The Anabolic Minds Supplement Roundtable

Page 3 of 9 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.55%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    But definitely agree you won't gain any actual muscle mass by supplementing with fadogia.
    Nor any nutraceutical test boosting
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post

Nor any nutraceutical test boosting
    It appears that way. Although the addition of forskolin in a few should help with body composition.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.05%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SoloX View Post
    That's an over-simplification (I'm from Examine.com).

We said it does not go well with it because it *can* compete. By no means did we imply that they will counteract each other permanently. If you take them at the same time, there can be competition, but we don't exactly know how much would be wasted.

At the same time - our site has an open discussion. If you think something is wrong, tell us.
    Thank you very much for dropping in.
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityPosting ProActivity Pro

We said it does not go well with it because it *can* compete. By no means did we imply that they will counteract each other permanently. If you take them at the same time, there can be competition, but we don't exactly know how much would be wasted.

At the same time - our site has an open discussion. If you think something is wrong, tell us.
    Welcome aboard, would be great to have your input on the forums!
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityPosting ProActivity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Many people LOVE Fadogia man! I know Coop is a big fan of Fadogia... Fadogia has been tabled let's get a ruling! I personally haven't used it
    About the only thing missing with Fadogia is published human data.

I'd like to see a better determination of what the active glycosides are and how they compare with anacyclus pyretheum as the two ingredients methods of action are theoretically similar.

But in theory and in anecdote Fadogia looks solid.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.05%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Welcome aboard, would be great to have your input on the forums!
    Agreed I frequent examine.com for TONS of information! I also direct people to your site often and definitely would not classify it as a "data mining" site.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.05%

I'd like to see a better determination of what the active glycosides are and how they compare with anacyclus pyretheum as the two ingredients methods of action are theoretically similar.

I think I have only read one negative review on fadogia and the reviewer was not stable IMO. Literally, unstable...

Other than that the anecdotal feedback like you said has been incredible.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.55%

poor coop bro is probably has thinking thrice or more before any posting for quotes out the woodwork to come haunting

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.35%

Agreed I frequent examine.com for TONS of information! I also direct people to your site often and definitely would not classify it as a "data mining" site.
    Agreed. Love the site layout and how easy it is to find info.
    PES - Physique Enhancing Science
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I wish pct assist had fadogia
  11. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Your advanced creatine discussion has just blown my advanced discussion mind!
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I'd contend that what is written in the "editor's note" about agmatine + creatine is a gross oversimplification. Agmatine taken with anything will reduce total NMDA signaling if given at the right dose. Comparing two studies done in a test tube is indeed quite irrelevant when you consider how NMDA signaling actually works in vivo (which involves changes a host of preceding events to make it even possible).

You can follow along here if you want to gather edits for your ingredients. You have a great site by the way, regardless of our disagreement here. Putting things in physiological context is the key.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  13. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Huh. Cool.

14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

I'd contend that what is written in the "editor's note" about agmatine + creatine is a gross oversimplification. Agmatine taken with anything will reduce total NMDA signaling if given at the right dose. Comparing two studies done in a test tube is indeed quite irrelevant when you consider how NMDA signaling actually works in vivo (which involves changes a host of preceding events to make it even possible).

You can follow along here if you want to gather edits for your ingredients. You have a great site by the way, regardless of our disagreement here. Putting things in physiological context is the key.
    Awsome!
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.05%

So just to get this straight the NMDA effects are due to creatine saturation and not acute dosing? I think that's where the misunderstanding was. I will look more into it but to be completely honest I've never paid attention to whether the cognitive benefits were seen in an acute setting or over a period of time (saturation), which is probably where I went wrong.

Almost off these pain killers and back to normal posting abilities lol
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.05%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Surely you mean our layman's term discussion just blew your advanced discussion mind.

Mind blown!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.42%
    Achievements Posting ProActivity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    If you were considering using it instead of NaHCO3 (preworkout), here is something to consider:http://suppversity.blogspot.com/sear...um+bicarbonate
    From a prior post of mine, "It's been studied a lot, and while studies show it working, they're pretty much all wrong on why. Na+ is what you really want to consider when referring to exercise, not HCO3 (increase in extracellular potassium ions and intracellular sodium ions)...Na+ makes the osmotic and ionic change less severe. It just so happens that sodium ions have their most maximal effect when administrated with bicarbonate ions."
    PES
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://facebook.com/pescience
  18. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%

So just to get this straight the NMDA effects are due to creatine saturation and not acute dosing? I think that's where the misunderstanding was. I will look more into it but to be completely honest I've never paid attention to whether the cognitive benefits were seen in an acute setting or over a period of time (saturation), which is probably where I went wrong.

