1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.2%

HELP A BRO CHOOSE A STACK

Alright gents & ladies,
    so im 5'6 around 150-152lb on average. my idea's on a good workout regimen is if it doesnt require a barbell or incorporate more then 1 muscle group i dont useally do it. im just an avid lifter i have alot fun doing it and like most i like seeing my strength numbers go up. about 70% of my workout is the SS regimen(squat-push-pull) with some extras that i threw in:

A: squat - dead lift - press/jerk - claves & abs (my only 2 isolation movements)
    1: weighted dips - snatch high pulls - calves & abs
    B: squat - flat bench - Power clean
    2: weighted pullups - incline bench(helps with chest defintion) - calves & abs

as you know if you have ever seen the SS program its a 3 day split that rotates every week to look like this:
    week 1: mon- A (tues- 1) wed- B (thurs- 2) fri- A
    week 2: mon- B (tues- 2) wed- A (thurs- 1) fri- B
    week 3: mon- A (tues- 1) wed- B (thurs- 2) fri- A and so on........

for the tues and thurs workout you would use routine 1 & 2 and also rotate them every week as shown above.

another that i added was the squat variation. so you would keep the routine utilizing the squat 3 days a week. but for me every week i would change between front and back squats(high back).
    so week 1 i would back squat---week 2 id use front squat---week 3 back squat and so and so on....

now another way that i varied it for my own benefits was the squat style:
    (monday - anderson box squat) (wednesday - anderson squats) (friday - full squat)
    so basically the first 2 days out of the 3 your training to get out of that hole when your full squatting on friday (high back/ass to ground).

when i do my bench press i do 2 grips: regular & wide/snatch grip. that consists of a 3-5 sec. pause at the bottom of each rep. laying it on your chest so you lose the ability to cheat and use your natural muscle contraction rebound. i found that it transfers to my press's/jerks very very well.

now over training...for me its a love/hate relationship. i do believe 100% that rest/recovery is without question extremely important for making progress. with that said im just a naturally active person so i still stay active on saturday/sunday. i useally play around doing overhead squats/snatch's and i have adopted the thruster too because of the gnarly metabolic/cardio output you get with light or heavy weight. and the continuous opening/closing & stabalizing your body has to do makes them very appealing for my workout arsenal.
    plus ill swim,hike,ruck run, trail run, tire flips/drags/pushes(my gym doesnt have a sled), rope climbs, etc.....

as for my diet i keep it simple and healthy'ish in my eyes lol:
    1-2 gallon of water daily..

MONDAY-FRIDAY
    *6am- 60g protein powder(w/ whole milk) w/ an assortment of fruits
    *9am- cup of whole milk
    *12pm- fresh deli meat no bread(turkey,chicken,ham,roast beef, etc...) with some more fruit & another glass of milk
    *3pm- 60g protein powder(w/ water)
    *6-8pm(really whenever im done with the gym)- grilled chicken/lean beef or w.e. available w/ rice, salad once in a while or some other veggies, & 60g protien powder(w/ water)

SATURDAY & SUNDAY
    *pasta and meat. i f*cking love pasta ie. chicken alfredo, garlic linguini & steak, etc....

Since i am planning on doing a mild cycle here shortly as for why im here. im thinking of either running the anabolic growth kit by AMS or the alpha bulk kit by forerunner labs(supports/serm are included). if anyone has any expierence with either/prefer one over the other or would just recommend somthing completely different let me know im open to anything. as for my goals im really going to try to keep my current weight but lean out & get a more solid/defined/harder look(not really cutting per se) while simultaneously increasing my lifts lol. anyone have any lifting ideas or comments throw them at me again im open to suggestions...

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.43%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

Honestly before you get a stack get your diet in check. it looks horrible and thats being nice
    Protein Powder + Fruit
    Milk
    Deli meat which sucks and is heavily processed junk with fruit and milk
    Protein Powder

Your diet could use some more starch and MUCH better omega 3's and healthy fats which are pretty void in your diet
    Whole Eggs?
    nuts/nut butters?
    Oli's
    Omega 3's?

Not even seen
    not even a single veggie is seen either except maybe your last meal.

I would drop the milk at 9 , that does nothing for you and increase your portions over 4 meals. You could really use some better sources of chicken, beef, eggs etc in your diet or even some forms of fish.

I agree with a SS Routine or a madcow 5 x 5 fullbody, dont need to get fancy with the grips. Just work on progressive overload and adding weight to the bar each week with good form.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Honestly before you get a stack get your diet in check. it looks horrible and thats being nice
    Protein Powder + Fruit
    Milk
    Deli meat which sucks and is heavily processed junk with fruit and milk
    Protein Powder

Your diet could use some more starch and MUCH better omega 3's and healthy fats which are pretty void in your diet
    Whole Eggs?
    nuts/nut butters?
    Oli's
    Omega 3's?

Not even seen
    not even a single veggie is seen either except maybe your last meal.

I would drop the milk at 9 , that does nothing for you and increase your portions over 4 meals. You could really use some better sources of chicken, beef, eggs etc in your diet or even some forms of fish.

I agree with a SS Routine or a madcow 5 x 5 fullbody, dont need to get fancy with the grips. Just work on progressive overload and adding weight to the bar each week with good form.
    I agree OP I'd be looking into more veggies I eat the hell out of some veggies all day. Fruit is nice but keep it balanced. Also as stated deli meat is okay but it shouldn't be no main source of protein. Get some chicken in there and fish on occasion. Just if you can try to get better protein sources in your diet than protein powder. Whole food is the best as always.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.2%

LOL yeah i knew i would catch some heat about my diet. honestly thats just the way ive been eating as of lately due to schedule (i work in an ER) so its just "healthiest" stuff i can buy from local gas station. I in no way would run a cycle on this diet; so for that i will be changing it (anabolic diet) once i get to the grocery store and can stock up on goodies . but i atleast appreciate yall taking time and critiqueing my page.

p.s. as for the milk at 9. honestly i just absolutely love milk, though i know its beyond fattening, that is actually a daily minimum for me. but i am going to try to refrain from the stuff through out the week and mayb just have a serving or two on the weekend....
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Look into intermittent fasting OP. It's a godsend for shift work
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Fiber is your friend. Yet another vote for cleaning up your diet. And if you're looking to do a recomp, your best bet is going to be an AnaBeta/Erase/DAA stack.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.2%

yeah the my diet lol. ive never tried the anabeta but i do have expierence with daa & erase.i will say that i love erase its the sh1t, though i do have to dose up on glucosamine because it dries me out but nothing that cant be managed. now as for the daa...i did see improvement with strength on my lifts while on it, but it absolutley destroyed my GI tract

as for the intermittent fasting ive looked at some threads here on AM about it (best place for an education on how to become a super saiyan lol) and im def. going to start utlizing it , program fits perfectly into my workout-work-sleep schedule nicely

workout 0415-0615pm/work & eat 0700pm-0300a (fits perfectly for my post workout)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help Choose a Stack for SgtP
    By SgtP in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 08:40 AM
  2. need help choosing a stack
    By allknottedup in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 11:30 PM
  3. Need help choosing a stack to bulk
    By sbrb12898 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7