MAN SPORTS REPS come on in......

G.Superior

Awards
Considering picking up a tub of Man Sports PF3. At 6'1 230lbs, i'm wondering what kind of dose i'm looking at. As we all know, the product is not cheap, and at the recommended dose, i'm lookin at a little over 5 weeks worth per tub. Dosage says 1-2 scoops post workout. I'm looking at several dosage protocols and would like to get some feedback

2 scoops post workout
1 scoop pre workout with a scoop of Gaspari Glycofuse. and then 1 scoop intra with my serving of intrabolic
1 scoop intra and then 1 scoop post
1 scoop pre and 1 scoop post
2 scoops intra

That's 5 different ways and i'm curious what would be the best way. I workout immediately upon waking, and trying to determine if adding in pf3 is worth the extra coin

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I weigh 164 right now and currently trying out PF3. 2 scoops a day I found the effects on recovery to not be very noticeable. 3 scoops has been showing promise as recovery seems to have gone back up a bit similarly to how I felt running Bio-Gro @ 4 scoops a day (Bio-Gro may actually work well for me @ 3 scoops a day, I never tried that dosing scheme though).

With PF3 I've been doing 1 scoop intra. 1 scoop post. 1 scoop last meal/shake of the day.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Plz change title to MAN-BOTS Come ON IN!

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
as an avid protein comsumer, im too paranoid to give my protein powder as i give great weight to its nutritional value. that said, im following a few people who are dropping their protein completely when trying their pf3 and they are somehow good with it so far. i saw this article also, where pf3 was tested instead of protein for 4 weeks and nobody lost any strength and they continued to make the gains they should, so i wonder if maybe i should do what theyre doing. i dont know:

Stack3d Supplement News: Review of the bio-active concentrate Pure PF3, MAN Sport's protein powder does actually work

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm one of the loggers of PF3 that has dropped WPI completely. Usual stomach bloating has been steadily decreasing. No loss of strength while leaning out. I am keeping my protein constant by using whole food sources though. I'm in week 5 and still evaluating but so far so good.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Come on now.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm one of the loggers of PF3 that has dropped WPI completely. Usual stomach bloating has been steadily decreasing. No loss of strength while leaning out. I am keeping my protein constant by using whole food sources though. I'm in week 5 and still evaluating but so far so good.
So what you are essentially stating is that you did not replace your protein with PF3.

Remember people, protein powders are JUST POWDERED FOOD. It's not magic muscle dust.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Yes, hard to believe myself but being truthful. Check out the many logs on PF3.

Eat clen and tren hard?

Nah just ingest PF3 and get hyooge with the 3g of protein it contains.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
thats awesome. just to clarify here, are you saying that for every gram of protein powder you dropped that you kept your protein "consistant" by increasing the protein you got from food to total the amount you were taking OR are you saying that you just made sure you got the same amount of protein from food consistant with the amount you got from food previously?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thats awesome. just to clarify here, are you saying that for every gram of protein powder you dropped that you kept your protein "consistant" by increasing the protein you got from food to total the amount you were taking OR are you saying that you just made sure you got the same amount of protein from food consistant with the amount you got from food previously?
He's CLEARLY stating that he is not reducing protein intake. He's just getting it from more whole foods now.

Again, don't know how many times I have to repeat myself here or maybe the ad copy itself is simply confusing, one can not replace a macro nutrient with a micro nutrient. Also, for goodness sakes, stop implying that protein powder is anything other than powdered food. It's FOOD. No way one can replace food (apart from replacing it with another food).

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what you are essentially stating is that you did not replace your protein with PF3.

Remember people, protein powders are JUST POWDERED FOOD. It's not magic muscle dust.
Magic muscle dust rofl. I like that one. Had me laughing.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Magic muscle dust rofl. I like that one. Had me laughing.
Why, thank. Annoys the heck out of me when I see people implying protein powder is anything other than powdered food. Smh.

