The Anabolic Minds Supplement Roundtable - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 7

The Anabolic Minds Supplement Roundtable

Page 7 of 9 First ... 256789 Last
  1. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I'd have to disagree. My knee wraps allow me to squat more. I think he is referring to it being wrongly included in sports supplements as being a direct anabolic. Due to the fact it shows properties of this in bones and has bone fracture studies to back it, some sports companies took that to be anabolic in bones = anabolic in muscle.
    Well of course other factors come into play here but for many people if Cissus wasn't an option, they would be hurting.

Agreed with the second part though.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

2. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

A must have for joints
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    By allowing you to lift heavier, you could say it has anabolic qualities.
    Not really equatable to having a direct anabolic action though.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
    •   

4. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    True.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  5. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I'd have to disagree. My knee wraps allow me to squat more.

I think he is referring to it being wrongly included in sports supplements as being a direct anabolic. Due to the fact it shows properties of this in bones and has bone fracture studies to back it, some sports companies took that to be anabolic in bones = anabolic in muscle.
    Yes, these are the assertions I've read.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Want to dissect this one?

Oddly enough I've never tried Cissus despite frequent joint pain. I think it's time.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17274828/

RESULTS: CQR-300 as well as CORE exhibited antioxidant properties in vitro. They also acted as in vivo antioxidants, bringing about significant (p < 0.001) reductions in plasma TBARS and carbonyls. Both CQR-300 and CORE also brought about significant reductions in weight, body fat, total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, and fasting blood glucose levels over the respective study periods. These changes were accompanied by a significant increase in HDL-cholesterol levels, plasma 5-HT, and creatinine.

CONCLUSION: CQR-300 (300 mg daily) and CORE (1028 mg daily) brought about significant reductions in weight and blood glucose levels, while decreasing serum lipids thus improving cardiovascular risk factors. The increase in plasma 5-HT and creatinine for both groups hypothesizes a mechanism of controlling appetite and promoting the increase of lean muscle mass by Cissus quadrangularis, thereby supporting the clinical data for weight loss and improving cardiovascular health.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  7. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

There is a great review on the functions of cissus published out of Creighton University. Worth a read for those that use it.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Want to dissect this one?

Oddly enough I've never tried Cissus despite frequent joint pain. I think it's time.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17274828/

You'll notice their conclusion and abstract mention promoting increase of muscle mass but nowhere in actual content of the study do they measure or mention anything to do with lean mass

For joints, definitely, for lean mass/anabolism? I remain skeptical.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You'll notice their conclusion and abstract mention promoting increase of muscle mass but nowhere in actual content of the study do they measure or mention anything to do with lean mass

The mirror isn't an accurate enough measure?

Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Will catch up but subbed before I forget where this thread is.
  11. Diamond Member

Do the calculations with BF% changes and arrive at the LBM change. The authors are blatantly lying, it's somewhat comical.

Cissus may work for weight reduction secondary to an increase in plasma 5HT and thus less food consumed. This explains its "synergy" with african mango, which works via a similar mechanism, this time manipulating leptin.

Cissus has outstanding anti-inflammatory and osteogenic data though, which is the main reason it should be used.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

How long should I wait after working out to take my Cissus?. Does it matter if it is empty stomach or not?.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    How long should I wait after working out to take my Cissus?. Does it matter if it is empty stomach or not?.
    On an empty stomach it has been known to cause nausea or stomachal discomfort. I recommend it with meals due to having had said side effects myself, and i would recommend to keep it away 4 hours from any peri workout time frame, and some time away from bed time. For some reason some of my friends do get a little bit of falling asleep issues, though this might be placebo, when taken late at night.

The idea for keeping it away form the workout is due to the inflammatory response from resistance weight training, which can be hindered a little bit thanks to Cissus. Though I consider ir it a must have for cartilage and joint health.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by good2Badawg View Post
    How about plain old ALA..can we get say some discussion going on. Thought it was beneficial although least effective of Ala's, but have read mostly conflicting info on it
    ALA at 9gr/day....sit back and be amazed!

Wicked heartburn sometimes, way worth it though.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

finally, a reply that was beneficial to my needs lol. thanks!
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Insulin-like properties? Antioxidant properties?
  17. Enhanced Body Formulations

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

Do the calculations with BF% changes and arrive at the LBM change. The authors are blatantly lying, it's somewhat comical.

Cissus may work for weight reduction secondary to an increase in plasma 5HT and thus less food consumed. This explains its "synergy" with african mango, which works via a similar mechanism, this time manipulating leptin.

Cissus has outstanding anti-inflammatory and osteogenic data though, which is the main reason it should be used.
    Synergy w berberine to on the 5ht
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  18. Diamond Member

How do you figure?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  19. mw1
    Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Damn - I've never had heartburn from ALA even though I'm generally VERY prone to heartburn/acid reflux

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  20. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post

Insulin-like properties? Antioxidant properties?
    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post

Damn - I've never had heartburn from ALA even though I'm generally VERY prone to heartburn/acid reflux
    I had the heartburn at around 600mg and above. I was curious though, this is aimed towards the people with extensive knowledge... I been reading Ala Is useless and I should get the R isomer or N.

So my question is plain Ala worthless or?
  21. Diamond Member

Benefit or not recommended....

Taking fish oil with xgels?
  22. Senior Member

For those prone to heartburn, you may want to read up on d-limonene.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Alasel View Post
    I had the heartburn at around 600mg and above. I was curious though, this is aimed towards the people with extensive knowledge... I been reading Ala Is useless and I should get the R isomer or N. So my question is plain Ala worthless or?
    @EBFinc can elaborate better than I can but that's not entirely true. It's all from the same source, just bonded to make more stable (more bang per mg) but it comes at a price.