Almost off these pain killers and back to normal posting abilities lol
    The studies either bathed neurons in vivo for a set period of time or directly injected the neurons/neuronal tissue with creatine. Due to creatine's rapid elimination kinetics, it's safe to say any cognitive benefit would be yielded from prolonged use.

Agmatine also has a CNS retention of at least 24 (more likely 50+) hours in primates so that would exclude creatine use at any point in the next 2-3 days...
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.05%

The studies either bathed neurons in vivo for a set period of time or directly injected the neurons/neuronal tissue with creatine. Due to creatine's rapid elimination kinetics, it's safe to say any cognitive benefit would be yielded from prolonged use.

Agmatine also has a CNS retention of at least 24 (more likely 50+) hours in primates so that would exclude creatine use at any point in the next 2-3 days...
    Thanks man
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%

Thanks man
    Np bro. One final point to consider is that creatine enters the brain via a transporter that is operating at near-saturation kinetics at rest (no creatine supplementation). So getting supraphysiological amounts of creatine into the brain may prove difficult in vivo
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.05%

Np bro. One final point to consider is that creatine enters the brain via a transporter that is operating at near-saturation kinetics at rest (no creatine supplementation). So getting supraphysiological amounts of creatine into the brain may prove difficult in vivo
    I'm not going to thank you again...

Alright guys we've tabled creatine, fadogia, berberine, and that stuff touey was talking about, which I admittedly have no clue WTF it is outside of Tribulus but to be honest in regards to anything involving Tribulus, no... Just no...

Any other opinions?
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.97%

I'm not going to thank you again...

Alright guys we've tabled creatine, fadogia, berberine, and that stuff touey was talking about, which I admittedly have no clue WTF it is outside of Tribulus but to be honest in regards to anything involving Tribulus, no... Just no...

Any other opinions?
    I hear Trib is great for Test boosting and Arginine is great for pumps; thoughts?

What is everyones thoughts on supplementing with creatine when reps are over 10 and rest periods are ~30s (i.e. not enough time for phosocreatine stores to fully replenish).
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

I hear Trib is great for Test boosting and Arginine is great for pumps; thoughts?

What is everyones thoughts on supplementing with creatine when reps are over 10 and rest periods are ~30s (i.e. not enough time for phosocreatine stores to fully replenish).
    Creatine has many benefits other than the immediate boosts in strength. Reducing soreness and increasing protein synthesis are a few.. If those sound good to you, I'd keep supplementing with it
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.97%

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Creatine has many benefits other than the immediate boosts in strength. Reducing soreness and increasing protein synthesis are a few.. If those sound good to you, I'd keep supplementing with it
    Does it increase protein synthesis or decrease protein oxidation rates? Or both?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.05%

/thread

All anyone needs is Arginine and Tribulus, done
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Does it increase protein synthesis or decrease protein oxidation rates? Or both?
    I actually wrote my capstone paper on creatine.

From what I remember, it increases protein synthesis (obviously nothing compared to exogenous hormones) but every bit helps.

Most studies I used were around 12 Weeks in length, and most found an increase in lbm when compared to the placebo.

I don't remember anything about decreasing protein oxidation. I apologize if i'm incorrect.

Moral of the story: drink your celltech if you want to look like Ronnie Coleman, kids.
  27. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.55%

Could we please discuss Ipamorelin have been on about two years is the only thing really to helping sleeping with no residual groggy feeling next day.
    Have researched extensively still would welcome thought some may have HERE on safety, benefits, etc.
    I know this is supplements but is only a peptide. Nevertheless if this is out of bounds for us to discuss on this thread please moderator will just post to me here I will start different table for it.

28. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.11%

What's the verdict on Methyl Synephrine, bunk or effective..? I've heard conflicting sides to the argument, there are supporters of the ingredient while others say it's useless and doesn't compare to oxilofrine.

Thoughts?
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.46%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy View Post
    What's the verdict on Methyl Synephrine, bunk or effective..? I've heard conflicting sides to the argument, there are supporters of the ingredient while others say it's useless and doesn't compare to oxilofrine.

Thoughts?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...3054601&page=1
    phaggy opinions+certainty=douchebag status
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.11%

Yeah I've read that a few times, however after further research and reading peoples thoughts after usage it seems that it's not that effective.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

/thread

All anyone needs is Arginine and Tribulus, done
    What's the PCT for Tribulus?? I hear it's anabolic effects are off the charts...and man, the aquatic version of it seems to have given arnold his biceps!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  32. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.55%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    What's the PCT for Tribulus?? I hear it's anabolic effects are off the charts...and man, the aquatic version of it seems to have given arnold his biceps!
    Sometime I have feeling Celorza is being less then truthful with me

33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    Sometime I have feeling Celorza is being less then truthful with me
    Haha it was just a joke Touey . I have seen even some of my personal friends tell me that they are making humongous gains out of Trib , or that they are set for PCT with it and I set them straight. Got any opinion on either Touey? Perhaps a Touey Table?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  34. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.55%

Haha it was just a joke Touey . I have seen even some of my personal friends tell me that they are making humongous gains out of Trib , or that they are set for PCT with it and I set them straight. Got any opinion on either Touey? Perhaps a Touey Table?
    I love that saying they are set for PCT for Trib lol oh well they are having fun good for them much safe then some too young are taking.

