Coop's Corner #1: Forskolin + B-agonists

Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I would hazard a guess to say dosing all at the same time would increase risk of GI side effects to those susceptible to them.

I haven't tried it to confirm or deny though.
    Perhaps...however I've dosed ~112mg all at one time for nearly 3 weeks...no issues for me...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.54%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

No way will I dose all at once. Especially if taking it with Alphamine. The toilet will definitely be your best friend. Better to space them out 2-3 x per day.

My fav dosing is;
    25mg am with 1 scoop of Alphamine
    50mg pm with 2 scoops Alphamine (pre workout)
    25mg before bed

At that dosage I still get some GI distress. But it's manageable lol
    [/COLOR]I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.14%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

I have had no issues 75 mg at once, with additional doses later in the day from ABE
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Testament to the benefits of a 95% extract.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.41%

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I would hazard a guess to say dosing all at the same time would increase risk of GI side effects to those susceptible to them.

I haven't tried it to confirm or deny though.
    Tried today before I asked the question lol - and no problem at all at 75mg - and on an empty stomach with no food until about 4 hours later.
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Stay tuned for Coop's Corner #5 during the first week in october...a TMN exclusive!
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Stay tuned for Coop's Corner #5 during the first week in october...a TMN exclusive!
    Topic, or too soon to ask?
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Topic, or too soon to ask?
    Given the preponderance of protein intake, protein source, protein timing threads, and given how important protein is relative to other supplements, I'm thinking protein
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.14%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Given the preponderance of protein intake, protein source, protein timing threads, and given how important protein is relative to other supplements, I'm thinking protein
    Definitely in for this, I get the feeling this Coop's Corner will be a hint to us PES lovers about your angle taken with the soon to be released protein powder
    Athletix Representative
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Oooh, a precursor to the PES Protein write up...then release? I'm in
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.6%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Hope that this is not the cause of the slight PES protein release :P
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Anyone have heard of or tried the Forskolin from New You Vitamins? Was a great price so picked up a bottle - 1 cap is 250mg coleus at 20% yielding 50mg Forskolin... Been taking on avg 4 caps spread throughout the day and am leaning out but that could just be due to reduced calories and alphamine. No GI distress either so dont really know how its working.. Anyone know this Co.?
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Definitely in for this, I get the feeling this Coop's Corner will be a hint to us PES lovers about your angle taken with the soon to be released protein powder
    Good call!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.56%

ActivessenceŽ (a patented enzyme
    activation system-Cellulase, Pectinase, Hemicellulase and Xylanase) (forskolin-liberating enzymes)

Thoughts
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.41%

Want to stack forskolin95 with oep new version. Anybody no the amount of milligram 1 cap contains? In oep new version .
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by clarkis View Post
    Anyone have heard of or tried the Forskolin from New You Vitamins? Was a great price so picked up a bottle - 1 cap is 250mg coleus at 20% yielding 50mg Forskolin... Been taking on avg 4 caps spread throughout the day and am leaning out but that could just be due to reduced calories and alphamine. No GI distress either so dont really know how its working.. Anyone know this Co.?
    I just looked them up, pretty good price for 90 caps of 50mg (actual).
    At 2 a day, that is a 45 day supply.

Thanks for the info bro
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.6%

Quote Originally Posted by 808shredded View Post
    Want to stack forskolin95 with oep new version. Anybody no the amount of milligram 1 cap contains? In oep new version .
    Doubt u will get an exact number due to it being a prop blend.... With that being said- whatever it is, it won't be so much that u will get any sides (GI or otherwise)... Perfectly fine IMO to take up to 100mg of analyzed forskolin daily on top of the newest OEP pills.. I plan on doing so in about a month actually
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  18. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    ActivessenceŽ (a patented enzyme
    activation system-Cellulase, Pectinase, Hemicellulase and Xylanase) (forskolin-liberating enzymes)

Thoughts
    These would liberate forskolin from the plant. It would be useful in an unstandardized extract...and similarly, useless in a 95% extract
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.47%

Surprised I didn't see this thread earlier, great post Coop!