I mean, what exactly is the idea/logic/point in saying one has replaced WPI with protein from food. That's the equivalent of saying "hey, I replaced my food with another food!"

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why, thank. Annoys the heck out of me when I see people implying protein powder is anything other than powdered food. Smh.

I mean, what exactly is the idea/logic/point in saying one has replaced WPI with protein from food. That's the equivalent of saying "hey, I replaced my food with another food!"
Well I enjoy solid food over protein powder for one being satiated but also I look leaner while eating whole foods instead of powders also.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I enjoy solid food over protein powder for one being satiated but also I look leaner while eating whole foods instead of powders also.
That's still a food choice at the end of the day. That's the point I was basically making. kenpoengineer was initially making it out as if he was replacing actual protein intake with PF3 which is simply not true.

At best, you may be able to eat LESS protein overall and not see a fall off due to more efficient MPS but the stuff is not going to replace actual food (protein powder again is just powdered food people). Wanted to make that point crystal clear because probably the majority of people are assuming that they can replace their protein intake with PF3.

As for the OP's inquiries, here's how I dosed it:

1 scoop intra (if you don't use intra supps, take the scoop pre)
1 scoop post with protein (food, shake, doesn't matter)
1-2 scoops with the last meal of the day (your last meal could be a shake, doesn't matter)

Needless to say, that one tub of PF3 did not last me very long.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
In the past I used protein powders as main source and switched to whole foods with the exception of 30g wpi drink post work out. I now am a lot leaner and less bloated with more $.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would be fibbing if I said I wasn't very interested in PF3. But at the price and amount needed to produce noticeable changes per the reviews I've seen id have to stumble across some for free on the roadside to give it a true try :)

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
i eat tons of protein powder, even though i know wholefood protein is better; i just dont have the stomach space.i personally view protein powder as an extract that misses alot of nutrients and is handled differently by the body. its no secret that protein can be converted to carbs ect, so i question how much of it has the nutritional value im looking for, whether it is optimal for me to try to equal its nutritional value with something else, and how much of it is undesirable nutrition leading to fat gain. i would stand to save some money if dumping protein for pf3 was, in terms of keeping my gains and reducing doms, equivalent (or better in the case with reducing doms) as several other people have said it is after several weeks, but my plan is to check in with these people after several months to see whats going on with it before i try dropping protein powder

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To clarify my earlier post, I'm trying to be as observational as I can to give PF3 my honest evaluation. Here are my notes so far:

1) I am NOT substituting PF3 for protein.
2) I maintain my total grams of protein at 160/day (1g/lb BW). Since I'm not using protein powder any more I'm deriving all my required protein grams from whole foods.
3) I dropped all protein powder after about a week on PF3. Was taking 26 to 52 grams WPI per day before that.
4) I am experiencing a leaning out/fat losseffect, especially in the stomach area.
5) I am experiencing significantly reduced stomach bloating while on PF3 and off protein powders. I have stopped protein powder use in the past due to bloating with no reduction. Something is different this time with PF3 present.
6) I am experiencing improved recovery (DOMS from squat day usually lasts 4 days, it's been reduced to 3 days)
7) I am experiencing some sort of thermogenic effect while working out.
8) I am interested in the effects of the "bio-active" value of PF3 to enhance my workout recovery.
9) I have only been logging for 4 weeks (2.5 without WPI powder) and am still evaluating it.

