Supplements Which Dont Work - AnabolicMinds.com

Supplements Which Dont Work

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. New Member

Supplements Which Dont Work

I am to propose PES Erase pro.I used it for 3months.Got nothing out of it except painfull knees.Unless someone provides peer reviewed data about its effectiveness

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lol at peer reviewed data
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by shurushuru View Post
    I am to propose PES Erase pro.I used it for 3months.Got nothing out of it except painfull knees.Unless someone provides peer reviewed data about its effectiveness
    What exactly was it that you were expecting from lowered estrogen levels? Depending on your goals, a complimentary diet and training needs to be in place. You can not out-supplement a crappy diet and/or training.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm using OG Erase now and it seems to be working just fine for me, everyone has different experiences.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Supplements are used to "supplement" that which you can not get in a normal diet. If you weren't getting any effects without the erase the erase wouldn't change that. Right now I'm cutting natty and have continually lost weight, now I'm adding in arimistane and natty test boosters to help push it over the edge. I will still be getting results, bare minimum what I got before I added it in, and the arimistane will only help, plus I love DAA lol
  6. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It isn't really a supplement, it is an AI. Erase has more than proved itself at this point.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    It isn't really a supplement, it is an AI. Erase has more than proved itself at this point.

guess who's back, back again!

I have used Erase and Erase Pro. 3 months on Erase Pro is too much IMO. Also, NO supplement will work if your diet and training is not geared towards your goals. Like, if you want to cut but you eat 4k cals a day no cardio then taking Erase Pro is pointless.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

8. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    guess who's back, back again!

I have used Erase and Erase Pro. 3 months on Erase Pro is too much IMO. Also, NO supplement will work if your diet and training is not geared towards your goals. Like, if you want to cut but you eat 4k cals a day no cardio then taking Erase Pro is pointless.
    Nice to see you R1!
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  9. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The problem is that 95% of the supplements being sold today have little or no in vivo testing. Peer review data is subjective by nature. Very few of the supplements that I have tried over the years (and they are countless) deliver as advertised and most don't deliver at all. I have had reasonably good results from most PH's. Fat loss products and many AI's are either poorly supported or underdosed. Many testosterone boosters will raise testosterone to some degree but usually not enough to result in muscular gains. Over the years, I have found a handful of products that work but the vast majority are bogus. I used to spend thusands of dollars a year on supplements, now I spend very little. However, I am forever hopeful.
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    The problem is that 95% of the supplements being sold today have little or no in vivo testing. Peer review data is subjective by nature. Very few of the supplements that I have tried over the years (and they are countless) deliver as advertised and most don't deliver at all. I have had reasonably good results from most PH's. Fat loss products and many AI's are either poorly supported or underdosed. Many testosterone boosters will raise testosterone to some degree but usually not enough to result in muscular gains. Over the years, I have found a handful of products that work but the vast majority are bogus. I used to spend thusands of dollars a year on supplements, now I spend very little. However, I am forever hopeful.
    Thanks BBB so which ones have you found effective and the ones downright worst of money?
  11. New Member

Where are you BDCC you promised to defend PES with some hopefully unrefutable data/literature. Before you do please explain if you any association eith PESE
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Where are you BDCC you promised to defend PES with some hopefully unrefutable data/literature. Before you do please explain if you any association eith PESE
    Why the hell would you run Erase for 3 months straight? You're supposed to take breaks.
    If you noticed sore knees you either were noticing the effects of an AI or you were spending too much time on your knees.

Did u lift at all while taking it?
    What was your diet like?
    Can we see your training and diet layout?
    Did you stack any test boosting supplements while on it?
    Do you regularly consume alcohol?
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  13. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I said I would contribute, yes.

If you are looking for in vivo, double blind, crossover studies for all of the supplements you take you will be diappointed.

lol at asking me to declare my position with PES. I have worked for PES for several years and it is in my signature and noticeable in my profile picture.

The reason I said you are welcome to PM me and I didn't think you were going to get the answers you were looking for was because AM is an intelligent crowd. Consumers here know the level of research which goes into supplement releases and they know the level of data you are looking for simply isn't available for many supplements.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  14. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    If you noticed sore knees you either were noticing the effects of an AI or you were spending too much time on your knees.
    LMAO.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    lol at asking me to declare my position with PES. I have worked for PES for several years and it is in my signature and noticeable in my profile picture.
    You lie. First time I've seen that profile picture as well as the sig. :P
  16. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    You lie. First time I've seen that profile picture as well as the sig. :P
    Damn, I thought I was in half decent shape.

