The Anabolic Minds Supplement Roundtable

Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    New product?
    Lots of stuff I want to do. All depends on capital.


  2. im wondering why the dendrobium made my eyesight better? I havnt used contacts ever since the first tub of craze was sent out to me. ETH doent do that right?
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  3. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    im wondering why the dendrobium made my eyesight better? I havnt used contacts ever since the first tub of craze was sent out to me. ETH doent do that right?
    I highly doubt that study was conducted man.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
    •   
       

  4. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

    I highly doubt that study was conducted man.
    Dendrobium is the new apple cidar vinegar; it does it all

  5. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post

    Dendrobium is the new apple cidar vinegar; it does it all
    It's a whore then, a dirty one. Not a clean whore.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  6. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I highly doubt that study was conducted man.
    well im pretty sure any placebo effect would have worn off 3 yrs later?? im not ****ting. didn't even go to the eye dr this yr for a check up. I can read stuff at a distance that I couldn't before. also I have pigment displacement syndrome, its a precursor to glaucoma, makes my eyes very light sensitive.. I can handle more light now too. weird I know but I have got to believe there is something to it.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post

    well im pretty sure any placebo effect would have worn off 3 yrs later?? im not ****ting. didn't even go to the eye dr this yr for a check up. I can read stuff at a distance that I couldn't before. also I have pigment displacement syndrome, its a precursor to glaucoma, makes my eyes very light sensitive.. I can handle more light now too. weird I know but I have got to believe there is something to it.
    Very interesting to say the least. Maybe one of our pre-doctors could elaborate.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  8. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Very interesting to say the least. Maybe one of our pre-doctors could elaborate.
    Nothing I'm aware of that would have Dendro be helpful. Interesting.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  9. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post

    well im pretty sure any placebo effect would have worn off 3 yrs later?? im not ****ting. didn't even go to the eye dr this yr for a check up. I can read stuff at a distance that I couldn't before. also I have pigment displacement syndrome, its a precursor to glaucoma, makes my eyes very light sensitive.. I can handle more light now too. weird I know but I have got to believe there is something to it.
    But was this a controlled experiment?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Lots of stuff I want to do. All depends on capital.
    Awesome. I'll be anxiously waiting for some new formulations
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    And in response to your question my personal preference if or when I used to use protein I opted for blends. To be honest people usually sweat the small **** for minor differences instead of eating more and working out.

    Data, so on and so forth, obsessing over the most minute details when lifting as a hobbyist is absurd. You know when my best gains came? My most strength? When I dropped the protein, stfu killed it in the gym and ate adequately. Protein supplements IMO are unnecessary, data shmata.

    In 4 - but the data says...

    Results are what I'm after period. I've never noticed a difference from using pro supps and not so, even if there is a statistical difference its insignificant to my body. My advice don't waste the cash. You guys analyze data I'll be EATING, yacking at every workout and taking my bulk products progressing every workout.

    Roundtable this ish up!
    Protein powders are not really "supplements" it's just a food replacement

    Protein is protein, of course it's better to get it from actual foods but shakes are convenient to add in some extra protein in your diet in the day.

    Protein powders are still sourced from food (dairy, cheese etc) but yeah it does get a bit much when all the other junk is added. A basic protein powder can be handy for anyone!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    im wondering why the dendrobium made my eyesight better? I havnt used contacts ever since the first tub of craze was sent out to me. ETH doent do that right?
    Most people actually report blurry vision with dendrobium. The plant appears to possess anti-muscarinic compounds which should worsen accomodation
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  13. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    well im pretty sure any placebo effect would have worn off 3 yrs later?? im not ****ting. didn't even go to the eye dr this yr for a check up. I can read stuff at a distance that I couldn't before. also I have pigment displacement syndrome, its a precursor to glaucoma, makes my eyes very light sensitive.. I can handle more light now too. weird I know but I have got to believe there is something to it.
    There's literally no way it permanently improved your vision. It was probably secondary to various other causes. My vision gets considerably worse during the school year from reading at 1-2 feet distance from a computer, then improves rather drastically over the summer.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  14. How about plain old ALA..can we get say some discussion going on. Thought it was beneficial although least effective of Ala's, but have read mostly conflicting info on it

  15. Quote Originally Posted by good2Badawg View Post
    How about plain old ALA..can we get say some discussion going on. Thought it was beneficial although least effective of Ala's, but have read mostly conflicting info on it
    Seems to be all antioxidants. I think what will matter is why you take it, dosage, and timing.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  16. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

    Seems to be all antioxidants. I think what will matter is why you take it, dosage, and timing.
    Initially to take with alcar. But interested not just in an anti-ox sense but also as a gda, or heck any other benefit it could produce
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by good2Badawg View Post
    Initially to take with alcar. But interested not just in an anti-ox sense but also as a gda, or heck any other benefit it could produce
    Na R ALA would be better suited for taking alongside ALCAR

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

    Na R ALA would be better suited for taking alongside ALCAR
    If one or both are capped right?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    If one or both are capped right?
    Correct. I think powder Na-r-ala and capped Alcar if I'm not mistaken
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

  20. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post

    Correct. I think powder Na-r-ala and capped Alcar if I'm not mistaken
    Aye sir!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

    Na R ALA would be better suited for taking alongside ALCAR
    I know its the better alternative but, I picked up the ALA for cheap from NP awhile back. Wondering best uses and if there are even any benefits.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Correct. I think powder Na-r-ala and capped Alcar if I'm not mistaken
    Why so?