Aside from the GI discomfort at lower % extract, the general consensus seems to be positive especially administered @25-50mg. I see some people going up to 100mg in this thread, Mr.Cooper69 your thoughts?

Given the strong correlation between maximal [cAMP] and fat cell size; Would finding the maximum threshold of lipolytic sensitivity to increased cAMP levels(due to CF administration) vary amongst individuals? Basically where does the upper limit lie for person X vs person Y? Going beyond GI discomfort issues of course
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Completely FREE samples of PowerMax ​available exclusively on our website
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Veritas View Post
    Surprised I didn't see this thread earlier, great post Coop!

Aside from the GI discomfort at lower % extract, the general consensus seems to be positive especially administered @25-50mg. I see some people going up to 100mg in this thread, Mr.Cooper69 your thoughts?

Given the strong correlation between maximal [cAMP] and fat cell size; Would finding the maximum threshold of lipolytic sensitivity to increased cAMP levels(due to CF administration) vary amongst individuals? Basically where does the upper limit lie for person X vs person Y? Going beyond GI discomfort issues of course
    Thanks for the kind words bud. While an individual during a bulking phase would need more forskolin for lipolysis (fat cell size would be correlated with prior bodyfat levels, not absolute bodyfat, since adipogenesis occurs when storage is exceeded in adipocytes), the limiting factor here is actually how widespread cAMP transduction cascades are in the body. There should be a fairly stable, bell-shaped curve that describes total body adenylyl cyclase activity, and that is the dosing pattern we'd want to adhere to. For instance, cAMP causes everything from smooth muscle relaxation (if you've dosed as high as me, you've had the displeasure of a forskolin headache) to increased thyroid output to STAr upregulation to cell growth. It's even being investigated clinically for its ability to act as a positive inotrope (B1 receptor). Because of the array of systemic effects, I can't endorse anything more than the studied and safely proven doses.
  21. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.56%

Forskolin: Friend or Foe? Stories and Studies About Fat Loss, Lean Gains, Topical Cellulite Treatment, Testosterone, Cancer, Hepatotoxicity, Drug Interactions & More

There is a single human study that would suggest that forskolin would make you get closer to this classic physique w/out tons of salad (who said that's necessary anyway?).
    Since Maxim asked in one of his more recent comments about the usefulness and/or downsides of forskolin, I dediced to dedicate this Sunday (finally again?) to answering a user question and am going to briefly sum up some older and the few novel findings on forskolin I am aware of.

For those of you who find that boring: Don't blame Maxim alone, another reason for this decision was that I have seen discussions on forskolin resurface elsewhere on the Internet. By the way, I write re-surfaced, because forskolin has once been hailed as a testbooster and fat loss adjuvant, but as the prices increased and people came out with faked or low-quality products that did not yield results, the market collapsed.

What is forskolin and where does it originate from?

As usually there is more than a single answer to this question. The most straight forward general ones are probably (a) it is a white to white with yellow cast powder, or (b) a labdane diterpenoid with antihypertensive, positive inotropic, platelet aggregation inhibitory and adenylate cyclase activating properties. Moreover, forskolin is able to activate the adenylate cyclase and thus increase the intracellular cyclic AMP levels in most tissues and cells. And hat it's called forskolin, because it is derived from the Indiant plan Coleus forskohlii is probably something 99% of you knew already.

The reason I suppose that Maxim got interested in it, is that it is commonly used in cell studies to raise the levels of cyclic AMP (cAMP; cf. Alasbahi. 2012) and did a pretty impressive job in the recently discussed PGC-1a study. On the other hand, it did also increase the expression of the aromatase enzyme in the Yang study mentioned in the "Natural Sildenafil & Testosterone Alternative" post on which Maxim replied with the initially mentioned comment.

