The Anabolic Minds Supplement Roundtable

Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by BlackWinging View Post
    Alright, so around 700mg is a good dose. How does it compare to 8 grams of citrulline malate?
    Here is what I am currently taking, in case it helps:

Ingredient Grams
    Citrulline 6.67
    Agmatine 1.0
    Potassium Nitrate 0.866666667
    NAC 0.5
    Ascorbic Acid 0.5

YMMV

2. Any benefit to taking more than 1 gram of agmatine a day?. I've read some posts of people taking up to 4 grams a day. Is there any benefit or is it just a waste after a certain amount?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Any benefit to taking more than 1 gram of agmatine a day?. I've read some posts of people taking up to 4 grams a day. Is there any benefit or is it just a waste after a certain amount?
    My sweet spot for Agmatine has always been 1.5g when just using bulk powder, i seem to get increased pumps up to 1500mg then nothing more after that. For some reason i seem to get headaches with anything above 2 grams.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    My sweet spot for Agmatine has always been 1.5g when just using bulk powder, i seem to get increased pumps up to 1500mg then nothing more after that. For some reason i seem to get headaches with anything above 2 grams.

I don't run it for the pumps. I rarely get any pumps from any product anyway. What I like about agmatine is that it helps put me in a better mood and helps me relax. Not really something that helps much pre-workout. I'm still wondering if going above 1 gram a day has any increased benefits. I'm talking about total dosage, and not just at one time. Spread out throughout the day. Say 1 gram post workout, one gram 5-6 hours later, and one gram before bed.

5. Here's an interesting question in regards to powdered mixed supplements. How can you be sure you are getting the amounts listed on the bottle with each scoop. Say a product says it has 250 mg of L-dopa, and various milligram amounts of say 7 other supplement powders. Even if you shake up the bottle, how can you be sure you are getting the specific amount per serving or scoop. I know nothing of the manufacture of supplements and this confuses me. Someone care to explain how this works?.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Here's an interesting question in regards to powdered mixed supplements. How can you be sure you are getting the amounts listed on the bottle with each scoop. Say a product says it has 250 mg of L-dopa, and various milligram amounts of say 7 other supplement powders. Even if you shake up the bottle, how can you be sure you are getting the specific amount per serving or scoop. I know nothing of the manufacture of supplements and this confuses me. Someone care to explain how this works?.
    I'm no rocket scientist - but I weight everything on a scale - and shake the crap out of it (sorry for the technical jargon) prior to each use.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I'm no rocket scientist - but I weight everything on a scale - and shake the crap out of it (sorry for the technical jargon) prior to each use.
    That still wouldn't guarantee even distribution, no matter how much you shake it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    That still wouldn't guarantee even distribution, no matter how much you shake it.
    I realize that; its sort of the best I can do - for convenience.

If I were taking something that had a very specific dosage requirement, I'd keep it in bulk, and measure dosage every day. I do that with Potassium Nitrate.

9. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Here's an interesting question in regards to powdered mixed supplements. How can you be sure you are getting the amounts listed on the bottle with each scoop. Say a product says it has 250 mg of L-dopa, and various milligram amounts of say 7 other supplement powders. Even if you shake up the bottle, how can you be sure you are getting the specific amount per serving or scoop. I know nothing of the manufacture of supplements and this confuses me. Someone care to explain how this works?.
    Its called Homogenization. Depending on the materials used, there density, weight etc, the powders are mixed or milled for a certain period of time until they are 100% evenly distributed or homogenized, this should be verified by post production third party testing. As supplements sit, they settle so shaking them up will help to eliminate settling and help maintain homogenization.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    Its called Homogenization. Depending on the materials used, there density, weight etc, the powders are mixed or milled for a certain period of time until they are 100% evenly distributed or homogenized, this should be verified by post production third party testing. As supplements sit, they settle so shaking them up will help to eliminate settling and help maintain homogenization.
    Interesting. Thanks for this, never knew how this worked.

11. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I don't run it for the pumps. I rarely get any pumps from any product anyway. What I like about agmatine is that it helps put me in a better mood and helps me relax. Not really something that helps much pre-workout. I'm still wondering if going above 1 gram a day has any increased benefits. I'm talking about total dosage, and not just at one time. Spread out throughout the day. Say 1 gram post workout, one gram 5-6 hours later, and one gram before bed.
    Interesting, the effects you're talking about (relaxation-anxiolytic) seem to dissipate at anything above 500mg. Not personally but data wise
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

12. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Interesting, the effects you're talking about (relaxation-anxiolytic) seem to dissipate at anything above 500mg. Not personally but data wise
    Not in my case. Yesterday and today I decided to "experiment" with dosage a bit, with the dosages as stated in my previous post you quoted.

