Preferred Nootropic for various purposes

  1. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    76402

    Preferred Nootropic for various purposes


    I'd be interested to hear everyone's preferences for nootropics for different purposes. I'm considering using Aniracetam + Alpha GPC this Fall with my studying...

  2. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edinburg, Texas
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428706

    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    I'd be interested to hear everyone's preferences for nootropics for different purposes. I'm considering using Aniracetam + Alpha GPC this Fall with my studying...
    If it's just one Demiurge , if it's a combo:

    -2g ALCAR + 1 Scoop FXT + Ephedrine (25mg)
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    76402

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    If it's just one Demiurge , if it's a combo:

    -2g ALCAR + 1 Scoop FXT + Ephedrine (25mg)
    I've been doing the latter suggestion and had mild results at best. Heard demiurge is the s*** though.. Have you tried?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Conroe TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,415
    Rep Power
    7237671

    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post

    I've been doing the latter suggestion and had mild results at best. Heard demiurge is the s*** though.. Have you tried?
    I've used as a pre workout stim. In that aspect it's nice. Npept seemed to help with memory for me though. Wasnt noticeable until about a month and then was noticeable again after I stopped use.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  5. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,141
    Rep Power
    1131960

    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    I'd be interested to hear everyone's preferences for nootropics for different purposes. I'm considering using Aniracetam + Alpha GPC this Fall with my studying...
    As I have mentioned many times and others have found, Aniracetam is not going to be your best bet for a learning and studying effect. Aplha GPC is the king of all choline sources, so you will benefit from that. Aniracetam is best used for it's anxiolytic effect. Phenylpiracetam is good for studying and many people think that plain old piracetam is good. For studying, I have found that a combo of Alpha-GPC, Vinpocetine, and Huperzine-A. I have to keep the Huperzine-A in the low dose range though, because it does give a little anxiety.
  6. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    76402

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    As I have mentioned many times and others have found, Aniracetam is not going to be your best bet for a learning and studying effect. Aplha GPC is the king of all choline sources, so you will benefit from that. Aniracetam is best used for it's anxiolytic effect. Phenylpiracetam is good for studying and many people think that plain old piracetam is good. For studying, I have found that a combo of Alpha-GPC, Vinpocetine, and Huperzine-A. I have to keep the Huperzine-A in the low dose range though, because it does give a little anxiety.
    Phenyl looks good. Demiurge is out of stock @ the planet so hopefully they'll get some back in asap
  7. Registered User
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,371
    Rep Power
    585788

    Using this:

    Piracetam start with 800mg (3x/ day per 4.5 hours)
    Sulbutiamine 1g

    Ciltep stack
    solaray forskohlii root extract 1% forskolin
    artichoke extract
    L-phenylalanine
    Pyritinol 400mg
    Bacopa
    Melatonin - 1mg at most
    5-htp 100mg
    Vinpocetine 10mcg
    Huperzine A 100mcg
    Picamilon 150mg

    Took thsi from my google doc spread sheet so it's just a list but dosings are diffent, ect.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  8. Registered User
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Rep Power
    1311742

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    If it's just one Demiurge , if it's a combo:

    -2g ALCAR + 1 Scoop FXT + Ephedrine (25mg)
    I would say 2g of additional ALCAR is overkill given peak plasma saturation is reached at 2g overall. We can guess that Focus XT has around 1.5g ALCAR.

    Please correct if I'm wrong or if your opinion significantly differs from mine. Would like to hear your thoughts on it.

  9. Registered User
    NomZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,456
    Rep Power
    480699

    I just stick with my regular caff free FXT and Piracetam, helps with studying and test taking.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  10. Registered User
    sdunlimited's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northeast
    Age
    40
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    338917

    In to see what everyone's using. I'm always searching for a readily obtainable high energy, good focus, mood enhancing product or combo. Something that can approach 'prescription strength' would be ideal. Definitely curious to hear what others have found in their research.
  11. Registered User
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Rep Power
    1311742

    Quote Originally Posted by sdunlimited View Post
    In to see what everyone's using. I'm always searching for a readily obtainable high energy, good focus, mood enhancing product or combo. Something that can approach 'prescription strength' would be ideal. Definitely curious to hear what others have found in their research.
    Mood enhancement is tremendous with Focus XT. Tyrosine + caffeine ftw.

  12. Registered User
    sdunlimited's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northeast
    Age
    40
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    338917

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Mood enhancement is tremendous with Focus XT. Tyrosine + caffeine ftw.


    Yeah, I'm a fan of Focus XT (caffeinated) and always have some on hand. It's the quest for an 'all day strong' non-script stim that keeps me busy
  13. Registered User
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Rep Power
    1311742

    Quote Originally Posted by sdunlimited View Post
    Yeah, I'm a fan of Focus XT (caffeinated) and always have some on hand. It's the quest for an 'all day strong' non-script stim that keeps me busy
    It doesn't exist.

