Stats
    5'6"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

a bit of a stall

hey there

i am currently on the carb nite solution and i had a bit of a stall

any way i had a break for 2 weeks and i did put a bit of weight on, but im back under 200lbs, i did lose lose between 10 - 15lbs since march

and i can see the difference, i tried using nicotine on my carb up days, and everyday ive have green tea extract when i wake up then my coffee, which i have 2 off sometimes the bullet proof version, all depends on how i feel

but ive seemed to have stalled, so im not sure if i put a 24 hour fast into the middle of the week or have an extra carb up day, sometimes i have another big one on the Sunday and that depends on what i am doing, but the lawn bowling season is nearly over so i might just stick to the Saturday for my carb up nite

there is lots of fat burners to choose from, im ok with stims as i like my dark roast coffee, im just not sure what to go for any suggestions will be great

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leasky33 View Post
    hey there

any way i had a break for 2 weeks and i did put a bit of weight on, but im back under 200lbs, i did lose lose between 10 - 15lbs since march

and i can see the difference, i tried using nicotine on my carb up days, and everyday ive have green tea extract when i wake up then my coffee, which i have 2 off sometimes the bullet proof version, all depends on how i feel

but ive seemed to have stalled, so im not sure if i put a 24 hour fast into the middle of the week or have an extra carb up day, sometimes i have another big one on the Sunday and that depends on what i am doing, but the lawn bowling season is nearly over so i might just stick to the Saturday for my carb up nite

there is lots of fat burners to choose from, im ok with stims as i like my dark roast coffee, im just not sure what to go for any suggestions will be great
    Px Black is great six. It's list on the stim side but rocks in the appetite suppression and thermogenic categories. PX 500 on the other hand is a stronger stim for those who want a bit more of a kick in the pants. Both products are awesome and well suited for either route you chose.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  3. MAN up!!
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.69%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Sounds like you need to readjust your calories or add in some cardio to me. I don't really understand your diet, but if it works stay with it. I'm not personally a fan of any kind of low carb or extended periods of fasting diets.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.67%

Quote Originally Posted by mpaquett View Post
    Sounds like you need to readjust your calories or add in some cardio to me. I don't really understand your diet, but if it works stay with it. I'm not personally a fan of any kind of low carb or extended periods of fasting diets.
    This. You may need to organize a bit. What are the rest of your macros throughout the day like? How is your training/cardio? Maybe you should add some HIIT into your routine if you haven't. You can try Dexaprine XR which is a great fat burner, appetite suppressor. It's on the stim side, so you will feel it.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.02%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

hey there

Do you have any idea on what your bf% is? Google TDEE calculator and use one of those to find a very rough estimate of your daily energy expenditure (only a guideline), I also suggest using something like myfitnesspal.com to help you tack your macros (macronutrients like carbs, fats and protein) and aim to consume 500kcal less than the number for your TDEE (regardless of what eating program you are on). If you increase your activity levels, remember to compensate by eating more (but still at a 500kcal deficit).

Example, you needing 3500kcals to maintain weight (TDEE is the number needed to maintain your current weight) so you would consume 3000kcals instead.

If you find your weight just won't budge, incorporate a reefed (eat a calorie surplus for a day or so) then drop it back down to -500. This usually helps restarting fat loss. Make sure that your reefed includes carbs.

Once it starts again, you can opt for a stack like RK-500 + Thyrocaps or Alpha t2 + thyrocaps, Alphamine and thyrocaps etc. etc. First and foremost though, restructure your diet and activity then go for the supplements!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

Quote Originally Posted by LivingStrongE View Post
    This. You may need to organize a bit. What are the rest of your macros throughout the day like? How is your training/cardio? Maybe you should add some HIIT into your routine if you haven't. You can try Dexaprine XR which is a great fat burner, appetite suppressor. It's on the stim side, so you will feel it.
    well i am about 198 lbs and im trying to hit 148g protein, about 120g fat, and keep under 30g carbs a day but im thinking of having a three day re feed to kick start the hormones again, most mornings i go out for a walk which is fasted, and im just back in from doing it, im thinking fo getting 2, 25ltr water containers for doing a bit of the farmers walk, as ive been doing it with 2 full watering cans it has worked a we bit, and do that in the afternoon, cheers for the fat burner i go check out the reviews
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.55%

So im a bit confused, are you asking just for our opinion on a fat burner? Or how to kick start your metabolism?

If a good quality fat burner is what you are after, I have been using Dexaprine XR for my last two contests. Worked great for me, plus also helpes in suppresing hunger.

To help with your metabolism, I would do a couple day refeed days. Then go right back to what you were doing.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Do you have any idea on what your bf% is? Google TDEE calculator and use one of those to find a very rough estimate of your daily energy expenditure (only a guideline), I also suggest using something like myfitnesspal.com to help you tack your macros (macronutrients like carbs, fats and protein) and aim to consume 500kcal less than the number for your TDEE (regardless of what eating program you are on). If you increase your activity levels, remember to compensate by eating more (but still at a 500kcal deficit).

Example, you needing 3500kcals to maintain weight (TDEE is the number needed to maintain your current weight) so you would consume 3000kcals instead.

