How much vitamin C is too much?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

I've been looking at studies all night now bc this is bugging the sht outta me. I've concluded that nobody fcking knows. Some say to take 1000mg with post workout meal (30-60 minute post training) others say to avoid chronic "mega dosing" all together and yet do not define what that would even be.. I know I've been growing and getting stronger despite taking 1000mg w my post work out meal.. So idk what to believe.

Also studies showing it improves t levels.

Also there r studies showing how C blocks the body from improving insulin sensitivity as a result of adaptions from intense exercise... How C blocks the responses in certain proteins that cause the body to become more sensitive to insulin. These studies suggested waiting an hour post workout so the free radicals are able to do what they're supposed to, then u can take the C to clear them out....
    Go to the data source and they'll tell you the doses that constitute mega dosing. I can't recall as i've since concluded that I have zero need to supplement with Vit C.

Also stronger is different to a hypertropic response. You can still grow dosing Vit C post workout, but it can hinder your growth potential. I'd have to be near a comp to dig up the data I have
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

2. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I've been looking at studies all night now bc this is bugging the sht outta me. I've concluded that nobody fcking knows. Some say to take 1000mg with post workout meal (30-60 minute post training) others say to avoid chronic "mega dosing" all together and yet do not define what that would even be.. I know I've been growing and getting stronger despite taking 1000mg w my post work out meal.. So idk what to believe.

Also studies showing it improves t levels.

Also there r studies showing how C blocks the body from improving insulin sensitivity as a result of adaptations from intense exercise... How C blocks the responses in certain proteins that cause the body to become more sensitive to insulin. These studies suggested waiting an hour post workout so the free radicals are able to do what they're supposed to, then u can take the C to clear them out....
    Ok, this time look at studies, not people's opinions, and come back with a conclusion. Nobody "____" knows because you aren't looking at hard science...you're looking at opinions.

And please. I know you are smarter than to say "I'm growing while doing this, therefore it works."

I'll make it simple in this case: don't dose it periworkout. Don't exceed 500mg in a single dose. And do not even bother using it unless you are overtrained, recovering from some sort of collagenous injury, eat virtually no fruits/veggies, use nitrate salts, or have endothelial dysfunction
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

Ok, this time look at studies, not people's opinions, and come back with a conclusion. Nobody "____" knows because you aren't looking at hard science...you're looking at opinions.

And please. I know you are smarter than to say "I'm growing while doing this, therefore it works."

I'll make it simple in this case: don't dose it periworkout. Don't exceed 500mg in a single dose. And do not even bother using it unless you are overtrained, recovering from some sort of collagenous injury, eat virtually no fruits/veggies, use nitrate salts, or have endothelial dysfunction
    I'm using condense at the moment (nitrate salt) and have horrible recovery from all my past health issues.
    Thank u for the simplification; I can do that.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How much protein powder is too much?
    By Benjamin1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 01:12 AM
  2. how much creatine daily is too much?
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 06:57 PM
  3. Protein Limits - How much is too much?
    By Technics in forum Weight Loss
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 09:00 PM
  4. How much fat is too much?
    By conversekidz in forum Weight Loss
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 06:00 PM
  5. How much protien is too much at one time!!!
    By curt2go in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 07:56 PM