Beta Alanine and ph

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I know BA buffers lactic acid during a workout but if my body ph was more acidic than alkaline would BA also help with that as well?

Turns out i'm very acidic and not being an expert on nutrition or supps i'm just supposing.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I know BA buffers lactic acid during a workout but if my body ph was more acidic than alkaline would BA also help with that as well?

Turns out i'm very acidic and not being an expert on nutrition or supps i'm just supposing.
What does "I'm acidic" mean though? It could mean anything without an identified compartment and pH

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing a urine test over the last 6 days and it has shown i'm very acidic so i'm trying to correct the acid / alkaline balance.

I need to do this to try and get to the bottom of another health issue. Nothing life threatening. Just very annoying.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've been doing a urine test over the last 6 days and it has shown i'm very acidic so i'm trying to correct the acid / alkaline balance.

I need to do this to try and get to the bottom of another health issue. Nothing life threatening. Just very annoying.
Beta alanine will reduce acidosis in the environment local to glycolytic muscle tissue. It's unlikely to help with systemic acidosis

Touey

Touey

Awards
Beta alanine will reduce acidosis in the environment local to glycolytic muscle tissue. It's unlikely to help with systemic acidosis
One think coop think have I mentioned to you before..the neighbor next to me is excellent physician and am often having discussions with him on many things some in which are in discussion here on this forum..
He is never almost it seems ever agreeing with any of my more natural path to wellness, but I assure you He is not rude disrespectful only a little jesting.

Anyway he is really ridiculing the entire alkaline acidosis dialogue to be much to do about nothing... saying your body will do this regardless of eating what you will or supplementing to reduction of acidic local environments.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
One think coop think have I mentioned to you before..the neighbor next to me is excellent physician and am often having discussions with him on many things some in which are in discussion here on this forum..
He is never almost it seems ever agreeing with any of my more natural path to wellness, but I assure you He is not rude disrespectful only a little jesting.

Anyway he is really ridiculing the entire alkaline acidosis dialogue to be much to do about nothing... saying your body will do this regardless of eating what you will or supplementing to reduction of acidic local environments.
I've always known about it but never given it much thought since i realised that most protein is acidic.

I'm just trying everything at the moment to rid myself of this "thing" I'll probably be crossing this off my list soon and move on to the next experiment.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Homeopathy can have evidence. It's just that people "find" evidence in the wrong things

Touey

Touey

Awards
Yes one dialogue amusing/interesting is relating to the alkaline water machines in which many Health Food Store in the are of our neighborhood is in a close proximity and many are on to how much better are they feeling on only drinking the Alkaline water to the point some are downright claiming major benefits to their health!
Would I like to know how coop's views are and plus on drinking the pure organic Wheat Grass several times in the day.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yes one dialogue amusing/interesting is relating to the alkaline water machines in which many Health Food Store in the are of our neighborhood is in a close proximity and many are on to how much better are they feeling on only drinking the Alkaline water to the point some are downright claiming major benefits to their health!
Would I like to know how coop's views are and plus on drinking the pure organic Wheat Grass several times in the day.
I think it's crap

Touey

Touey

Awards
I think it's crap
:toofunny: I Love coop!!!! Reminding me in honesty of my good friend neighbor but coop twice as funny plus less for sugar coating! >

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I don't know some can have a very powerful placebo effect. Me and my older brother also debate the benefits of a vegan diet he raves about how it lowers ones PH levels

Touey

Touey

Awards
I don't know some can have a very powerful placebo effect. Me and my older brother also debate the benefits of a vegan diet he raves about how it lowers ones PH levels
NADDANME it is in fact crazy some neighbors I have owning to running in some good stock companies still on about alkaline diets to their wives for meal planing to saying they love the more energy to less stress they have...
I like the wheat grass juice some times in the day but have to draw a line on stocking to the local health food store for alkaline water tubs.