So far my opinion is that PF3 is having positive effects on my workouts and muscle development. I realize that there are many factors working here and that everyone's body reacts differently.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To clarify my earlier post, I'm trying to be as observational as I can to give PF3 my honest evaluation. Here are my notes so far:

1) I am NOT substituting PF3 for protein.
2) I maintain my total grams of protein at 160/day (1g/lb BW). Since I'm not using protein powder any more I'm deriving all my required protein grams from whole foods.
3) I dropped all protein powder after about a week on PF3. Was taking 26 to 52 grams WPI per day before that.
4) I am experiencing a leaning out/fat losseffect, especially in the stomach area.
5) I am experiencing significantly reduced stomach bloating while on PF3 and off protein powders. I have stopped protein powder use in the past due to bloating with no reduction. Something is different this time with PF3 present.
6) I am experiencing improved recovery (DOMS from squat day usually lasts 4 days, it's been reduced to 3 days)
7) I am experiencing some sort of thermogenic effect while working out.
8) I am interested in the effects of the "bio-active" value of PF3 to enhance my workout recovery.
9) I have only been logging for 4 weeks (2.5 without WPI powder) and am still evaluating it.

So far my opinion is that PF3 is having positive effects on my workouts and muscle development. I realize that there are many factors working here and that everyone's body reacts differently.
Here's the issue I'm having with your "observations." Essentially, they are pretty useless because the MAIN variable here is that you are now deriving your protein from whole foods rather than shakes. This would essentially nullify whatever findings you have on PF3 since PF3 TBH is such a minute variable in the changes you have made.

To make a proper assessment, NOTHING should have changed in your routine and nutrition except for the introduction of PF3. That would provide the single change in variables and thus whatever effects one may have experienced could then be correlated back to that single change in variable.

One simply can not come anywhere near giving an accurate assessment of the product when the most significant change is in your diet.

i eat tons of protein powder, even though i know wholefood protein is better; i just dont have the stomach space.i personally view protein powder as an extract that misses alot of nutrients and is handled differently by the body. its no secret that protein can be converted to carbs ect, so i question how much of it has the nutritional value im looking for, whether it is optimal for me to try to equal its nutritional value with something else, and how much of it is undesirable nutrition leading to fat gain. i would stand to save some money if dumping protein for pf3 was, in terms of keeping my gains and reducing doms, equivalent (or better in the case with reducing doms) as several other people have said it is after several weeks, but my plan is to check in with these people after several months to see whats going on with it before i try dropping protein powder
This makes next to zero sense. Protein supplements are really no different from drinking milk for the most part except you have a much higher concentration of protein. It's not an extract which is missing a lot of nutrients. Protein powder provides you with by and large your protein macros. Plain and simple. If one is stupid enough to live off of mostly protein powders, yeah, you're going to be missing a lot of things in your diet because again, protein powders provide you with essentially just protein macros. You still have two other very important macros which are carbs and fats not to mention you still need micronutrients. PF3 again is NOT A MACRO NUTRIENT AND DOES NOT REPLACE A MACRO NUTRIENT. Getting your protein macros from whole foods or protein powder is a food choice one makes, that's it. So honestly, this whole notion of let's replace X amount of protein powder intake with PF3 is nonsensical. You MAY be able to get away with getting in less protein without drop off if there are MPS enhancing effects to PF3 but that is COMPLETELY different from implying that x amount PF3 replaces x amount of protein macros.

Let's also discuss the following which you have posted:

i would stand to save some money if dumping protein for pf3 was, in terms of keeping my gains and reducing doms, equivalent (or better in the case with reducing doms)

This is completely nonsensical since you are implying that protein powders magically reduce DOMS and what not. Again, IT IS JUST POWDERED FOOD. You could very well just drink some milk and eat some chicken to get the protein. PF3 helping with recovery is doing it through completely different means. It's COMPLETELY different from getting in adequate protein to provide the body with a major substrate it needs to repair itself. I mean, for what you have posted to actually make any sense and for it to be valid, it would have to mean that people go out of their way to buy and use protein supplements specifically for the bio-active peptides. Pretty much NOBODY is buying protein supplements to get those micro fractions. People buy and use protein powders to hit their protein macro goals. Keyword here is macro.