"Wait, wasn't it supposed to be a testbooster and now it also inhibits myostatin and increases estrogen? What does this stuff not do?" - Well, forskolin is, above all, a cAMP modulator

Forskolins chemical structure. Sometimes it's also referred to as Colforsin; 7-beta-acetoxy-8, 13-epoxy-1-alpha, 6-beta, 9-alpha-trihydroxylabd-14-en-11-one; or Coleonol (img. from Sigma-Aldrich's product database)
    I know that sounds confusing, but in essence forskolin does nothing but increasing cAMP levels in almost all types of cells. cAMP a breakdown product of ATP (=> cAMP => AMP) in turn is one of those molecules which exert most their effects as intracellular signal transducer. In that, it is involved in the activation of protein kinases and regulates the effects of adrenaline and glucagon. It also modulates the calcium channels and contributes to growth hormone release; unfortunately, cAMP has also been implicated in the proliferation of not very beneficial cell growth aka cancer. The same ion-flux mediation has recently been implicated in the etiology of ADHD, as well (Arnsten. 2012).Attachment 89399

Still, it's not all about c-AMP. Probably cAMP unrelated downsides of coleus forkohlii are for example:
    forskolin induces hepatic CYP2C enzymes and coleus forskohlii extract and thus attenuates the anticoagulant action of warfarin. (Yokotan. 2012)
    even more than isolated forskolin, coleus forskohlii messes with the hepatic enzyme cascade (P450) and has even been shown to be hepatoxic in a study published in the July issue of the Journal of Toxicology (Virgona. 2012)
    On the other hand there are a handful of benefits, e.g.

Figure 1: Effects of 12 weeks on 2x250mg (10%) forskolin on testosterone (free and total) and lean & fat mass (Godard. 2005)
    In a 2005 study (Godard. 2005), which caused quite a stir in the health and fitness community back then, Godard et al. observed profound beneficial effects of testosterone and body composition (cf. figure 1) after the ingestion of 2x250mg of a 10% standardized forskolin (Forslean). Attachment 89398

Now, the unfortunate truth is that the15 subjects (average age, BMI, and body fat percent were 24.4 +/- 5.9 years, 32.5 +/- 4.1 kg/m2 , and 35.2 +/- 8.3%) who had been randomized to the active arm of the study, and the 15 participants in the placebo arm (28.7 +/- 8.6 years, 32.6 +/- 3.8 kg/m2 , and 35.0 +/- 7.3%) were non-active sedentary overweight/obese (BMI 26 kg/m2 or more) individuals. Add the funding by Sabinsa (Forslean producer) to the equation and decide for yourself how relevant you think the results are going to be for you...
    In several in-vitro studies, forskolin has been used as a positive control to compare the effects of other compounds on the testosterone release in leydig cells. Lin et al. for example used it in 2001 as a comparison for lactate and found a ~3x increase in testosterone release in incubated leydig cells (Lin. 2001). A similar study by Yu et al. showed that the addition of green tea catechins lead to an additional stimulation of forskolin induced testosterone production in cell cultures (Yu. 2010).

Figure 2: Results of 12-week intervention w/ forskolin containing topical cream (Roure. 2011)
    As part of a topical cosmetic slimming product combining tetrahydroxypropyl ethylenediamine, caffeine, carnitine, retinol and, obviously, forskolin it has shown some promise as a topical anti-cellulite and toning agent (Roure. 2011). The clinical study was however financed by Johnson & Johnson and I am not sure how much of the effects were actually brought about by forskolin (the placebo was a basic gel with the same texture containing mainly water, gelifying and preservative systems). So take the data in figure 2 with a grain of salt, ladies - I bet 12 weeks on this product are not going to be exactly inexpensive.
    The administration of forskolin in conjunction with rutin (the glycoside between the flavonol quercetin and the disaccharide rutinose), vitamin B1 & B2 in a 2010 study by Pescosolido et. al. lead to a significant reduction in intra-ocular pressure in 15 glaucoma patients after 40 days (Pescosolido. 2010). Similar results were observed in a 2012 study for forskolin and rutin alone (Vetrugno. 2012)Attachment 89397
    An in-vitro study by Cristobal et al. provides first evidence for the ability of forskolin to restore PPA2 in acute myeloid leukemia. That would make it a potential candidate for the treatment of this type of cancer, but to my knowledge there is as of yet not even a rodent study that would support these in-vitro results. Moreover, previous studies have suggested that Forskolin may even favor the proliferation of other types of leukemia (Kobayashi. 1994)
    Time to weigh the "established" benefits and downsides

