Melatonin vs gaba vs zma

chris9394

Awards
I end up playing tennis or running late at night before sleep and I haven't been able to get any quality sleep for a long time. I also wake up to pee 3ish times a night. Which would be the best sleep aid? As well as best for bodybuilding purposes

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin is my go to. I've tried GABA and zma. I don't think zma helped me sleep. GABA and melatonin is my favorite combo, but GABA is pricey compared to melatonin. Good sleep. Crazy dreams. I especially like it when I'm not going to get very much sleep because it seems like the sleep I do get is of a higher quality.

chris9394

Awards
That's perfect cuz I rarely get enough sleep now. How much is melatonin?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Melatonin is the best of the 3. It induces sleep via circadian rhythm. GABA induces sleep via peripheral relaxation. ZMA enhances sleep quality via magneisum and b6. Your best bet is 1mg melatonin + 2 caps Abyss Unparalleled IME

Touey

Touey

Awards
Melatonin is the best of the 3. It induces sleep via circadian rhythm. GABA induces sleep via peripheral relaxation. ZMA enhances sleep quality via magneisum and b6. Your best bet is 1mg melatonin + 2 caps Abyss Unparalleled IME
Hi coop,

Always helping out people and trying your best to explain when so much involved is very difficult I know. One question am often noticing you will define things then listing what you think the best, but an example melatonin in even small doses make me awful groggy next day when GABA does this not at all. So it is seeming that to say is the "Best" would intake to many factors for such broad statement.

Like some drug may acutely address symptom the best but overall would not be the "best" drug, rather another drug that addressing symptom as well but suited more properly.

Only bringing to attention as some may read start on the melatonin or any other thing thinking the best and that all there is to it, but maybe not for them, friend I have would tell me taking melatonin he is feeling depressed for a week and he not prone to depression but those that are also maybe it will be less optional.

Everyone like to be a critic lol please understand am only trying to help

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Melatonin hasn't really worked that well for me personally but GABA at high enough doses does wonders. Problem with GABA however is that after awhile, I find that the effects diminish in which I would have to take a break from it.

Abyss Unparalleled however, that's some good stuff. Stayed effective through the entire bottle, if anything, it became more effective the longer I used it. Totally knocked my sleeping pattern back to normal.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
melatonin is my favorite of the three.....gaba tends to keep me awake, and zma doesn't give me good sleep, i kind of toss and turn when i take it

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Do these effects happen with the first dose or do they have to get in ur system like loading?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hi coop,

Always helping out people and trying your best to explain when so much involved is very difficult I know. One question am often noticing you will define things then listing what you think the best, but an example melatonin in even small doses make me awful groggy next day when GABA does this not at all. So it is seeming that to say is the "Best" would intake to many factors for such broad statement.

Like some drug may acutely address symptom the best but overall would not be the "best" drug, rather another drug that addressing symptom as well but suited more properly.

Only bringing to attention as some may read start on the melatonin or any other thing thinking the best and that all there is to it, but maybe not for them, friend I have would tell me taking melatonin he is feeling depressed for a week and he not prone to depression but those that are also maybe it will be less optional.

Everyone like to be a critic lol please understand am only trying to help
There is no one size fits all, but there is a "best" based on an educated guess from the available data. Of the 3, it is most likely that a naive user will respond best to melatonin

Do these effects happen with the first dose or do they have to get in ur system like loading?
Neither. It usually presents 2-3 months in

Touey

Touey

Awards
There is no one size fits all, but there is a "best" based on an educated guess from the available data. Of the 3, it is most likely that a naive user will respond best to melatonin
I see where coming from coop but you see is it not so very much unlike data mining on way conducting this advice impersonally educated guessing to one size fitting, trying to understand do you not think it is naive user needing option mostly of all.

smoker145

I see where coming from coop but you see is it not so very much unlike data mining on way conducting this advice impersonally educated guessing to one size fitting, trying to understand do you not think it is naive user needing option mostly of all.
What?

chris9394

Awards
I picked up some 5mg tabs of melatonin. Does it have to build up in your system or does it work immediately

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get some of my better sleep with ZMA overtime. Melatonin worked at first for me but seemed like I would always need to up it to get to sleep.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't melatonin like test in the sense that if u add test in from an outside source ur body shuts down its testosterone production and my uncles doctor said that melatonin taken from an outside source shuts down ur body's natural melatonin production.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
And if that is true how would one restart their natural melatonin production?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's also used the products he suggested, bro.

chris9394

Awards
Just so you all know I'm trying melatonin and for 3 nights I've had great sleep and crazy dreams

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't melatonin like test in the sense that if u add test in from an outside source ur body shuts down its testosterone production and my uncles doctor said that melatonin taken from an outside source shuts down ur body's natural melatonin production.
No. But it is something that naturally decreases in production as we age and is generally more beneficial in older folks. I once took 3-5 mg every night for over a year with no problems sleeping cold turkey.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I started using ZMA about 4-5 months ago and I love it. I have used melatonin for yrs at 5 mg.

If I really have trouble I use REM 8.0. That's stuff is a knock out. I don't recommend everyday use but a maybe a few days in a row for outstanding sleep an a few days off. Or a week or two of use with a week off.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Melatonin does nothing for me, gaba is nice to relax during the day, but ZMA puts me out like a light. I take it and literally 45 min later I just want to rest and I can get 6-7 hours with no interruption. For someone like me that has trouble with 3-4 hours solid, it is incredible.