You've seen me post enough on this topic at this point to understand that I have no quarrels with you, MAN, or the product (I even ran a tub of it for goodness sakes), but what you are posting here is both nonsensical, confusing, and misleading regardless of it being intentional or accidental.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
KD is correct, there are way too many variables here to derive any indisputable conclusions. Most supplements are very hard to evaluate because conditions during observation are impossible to control and repeat consistently. All one can hope to do is provide observations on how said supplement helps or impairs them. All I can say is PF3 is providing "me" with noticeable positive "help" at this time (not affiliated with any company by the way).

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
KD is correct, there are way too many variables here to derive any indisputable conclusions. Most supplements are very hard to evaluate because conditions during observation are impossible to control and repeat consistently. All one can hope to do is provide observations on how said supplement helps or impairs them. All I can say is PF3 is providing "me" with noticeable positive "help" at this time (not affiliated with any company by the way).
From personal experience, PF3 has provided comparable recovery aid similar to when I use Bio-Gro. The problem ultimately for me is that I needed 3 scoops of the stuff so a tub comes out to be about 16 days worth which is a day more than what I get out of a tub of Bio-Gro @ 4 scoops a day. So servings are similar but the price is a problem for me here. It's $48 with free leucine but I don't really need anymore leucine. Bio-Gro is only $28. You can see my issue with price here considering that I would need to run 2 tubs for a full month.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like pf3. It is a legit supplement.

Only problems I have are:

Price: for 65$ I can get 5lbs of hydro whey isolate, which has over 90 servings.

Mixability: too much foam, easily fixed though with the addition of fat (coco nut oil)
And the grape doesn't mix well.

Other than those two issues, this product is legit and is a fierce competitor to other proteins.

In my journey with pf3, it is the only change with my diet.

I like it.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Our loggers are being honest and their progress is speaking volumes.

To answer OP, a serving pre and post would work. Some swear by an intra dose; some dose before bed. 2-3 a day should be just fine from what we're seeing!

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established

To answer OP, a serving pre and post would work. Some swear by an intra dose; some dose before bed. 2-3 a day should be just fine from what we're seeing!

Come on lol loggers are almost never honest, if they talk bad they know they wont get anymore free product.

Like all those old logs on CEE in various forum archives? Where it was working better than creatine mono? Get real dude

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I regret buying it. Luckily I got the intro 1%r deal.

It is not a replacement for whey. Whey should be taken with it for max benefit, at least that's the gist I got when I asked about this.
(So its an unnecessary add on)
What is the amount of gains over a lifetime of use? 5 lbs?

The good:
Foaming is not a valid complaint, mixes easily by stirring.

Tastes f'ing amazing.

My stomach pains and gas aren't as bad as when I started using? Is this good?

People saying they dropped whey for it and getting results. Where is a control who gets no whey and no pf3 and gets same gains?

My opinion is that it is hype and snake oil. I will continue with the tub and keep an open mind though.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I regret buying it. Luckily I got the intro 1%r deal.

It is not a replacement for whey. Whey should be taken with it for max benefit, at least that's the gist I got when I asked about this.
(So its an unnecessary add on)
What is the amount of gains over a lifetime of use? 5 lbs?

The good:
Foaming is not a valid complaint, mixes easily by stirring.

Tastes f'ing amazing.

My stomach pains and gas aren't as bad as when I started using? Is this good?

People saying they dropped whey for it and getting results. Where is a control who gets no whey and no pf3 and gets same gains?

My opinion is that it is hype and snake oil. I will continue with the tub and keep an open mind though.
This is actually an effect I'd expect from it. It increases gut immune function and reduces inflammation, making it a great tool for IBS. If you replace your protein intake with just PF3, you will die of malnutrition. All of the EAAs have always been needed for the sustenance of human life and muscle growth

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
This is actually an effect I'd expect from it. It increases gut immune function and reduces inflammation, making it a great tool for IBS. If you replace your protein intake with just PF3, you will die of malnutrition. All of the EAAs have always been needed for the sustenance of human life and muscle growth
Well nobody is talking about having IBS or using this to treat it. Wouldn't glutamine do the same thing anyway? At like 40$ cheaper? And replace all protein intake with pf3? You're coming from way out of left field with this response. I went and looked at the website to see the claims for this and they really claim a lot. But I don't see how a lot of the claims can be measured? It may reduce DOMS slightly but then again I have terrible chest doms today and there is no way to tell how lessened they are. I don't know, this product just seems too expensive, and too new, with too many claims and not enough results yet. Like I said I'm still going to keep an open mind about it until yummy tub is empty.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Come on lol loggers are almost never honest, if they talk bad they know they wont get anymore free product.

