Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.03%

Laxogenin

Tough to get that much information on this supplement. Looking to see if anyone has an idea of what brand contains actual laxogenin and not just diosgenin. From what I've Googled it seems a lot of what's out there is fake.

I know Exclusive Pharmaceuticals sells 5mg capsules for $70 while Excel Sports Nutrition has 60mg capsules for around the same price. Seems to be a big gap there between the two.

If I'm not mistaken I think the daily dose is suppose to be around 50 mgs a day? (Correct me if I'm wrong.) That's a pretty big price tag if the 5mg capsules turned out to be real while the 60mg is a fake.

Any info is much appreciated.

2. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Ah the yearly laxogenin thread...
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.03%

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Ah the yearly laxogenin thread...
    I can't take prohormones anymore so I've been searching for an alternative. Laxogenin seems to pop up everywhere.....once a year or so. lol
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I'll take nonsense for $1,000 Alec!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.84%

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    I'll take nonsense for $1,000 Alec!
    Vaughn please explain. I am seeing this pop up in several supps 5a- hydroxy

What's the deal with it. I have looked at it and researched it but have found tons of conflicting reviews and one article about 10 different places
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.84%

Quote Originally Posted by alex2678 View Post
    Tough to get that much information on this supplement. Looking to see if anyone has an idea of what brand contains actual laxogenin and not just diosgenin. From what I've Googled it seems a lot of what's out there is fake.

I know Exclusive Pharmaceuticals sells 5mg capsules for $70 while Excel Sports Nutrition has 60mg capsules for around the same price. Seems to be a big gap there between the two.

If I'm not mistaken I think the daily dose is suppose to be around 50 mgs a day? (Correct me if I'm wrong.) That's a pretty big price tag if the 5mg capsules turned out to be real while the 60mg is a fake.

Any info is much appreciated.
    Bump for op. Plus my curiosity.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post

What's the deal with it. I have looked at it and researched it but have found tons of conflicting reviews and one article about 10 different places
    Name:  images (15).jpg
Views: 2514
Size:  8.7 KB lol sixxer it is vexing?
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.03%

I might be a guinea pig and give it a try myself to see how it is. Can't find any logs posted by anyone who's actually tried it.

If you're interested; bulkingredient dot com sells it in powder form directly from China. They emailed me back $225 for 10 grams of 5 alpha hydroxy laxogenin. Now if only anyone knew what an effective daily dose is suppose to be. I'm hearing anywhere between 10 and 210 mgs a day.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.86%

10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.84%

Ignore. Mis-read a quote. Thanks for the links.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I just ignore everything about this stuff. Anytime it is brought up people are copy/paste the same crap or say some cryptic shît and leave.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

I can't take prohormones anymore so I've been searching for an alternative. Laxogenin seems to pop up everywhere.....once a year or so. lol
    Why can't you take prohormones? Just curious did something happen?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.03%

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Why can't you take prohormones? Just curious did something happen?
    I had two blood clots over the past year and a half so they put me on blood thinners indefinitely. Last year I made the mistake of starting a prohormone cycle while taking them. Apparently any type of androgen amplifies the effects of blood thinners so I ended up in the hospital for two weeks with a hematoma in my leg from glute to ankle. Small hamstring sprain almost turned into a major disaster.

Never felt much from natural test boosters so I've been looking for something "non hormonal" that actually works. Unfortunately there's not much out there that comes close. For the past two weeks I've been taking Colostrom powder (another blast from the past) at 60 grams a day and my morning weight is up 4 pounds with no change to my diet while my strength has increased noticeably. Might start a new thread on this just to give anyone else who can't take prohormones/anabolics a heads up on its effects. Price tag is just way too much to consume regularly.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.84%

I had two blood clots over the past year and a half so they put me on blood thinners indefinitely. Last year I made the mistake of starting a prohormone cycle while taking them. Apparently any type of androgen amplifies the effects of blood thinners so I ended up in the hospital for two weeks with a hematoma in my leg from glute to ankle. Small hamstring sprain almost turned into a major disaster.

Never felt much from natural test boosters so I've been looking for something "non hormonal" that actually works. Unfortunately there's not much out there that comes close. For the past two weeks I've been taking Colostrom powder (another blast from the past) at 60 grams a day and my morning weight is up 4 pounds with no change to my diet while my strength has increased noticeably. Might start a new thread on this just to give anyone else who can't take prohormones/anabolics a heads up on its effects. Price tag is just way too much to consume regularly.
    Interesting. Colostrum helping that much.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

Laxogenin first hit the US market when Mark Thierman introduced "Mesobolin" via his company Amino Discounters. He trademarked it in 1990 - http://trademarks.breanlaw.com/74106068-mesobolin.html. He also manufactured the raws for ZOE Discoveries (not Labs) "Ecdysterone" product, Maxwell Research's "Anabolica" among others (this via phone conversation with him in late 2008). He died a few years back, around Christmas time. The quality of material on the market today is suspect, as I had one such product sent to PA for testing. There was little to no Laxogenin in it, and it was claimed to be 50mg/capsule.