Figure 3: Effect of different doses of forskolin with and w/out epinephrine on FFA release from rat adipocytes - watch out this is from yet another in-vitro study with rodent cells (Litosch. 1982)
    In view of the fact that the aforementioned study by Godard is the only human study is only backed up by in-vitro data from rodent studies (Litosch. 1982, cf. figure 3), the fat loss benefits are as Jeukendrup et al. point out in their 2011 review of purported fat burners...
    "[...] promising, there is [yet] only one study at the present time and more work is required before forskolin can be recommended as a fat metabolism-enhancing substance." (Jeukendrup. 2011)
    If you add to this the host of wanted and unwanted, known and unknown side effects that occur in response to the coleus foskohlii induced cytochrome P450 modulation (e.g. the mice in the aforementioned study by Virgona lost some visceral fat, but the costs were increased fat deposition in the liver and elevated transaminase levels). Attachment 89400

With the questionable "fat loss" benefits (remember stress is also a powerful lypolitic and the problem is not to get the fat out of the cell, but rather to burn it), and the almost non-existant human data on the purported testosterone boosting effects, this should be reason enough not to buy more than one bottle for a test-run. After which I highly suggest to do some lab work to see if whatever good or bad you believe you are feeling is an actual boost in T (check T-levels) or hepatic side effects (check ALT, AST & ALP).

Note (update in response to comments): As far as the hepatoxicity is concerned the suggested dosage of 2x 250mg coleus forskholii most supplements come with may be higher than the medium dose in the study by Virgona, but is still probably "liver save" if you double dose on that, you are however landing in the no-man's land (=not tested for) gray zone between the medium dosage and the "danger zone" of ~49mg/kg per day (human dose equivalent) that was tested in the study. Don't freak out, if you did that in the past, the levels return to normal afterwards and temporarily elevated ALT + AST or ALP levels do not necessarily mean that your liver is whacked forever ;-)

References:
    Alasbahi RH, Melzig MF. Forskolin and derivatives as tools for studying the role of cAMP. Pharmazie. 2012 Jan;67(1):5-13.
    Arnsten AF, Jin LE. Guanfacine for the treatment of cognitive disorders: a century of discoveries at Yale. Yale J Biol Med. 2012 Mar;85(1):45-58. Epub 2012 Mar 29.
    Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR. Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men. Obes Res. 2005 Aug;13(8):1335-43.
    Jeukendrup AE, Randell R. Fat burners: nutrition supplements that increase fat metabolism. Obes Rev. 2011 Oct;12(10):841-51.
    Kobayashi K, Nishikawa M, Omay SB, Toyoda H, Deguchi K, Shirakawa S. Forskolin potentiates G-CSF-induced proliferation of a murine myeloblastic leukemia cell line. Leuk Res. 1994 Feb;18(2):111-7.
    Lin H, Wang SW, Wang RY, Wang PS. Stimulatory effect of lactate on testosterone production by rat Leydig cells. J Cell Biochem. 2001 Jun 26-Jul 25;83(1):147-54.
    Pescosolido N, Librando A. Oral administration of an association of forskolin, rutin and vitamins B1 and B2 potentiates the hypotonising effects of pharmacological treatments in POAG patients. Clin Ter. 2010;161(3):e81-5.
    Roure R, Oddos T, Rossi A, Vial F, Bertin C. Evaluation of the efficacy of a topical cosmetic slimming product combining tetrahydroxypropyl ethylenediamine, caffeine, carnitine, forskolin and retinol, In vitro, ex vivo and in vivo studies. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2011 Dec;33(6):519-26.
    Vetrugno M, Uva MG, Russo V, Iester M, Ciancaglini M, Brusini P, Centofanti M, Rossetti LM. Oral administration of forskolin and rutin contributes to intraocular pressure control in primary open angle glaucoma patients under maximum tolerated medical therapy. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2012 Oct;28(5):536-41.
    Virgona N, Taki Y, Yamada S, Umegaki K. Dietary Coleus forskohlii extract generates dose-related hepatotoxicity in mice. J Appl Toxicol. 2012 Jun 22.
    Yokotani K, Chiba T, Sato Y, Taki Y, Yamada S, Shinozuka K, Murata M, Umegaki K. Hepatic cytochrome P450 mediates interaction between warfarin and Coleus forskohlii extract in vivo and in vitro. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2012 Dec;64(12):1793-801.
    Yu PL, Pu HF, Chen SY, Wang SW, Wang PS. Effects of catechin, epicatechin and epigallocatechin gallate on testosterone production in rat leydig cells. J Cell Biochem. 2010 May 15;110(2):333-42.