Like all those old logs on CEE in various forum archives? Where it was working better than creatine mono? Get real dude
Not true, I talk bad about companies all the time. Doesn't seem to effect me trying new products.
This isn't bb.com, so I can be honest, and not get banned

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the price comes down, I'll continue to buy it for maintenance.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think anyone is going to stop all sources if protein and just use PF3. Some have said that they stopped using whey, but still eat whole food sources of protein.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Total nonsense. Sure, some loggers may say stuff to make the company look good. I am all about being honest, and I don't think that MOST loggers are liars. Is that the way that you log products? By being dishonest?

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Most of the loggers that were chosen are reputable members of this community, an I have read previous logs from most of them. I am confident that they are being honest. Hell, some of them honestly don't think it is effective at all, and a couple have had some GI disturbances.

I agree that the loggers are providing honest feedback. And I don't understand why so many people feel the need to attack MAN sports. You don't see this kind of bashing with other supps that are new to the market, at least not as bad. What's with the MAN bashing. If you don't like it then don't buy it. Just my opinion. I haven't tried PF3 yet...

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We've had a couple loggers who didn't like PF3 and didn't finish their log. We were fine with that. Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive though.

People are getting their RDA of protein from whole foods, and as stated above, are foregoing a scoop of protein to hit their RDAs.

I really don't know why MAN is getting this backlash; perhaps protein is a major product that many companies are selling (or soon to be) and when a product like PF3 comes along there's going to be some jealousy.

Rocky drank whole eggs. Arnold advocated lecithin tablets. Then it was protein powder. Now it's PF3. Some people are just resistant to change, but these examples show change is good.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out my log on cyanostane and you will see honesty: )

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have NAILED IT with this comment. That's why it frustrates me to no end every time someone is implying that this can replace their protein supplements. You can't replace food with a micro nutrient. It's not rocket science. It frustrates me equally as bad when I see people implying that whey protein/protein supplements are anything other than mainly a powdered food source. Then when I see people throw around the notion that PF3 can save them money because they can cut out using protein supplements, that's friggin ridiculous because you're obviously going to then get your protein from whole foods. So essentially, all that one is doing at that point is replacing one food source with another but it's a far cry from replacing a food source with PF3.

