Coop's Corner #4: Alpha-2 Antagonism? Yes Please.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Awesome info coop, I have been looking into yohimbine HCL for a while now and finally pulled the trigger to get some in combination with Forskolin.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

We're all witnesses.

3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  151 lbs.

Thanks Coop and Synapsin, very informative.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    The issue is that yohimbine increases the production of catecholamines and also blocks subsequent catecholamine metabolism. In principle, you should also avoid supplements or foods that contain high amounts of phenylalanine.

Crap, I've been mixing Oep Powder and focus xt. Also Oep Powder and Enhanced. No wonder I have been feeling extra jitters!
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  5. Registered User

Guess I'll save the Focus xt until I finish the Oep Powder and enhanced. Or vice/versa.
    S.N.S. Rep

6. Registered User

Damn, I had been using Tyrosine with Yohimbine before. Thanks for the info. Great thread.
  7. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spindletop View Post
    I recently tried a few fat burners from various companies, including Alphamine. All had some kind of yohimbine or rauwolscine in them. I got headaches from all of them, and generally felt awful while they were in my system. My heart rate didn't go way up or anything, but it made me *feel* hypertensive. The only one that didn't make me feel like that was Red Acid Reborn, but it still gave me enough of a headache that I wouldn't want to deal with the effects daily, or hit the gym while I was taking it.

I know that caffeine isn't the problem because I drink a good amount of coffee daily, and I can take (yohimbine-free) PWOs without any issue. Is this a normal response to the dosages of yohimbine common in these kinds of products?

Oh, and kudos to you guys and other companies willing to send out samples of these kinds of products so we can figure out if they work for our bodies before we buy them. I know now that I won't be buying any Alphamine in the future (unless the UK version starts selling for the same price as the US version on NP), but I did get three bottles of Forskolin 95 in the mail yesterday. ;-)
    http://pescience.com/alphamine-int.html

It sounds like you just generally have a very low tolerance to a2-antagonists. Like said in this thread, check to see what else you are supplementing with. Anything with tyrosine or tyramine? Are you eating a lot of cheese?
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  164 lbs.

so what alpha-2 antagonists are you guys using?
    where from and how much, im interested!!

currently my only source of yohimbine is from oxyelite powder and AAv2
    if im really good at tolerating yohimbine, would waxing the dosage increase effectiveness? maybe not effectiveness but would it result in more fat cells lost or shrink or whatever it is that happens that make you look leaner.
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bananaClip View Post
    so what alpha-2 antagonists are you guys using?
    where from and how much, im interested!!

currently my only source of yohimbine is from oxyelite powder and AAv2
    if im really good at tolerating yohimbine, would waxing the dosage increase effectiveness? maybe not effectiveness but would it result in more fat cells lost or shrink or whatever it is that happens that make you look leaner.
    Yes, but you want to stay safe above all. The thing about pure yohimbine hcl is the extremely narrow therapeutic index. You can go from 15mg to 20mg and suddenly your world has been rocked
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  151 lbs.

Sorry if this seems like its off topic, and if I'm still very new to AM. Trying to learn as much as possible.

Hey coop and anyone else with input, I take a "wakefulness aid" called modafinil to keep me awake most days, its hard staying awake while working 40-50 hrs a week and taking 15 credit hours in college. Yesterday I took my Modafinil and an hour later mixed a scoop of OEP powder(which has Yohimbine in it.). I only drank half of what I mixed, then my energy was out of control. I rode my bike 20 miles in record time. this made me very curious. I was reading up on modafinil and it said: "Modafinil has central alpha 1-adrenergic agonist effects i.e. it directly stimulates the receptors." http://modafinil.com/ 3rd paragraph down. My question is, is it synergistic? or the opposite? would it be is it safe to mix the two?! not asking for medical advice or trying to have you guys answer as a medical professional, just trying to learn if mixing an alpha 1-adrenergic agonist with an alpha-2 antagonist would have an effect on each other. Just here to learn. Thanks -Luke
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lpfleiderer View Post
    Sorry if this seems like its off topic, and if I'm still very new to AM. Trying to learn as much as possible.

