and lose fat are as follows:

Exercise on daily basis is one of the first step. With this the fat calories will burn and you can also do exercise in evening, still morning exercise is much recommended. Morning exercise will give you energy for the whole day and you will feel fresh.
Your meal should be balanced and there should be proper timing of your meals. If you really want to burn fat, then you need to focus not only what you eat, but also on when are you talking your meal.

Fat burning hormones such as glucagon should be activated to burn fat and for that you need to take a low glycemic meal after workout as well as before workout. There are various supplements available in market that are used to lose body and give muscles gain such as usplabsdirect-compound 20 usp labs and many more. You can take supplements with proper diet plans for improved and fast results. For building muscles you should take food rich in protein in the morning such as you can take protein supplements shakes in morning.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Disagree. Weighted ab work preventing people from losing the last bit of lower abdominal fat, no, just no.
to each his own.

you cant spot lose fat. "oh i only wanna get rid of this section". you cant do that. in my experiences as well as many others on this forum, the best ab work is no ab work. just a solid diet. many compound lifts already work the abs. adding exercises like Zumba and stuff like that are great core workouts. no need for weighted ab workouts unless your stomach is very very lean as it is and you want to BUILD the muscle.

so for you, you build the abdominal muscle to lose the fat?

X

xhrr

Awards
to each his own.

you cant spot lose fat. "oh i only wanna get rid of this section". you cant do that. in my experiences as well as many others on this forum, the best ab work is no ab work. just a solid diet. many compound lifts already work the abs. adding exercises like Zumba and stuff like that are great core workouts. no need for weighted ab workouts unless your stomach is very very lean as it is and you want to BUILD the muscle.

so for you, you build the abdominal muscle to lose the fat?
This is my take. I don't ever change how I workout whether I am cutting or bulking, diet takes precedence. I still lift heavy which includes olympic movements and crossfit. So my core gets hit hard regardless, probably the hardest during olympic and compound movements. Should I stop doing those movements because they are weighted? No. Would doing weighted ab mats with those lifts hold me back from losing that last bit of lower ab fat, no. If anything it will build the abdominals like you said and make them pop more when your BF gets low enough. It will burn more calories than body weight or no ab exercises at all so I can't see why it would hold anybody back and spot reduction is not possible like you said. People lose fat there last which might be the collective anecdotal feedback behind weighted ab exercises preventing fat loss there specifically but think about how that sounds? Why would an exercise or building a muscle up prevent fat gain in one spot? It wouldn't our bodies don't work like that.

People probably don't even need to do core specific exercises a whole lot if they do compound movements and olympic lifts as those will build your core better than some planks, or weighted sit ups, etc. More food for thought, any ab exercise you do is weighted to a certain extent. None of us weigh zero pounds, some of us are 230 lbs and some of us are 180 lbs should heavy guys deter from ab work because they are heavier and therefore lifting a heavier load to do a crunch, sit up, etc.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is my take. I don't ever change how I workout whether I am cutting or bulking, diet takes precedence. I still lift heavy which includes olympic movements and crossfit. So my core gets hit hard regardless, probably the hardest during olympic and compound movements. Should I stop doing those movements because they are weighted? No. Would doing weighted ab mats with those lifts hold me back from losing that last bit of lower ab fat, no. If anything it will build the abdominals like you said and make them pop more when your BF gets low enough. It will burn more calories than body weight or no ab exercises at all so I can't see why it would hold anybody back and spot reduction is not possible like you said. People lose fat there last which might be the collective anecdotal feedback behind weighted ab exercises preventing fat loss there specifically but think about how that sounds? Why would an exercise or building a muscle up prevent fat gain in one spot? It wouldn't our bodies don't work like that.

People probably don't even need to do core specific exercises a whole lot if they do compound movements and olympic lifts as those will build your core better than some planks, or weighted sit ups, etc. More food for thought, any ab exercise you do is weighted to a certain extent. None of us weigh zero pounds, some of us are 230 lbs and some of us are 180 lbs should heavy guys deter from ab work because they are heavier and therefore lifting a heavier load to do a crunch, sit up, etc.
We may have a misunderstanding here...

I agree with this post. I'm the same way. When I said no weighted ab workouts, I meant no weighted crunches... Etc.

When I cut I get down to 7-8 percent and have a nice stomach and I never isolate my abs.

edit: i do ab work about 8 weeks before i cut to build the muscle a bit right before i get the fat off.