So the ad-copy itself is very misleading as it leaves the whole "PF3 vs protein supplements on bio-active content comparison" disclaimer hidden away in the giant wall of marketing mumbo jumbo. Technically the ad-copy is not lying but the problem is that it's very obviously trying to give one the idea that PF3 replaces whey/protein supplements which in turn would imply that PF3 replaces protein macros which the stuff very obviously does not in any way, shape, or form (but for the typical lay person reading the marketing gibberish, the sad sod would end up thinking that's what they will be able to do). If they just went with the honest Abe route of clearly explaining that PF3 is something extra you add into your current nutrition and supplement stack to enhance protein synthesis, I would be totally fine with it and the product does have it's place in that regard. I honestly think that the product wouldn't end up being under so much scrutiny as well if the marketing didn't go so overboard.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
i keep seeing pf3 referred to as a micro-nutrient here. this is not a micro nutrient. IGg, for example, is a bioactive protein. proteins are not micronutrients. NOBODY anywhere has discussed abandoning all protein intake for pf3. thats absurd. there are people who stopped taking protein powder for pf3 that did not raise their food levels to mimic protein levels to that of when they were on the protein powder; while i intend to continue observing how its going for them, i know they will not become malnourished because they arent taking whey powder in addition to the protein they will always have in their wholefood diet. when i hear people experimentally getting off powder totally for the pf3, its not something ive done or have resolved to do, but im very interested in what they are doing as i wonder how much of the protein powder i eat goes to building muscle and how much of it goes on to be converted to carbs and fat. as im always trying to bulk, i have a hard time justifying cutting something out that i know is beneficial, but i suspect some of the protein powder im taking may only be going to fat reserves so i will continue to observe those who are dropping powder.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
i keep seeing pf3 referred to as a micro-nutrient here. this is not a micro nutrient. IGg, for example, is a bioactive protein. proteins are not micronutrients. NOBODY anywhere has discussed abandoning all protein intake for pf3. thats absurd. there are people who stopped taking protein powder for pf3 that did not raise their food levels to mimic protein levels to that of when they were on the protein powder; while i intend to continue observing how its going for them, i know they will not become malnourished because they arent taking whey powder in addition to the protein they will always have in their wholefood diet. when i hear people experimentally getting off powder totally for the pf3, its not something ive done or have resolved to do, but im very interested in what they are doing as i wonder how much of the protein powder i eat goes to building muscle and how much of it goes on to be converted to carbs and fat. as im always trying to bulk, i have a hard time justifying cutting something out that i know is beneficial, but i suspect some of the protein powder im taking may only be going to fat reserves so i will continue to observe those who are dropping powder.
These apprehensions you have about "big bad protein powder" fly in the face of decades of research on supplemental protein. I have agreed not to comment further on PF3, but I will comment on this stance that conventional protein powder is laced with inadequacies. No it isn't. I'd post a citation to prove my point, but the list is so exhaustive that you'd be looking at 1000+ citations.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it's not a micro-nutrient then what is it? Macro nutrients are what is needed to to provide humans with the bulk of their required energy in order to continue life. Micro nutrients are what is used by humans in VERY SMALL QUANTITIES to perform physiological functions. PF3 IS a micro-nutrient. Plain and simple. For it to be used as a macro nutrient, that measly <10 grams a day of the stuff is NOWHERE near what would be needed. Not to mention that the AA profile is completely different from what we typically need from protein macros.

Do you seriously not have any idea of the difference between a MACRO nutrient and a MICRO nutrient? Seriously? Also, why do you consistently flip flop? Earlier you were IMPLYING that PF3 could help you save money on whey but cutting the whey out of your diet which in effect, IMPLIES that PF3 replaces PROTEIN MACROS. That is the direct distillation of what YOU have posted. Now you are flipping it around and stating that nobody is suggesting that PF3 replaces protein intake. WHEY PROTEIN IS NOTHING MORE THAN A PROTEIN MACROS SOURCE. Whey protein powder is not taken in ADDITION to whole food diets, THAT is absurd. Whey protein is just powdered food, why do you insist on implying that it's something other than powdered food? It's far less of a supplement and much more akin (and actually, IT IS) convenience food.

Your observation of people dropping protein powder makes ZERO sense as that nets you ZERO insight into what PF3 itself adds to the table. Again, PROTEIN POWDER IS JUST A CONVENIENT PROTEIN MACRO SOURCE. IT IS JUST POWDERED FOOD. You want to observe the way you are implying PF3 to work? Get some people to replace protein macros with PF3. THAT is the ONLY valid and reasonable/logical way you will be able to asses the effects or lack thereof.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If it's not a micro-nutrient then what is it? Macro nutrients are what is needed to to provide humans with the bulk of their required energy in order to continue life. Micro nutrients are what is used by humans in VERY SMALL QUANTITIES to perform physiological functions. PF3 IS a micro-nutrient. Plain and simple. For it to be used as a macro nutrient, that measly <10 grams a day of the stuff is NOWHERE near what would be needed. Not to mention that the AA profile is completely different from what we typically need from protein macros.