If you find your weight just won't budge, incorporate a reefed (eat a calorie surplus for a day or so) then drop it back down to -500. This usually helps restarting fat loss. Make sure that your reefed includes carbs.

Once it starts again, you can opt for a stack like RK-500 + Thyrocaps or Alpha t2 + thyrocaps, Alphamine and thyrocaps etc. etc. First and foremost though, restructure your diet and activity then go for the supplements!
    according to my bmi its about 32% i know that measurement is ment to be crap, just found a calculator that said my bf is 21.74%, fat weight is 41lbs, and lean weight is 155lbs, just used another calculator that maintenance calories is 2438, and for fat loss 1950, or extreme 1584, i am on myfitness pal seem to keep forgetting about it, think i need to start using it again, cheers i check that stuff out, i did use raspberry keystones with green tea and my morning coffee
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

i was asking about the fat burners and if a few re feeds would kick start it again thats what i was meaning, and if fat burners would help with the process
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

a fat burner such as Dexaprine-XR would aid in losing some fat since it suppresses the appetite and helps burn fat. but your cardio needs to be on point as well as your diet.
    Honestly i prefer morning fasted cardio...step mill and some sprints around the track!
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.55%

i was asking about the fat burners and if a few re feeds would kick start it again thats what i was meaning, and if fat burners would help with the process
    IMO fat burners would help and doing a refeed always can help.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post

Refeeds work wonders on low carb diets. Atleast for me
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

hey there

Not really familiar with this diet at all tbh.

well i am about 198 lbs and im trying to hit 148g protein, about 120g fat, and keep under 30g carbs a day but im thinking of having a three day re feed to kick start the hormones again, most mornings i go out for a walk which is fasted, and im just back in from doing it, im thinking fo getting 2, 25ltr water containers for doing a bit of the farmers walk, as ive been doing it with 2 full watering cans it has worked a we bit, and do that in the afternoon, cheers for the fat burner i go check out the reviews

according to my bmi its about 32% i know that measurement is ment to be crap, just found a calculator that said my bf is 21.74%, fat weight is 41lbs, and lean weight is 155lbs, just used another calculator that maintenance calories is 2438, and for fat loss 1950, or extreme 1584, i am on myfitness pal seem to keep forgetting about it, think i need to start using it again, cheers i check that stuff out, i did use raspberry keystones with green tea and my morning coffee
    Which calorie intake have you been using and for how long?

Of course fat burners will help, to a degree but they aren't magic. If your diet is dialed they will provide a nice kick.

Definitely suggest re feeds while keeping fat lower. Without knowing, you may have set your cals too low to start which would cause a plateau .

I'm not a fan of long term keto type diets (personal preference), IMO they are best used for short periods (7-21 days) to boost fast loss. I know everybody is different this is just my .02

Are you weight training along with cardio? If I missed this I apologize.
    Independent
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.02%

Without any other form of bf% measurement, it is all just guesswork but it gives you a starting point to work with. Keep protein up at a minimum of ~1g per lb of body weight when in a calorie deficit to starve off any muscle loss that may occur. How you distribute your other macros is up to you (fat at a minimum of .4g per lb).

Once you feel you have a handle on weight loss, then look into products that will assist you further.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/ queries

Personally, I would hold off on the fat burners until you have your diet sorted out. Once you start losing weight again, you can add one in. The reason I recommend this is so that you understand that weight loss is dependent on your the level of effort and commitment you put in to it. Also, it helps you stay motivated when you know the weight loss occurred under your own strength.

I hate seeing clients dismissing their hard work because they used a fat burner and attributed all the weight loss to that fat burner.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

Without any other form of bf% measurement, it is all just guesswork but it gives you a starting point to work with. Keep protein up at a minimum of ~1g per lb of body weight when in a calorie deficit to starve off any muscle loss that may occur. How you distribute your other macros is up to you (fat at a minimum of .4g per lb).

Once you feel you have a handle on weight loss, then look into products that will assist you further.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/ queries

Personally, I would hold off on the fat burners until you have your diet sorted out. Once you start losing weight again, you can add one in. The reason I recommend this is so that you understand that weight loss is dependent on your the level of effort and commitment you put in to it. Also, it helps you stay motivated when you know the weight loss occurred under your own strength.

I hate seeing clients dismissing their hard work because they used a fat burner and attributed all the weight loss to that fat burner.
    Very good post Jiigzz
    Independent
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.46%

You need to restructure your diet and caloric intake. Under the circumstances refeeds would be very beneficial and so would a fat burner. Dexaprine XR is a great choice.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.67%

Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    I agree. I'm on my refeed day today so I'm happy about that, you just have to watch you diet and see how well your macros are and how much calories you are really intaking. Dexaprine XR has helped me prepare for my first show in 5 weeks.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

seems the re feed has done the trick, my body temp has been high all day

Similar Forum Threads

1. A bit of confusion about scoops
    By soseg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 03:46 AM
  2. Bit of advice
    By ROIDZ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 01:59 PM
  3. Need a bit of Advice/Ideas
    By J563 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 02:51 PM
  4. Bit of advice need
    By kraven in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 02:28 AM
  5. progress hit a bit of a slump, some advice!
    By logan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 01:17 AM