Colostrum

  1. Colostrum


    I'm not a big poster here but I just thought I'd share my experience with Colostrum in case anyone is interested. I've been on blood thinners as a result of 2 blood clots in the past year and a half so I can't use any type of prohormone for the time being. Hence, I've been trying to find something "natural" that can produce noticeable results.

    So far I'm 3 weeks in and up 6 pounds with no increase in bodyfat. I'm hitting new PR's every workout and my shoulder/tricep pain that I've been experiencing for the past couple years is all but gone. I had zero expectations before ordering this product and was legitimately pissed at myself for hitting the "submit order" button online. It's $150 for a 2 week supply using the suggested 60 grams a day so I figured this was money down the drain.

    I'm still not sure if the Colostrum is actually producing an anabolic effect as a result of the growth factors it contains or if it's simply getting rid of joint pain, enabling me to hit PR's thus stimulating new muscle growth. I'm going to give it a few more weeks to see what happens. Definitely an interesting experience so far.


  2. I fear you have been taken for a ride, 2 weeks for 150 dolla?? .............................. .........................
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  3. That's some high dolla stuff right there. .....
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
    •   
       


  4. just get your wife pregnant, have her breastfeed and then you will have at least a free yrs worth

  5. Yeah the price is nuts. This was the cheapest I could come up with for 2.2 pounds of the 6 hour powder. I think this is why it never caught on as bodybuilding supplement. With the suggested 60 grams a day dose for strength increase you might as well just run a cycle. Unfortunately I have to be "androgen free" for now.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by fame126 View Post
    just get your wife pregnant, have her breastfeed and then you will have at least a free yrs worth
    lol I'm gonna have to start hittin up some childbirth classes with my shaker bottle pretty soon.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by alex2678 View Post

    lol I'm gonna have to start hittin up some childbirth classes with my shaker bottle pretty soon.
    Booyah!!! Post of the year goes to you. Ill join ya in the hunt

  8. Quote Originally Posted by alex2678 View Post
    Yeah the price is nuts. This was the cheapest I could come up with for 2.2 pounds of the 6 hour powder. I think this is why it never caught on as bodybuilding supplement. With the suggested 60 grams a day dose for strength increase you might as well just run a cycle. Unfortunately I have to be "androgen free" for now.
    The problem is other studies don't replicate the ones showing benefit. It's an interesting thought process but the real science isn't there....unless you cherry pick out the few positives.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

  9. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Booyah!!! Post of the year goes to you. Ill join ya in the hunt
    lol I'm sure the ladies wouldn't mind givin up a few pre workout squirts every now and again.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    The problem is other studies don't replicate the ones showing benefit. It's an interesting thought process but the real science isn't there....unless you cherry pick out the few positives.
    You're right. They're all inconsistent at best. I've seen Colostrum around for years and never really gave it much thought. My idea was that the stomach acids would simply destroy any type of growth factor it contains thus negating any type of potential benefit. The effects on my joints have been amazing though. This is the first time I've been able to do skullcrushers without any pain at all in my elbow. I'm thinking that might have a lot to do with it's benefit at increasing lean muscle. There was one post I found of a competitive bodybuilder who used it with good success. That's what prompted me to at least give it a try. forum dot bodybuilding dot com/showthread.php?t=923&page=1 (Can't cut and paste a link until I have 20 posts.) Post number 21.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by alex2678 View Post
    You're right. They're all inconsistent at best. I've seen Colostrum around for years and never really gave it much thought. My idea was that the stomach acids would simply destroy any type of growth factor it contains thus negating any type of potential benefit. The effects on my joints have been amazing though. This is the first time I've been able to do skullcrushers without any pain at all in my elbow. I'm thinking that might have a lot to do with it's benefit at increasing lean muscle. There was one post I found of a competitive bodybuilder who used it with good success. That's what prompted me to at least give it a try. forum dot bodybuilding dot com/showthread.php?t=923&page=1 (Can't cut and paste a link until I have 20 posts.) Post number 21.
    Nutrabolics made some bad ass products back in the day. One had colostrum

  12. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

    Booyah!!! Post of the year goes to you. Ill join ya in the hunt
    x2 thats funny right there!!!!

  13. Colostrum could help with recovery and immune support but it's really not going to give you any real pronounced anabolic effects. I think you've been scammed OP.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bulk Colostrum powder?
    By Dr Liftalot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 07:40 PM
  2. Oral bioavailability of IGF-I (as in colostrum)
    By blind12 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 10:28 PM
  3. colostrum
    By fame126 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 05:32 PM
  4. Any good places for colostrum ?
    By Vinny in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 11:05 AM
  5. Bovine Colostrum
    By Biggs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2003, 01:24 AM
Log in
Log in