Probiotics

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Again..not here to argue...you can believe what you want. I have acid reflux disease I have researched my ass off trying to find the right combination of supplements, homeopathy and diet so that I can get off nexium. Which I have successfully done after being on it for three years. So if you think I'm just going off of hear say you are mistaken. If you're that invested use Google its not that difficult. I'm not going to look for studies and evidence and all that I'm on my phone
    Glad your feeling and found a natural way to help it along. Cheers...

2. Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Google the 216 ct bottle of Primal Defense Ultra. $47, damn good price and the product is strong as heck.

I'm not a raw and natural cheerleader, but that Primal Defense Ultra I tend to trust because 1) I've been using it for the longest 2) I have my mom use the stuff 3) the Primal Defense (original) I believe is the one that the consumer watchdogs tend to quality check and 4) it's 15 billion live cell count from 13 species including soil based plus they added some plants fiber to keep the organisms alive and nourished.

It's pretty comprehensive as that covers the bacteria in both you intestines as well as your colon. If your gut health is quite questionable, you may want to adhere to the dosing suggestions on the bottle and take it slow, because it could give you a pretty hardcore detoxification effect (aka squirts and flatulence).

Also, don't forget to get a decent amount of prebiotic fiber (veggies, fruits) in daily to keep that good GI bacteria healthy.
    Thx for your personal feedback.

Found this great pdf file at
    http://www.worldgastroenterology.org...L_20110116.pdf

go to page 21 and look at table 9 where they list evidence based probiotic strains.

Have to say almost all of this strains are in Primal Defense Ultra that doesn't need to be refrigerated so could be perfect for my 2-4 months trip exploring Asia staring around November.

Still heat in Asia will go up to 45C (100 Fahrenheit) so it might be true test if organisms remain active even if being inactive in dry freezed state inside the bottle.

Thanks to everybody and this great forum filled with awesome knowledge and feedbacks.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I was under the impression that the specific product KDD was talking about is freeze dried and shelf stable...while others like the 30-400billion cfu need to be refrigerated at all times bc they are not freeze dried.

What is the inside scoop?
    I think all of Garden of Life's probiotics are ok sitting in a closet if I recall correctly. These things don't die that easily since they do have to survive your gut environment after all. That's at least what I hear Garden of Life saying, and it makes sense. Probiotics are made from fermentation (or, they are the reason for fermentation), last time I checked, you don't ferment most things in a fridge. You ferment things so that they don't need a fridge.

Honestly, I don't think they've ever done experiments on what's the best way to store these things. The biggest issue is with packaging. Many products say that hey have X numbe live organisms count but often a big part of that dies in the process of being packaged. I think Garden of Life guarantees the live count stated on the bottle.

For all those interested, there's a microbiology podcast on iTunes, it's pretty great listening when you have the time. All they talk about is the science of bacteria. No products talk, just pure science discussion on the topic of bacteria.

4. I'm looking prices for garden of life Primal Defense ULTRA in UK and they all claim over $100 for 180 caps bottle when US sellers have it for around $40.

How can price difference be 150% when most supplement in UK cost usually around 60% more hmm?!?

If we'd say extra 20% is shipping from US to UK than another 20% for VAT and Uk seller wants to make 30% that's still only 70% extra BUT 150% more that's a rip off.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Again..not here to argue...you can believe what you want. I have acid reflux disease I have researched my ass off trying to find the right combination of supplements, homeopathy and diet so that I can get off nexium. Which I have successfully done after being on it for three years. So if you think I'm just going off of hear say you are mistaken. If you're that invested use Google its not that difficult. I'm not going to look for studies and evidence and all that I'm on my phone
    Wanting to get off pharmaceuticals..very admirable.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
    •   

6. Decided to try the Primal Defense Ultra. Thanks all. My goal is to stop or reduce a bloating condition with only my stomach area. I think it's a food allergy but thinking a digestion related one, hence the probiotics. I've been researching this issue for a while and decided to give probiotics a try first then start eliminating foods.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Decided to try the Primal Defense Ultra. Thanks all. My goal is to stop or reduce a bloating condition with only my stomach area. I think it's a food allergy but thinking a digestion related one, hence the probiotics. I've been researching this issue for a while and decided to give probiotics a try first then start eliminating foods.
    Good choice broski. Don't forget your veggies and fruits for the fiber.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bakerwil View Post
    That's for acid reflux right? It has great ratings on many sites and a great price too!
    Yessir. Super cheap. Super effective.

9. Ultimate Flora pills are a solid one a day probiotic as is Bio-K which is a quick drink/shot of probiotic infusion. Also inner-echo is a natural probiotic coconut kefir drink, good to have in the fridge and take a swag twice a day with meals.

10. Evomuse Gut Health without a doubt,it is a staple for me!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

11. Well, I ordered Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra 90 caps and should get it on Monday.

You living in US are so lucky not having to pay 20% VAT like we do in EU and now even UK sellers have to add 12.5% UK tax on any product so we Europeans are paying double price compared to US clients.

Wanted to test this probiotic so choose to order from UK to get it in a week - compared ordering from US that take up to a month so next time I'm probably ordering from US.

If this product won't work amazing on me then I'm willing to try Gut Health.

12. Quote Originally Posted by ahh123 View Post
    Well, I ordered Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra 90 caps and should get it on Monday.

You living in US are so lucky not having to pay 20% VAT like we do in EU and now even UK sellers have to add 12.5% UK tax on any product so we Europeans are paying double price compared to US clients.

Wanted to test this probiotic so choose to order from UK to get it in a week - compared ordering from US that take up to a month so next time I'm probably ordering from US.

If this product won't work amazing on me then I'm willing to try Gut Health.
    Wow. Shockingly expensive for you guys. Lol.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Probiotics
    By crader in forum Supplements
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 09:17 AM
  2. Should probiotics be taken with antibiotics?
    By spinn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 10:26 PM
  3. Probiotic Testers Wanted
    By dsade in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 12:36 AM
  4. Probiotic Defense Powder.
    By pistonpump in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 11:47 PM
  5. probiotics