  14. Registered User
    NomZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,456
    Rep Power
    480699

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    It doesn't exist.
    This, sadly.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  15. Registered User
    sdunlimited's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northeast
    Age
    40
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    338917

    Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    This, sadly.

    Have any of you ever tried Lean-650 before? It's the closest thing I've found so far ( Methyl-synephrine? ) for energy, focus and awesome mood enhancement. Destroys my hunger and dries me out all day long much like 30mg of adderall or so I've been told...
  16. Registered User
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Rep Power
    1311742

    Quote Originally Posted by sdunlimited View Post
    Have any of you ever tried Lean-650 before? It's the closest thing I've found so far ( Methyl-synephrine? ) for energy, focus and awesome mood enhancement. Destroys my hunger and dries me out all day long much like 30mg of adderall or so I've been told...
    Looks like it's filled with diuretics and stimulants (which are also typically diuretics).

  17. Registered User
    sdunlimited's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northeast
    Age
    40
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    338917

    ^ It would not surprise me at all if the label didn't accurate report what's in the caps. Dandelion has never had this dramatic of an effect on me before and I've been a prodigious user of caffeine for years without experiencing this kind of focus/mood enhancement/energy.

    You may have already seen this list by the USADA (requires free registration - I've received no spam email from them) where they tested numerous popular supplements and found other ingredients than what's actually reported on the label: http://www.usada.org/forms.asp?uid=3588

    Lean-650 isn't on there but I'd be curious to see the results.
  18. mw1
    mw1 is online now
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,681
    Rep Power
    3211220

    For myself FXT and Piracetam

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  19. Registered User
    sdunlimited's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northeast
    Age
    40
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    338917

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    For myself FXT and Piracetam
    Very curious about the various racetams. Seems like there's a wide array of dosing options among them. Not even sure where to start as they appear to all potentially affect the user differently...
  20. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,057
    Rep Power
    3301217

    Quote Originally Posted by sdunlimited View Post
    ^ It would not surprise me at all if the label didn't accurate report what's in the caps. Dandelion has never had this dramatic of an effect on me before and I've been a prodigious user of caffeine for years without experiencing this kind of focus/mood enhancement/energy.

    You may have already seen this list by the USADA (requires free registration - I've received no spam email from them) where they tested numerous popular supplements and found other ingredients than what's actually reported on the label: http://www.usada.org/forms.asp?uid=3588

    Lean-650 isn't on there but I'd be curious to see the results.
    That list is bs. Unless Versa-1 actually contains methylclostebol. Which I strongly doubt.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  21. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    That list is bs. Unless Versa-1 actually contains methylclostebol. Which I strongly doubt.
    Then I guess I've used methyl clostebol with zero side effects even though I was using a stimulant preworkout and stimulants all throughout the day. I had no weight gain either. The list is trash
  22. Registered User
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Rep Power
    1311742

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    For myself FXT and Piracetam
    Have you used any other 'racetams?

  23. Registered User
    Ape McGrapes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    696
    Rep Power
    247702

    I heard the Versa-1 they tested was from one of the beta batches...
    ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS
    Get Your Lean On
  24. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,159
    Rep Power
    6628016

    Quote Originally Posted by Ape McGrapes View Post
    I heard the Versa-1 they tested was from one of the beta batches...
    How?

    The beta batches were only sent to beta testers who used, and logged, the use of the product.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  25. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    How?

    The beta batches were only sent to beta testers who used, and logged, the use of the product.
    Lol this is true
  26. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,439
    Rep Power
    5913429

    Quote Originally Posted by sdunlimited View Post
    ^ It would not surprise me at all if the label didn't accurate report what's in the caps. Dandelion has never had this dramatic of an effect on me before and I've been a prodigious user of caffeine for years without experiencing this kind of focus/mood enhancement/energy.

    You may have already seen this list by the USADA (requires free registration - I've received no spam email from them) where they tested numerous popular supplements and found other ingredients than what's actually reported on the label: http://www.usada.org/forms.asp?uid=3588

    Lean-650 isn't on there but I'd be curious to see the results.
    Lean-650 meets claims I bet. Did you read the label? There is more 1,3 DMAA than there is caffeine. That's absurd. And there's more methylsynephrine than both DMAA and caffeine.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  27. Registered User
    uubiduu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    731
    Rep Power
    110546

    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    I'd be interested to hear everyone's preferences for nootropics for different purposes. I'm considering using Aniracetam + Alpha GPC this Fall with my studying...
    Did exactly this combo and noticed nil!
  28. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    76402

    Are we still talking about noots?
  29. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    76402

    bump
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. For conditioning purposes...
    By thephilosopher in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 10:27 AM
  2. Anti-e or AI for fatloss purposes?
    By th0m in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 03:41 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 10:04 AM
  4. HCG for research purposes
    By TheUsual in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:21 PM
  5. Methyl 1 Test now available for Research purposes!!
    By TeamLegalGear in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 244
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in