I tried my pre with 200mg R-ALA and it seemed to work just as well as the 900mg of regular ALA

But regular ALA is dirt cheap, like 1 kilo for $90, that's about a 3 months dosing at 9-10gr/day.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Whats a good dose for potassium nitrate? I found some bulk powder for cheap and I'm thinking of trying it out.
  25. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWinging View Post
    Whats a good dose for potassium nitrate? I found some bulk powder for cheap and I'm thinking of trying it out.
    For me, I try to be conservative - I keep my doses between 750mg and 1 gr.
  26. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

Bump
  27. mw1
    Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

Not dosed at the same time- space them out 4-6 hrs

Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  28. mw1
    Sponsor

You want to shoot for about 300-350mg of actual nitrates which for Pot nitrate would be roughly 700mgs. I personally use 4 caps of Iforce po5asium nitrate and one scoop of Powershock

29. mw1
    Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    For those prone to heartburn, you may want to read up on d-limonene.

ive used that as part of a topical formula and it didnt turn out well either

30. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

For me, I try to be conservative - I keep my doses between 750mg and 1 gr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    You want to shoot for about 300-350mg of actual nitrates which for Pot nitrate would be roughly 700mgs. I personally use 4 caps of Iforce po5asium nitrate and one scoop of Powershock
    Alright, so around 700mg is a good dose. How does it compare to 8 grams of citrulline malate?
  31. Senior Member

Alright, so around 700mg is a good dose. How does it compare to 8 grams of citrulline malate?
    Here is what I am currently taking, in case it helps:

Ingredient Grams
    Citrulline 6.67
    Agmatine 1.0
    Potassium Nitrate 0.866666667
    NAC 0.5
    Ascorbic Acid 0.5

YMMV
  32. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Any benefit to taking more than 1 gram of agmatine a day?. I've read some posts of people taking up to 4 grams a day. Is there any benefit or is it just a waste after a certain amount?
    S.N.S. Rep

33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Any benefit to taking more than 1 gram of agmatine a day?. I've read some posts of people taking up to 4 grams a day. Is there any benefit or is it just a waste after a certain amount?
    My sweet spot for Agmatine has always been 1.5g when just using bulk powder, i seem to get increased pumps up to 1500mg then nothing more after that. For some reason i seem to get headaches with anything above 2 grams.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Fitmax: Fat Burning Energizing Pre Workout!
    Alphamax: Advanced Myotropic Complex...Alpha Begins Here
  34. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    My sweet spot for Agmatine has always been 1.5g when just using bulk powder, i seem to get increased pumps up to 1500mg then nothing more after that. For some reason i seem to get headaches with anything above 2 grams.

I don't run it for the pumps. I rarely get any pumps from any product anyway. What I like about agmatine is that it helps put me in a better mood and helps me relax. Not really something that helps much pre-workout. I'm still wondering if going above 1 gram a day has any increased benefits. I'm talking about total dosage, and not just at one time. Spread out throughout the day. Say 1 gram post workout, one gram 5-6 hours later, and one gram before bed.
    S.N.S. Rep

35. Diamond Member

Here's an interesting question in regards to powdered mixed supplements. How can you be sure you are getting the amounts listed on the bottle with each scoop. Say a product says it has 250 mg of L-dopa, and various milligram amounts of say 7 other supplement powders. Even if you shake up the bottle, how can you be sure you are getting the specific amount per serving or scoop. I know nothing of the manufacture of supplements and this confuses me. Someone care to explain how this works?.
    S.N.S. Rep

36. Senior Member

Here's an interesting question in regards to powdered mixed supplements. How can you be sure you are getting the amounts listed on the bottle with each scoop. Say a product says it has 250 mg of L-dopa, and various milligram amounts of say 7 other supplement powders. Even if you shake up the bottle, how can you be sure you are getting the specific amount per serving or scoop. I know nothing of the manufacture of supplements and this confuses me. Someone care to explain how this works?.
    I'm no rocket scientist - but I weight everything on a scale - and shake the crap out of it (sorry for the technical jargon) prior to each use.
  37. Diamond Member

I'm no rocket scientist - but I weight everything on a scale - and shake the crap out of it (sorry for the technical jargon) prior to each use.
    That still wouldn't guarantee even distribution, no matter how much you shake it.
    S.N.S. Rep

38. Senior Member

That still wouldn't guarantee even distribution, no matter how much you shake it.
    I realize that; its sort of the best I can do - for convenience.

If I were taking something that had a very specific dosage requirement, I'd keep it in bulk, and measure dosage every day. I do that with Potassium Nitrate.
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Its called Homogenization. Depending on the materials used, there density, weight etc, the powders are mixed or milled for a certain period of time until they are 100% evenly distributed or homogenized, this should be verified by post production third party testing. As supplements sit, they settle so shaking them up will help to eliminate settling and help maintain homogenization.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Fitmax: Fat Burning Energizing Pre Workout!
    Alphamax: Advanced Myotropic Complex...Alpha Begins Here
  40. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    Its called Homogenization. Depending on the materials used, there density, weight etc, the powders are mixed or milled for a certain period of time until they are 100% evenly distributed or homogenized, this should be verified by post production third party testing. As supplements sit, they settle so shaking them up will help to eliminate settling and help maintain homogenization.
    Interesting. Thanks for this, never knew how this worked.
    S.N.S. Rep

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Anabolic Diet Supplement List
    By bla55 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 02:31 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:48 AM
  3. Anabolic Minds while on the job?
    By DecaDone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 03:54 AM
  4. I got free supplements for posting at Anabolic Minds!
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 09:05 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 11:42 PM