35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.52%

I used creatine mono on a regular basis for years. Although I am a non-responder as far as strength and size increases are concerned, I take it for better overall health. I have yet to read a negative scientific report on this product. I have also tried the buffered forms of creatine, the HCL versions as well as the effervesent forms, etc. These, at least for me, don't work any better than mono. My theory is that people who's diets are high in animal protien will not respond well to creatine in any form.
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.27%

I am legitimately confused. Editors Thoughts for creatine and agmatine respectively:

I honestly see no reason why somebody shouldn't supplement creatine, nor do I see any logical basis for the seeming 'fear' of this compound in society.

It's safe, it's healthy, it's cheap, and for most people, it just works. Get some Creatine Monohydrate, take 5g a day, and you're good to go.

If humans didn't make any in the body, this thing would be a vitamin. There do exist deficiency symptoms that result in mental retardation.[2] They're rare, but they pretty much establish the importance of this molecule as a vitamin-like compound.
    I would not worry too much about Agmatine and blood pressure. Although NOS inhibitors usually should increase blood pressure, agmatine does not last long in serum (10 minutes or less) and taking one dose at a separate time from your arginine or citrulline supplementation should not interfere with the benefits thereof.

Also, this thing is synergistic with everything illicit or pharmaceutical it seems (Bupropion, alcohol, marijuana, opioidergic drugs). Perhaps the most interesting thing to come from agmatine in the future is the drug-drug interactions.

Some oral pharmacokinetic studies in humans are sorely needed to help harmonize the in vitro studies to supplementation of agmatine.
    But - you are also correct. It was poor of us to put creatine/agmatine as does not go well with each other. A leap, and we will expand on the potential competition in the complete summaries.

Also thanks for all the kind words Feel free to PM me if I ever miss a thread you guys would like our input on.
  37. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy View Post

Thoughts?
    I dot feel much on it to be honest. Seems to be a decent amount of evidence behind beta activity but unsure I saw any difference since adding it in
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  38. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%

I am legitimately confused. Editors Thoughts for creatine and agmatine respectively:

But - you are also correct. It was poor of us to put creatine/agmatine as does not go well with each other. A leap, and we will expand on the potential competition in the complete summaries.

Also thanks for all the kind words Feel free to PM me if I ever miss a thread you guys would like our input on.
    I was speaking about your thoughts on the combination of the two. Both of those quotes are talking about either in isolation and for non-cognitive purposes.

I genuinely meant it when I say you have done well with the website. I'm sure it takes a lot of work to compile that much data, and many compounds I research end up turning up there in one way or an other.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    I dot feel much on it to be honest. Seems to be a decent amount of evidence behind beta activity but unsure I saw any difference since adding it in
    You shouldn't feel anything really, as it doesn't penetrate the CNS. Unlike ephedrine, which is a mixed adrenergic agent (indirect sympathomimetic + b2 agonist), MS is almost exclusively a b2-agonist, so the peripheral stimulation is limited as well. Many would consider this a good thing, as it should minimize the side effect profile (diastolic BP will actually drop), while maximizing fat loss and vasodilation (try it preworkout)
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.53%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

In and finally caught up... currently having a suppgasm.
  40. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.05%

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I used creatine mono on a regular basis for years. Although I am a non-responder as far as strength and size increases are concerned, I take it for better overall health. I have yet to read a negative scientific report on this product. I have also tried the buffered forms of creatine, the HCL versions as well as the effervesent forms, etc. These, at least for me, don't work any better than mono. My theory is that people who's diets are high in animal protien will not respond well to creatine in any form.
    Getting enough creatine through diet only would be a pretty difficult task but I agree with you on everything else creatine mono> designer forms. AND there's no reason not to take it!

Unless contraindicated by a medical condition

Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    In and finally caught up... currently having a suppgasm.
    yup go clean up we'll still be here. The roundtable is in full effect.

Trib is going to pahmp you ahp!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Anabolic Diet Supplement List
    By bla55 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 04:31 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
  3. Anabolic Minds while on the job?
    By DecaDone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 05:54 AM
  4. I got free supplements for posting at Anabolic Minds!
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 11:05 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 01:42 AM