Hey coop and anyone else with input, I take a "wakefulness aid" called modafinil to keep me awake most days, its hard staying awake while working 40-50 hrs a week and taking 15 credit hours in college. Yesterday I took my Modafinil and an hour later mixed a scoop of OEP powder(which has Yohimbine in it.). I only drank half of what I mixed, then my energy was out of control. I rode my bike 20 miles in record time. this made me very curious. I was reading up on modafinil and it said: "Modafinil has central alpha 1-adrenergic agonist effects i.e. it directly stimulates the receptors." http://modafinil.com/ 3rd paragraph down. My question is, is it synergistic? or the opposite? would it be is it safe to mix the two?! not asking for medical advice or trying to have you guys answer as a medical professional, just trying to learn if mixing an alpha 1-adrenergic agonist with an alpha-2 antagonist would have an effect on each other. Just here to learn. Thanks -Luke
    An alpha 1 agonist would promote wakefulness, but yohimbine hcl has very little affinity for the alpha 1 receptor (wherein it would antagonize it and create a subtractive effect). Modafinil in general is not fully understood and I wouldn't combine any supplement with it. I also don't recommend using modafinil simply because you have a heavy workload, for financial reasons and otherwise. Caffeine is plenty effective and actually very healthy, neurologically speaking
  12. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Coop. I tried messaging you on an idea for coopers corner
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately, some users will experience these effects from alpha-2 antagonists due to excessive adrenergic stimulation. It won't matter which alpha-2 antagonist you use, the story will be the same. Your only real hope is the tolerance that develops with continued use. There's evidence that the adrenergic effects diminish with time while lipolysis actually stays constant
    I'm just curious, is the dosing scheme like beta-antagonists, 3weeks on, then 3weeks off because of receptor down regulation? If so, how could I build a tolerance to the adrenergic effect and be on it long enough for significant fat loss?
    William Llewellyn's Anabolics, Underground Anabolics, and SSRG ebook editions!
  14. Registered User

Thread is gold.
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Patuba View Post
    I'm just curious, is the dosing scheme like beta-antagonists, 3weeks on, then 3weeks off because of receptor down regulation? If so, how could I build a tolerance to the adrenergic effect and be on it long enough for significant fat loss?
    This applies to virtually no beta agonists outside of clen (due to the multi-day halflife). Yohimbine has shown a diminished side effect profile with continued lipolysis with prolonged use, similar to ephedrine (a beta agonist).
  16. Registered User

What about Boerhaavia diffusa and its effect on the alpha-2 receptor?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post

It sounds like you just generally have a very low tolerance to a2-antagonists. Like said in this thread, check to see what else you are supplementing with. Anything with tyrosine or tyramine? Are you eating a lot of cheese?
    Nothing else besides creatine, especially on the days I took the yohimbe products. And no, I don't eat lots of cheese. I think I'm just sensitive. No big deal, and again, thanks for providing samples so I could test it in advance.
  18. Registered User

So after using enhanced since the day it came out for 2-3 days a week, you think I should try alphamine again?. Alphamine always made me jittery/nervous, even at .25 dosage.
    S.N.S. Rep

19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  235 lbs.