13. I've personally never really noticed anything relaxation wise with agamatine, even when I take it first thing in the morning.
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

14. Personally, I like supplementing with 500 mg of agmatine 30 mins pre-bed for the mental relaxation and deeper sleep effect it gives off. Also, for the potential slight increase in GH.

15. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    I've personally never really noticed anything relaxation wise with agamatine, even when I take it first thing in the morning.

The relaxation effect is the main reason I use it. Puts me in a great mood too. It has had a very strong effect like this. In fact today I don't think I'm gonna take my 3rd dose. If I do it's only gonna be 500mg.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    ALA at 9gr/day....sit back and be amazed!

Wicked heartburn sometimes, way worth it though.
    What exactly did you notice?

17. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    I've personally never really noticed anything relaxation wise with agamatine, even when I take it first thing in the morning.
    try 3-4g. one time not spread out. i only take agmatine before i sleep n i dont even measure it. the scoop i use is roughly 3g when i fluff the powder

18. I'm glad this was added. It really gives people the best experience at looking through others trials with products, we can learn a lot from each other. Great idea and I am loving the reviews on everything.

19. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    I'm glad this was added. It really gives people the best experience at looking through others trials with products, we can learn a lot from each other. Great idea and I am loving the reviews on everything.
    That then official MG stamp on approval
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard

20. Quote Originally Posted by bananaClip View Post
    try 3-4g. one time not spread out. i only take agmatine before i sleep n i dont even measure it. the scoop i use is roughly 3g when i fluff the powder

I'd think you'd pass out from low blood pressure taking that much at a time...Either that or it would drop your blood sugar...a lot...Wouldn't think that's safe or smart... How do you know it is roughly 3 grams?. Did you weigh it out?.

21. Quote Originally Posted by xhrr View Post
    What exactly did you notice?
    Increased vascularity and dryness. Especially in the morning.

I usually dose with AP or Recompadrol. Notice a big difference when I added 2gr ALA with doses and before bed
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

22. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'd think you'd pass out from low blood pressure taking that much at a time...Either that or it would drop your blood sugar...a lot...Wouldn't think that's safe or smart... How do you know it is roughly 3 grams?. Did you weigh it out?.
    yeah i have a couple different scales, big and small "cool face w/ shades" i weigh a lotta things

23. DAA dosage, benefits going to 6 grams a day?. I did it before when I first took it with the Nutraplanet bulk stuff. 3 grams twice a day. I did notice an increase in effects at 6 grams versus 3. I'm running Test Powder now and also have some Test Factor advanced that I've been thinking about adding. I'm just a little worried about adding it with the talk I've read about Neurotoxicity. I believe that theory was put to bed by some of the top minds online though. So I'm still not sure about adding it, meanwhile I'm slowly using up my Test powder. Then again I'm stacking an assload of supplements right now so.....I could ask Coop because he helped me figure out my current stack, but I think I'm beginning to be a pain in the ass with all my questions.

24. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    DAA dosage, benefits going to 6 grams a day?. I did it before when I first took it with the Nutraplanet bulk stuff. 3 grams twice a day. I did notice an increase in effects at 6 grams versus 3. I'm running Test Powder now and also have some Test Factor advanced that I've been thinking about adding. I'm just a little worried about adding it with the talk I've read about Neurotoxicity. I believe that theory was put to bed by some of the top minds online though. So I'm still not sure about adding it, meanwhile I'm slowly using up my Test powder. Then again I'm stacking an assload of supplements right now so.....I could ask Coop because he helped me figure out my current stack, but I think I'm beginning to be a pain in the ass with all my questions.
    I think my main concern w/ DAA @ 6 grams is that I would forever be in the bathroom.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I think my main concern w/ DAA @ 6 grams is that I would forever be in the bathroom.
    Split up it shouldn't be too bad.
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

26. Can someone brush up on ephedrine? I'm also wondering if it can be used in conjunction with alphamine as a sort of ecy stack?
  27. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by da_tank55 View Post
    Can someone brush up on ephedrine? I'm also wondering if it can be used in conjunction with alphamine as a sort of ecy stack?
    Using it with alphamine as we speak, very synergistic and effective. Ease into it eith a half dose to start and gauge your reaction
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

28. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Using it with alphamine as we speak, very synergistic and effective. Ease into it eith a half dose to start and gauge your reaction
    Yep this has been discussed a few places. Dexaprine has been used as well
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com
    PHWSupplements Store Rep
    Use code "BOONE10" for 10% off at phwsupplements.com/

29. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post

That's good to hear, thanks!

30. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post

Yep this has been discussed a few places. Dexaprine has been used as well
    I saw it mentioned and was very curious about it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Anabolic Diet Supplement List
    By bla55 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 03:31 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 08:48 AM
  3. Anabolic Minds while on the job?
    By DecaDone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 04:54 AM
  4. I got free supplements for posting at Anabolic Minds!
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 10:05 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 12:42 AM