Are you saying my flexed back isn't memorable?

Brb, phoning my psychiatrist again.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Wow. This guy is dumber than I am haha
    His post is like going into a biker bar a yelling "bikers are gay haha"
    Why not zoidberg?
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Damn, I thought I was in half decent shape.

Are you saying my flexed back isn't memorable?

Brb, phoning my psychiatrist again.
    Nah, back is fine, but you snuck the Enhanced in :P
  19. New Member

I said I would contribute, yes.

If you are looking for in vivo, double blind, crossover studies for all of the supplements you take you will be diappointed.

The reason I said you are welcome to PM me and I didn't think you were going to get the answers you were looking for was because AM is an intelligent crowd. Consumers here know the level of research which goes into supplement releases and they know the level of data you are looking for simply isn't available for many supplements.
    Dont patronise the people.Noone said they aint intelligent. ALL I asked for us data to back your claims.Saying I quote" AM is an intelligent crowd. Consumers here know the level of research which goes into supplement releases and they know the level of data you are looking for simply isn't available for many supplements." Does not in any way answers the question.And I hope people see through your not so clever way of keeping them quite.Facts are stubborn someone said
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Dont patronise the people.Noone said they aint intelligent. ALL I asked for us data to back your claims.Saying I quote" AM is an intelligent crowd. Consumers here know the level of research which goes into supplement releases and they know the level of data you are looking for simply isn't available for many supplements." Does not in any way answers the question.And I hope people see through your not so clever way of keeping them quite.Facts are stubborn someone said
    Here's the problem, myself and someone else on this thread essentially asked you a simple question: What were you expecting from Erase? You have yet to answer this question or provide information on your diet and training.

Like I said earlier, you CAN NOT out-supplement a crappy diet/training.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Sure you can haha... well not with anything legal
    Why not zoidberg?
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by macdady View Post
    Sure you can haha... well not with anything legal
    Kind of but not really. You still have to deal with the laws of thermodynamics (calories in vs calories expended), providing the proper substrates (nutrition), and providing the proper stimulus (exercise).
  23. New Member

Here's the problem, myself and someone else on this thread essentially asked you a simple question: What were you expecting from Erase? You have yet to answer this question or provide information on your diet and training.

I train 4 days a week.my diet quite good.i have experimented with various supplements but my basic stack is
    1.whey
    2.creatine
    3bcaa
    3.fish oil
    4.multi vitamin
    5.glutamine
    At the moment I have added alphamine daa to my stake.i have erase before for 3 months. Of course I was taking a break in between.i am fairly decent lifter deadlift 180kg bench 130kg squat 150kg
    I only drink one or two beers only weekends and iam 45years old
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Kind of but not really. You still have to deal with the laws of thermodynamics (calories in vs calories expended), providing the proper substrates (nutrition), and providing the proper stimulus (exercise).
    Well yeah but assuming he does at least some kind of exercise then there's a few things that can fight bad diet and routine... granted as soon as you stop any of them you'll drop right back to where you were though lol
    (I'm just arguing for fun here lol I'm not being serious in any for right now)
    Why not zoidberg?
  25. New Member

By the alphamine is fairly good.it kills the hunger pangs and gives the motivation. So there is nothing perdonal against PES.its just that PES erase pro doesnt work
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

I train 4 days a week.my diet quite good.i have experimented with various supplements but my basic stack is
    1.whey
    2.creatine
    3bcaa
    3.fish oil
    4.multi vitamin
    5.glutamine
    At the moment I have added alphamine daa to my stake.i have erase before for 3 months. Of course I was taking a break in between.i am fairly decent lifter deadlift 180kg bench 130kg squat 150kg
    I only drink one or two beers only weekends and iam 45years old
    We still know nothing about your diet and goals here. All you are telling us is that you are old and decently strong.

Again, WHAT WERE YOU EXPECTING FROM ERASE?!? Were you expecting weight loss? If so, you need to use Erase WITH a caloric deficit. Were you expecting to get stronger? AI's IMO don't really give you much in terms of strength gains. Are you trying to bulk and expecting not to get really fat from the bulk? If so, Erase does help but if you're taking in WAY too many calories on your bulk, you're STILL going to see significant fat gain.

So, what exactly were you expecting from Erase?

