Issues with D-POL. Please help!

Crimson811

Awards
Hey guys,

So like the title says, I'm having a minor issue with D-POL. To put it simply, it's giving me some extreme diarrhea. I originally thought it was an extended case of food poisoning until I went on a weekend trip, forgot to pack my D-POL, and realized that my stomach was now fine. I came home, started back up on D-POL and the runs immediately followed.

I've searched this issue on a couple forums and it turns out that I'm not the only one. It seems that DAA causes some intestinal irritation issues with some people. Although it's been easy to find others with the same problem, I'm having a harder time finding a solution. I really like this product. I've read great things about it and I want to continue using it. However, it doesn't seem practical to me if it's causing me to run to the bathroom every 2 hours.

Which is what brings me here. Does anyone have any reasonable advice for me that would allow me to continue using this product without the stomach issues? I've read some users say that you could break the dosage up, but I'm skeptical about whether I'll see the same gains using a split dosage vs regular dosage. I'd prefer to continue taking 3 pills at once, one hour prior to workout, due to the nitric oxide benefits. Is this at all possible?

I've been taking this product with Oxy Elite Pro and a whey protein shake. Could these 2 things contribute to the stomach issues? Should I cut out the OEP? Should I skip the shake and take D-POL with water instead? Any advice here would be great as I am truly stumped right now. Thanks in advance guys :)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
split up the dose and use agmatine pre work out for NO effects?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you using a pre workout product, or something with caffeine?

I only noticed a problem when mixed with too much caffeine

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Hey guys,

So like the title says, I'm having a minor issue with D-POL. To put it simply, it's giving me some extreme diarrhea. I originally thought it was an extended case of food poisoning until I went on a weekend trip, forgot to pack my D-POL, and realized that my stomach was now fine. I came home, started back up on D-POL and the runs immediately followed.

I've searched this issue on a couple forums and it turns out that I'm not the only one. It seems that DAA causes some intestinal irritation issues with some people. Although it's been easy to find others with the same problem, I'm having a harder time finding a solution. I really like this product. I've read great things about it and I want to continue using it. However, it doesn't seem practical to me if it's causing me to run to the bathroom every 2 hours.

Which is what brings me here. Does anyone have any reasonable advice for me that would allow me to continue using this product without the stomach issues? I've read some users say that you could break the dosage up, but I'm skeptical about whether I'll see the same gains using a split dosage vs regular dosage. I'd prefer to continue taking 3 pills at once, one hour prior to workout, due to the nitric oxide benefits. Is this at all possible?

I've been taking this product with Oxy Elite Pro and a whey protein shake. Could these 2 things contribute to the stomach issues? Should I cut out the OEP? Should I skip the shake and take D-POL with water instead? Any advice here would be great as I am truly stumped right now. Thanks in advance guys :)
Haven't read it all, but do you take with or without a heavy meal?

Crimson811

Awards
Are you using a pre workout product, or something with caffeine?

I only noticed a problem when mixed with too much caffeine
No pre-workout, but I do take it with Oxy Elite Pro. Just checked the label and noticed that it does have a lot of caffeine. You think this is the cause of the stomach issues?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There could be a couple things to do that can help. The main thing id say is split the doses up. Not gonna hurt anything at all. Yiu wont be getting the full serving of nitrates at once so you may notice less pump/endurance during workouts but other than that no big deal. Id also suggest taking it with a meal. Not just a protein shake. I take mine with breakfast in the mornings. And lastly some people have had the GI issues with mixing it with their PWO drink so im guessing it might have something to do with the caffine in your OEP. Id start with just splitting the doses up though. 1 pill 3x a day should work just fine.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I had the same exact issue. I've tried two different things, both have worked.

If you're cool training fasted, just take it 20-30 mins before bcaas.

If you aren't, I've had success taking dpol and then about 20 mins or so later taking a hydrolyzed casein/cyclic dextrin drink. PM me if you don't know what I'm talking about as the manufacturer isn't a board sponsor so I'd rather not advertise publicly. (Whey protein caused me the same gi issues as food when taken near dpol, where this did not).

Dpol is one of the best supplements that I have ever used, so I'm glad I didn't have to quit.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No pre-workout, but I do take it with Oxy Elite Pro. Just checked the label and noticed that it does have a lot of caffeine. You think this is the cause of the stomach issues?
I bet if you took just the Dpol an no oxyelite pro, you'd be fine.
Im sure it contains more diuretics than just caffeine.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Take it with some bread or toast or split the dose up. Honestly those are your best options.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Try some different combinations as mentioned. I tried a number of DAA products that did not agree with me and that I was forced to toss in the garbage. DPOL worked; however, and taking it all at once on an empty stomach - with nothing else but water. If this does not work for you, take the entire dose all about 15 minutes after having real food (like your pre-workout meal). If that does not work, try split dosing on top of food etc... until you find what works. If you can't get DPOL agreeing with you....the only other product that may work IMO is intimidate (however, DPOL IMO blows it away).

Crimson811

Awards
Wow. Tons of great advice here. I'm gonna start giving these methods a shot until I find one that works. Thanks a lot guys. You all were incredibly helpful!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey man any difference?

Crimson811

Awards
Hey man any difference?
No, unfortunately not. I stopped taking Oxy Elite Pro weeks ago, but the stomach issues didn't stop. Lately I've been splitting the doses into 3 separate servings. This seems to work on certain days, but other days (like today) have me running into the bathroom. I'm not quite sure what's causing this.

I took the 1st pill this morning with breakfast, but I took the 2nd pill on an empty stomach. Maybe that's what caused it? Starting tomorrow, I'm going to start taking all 3 pills individually with large meals. One during breakfast, one during lunch, and one with dinner. Let's see if this makes a difference.

Any other advice out there? I've read great things about this product and I really want to continue using it, but I'm running out of ideas here.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, unfortunately not. I stopped taking Oxy Elite Pro weeks ago, but the stomach issues didn't stop. Lately I've been splitting the doses into 3 separate servings. This seems to work on certain days, but other days (like today) have me running into the bathroom. I'm not quite sure what's causing this.

I took the 1st pill this morning with breakfast, but I took the 2nd pill on an empty stomach. Maybe that's what caused it? Starting tomorrow, I'm going to start taking all 3 pills individually with large meals. One during breakfast, one during lunch, and one with dinner. Let's see if this makes a difference.

Any other advice out there? I've read great things about this product and I really want to continue using it, but I'm running out of ideas here.
dang, that sucks, im taking dpol in pill form now, an take all 3 with my condense pre w/o with no issues.

this wasn't the case with the powdered form though. had me blowing up the bathroom. weird.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man im really sorry to hear that. I Wish I had a solution for ya.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Take the dpol on top of real food and with lots of water. I find the dpol powder is much for the system to invest than the pills and I have gi issues with daa. If you can't get dpol going.. intimidate I m certain will gi've you no problems