This applies to virtually no beta agonists outside of clen (due to the multi-day halflife). Yohimbine has shown a diminished side effect profile with continued lipolysis with prolonged use, similar to ephedrine (a beta agonist).
    Whats the longest you would advise taking a yohimbine product? EC stack? ECY stack?
  20. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So after using enhanced since the day it came out for 2-3 days a week, you think I should try alphamine again?. Alphamine always made me jittery/nervous, even at .25 dosage.
    Different extracts for different purposes
    Quote Originally Posted by McBurly View Post
    Whats the longest you would advise taking a yohimbine product? EC stack? ECY stack?
    I'd say a max of 8 weeks for yohimbine. EC safety studies go up to 6 months
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Ive noticed the longer I use yohimbe consistently the less I feel jittery. But the rate of fat loss continues
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Coop any potential dangers in light alcohol consumption, specifically red wine a few hours after dosing yohimbe? Any interaction with the alcohol or sulfites?
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  23. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Coop any potential dangers in light alcohol consumption, specifically red wine a few hours after dosing yohimbe? Any interaction with the alcohol or sulfites?
    Alcohol, as an activator of AMPK, may potentiate the fat loss effects of yohimbe (in the absence of any other macronutrients)
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Alcohol, as an activator of AMPK, may potentiate the fat loss effects of yohimbe (in the absence of any other macronutrients)
    I'll be adding a few shots of Jameson to my pre AM cardio Alphamine
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
  25. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Bam. Time to drink my captain
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
  26. Registered User

I'll be adding a few shots of Jameson to my pre AM cardio Alphamine
    Fasted, drunk cardio.

Definitely inspiration for my next YouTube video. Should be hilarious.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Sweet thread Coop
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post

Fasted, drunk cardio.

Definitely inspiration for my next YouTube video. Should be hilarious.
    Vids or its not real
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

So far I've learned a ton from all Coop's Corner threads. Please keep it up!
  30. Registered User

what would be considered 'higher than yohimbine' dosages for the rauwolscine?
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by googlealchemi View Post
    what would be considered 'higher than yohimbine' dosages for the rauwolscine?
    Wondering about this myself . I have a few bottles of AlphaBurn from EvoMuse
  32. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dollar662 View Post

Wondering about this myself . I have a few bottles of AlphaBurn from EvoMuse
    3x the amount

3mg yohimbine = 9mg alpha y IMO

Just my preference
  33. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

What kind of wine do you drink?

I prefer a shiraz-cabernet blend myself. Pair with some goudad and olives for an appetizer followed by some steak and grilled brussels sprouts... damn now im hungry!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Is yohimbine okay to take with ECA? If so, and if utilizing the proper eca protocol (25e, 200c, 81a) what would be the proper dose for y?
  35. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    Is yohimbine okay to take with ECA? If so, and if utilizing the proper eca protocol (25e, 200c, 81a) what would be the proper dose for y?
    Some do but it isnt really recommended because of the combinations interaction on heart rate and blood pressue.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    3x the amount

3mg yohimbine = 9mg alpha y IMO

Just my preference
    thanks for feedback.. Alpha burn is 30mg at 30% rauwolscine or 9MG ..looking at what you had listed in your example its a perfect dose. For someone 210lbs would that come out to 2pills a day total 18mg?
  37. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

thanks for feedback.. Alpha burn is 30mg at 30% rauwolscine or 9MG ..looking at what you had listed in your example its a perfect dose. For someone 210lbs would that come out to 2pills a day total 18mg?
    Well so is adipose annihilation v2 per 2 capsules
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Well so is adipose annihilation v2 per 2 capsules
    Was more asking if that would be correct dose 2 pills a day. I haven't tried AA but its on my short list to try. 2 caps of that is 18mg also ?
  39. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Was more asking if that would be correct dose 2 pills a day. I haven't tried AA but its on my short list to try. 2 caps of that is 18mg also ?
    Yes sir

It's actually a tad more since it extracted to 36%

And it's non stim also so it compliments it well. Just saying
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

What brand yohimbe do y'all buy? The 2% bark extract yohimbe any good?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Coop's Corner #1: Forskolin + B-agonists
    By mr.cooper69 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 305
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 11:54 AM
  2. Coop's Corner #2: L-Norvaline?
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 03:23 AM
  3. Coop's Corner #3: So you want vascularity?
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 12:14 AM
  4. High volume yes please!
    By Nico1 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 10:52 AM
  5. Sulbutiamine! Yes Please & Thank you!
    By Boatcop1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 05:25 AM