Do you seriously not have any idea of the difference between a MACRO nutrient and a MICRO nutrient? Seriously? Also, why do you consistently flip flop? Earlier you were IMPLYING that PF3 could help you save money on whey but cutting the whey out of your diet which in effect, IMPLIES that PF3 replaces PROTEIN MACROS. That is the direct distillation of what YOU have posted. Now you are flipping it around and stating that nobody is suggesting that PF3 replaces protein intake. WHEY PROTEIN IS NOTHING MORE THAN A PROTEIN MACROS SOURCE. Whey protein powder is not taken in ADDITION to whole food diets, THAT is absurd. Whey protein is just powdered food, why do you insist on implying that it's something other than powdered food? It's far less of a supplement and much more akin (and actually, IT IS) convenience food.

Your observation of people dropping protein powder makes ZERO sense as that nets you ZERO insight into what PF3 itself adds to the table. Again, PROTEIN POWDER IS JUST A CONVENIENT PROTEIN MACRO SOURCE. IT IS JUST POWDERED FOOD. You want to observe the way you are implying PF3 to work? Get some people to replace protein macros with PF3. THAT is the ONLY valid and reasonable/logical way you will be able to asses the effects or lack thereof.
No, actually you have no idea what a micro-nutrient is. Macro nutrients are carbs, lipids and protein. Micro-nutrients are vitamins and minerals. PF3 is not a vitamin or a mineral. PF3 is a protein, which means it is a macro.

My jaw literally dropped at your explanation of the difference between macro and micro-nutrients.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, actually you have no idea what a micro-nutrient is. Macro nutrients are carbs, lipids and protein. Micro-nutrients are vitamins and minerals. PF3 is not a vitamin or a mineral. PF3 is a protein, which means it is a macro.

My jaw literally dropped at your explanation of the difference between macro and micro-nutrients.
Not for how PF3 is intended to be used. The key to PF3 are the bio-active peptides. Bio-active peptides the last time I checked are NOT categorized as macro nutrients. My jaws actually dropped from reading what you've just posted which implies that antibodies such as IgG and IgF are considered macro nutrients. VERY shocking.

Look at your marketing, the product is NOT being highlighted as a macro nutrient supplement, I mean, HOW can it be when it is only 2.5 grams of protein per scoop? The things being highlighted are the antibodies and the other micro-fractions. It's NOT being highlighted for peptide bonded proteins which are commonly referred to when talking about protein macros.

You simply CAN'T have it both ways. IF you are going to treat PF3 as a source for macros then the dosing is simply NOT going to work, one would be hugely malnutritioned. The product is CLEARLY (or NOT so clearly going by the ad-copy, which honestly deserves it's own discussion) advertised for the bio-actives which are going to fall into the micro nutrients camp.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not for how PF3 is intended to be used. The key to PF3 are the bio-active peptides. Bio-active peptides the last time I checked are NOT categorized as macro nutrients. My jaws actually dropped from reading what you've just posted which implies that antibodies such as IgG and IgF are considered macro nutrients. VERY shocking.

Look at your marketing, the product is NOT being highlighted as a macro nutrient supplement, I mean, HOW can it be when it is only 2.5 grams of protein per scoop? The things being highlighted are the antibodies and the other micro-fractions. It's NOT being highlighted for peptide bonded proteins which are commonly referred to when talking about protein macros.

You simply CAN'T have it both ways. IF you are going to treat PF3 as a source for macros then the dosing is simply NOT going to work, one would be hugely malnutritioned. The product is CLEARLY (or NOT so clearly going by the ad-copy) advertised for the bio-actives which are going to fall into the micro nutrients camp.
You are an extremely butt-hurt individual for some reason. Did you miss the part about micro-nutrients only being vitamins or minerals? Regardless of the serving size it is a macro nutrient. Does only taking 2.5mg of L-leucine make it a micronutrient? No, it's still a macronutrient. If you look at iForce's Compete it is the same thing; 2500mg of WPI listed as 2.5g of protein. The product is marketed as a Pharma grade protein with emphasis given to the bio-actives.

