Don't fight it-Combine it! the Science is WHEY better - AnabolicMinds.com

Don't fight it-Combine it! the Science is WHEY better

1. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Don't fight it-Combine it! the Science is WHEY better

Some real good reading for those hanging on for dear life to their Whey only protein!

Casein and Whey.pdf

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have seen people suggesting blends alot in the past year or so. I just buy whatever tastes good and mix with Milk. :P
  3. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by blacklac View Post
    I have seen people suggesting blends alot in the past year or so. I just buy whatever tastes good and mix with Milk. :P
    how much milk?
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

an 8oz glass of milk has about 6.4g of casein is what I'm finding, accurate though?
    How much casein is generally recommend to consume with whey to help offset the whey from being denatured? Which is the reason, if I recall to consume them both together...?
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Anywhere from 8-16oz, depends on how thick it mixes.
  6. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by blacklac View Post
    Anywhere from 8-16oz, depends on how thick it mixes.
    I love milk and if you can tolerate the fat and carbs with the lower protein content at 16 ounces, you have a great mix..Milk is expensive source of protein in comparison to MPI
  7. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Milk is an expensive source of protein but it tastes so good. I go with taste when it comes to whey. That's important to me. I also like ice cream flavors the most.
  8. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Milk is an expensive source of protein but it tastes so good. I go with taste when it comes to whey. That's important to me. I also like ice cream flavors the most.
    OxyElite Protein has about the equivalent of 17-19ounces of milk without the fat and lactose and tastes AMAZING in water....
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Yeah I'm not sure why people don't gravitate towards MPI more, it's significantly cheaper than milk, whey, or casein on a gram per gram basis.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  10. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post

OxyElite Protein has about the equivalent of 17-19ounces of milk without the fat and lactose and tastes AMAZING in water....
    Loving the chocolate
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  11. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I used to drink lots of milk as my protein. Then i stopped and realized how bloated it was making me from the lactose. I was using skim milk

I also always had a bad complexion and since I stopped drinking all that milk my skin is much clearer

There's actually a lot of data on milk and acne

Milk protein isolate though, is my newest best friend
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  12. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    I used to drink lots of milk as my protein. Then i stopped and realized how bloated it was making me from the lactose. I was using skim milk

I also always had a bad complexion and since I stopped drinking all that milk my skin is much clearer

Same, haven't drank much milk for the past year
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure why people don't gravitate towards MPI more, it's significantly cheaper than milk, whey, or casein on a gram per gram basis.
    Not sure I've seen MPI (standalone) being sold, at least that I was paying attention to...Any off the top of your head you might go with?
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  14. Board Sponsor

Whey Concentrate 80 is generally cheaper than Milk protein concentrate with MPI being somewhere in the middle. With the yogurt companies now using MPI, the price is rising and if the popularity hits our industry, it will just get more expensive.

the downfall of commodities...
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Whey Concentrate 80 is generally cheaper than Milk protein concentrate with MPI being somewhere in the middle. With the yogurt companies now using MPI, the price is rising and if the popularity hits our industry, it will just get more expensive.

the downfall of commodities...
    WPC 80 cheaper than MPI from the same American manufacturer?

e.g. WPC 80 from Davisco would be typically cheaper than MPI from davisco?

Odd, from sites I've seen selling semi-bulk supplies MPI was always cheaper.

Why are yogurt companies using MPI, aren't they usually subsidies of dairy companies?
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  16. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Why are yogurt companies using MPI, aren't they usually subsidies of dairy companies?
    That is just because that their stock of protein was purchased when it was the other way around, and they are still working through the inventory

I believe MPI is being used up by yogurt companies due to the increasing popularity of greek yogurt over standard yogurt
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  17. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post

You should have listened to me sooner.

/smug.jpg
    PES Representative
    http://selectprotein.com
  18. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I gotta get around to giving the oxy elite protein a try. Waiting for my current stock to run out.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  19. Board Sponsor

There are several MPI suppliers. they use MPI to boost protein content in greek yogurt.

I'm told if a product takes off companies need to buy from each other to keep up with demand.
  20. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I gotta get around to giving the oxy elite protein a try. Waiting for my current stock to run out.
    PM over your address
  21. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

PM over your address
    PM sent, thank you!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

What would be the best pure protein option not including branded protein.

Micellar Casein? Casein Hydrolysate? WPI? Any others?

Thanks.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What M1D is and isn't...the science behind it
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 09:19 PM
  2. Sweet Revenge (it's in the brain)
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 09:27 PM
  3. Crazy Intense dreams, Could it be from the cycle?
    By NickyNoNames in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 11:11 PM
  4. its time for the larivee clip again
    By Cursed in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 01:26 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 01:26 PM