Thoughts

22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.66%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Thoughts
    Are you asking a question? What are we supposed to have thoughts on, other than where you cut and pasted that article?

Plagiarism
    BOARD TYRANT
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.6%

I came across this website as well. It doesn't really prove anything negative about forskolin.

Only study cited that is of real relevance (at least in my mind) is the human one in which it shows actual positive results on testosterone and body composition. Other studies are done on rodents in vitro or are primarily focused on fat loss

The liver enzymes are blown out of proportion a bit since they don't seem to be a real danger especially when using high concentration extracts.

No point using it as a topical when you want the beneficial effects of systemic cAMP increases.

Forskolin is consistent and reliable in increasing cAMP levels in vivo. So much so, that you'll find it commonly used as a tool in many other studies to model cellular signaling mechanisms
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Yeah no prob. But im just a little skeptical since I have not had any GI problems and people are saying that is not typical of a product with only 20% forskolin. And I tend to get GI issues with supps, like pre-workouts and daa. So makes me wonder if it is working and wanted to see if anyone else heard or taken it. Anyways, let me know what you think of it.
  25. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Are you asking a question? What are we supposed to have thoughts on, other than where you cut and pasted that article?

Plagiarism
    When calling your students in on plagiarism you are boxing their ears or seeing your mug is enough to get them sorted

26. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

The long and short of it is that the author of suppversity is blatantly anti-supplement. If you read his "bottom line" for any finding, it's always the same: diet and exercise will do the same. I'm a fan of his blog and the unique studies he unsheaths, but his commentary can get irksome at times
  27. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Is forskolin (95 % extract) what's being used in Anabeta Elite
  28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Of course!
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.14%

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Both ABE and forskolin95 are top notch quality products, means more hearng this from a non-rep sometimes. Through personal exp. I have exceeded recommended amounts of both and still had no GI distress, even when stacked with b agonists
    Athletix Representative
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.99%

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Both ABE and forskolin95 are top notch quality products, means more hearng this from a non-rep sometimes. Through personal exp. I have exceeded recommended amounts of both and still had no GI distress, even when stacked with b agonists
    Agreed. And it's a shame that people don't value the opinion of PES reps as much as someone who isn't a rep for the company. Top notch products that I've never been disappointed with.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    Agreed. And it's a shame that people don't value the opinion of PES reps as much as someone who isn't a rep for the company. Top notch products that I've never been disappointed with.
    It isn't about valuing their opinion, hearing unbiased feedback from a user without a vested interest in the company has potent value. I expect reps to push products, but when I hear reputable members talk positively about a product, it boosts my interest. That is what these forums are all about.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.54%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I love PES. But all the reps and most people here markets them like crazy. It gets a little annoying lol
  33. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    I love PES. But all the reps and most people here markets them like crazy. It gets a little annoying lol
    I see where that's going. But I think coop and natty along with all the reps help people a lot more than other companies do. Nothing against others but I value each rep they have

And I can understand where your coming from if the products were not good. However I personally use their products and thoroughly enjoyed each one