The last time I saw it in legit form was Maxwell Research's "Anabolica", sold by BAC at the time (circa 1999/2000). Long gone, it was an excellent anti-inflammatory - though I wouldn't call it anabolic by any stretch. Below is a pic of 2 of the 3 products in question, those being ZOE's "Ecdysterone" and Maxwell Research's "Anabolica" - both containing 5-alpha-hydroxy Laxogenin. Zebutol was reportedly "Suma Sterol Extract", though my HDL's showed otherwise... :-)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...3&d=1280104844
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.03%

Interesting. Colostrum helping that much.
    I wasn't expecting much but at $150 for a 2 week supply I was hoping to at least notice something with regards to increased recovery. This past week I've been hitting PR's, left elbow which has been nagging for years is less sore, bodyfat has remained the same while my scale weight is up. I'm going to give it another try for a few more weeks to make sure this isn't some type of placebo effect I'm getting.

There was another bodybuilder who posted years ago having had good results as well. That's what actually prompted me to give it a try. See post 21.
    forum dot bodybuilding dot com/showthread.php?t=923&page=1 (Sorry I can't post links until I have 20 posts it says.)
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.39%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Call me crazy, but I think you might just leave this alone. If some of it is real and some is fake best to not bother in your case.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

"I've been taking Colostrom powder (another blast from the past) at 60 grams a day and my morning weight is up 4 pounds with no change to my diet while my strength has increased noticeably...".

You know, I'm not a big believe in Colostrum for more muscle. Then again, I've never used it anywhere near the 60g/day mark. Having said that, your results square up with a study that's sticking in my head conducted by Joey Antonio. I'll have to find the full study, but here were his conclusions: "We found that lean body mass improved significantly - by 3 to 4 pounds - but there was no change in fat and no change in exercise performance," says lead author Jose Antonio, PhD, a researcher at the University of Delaware in Newark when he conducted this study.

I'll have to go back and see how much subjects were taking, etc. If memory serves, they replaced whey with Colostrum.

EDIT: Here's the abstract/link - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11312068

"The whey protein group experienced a significant increase (P < 0.05) in body weight (mean increase of 2.11 kg), whereas the colostrum group experienced a significant (P < 0.05) increase in bone-free lean body mass (mean increase of 1.49 kg). There were no changes in any of the other parameters measured. Thus, supplementation with bovine colostrum (20 g/d) in combination with exercise training for 8 wk may increase bone-free lean body mass in active men and women..."
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.55%

OP have you looked into some of the non hormone based products that are out these days such as Anabeta, Erase, Pump Spray/UR spray, Arachidonic Acid, DAA, leucine, creatine, these have all been great for me.
  20. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    lol what is that meaning

i've tried it, didn't notice any results whatsoever. Also can't find any really well done science/studies on it either.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

Curious Vaughn, which product did you try and how many mg's/caps a day did you run?

I have no horse in this race, so not looking to disparage nor promote the product in question. I do however find it intriguing, have a 20+ year history with the compound and continue to work with others in an effort to help those interested.
  22. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Curious Vaughn, which product did you try and how many mg's/caps a day did you run?

I have no horse in this race, so not looking to disparage nor promote the product in question. I do however find it intriguing, have a 20+ year history with the compound and continue to work with others in an effort to help those interested.
    i got raw materials of the compound, testing showed they were legit.

There is always a chance that the compound can be great for some users, as not everything works for everyone. Would be great to see a legit study conducted with 20+ trained athletes.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

Your point here is what Touey?

Much of what you've quoted is not accurate and a simple cut/paste by people peddling the stuff. "Discovered by an American Scientist in 1996...". Complete BS. It was identified as long ago as 1976/77 given the documents I have.

From what I've seen, these people know virtually NOTHING about Laxogenin, and it shows. Hell one guy I spoke to flat out admitted he had no idea what was in his product - until I informed him what PA found (or rather, didn't find) when I sent him a bottle.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

K brother, one more time: What are you trying to say?

This ad copy for Laxogenin has been thrown around for a LONG time by people who purportedly understand it. They don't. And if you think this is bad, wait until you speak with them on the phone.

CLUELESS
  25. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%

K brother, one more time: What are you trying to say?

