Don't fight it-Combine it! the Science is WHEY better

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I have seen people suggesting blends alot in the past year or so. I just buy whatever tastes good and mix with Milk. :p

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
an 8oz glass of milk has about 6.4g of casein is what I'm finding, accurate though?
How much casein is generally recommend to consume with whey to help offset the whey from being denatured? Which is the reason, if I recall to consume them both together...?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Anywhere from 8-16oz, depends on how thick it mixes.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anywhere from 8-16oz, depends on how thick it mixes.
I love milk and if you can tolerate the fat and carbs with the lower protein content at 16 ounces, you have a great mix..Milk is expensive source of protein in comparison to MPI

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Milk is an expensive source of protein but it tastes so good. I go with taste when it comes to whey. That's important to me. I also like ice cream flavors the most.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milk is an expensive source of protein but it tastes so good. I go with taste when it comes to whey. That's important to me. I also like ice cream flavors the most.
OxyElite Protein has about the equivalent of 17-19ounces of milk without the fat and lactose and tastes AMAZING in water....

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I'm not sure why people don't gravitate towards MPI more, it's significantly cheaper than milk, whey, or casein on a gram per gram basis.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
OxyElite Protein has about the equivalent of 17-19ounces of milk without the fat and lactose and tastes AMAZING in water....
Loving the chocolate

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to drink lots of milk as my protein. Then i stopped and realized how bloated it was making me from the lactose. I was using skim milk

I also always had a bad complexion and since I stopped drinking all that milk my skin is much clearer

There's actually a lot of data on milk and acne

Milk protein isolate though, is my newest best friend

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I used to drink lots of milk as my protein. Then i stopped and realized how bloated it was making me from the lactose. I was using skim milk

I also always had a bad complexion and since I stopped drinking all that milk my skin is much clearer

Same, haven't drank much milk for the past year

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I'm not sure why people don't gravitate towards MPI more, it's significantly cheaper than milk, whey, or casein on a gram per gram basis.
Not sure I've seen MPI (standalone) being sold, at least that I was paying attention to...Any off the top of your head you might go with?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whey Concentrate 80 is generally cheaper than Milk protein concentrate with MPI being somewhere in the middle. With the yogurt companies now using MPI, the price is rising and if the popularity hits our industry, it will just get more expensive.

the downfall of commodities...

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whey Concentrate 80 is generally cheaper than Milk protein concentrate with MPI being somewhere in the middle. With the yogurt companies now using MPI, the price is rising and if the popularity hits our industry, it will just get more expensive.

the downfall of commodities...
WPC 80 cheaper than MPI from the same American manufacturer?

e.g. WPC 80 from Davisco would be typically cheaper than MPI from davisco?

Odd, from sites I've seen selling semi-bulk supplies MPI was always cheaper.

Why are yogurt companies using MPI, aren't they usually subsidies of dairy companies?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Why are yogurt companies using MPI, aren't they usually subsidies of dairy companies?
That is just because that their stock of protein was purchased when it was the other way around, and they are still working through the inventory

I believe MPI is being used up by yogurt companies due to the increasing popularity of greek yogurt over standard yogurt

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You should have listened to me sooner.

/smug.jpg

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gotta get around to giving the oxy elite protein a try. Waiting for my current stock to run out.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

There are several MPI suppliers. they use MPI to boost protein content in greek yogurt.

I'm told if a product takes off companies need to buy from each other to keep up with demand.

Philosophy

Philosophy

Awards
  • Established
What would be the best pure protein option not including branded protein.

Micellar Casein? Casein Hydrolysate? WPI? Any others?

Thanks.