Anabeta and alpha t2 being my fave
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.54%

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    I see where that's going. But I think coop and natty along with all the reps help people a lot more than other companies do. Nothing against others but I value each rep they have And I can understand where your coming from if the products were not good. However I personally use their products and thoroughly enjoyed each one Anabeta and alpha t2 being my fave
    I definitely appreciate their help and they're the most helpful out of all reps. Same here. I love PES products :-)
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.99%

Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    It isn't about valuing their opinion, hearing unbiased feedback from a user without a vested interest in the company has potent value. I expect reps to push products, but when I hear reputable members talk positively about a product, it boosts my interest. That is what these forums are all about.
    I agree with all that. However, like EBF was saying, people like Coop and Natty are among the most knowledgeable folks on this forum and simply because they happen to rep for a company that happens to make solid products, their opinions (which should be held highly given their credibility) aren't as valued as some non-rep that might come in and say the same thing.

I'm not saying their opinions aren't valued and I'm not saying their opinions should be held highest. I'm simply saying that it's a shame that their opinions sometimes appear less trustworthy to certain people because they rep for PES.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.59%

I bought some of the AS F95 a while back but after reading some other studies I'm a bit hesitant to take it. It seems that this elevates cAMP in every cell in the body, which may or may not be a good thing. For example I read something that indicated that forskolin reduces activity in the prefrontal cortex. I'm all about burning some fat, but not necessarily at the expense of cognitive function, or other issues. Does anyone know how this stuff affects cells that regulate hormones and so on? How about other negative side effects in healthy people?
  37. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Spindletop View Post
    I bought some of the AS F95 a while back but after reading some other studies I'm a bit hesitant to take it. It seems that this elevates cAMP in every cell in the body, which may or may not be a good thing. For example I read something that indicated that forskolin reduces activity in the prefrontal cortex. I'm all about burning some fat, but not necessarily at the expense of cognitive function, or other issues. Does anyone know how this stuff affects cells that regulate hormones and so on? How about other negative side effects in healthy people?
    I'm taking 100mg plus some coleus from other sources I have not seen a decline
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  38. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Spindletop View Post
    Forksolin is used as a nootropic in many stacks due to its ability to elevate cAMP. It should increase thyroid function, T levels, and free T levels.
  39. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.56%

Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    I see where that's going. But I think coop and natty along with all the reps help people a lot more than other companies do. Nothing against others but I value each rep they have

And I can understand where your coming from if the products were not good. However I personally use their products and thoroughly enjoyed each one

Anabeta and alpha t2 being my fave
    I definitely appreciate their help and they're the most helpful out of all reps. Same here. I love PES products :-)
    I agree with all that. However, like EBF was saying, people like Coop and Natty are among the most knowledgeable folks on this forum and simply because they happen to rep for a company that happens to make solid products, their opinions (which should be held highly given their credibility) aren't as valued as some non-rep that might come in and say the same thing.

I'm not saying their opinions aren't valued and I'm not saying their opinions should be held highest. I'm simply saying that it's a shame that their opinions sometimes appear less trustworthy to certain people because they rep for PES.
    Having trust all them bros other then that posh wanker bdcc

40. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.59%

Forksolin is used as a nootropic in many stacks due to its ability to elevate cAMP. It should increase thyroid function, T levels, and free T levels.
    Yeah, but those nootropic stacks all spec dosage at 5mg or less, and actually recommend against the levels most people here are taking. They also seem to be working on increasing long term memory, where increased cAMP in the brain seems to reduce working memory. And while I don't dispute what you say about thyroid function and test, shouldn't it also increase levels of insulin, aromatase, and so on through the same mechanism? What about effects on precancerous/cancerous cells? Not trying to give you a hard time-just want to understand potential long term effects, and you seem to know about this stuff.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulk Forskolin
    By TheCrownedOne in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 09:46 PM
  2. GHRP-6 agonist to accelerate healing
    By aznurse in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 05:24 PM
  3. Summer is around the corner!
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 20