We're taking about a supplement here. Why would taking PF3 make some malnourished if they are supplementing their diet with it? That statement doesn't even make sense. I take PF3 daily and can assure you I am doing just fine.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm still alive and I've been taking PF3.

I wonder why more attention isn't paid to companies who dismiss amino acid content in protein formulations as filler then go ahead and sell you those exact amino acids as a standalone supplement. Why exactly are we being targeted (by a small cadre over and over again)? We're up front with what PF3 is but lately it's like we're banging our heads against a wall.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still alive and I've been taking PF3.

I wonder why more attention isn't paid to companies who dismiss amino acid content in protein formulations as filler then go ahead and sell you those exact amino acids as a standalone supplement. Why exactly are we being targeted (by a small cadre over and over again)? We're up front with what PF3 is but lately it's like we're banging our heads against a wall.
People are scared of what is new and unknown to them. Also this cadre you speak of will only support a product either of their own (if they are so affiliated) or if it has 900000000 research tests done on it. Very short sighted individuals who are unwilling to self experiment to come to their own conclusions.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
People are scared of what is new and unknown to them. Also this cadre you speak of will only support a product either of their own (if they are so affiliated) or if it has 900000000 research tests done on it. Very short sighted individuals who are unwilling to self experiment to come to their own conclusions.
Couldn't have put it better myself

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Do you seriously not have any idea of the difference between a MACRO nutrient and a MICRO nutrient? Seriously?
call it what you want, but im not going to place bioactive protein in the same category as vitamins and minerals.
Also, why do you consistently flip flop? Earlier you were IMPLYING that PF3 could help you save money on whey but cutting the whey out of your diet which in effect, IMPLIES that PF3 replaces PROTEIN MACROS. That is the direct distillation of what YOU have posted
i havent flip-floped at all. my previous statement (in another thread that you are bringing up) referred to the pf3 ad which was being challenged for claims that i never saw it make. after seeing reviews where people are actually experimenting making the switch and reporting positive effects, im observing it and speculating into why that may be the case.
Your observation of people dropping protein powder makes ZERO sense as that nets you ZERO insight into what PF3 itself adds to the table.
bro, its an observation of what people are actually doing, not an arguement, and i happen to be curious about it since these people are leaders in so experimenting. again, the people im referring to are not replacing the protein powder they dropped with food. i take protein powder for two reasons only: to make gains and to combat doms, and yes protein powder has an anti doms effect for me to a certain extent. again, as those are the only two reasons im interested in taking protein and people who have dropped protein powder without making up for it in food while taking pf3 have reported those areas are good, ive become interested in potentially trying that.
Again, PROTEIN POWDER IS JUST A CONVENIENT PROTEIN MACRO SOURCE. IT IS JUST POWDERED FOOD. You want to observe the way you are implying PF3 to work? Get some people to replace protein macros with PF3. THAT is the ONLY valid and reasonable/logical way you will be able to asses the effects or lack thereof.
[/QUOTE]what do you mean implying? i posted a review by stak3d where people did exactly what you are talking about. what people are doing warrents my curiousity, and i dont understand why that would inflame anybody

neddo

neddo

Awards
I'm new here and what is this?

No really, wtf is going on.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
These apprehensions you have about "big bad protein powder" fly in the face of decades of research on supplemental protein. I have agreed not to comment further on PF3, but I will comment on this stance that conventional protein powder is laced with inadequacies. No it isn't. I'd post a citation to prove my point, but the list is so exhaustive that you'd be looking at 1000+ citations.
im not sure where you get big bad protein powder from my statements; i use it and love it, but as someone who lifts weights i went ten years before touching the stuff. once i started taking it, i made gains but i got alittle fat in my midsection so im not going to pretend the stuff is devine. again, people getting off of it are leaning out as well.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established