Well yeah but assuming he does at least some kind of exercise then there's a few things that can fight bad diet and routine... granted as soon as you stop any of them you'll drop right back to where you were though lol
    (I'm just arguing for fun here lol I'm not being serious in any for right now)
    LuLz.
  27. New Member

Cardio on non lifting days.just to brag some of the twenty something guys in my gym I put them to shame.just me being modest
  28. Elite Member

By the alphamine is fairly good.it kills the hunger pangs and gives the motivation. So there is nothing perdonal against PES.its just that PES erase pro doesnt work
    There have been numerous people who have stated how effective EPro is. It is one of the most popular supplements on this forum and many other places.

Of course certain supplements work for some and then don't for others. Obviously it didn't work for you (weird) but to say it doesn't work is false.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Cardio on non lifting days.just to brag some of the twenty something guys in my gym I put them to shame.just me being modest
    Bragging about cardio on a BB and powerlifting focused website eh? Lol
    Why not zoidberg?
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Again, what the heck were you expecting Erase to do? If you were expecting Erase to be a magic pill in which without changes anywhere else, to magically work miracles, Erase is not going to do that for you. Erase essentially helps with making other things work better. If you are CUTTING, it makes your cut easier. If you are BULKING, it can help you stay leaner on your bulk (but again, depends on how much you are taking in with your calories, up to a certain point, too many calories is just too many calories). The stuff is an AI, look up what AI's are and how estrogen effects the body.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    There have been numerous people who have stated how effective EPro is. It is one of the most popular supplements on this forum and many other places.

Of course certain supplements work for some and then don't for others. Obviously it didn't work for you (weird) but to say it doesn't work is false.
    I think erase is more for aesthetics than anything else (shedding water weight and hardening muscle) and if you don't fit into a certain criteria then its not going to work like magic like it does for a lot of people... just my .02
    Why not zoidberg?
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Painful joints is a common effect that the Erase active and its action elicit.

Peer reviewed data is not cheap and expecting it for every supplement is unreasonable and unrealistic.

It is a shame Erase didn't work the way you intended it to but there are many confounders that could be at play.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Painful joints is a common effect that the Erase active and its action elicit.

Peer reviewed data is not cheap and expecting it for every supplement is unreasonable and unrealistic.

It is a shame Erase didn't work the way you intended it to but there are many confounders that could be at play.
    Lol if this guy had just said "erase pro didn't work for me" instead of "erase pro doesn't work" all this flaming could have been avoided
    Why not zoidberg?
  34. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Erase and erase pro never did anything for me either. That's not to say they aren't great products for other people. Shurushuru, I think what people have a problem with is that it sounded like you were saying erase pro doesn't work, when you should have said, "Erase pro doesn't work for me.". If it doesn't work, than just stop taking it or don't take it again. No need to waste time going into details about diet and training in my opinion.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  35. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have two separate blood tests showing Erase did not touch my e2 level. Even at 3-4 pills/day.
  36. Diamond Member

Lol if this guy had just said "erase pro didn't work for me" instead of "erase pro doesn't work" all this flaming could have been avoided
    You beat me to it, by 2 minutes!
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    You beat me to it, by 2 minutes!
    Lol I'm just that good
    Why not zoidberg?
  38. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks BBB so which ones have you found effective and the ones downright worst of money?
    Creatine is good for strength.
    Formestane is the best AI ever.
    Diesel Test Pro is the best test booster I have found to date.
    Test Force 2 is the only DAA that does anything for me. Mild hardening effect.
    Standardize forskolin lowers my systolic BP about 10 points and has other health benefits as well.
    There a lot of good preworkout products. I personally like Prodgy or Game Day the best. Good energy no jitters and nice focus.
    Beta Alanine and COP are good for endurance.
    Taco 8 was the best vitamin E supplement on the market. I wish someone would bring it back.
    I really don't like USP labs but Compound 20 leaned me out quite a bit. But the stuff is overpriced.
    Ostarine is good for leaning out.
    S4 is also good for leaning but affects M1 receptors throughout the body so I won't use it anymore.
    I thought Primordial Performance was the best supplement company in the industry. But alas their gone.
    As far as PH's I respond best to Tren. Great hardening and size gains. It does shut me down hard. I run formestane and DTP throughtout the cycle.
    I'm sure there are others but those are ones I can think out off the top of my head. In general I try to stay with products that have good in vivo testing backing them.
  39. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    I have two separate blood tests showing Erase did not touch my e2 level. Even at 3-4 pills/day.
    Maybe it is some confounders at play though.
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    I've seen at least 4 people say that and then never produce anything other than saying those exact words lol.... not saying your lying I'm just saying prove it lol
    Why not zoidberg?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 09:48 PM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 12:20 AM
  3. What Supplement or ments work great?
    By aedubber in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 09:49 PM
  4. Supplements that dont cause Hot Flashes