Beverly UMP vs Oxyelite Protein

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In the market for a chocolate whey blend and I haven't tried these two proteins yet. Reviews seem to be solid for both. Which whey should I get?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't go wrong with either. OEP has a better (if not the best) profile, UMP is tastier (but not the better profile and also has the lowest protein content).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The CNC has an amazing flavor.

Personally I prefer a "cleaner" protein so I don't buy Beverly too often anymore.
How is beverly not "Clean"?

Looks like a VERY clean and solid profile. Not a profile that is laced with Taurine/glycine like half the market and their protein powders.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How is beverly not "Clean"?

Looks like a VERY clean and solid profile. Not a profile that is laced with Taurine/glycine like half the market and their protein powders.
^ Agreed.

I was wondering about the "clean" comment as well. Lulz.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Its not a Taurine/Glycine filled product, you actually get whats on Beverly's Label.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
That is not the list of ingredients. Here is the ingredient list for chocolate:

"Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Sunflower Oil, Sodium Caseinate, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Soy Fiber, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Citrate, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Salt, Maltodextrin, Gum Arabic, Soy Lecithin, Mono- And Diglycerides, Sucralose, Acesulfame-K, Potassium Phosphate, Borage Oil, Silicon Dioxide, And Tocopherols (Added To Protect Flavor)."

I do not consider a protein powder with Mono- And Diglycerides clean and I have mixed feeling about Sodium Caseinate.

Agreed it is better than some of the other options but not clean IMO.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
That is not the list of ingredients. Here is the ingredient list for chocolate:

"Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Sunflower Oil, Sodium Caseinate, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Soy Fiber, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Citrate, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Salt, Maltodextrin, Gum Arabic, Soy Lecithin, Mono- And Diglycerides, Sucralose, Acesulfame-K, Potassium Phosphate, Borage Oil, Silicon Dioxide, And Tocopherols (Added To Protect Flavor)."

I do not consider a protein powder with Mono- And Diglycerides clean and I have mixed feeling about Sodium Caseinate.

Agreed it is better than some of the other options but not clean IMO.
Agreed, I can do without the trans fats. Go with Oxyelite Protein. Best protein sources money can buy and amazing taste to boot

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for all the replies.

Went with Oxyelite Protein.

Now just waiting on that PES protein next...

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies.

Went with Oxyelite Protein.

Now just waiting on that PES protein next...
Thanks for the support man. Let us know what you think.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just tried the Milk Chocolate Oxyelite Protein. It's one of the best chocolate proteins I've ever had. I always mix a scoop of SNS Leucine in my protein drinks and usually this makes the flavor of the protein taste a little off but this protein still tasted really good with the added leucine.

^^ I am already a PES Insider. Just waiting for that next email!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Just tried the Milk Chocolate Oxyelite Protein. It's one of the best chocolate proteins I've ever had. I always mix a scoop of SNS Leucine in my protein drinks and usually this makes the flavor of the protein taste a little off but this protein still tasted really good with the added leucine.

Current protein of choice: Oxyelite chocolate
Currently adding: SNS leucine

great minds think alike!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Awesome bud. I thought you'd like it. :)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It gets no better than Beverly when it comes to proteins (imo).

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stuff is taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasty.
Absolutely, on taste beverly ump and xtreme up2.0 are in a league far above anything else Ive tried.

As far as ump flavor recommendations: Cookies n creme and chocolate are my favs, havent tried vanilla as Im not much of a fan and the rocky road was ok.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Absolutely, on taste beverly ump and xtreme up2.0 are in a league far above anything else Ive tried.

As far as ump flavor recommendations: Cookies n creme and chocolate are my favs, havent tried vanilla as Im not much of a fan and the rocky road was ok.
Agreed 100% currently have a 2lb chocolate open. A beverly rep lives in my hometown.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I really enjoyed the Rocky Road UMP :p Actually tastes like Rocky Road to me.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Personally, I really enjoyed the Rocky Road UMP :p Actually tastes like Rocky Road to me.
I have never had it, but what would you say is better San Titanium or Beverly Rocky Road? i have not tried either.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never had it, but what would you say is better San Titanium or Beverly Rocky Road? i have not tried either.
I bought the graham cracker Titanium at the end (I like that one, it's a tasty protein), so have yet to try the Titanium Rocky Road. Let me finish the other tub of PROnom in my closet and I'll get on the Titanium Rocky Road to make a comparison :D Will take awhile, going through Pro-Antium as well right now. LoL.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought SAN Titanium chocolate graham cracker was just okay. I wouldn't buy it again. Vasolate is my fav choc protein but that's more of a before bedtime blend.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought SAN Titanium chocolate graham cracker was just okay. I wouldn't buy it again. Vasolate is my fav choc protein but that's more of a before bedtime blend.
For an all whey blend without much in terms of added fats and filler, the Titanium Chocolate Graham wasn't bad at all ;)

Cor Whey Cinnamon Swirl is still probably my current favourite for an all whey protein powder.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For an all whey blend without much in terms of added fats and filler, the Titanium Chocolate Graham wasn't bad at all ;)

Cor Whey Cinnamon Swirl is still probably my current favourite for an all whey protein powder.
I still need to try the Cor whey. I've read good things and the profile looks decent. XP 2.0 Cinnamon Roll is my fav cinnamon protein that I've tried so far.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This stuff is awesome. I really love it. I use it all the time and make sure to stack it with something good too. It works by itself but it's better when stacked with something.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still need to try the Cor whey. I've read good things and the profile looks decent. XP 2.0 Cinnamon Roll is my fav cinnamon protein that I've tried so far.
Depends how you feel about all whey proteins. They tend to be thinner in texture unless there's some added fats or emulsifiers. Your current favourite Vasolate is heavy on the casein. XF UP also has a decent amount of casein and then flavoured with a good amount of healthy fats and maltodexterin, which makes it taste delicious.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
This stuff is awesome. I really love it. I use it all the time and make sure to stack it with something good too. It works by itself but it's better when stacked with something.
I do the same. I've found that most whey blends are practically useless unless stacked with something good. What are a few good things to stack with if I'm looking for good gains and some fat loss?

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards

Frosty415

Awards
Ump and XF 2.0 are on a different level compared to others.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ump and XF 2.0 are on a different level compared to others.
absolutely, Ive tried all the others who claim best taste... havent found anything close to either of these two (especially in long term taste satisfaction, I never get sick of their flavors).