    In for learning
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    Why so?

    In for learning
    They polymerize together if you mix them in water
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    They polymerize together if you mix them in water
    This. So by taking the Alcar in caps it takes about 20min to kick in.
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

  25. Quote Originally Posted by good2Badawg View Post
    I know its the better alternative but, I picked up the ALA for cheap from NP awhile back. Wondering best uses and if there are even any benefits.
    ALA still gives all the benefits NA-R-ALA does, you just may need to take more to get the same benefits.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    They polymerize together if you mix them in water
    Thanks for the info celly

    Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    This. So by taking the Alcar in caps it takes about 20min to kick in.
    Ah right, awesome. Learn something new everyday.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  27. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Correct. I think powder Na-r-ala and capped Alcar if I'm not mistaken
    Very affordable and feasible with NutraPlanet Na-R-ALA and SNS ALCAR.
    PES - Physique Enhancing Science
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    They polymerize together if you mix them in water
    Is there by chance a topic or list on here of other 'do-not-mix' supplements? This has me wondering now. Using several powders regularly including ALCAR
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude
  29. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Duplicate post
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude

  30. Also, both Na-R-ALA and ALCAR powder can be taken back-to-back.. no need to wait a specific time.
    PES - Physique Enhancing Science

  31. Quote Originally Posted by BlackWinging View Post

    ALA still gives all the benefits NA-R-ALA does, you just may need to take more to get the same benefits.
    Is there a standardized ratio of ALA to R-ALA? Bottom line, what are some protocols for dosing ALA for each of its potential benefits? Not its mighty big brother Na-R--ALA either lol

  32. And also, thanks for the discussion. I know its been talked about in various threads, but no real compilation of info on simply ALA

  33. Quote Originally Posted by good2Badawg View Post
    And also, thanks for the discussion. I know its been talked about in various threads, but no real compilation of info on simply ALA
    There are a few very long and detailed thread on ALCAR and what it should be combined with. As I recall, the information was great.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by BlackWinging View Post
    ALA still gives all the benefits NA-R-ALA does, you just may need to take more to get the same benefits.
    Not quite. The S-form (50/50 in ALA) considerably hampers absorption, Cmax, etc...something you will never see with R/NA-R-ALA
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post

    There are a few very long and detailed thread on ALCAR and what it should be combined with. As I recall, the information was great.
    Thanks, but im not just interested in coingesting it with alcar. And, most of that info pertained to one of the other forms of ala

  36. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Not quite. The S-form (50/50 in ALA) considerably hampers absorption, Cmax, etc...something you will never see with R/NA-R-ALA
    I know the S form was supposed to compete for absorption, but I didn't know that it may actually reduce the actions of the R form and carry detrimental effects to mitochondrial metabolism.

    Well, I still have a bottle of the racemic mix, but after I'll switch back. Thanks for the knowledge.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Very affordable and feasible with NutraPlanet Na-R-ALA and SNS ALCAR.
    Exactly what I get. Great combo. Talking about all this I need to re-stock now lol
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

  38. Always a fan of PA's work...thoughts on the new 1,3 alt for clear shot?

    Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post

    Clearshot contains two new energy producing ingredients to help
    boost mental and physical performance.

    The first of these naturally occurring ingredients, is called
    Echinospine. Echinospine is a constituent of globe thistle and has a history of use in Bulgaria and other countries as a safe stimulant/nootropic to treat fatigue and depression.

    The other naturally occurring ingredient is 2-amino-5-methylheptane.
    This product is found in natural plant species such as Acontium
    kusnezoffii as well as som algae species. It is an aliphatic amine
    with adrenaline like activity. It too has a history of use and
    safety in Europe.
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22

  39. Something I have always wanted to learn more about are glucose disposal agents.... Are they worth the consideration?
    My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html

  40. Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    Something I have always wanted to learn more about are glucose disposal agents.... Are they worth the consideration?

    I had great results with AP.
    Got it with the protein deal. Liked it enough to grab another.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Anabolic Diet Supplement List
    By bla55 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 03:31 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 08:48 AM
  3. Anabolic Minds while on the job?
    By DecaDone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 04:54 AM
  4. I got free supplements for posting at Anabolic Minds!
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 10:05 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Log in
Log in