This ad copy for Laxogenin has been thrown around for a LONG time by people who purportedly understand it. They don't. And if you think this is bad, wait until you speak with them on the phone.

CLUELESS
    lol keep calm and educate on good sir!
  26. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I could be wrong, but I believe that all those super anabolic claims are simply based on an article some dude wrote, and there isnt a single piece of data backing it up.

It would be like If i wrote an article today that some obscure compound is incredibly anabolic, with zero data, and then in 20 years someone finds the article and accepts it as fact
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  27. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.86%

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe that all those super anabolic claims are simply based on an article some dude wrote, and there isnt a single piece of data backing it up.It would be like If i wrote an article today that some obscure compound is incredibly anabolic, with zero data, and then in 20 years someone finds the article and accepts it as fact
    Noone I think would see the problem to rest on "some dude writing" dudes writing fiction dimes a dozen the world over; rather when business becomes a proponent of dishing out dudes scribbling to unsuspecting public.

28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

It's called "capitalism" brah.

People lie all the time to sell product, unfortunately...
  29. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.86%

It's called "capitalism" brah.

People lie all the time to sell product, unfortunately...
    I am for natural remedies. I do not though want to see abuse of select few create an environment wherein officials are further limiting freedom of we who wish for the right to buy nutraceuticals unfettered by being told what is acceptable for our health and families health by government bureaucrats.

30. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.03%

Quote Originally Posted by bigflex0 View Post
    OP have you looked into some of the non hormone based products that are out these days such as Anabeta, Erase, Pump Spray/UR spray, Arachidonic Acid, DAA, leucine, creatine, these have all been great for me.
    Before the blood clot situation I used pretty much only prohormones and PCT with some liver support. I did try Erase and E-Control (6OXO) which both worked extremely well as hardening agents. Arachidonic Acid and Anabeta do interest me since I can't go anywhere near an anabolic as long as I'm on blood thinners. I'm not expecting to find anything that has prohormone like effects but it would be nice to go through a bottle of something and notice at least some type of benefit.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.03%

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I think you might just leave this alone. If some of it is real and some is fake best to not bother in your case.
    Yeah I'm trying to avoid anything that's not 100%. A natural supplement that's "spiked" with a prohormone not listed on the label, for example, would be disastrous in my situation.
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

LGI released a product today called SecretABridge, containing laxogenin, Diosgenin and Dioscin. Trying to learn more about the ingredients, led me back here. Seems laxogenin isn't really laxogenin but diosgenin and/or diosgenin acetate.
    ANS Performance Rep.
    www.ansperformance.com / www.facebook.com/TeamANSPerformance
    RITUAL * HIT * FORTITUDE * DILATE
  33. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.6%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Yeah, waiting for some responses on this new LGI product before I pull the trigger
  34. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    LGI released a product today called SecretABridge, containing laxogenin, Diosgenin and Dioscin. Trying to learn more about the ingredients, led me back here. Seems laxogenin isn't really laxogenin but diosgenin and/or diosgenin acetate.
    It's wild yam extract

Been around for a while
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  35. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.6%

Somebody I just spoke with that has more knowledge regarding this kind of stuff just told me waste of money. This product from LGI is a joke. I'll wait to find out more but maybe it's better off I didn't spend my $$ on this.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    It's wild yam extract

Been around for a while
    I did read that as I was searching for clarification on the some of claims/ingredients, which led me back here.
    ANS Performance Rep.
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Quote Originally Posted by BigGame84 View Post
    Somebody I just spoke with that has more knowledge regarding this kind of stuff just told me waste of money. This product from LGI is a joke. I'll wait to find out more but maybe it's better off I didn't spend my $$ on this.
    LGI has put out some very good products, however, not so sure laxogenin is actually laxogenin.
    ANS Performance Rep.
  38. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.6%

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    LGI has put out some very good products, however, not so sure laxogenin is actually laxogenin.
    Yes, I know about LGI. They are solid. That's why I almost shelled out for 2 bottles of this stuff before I even looked into it.
  39. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%

the 25R will provide good results. not quite so sure on the other 2 ingredients however IMO. this is just from personal use of the 3 ingredients however, not studies/proven science.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.22%

Quote Originally Posted by BigGame84 View Post
    Yes, I know about LGI. They are solid. That's why I almost shelled out for 2 bottles of this stuff before I even looked into it.
    same as well... led me to this thread lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Brs30 Laxogenin?
    By Dougsuppman9 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 10:12 PM
  2. Laxogenin the next big thing ?
    By NADDANME in forum Advanced Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 12:18 AM
  3. any info on L-laxogenin?
    By myleslup in forum Supplements