Xanax and muscle growth

  1. Xanax and muscle growth


    Anyone have any knowledge on its effect if any on muscle growth . I'm talking random usage like 1 mg every once in a while to calm the f down.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"


  2. Every once in awhile is no problem, just don't make it habitual. Hell if I were you I'd do my stretching, foam rolling and trigger release real quick after popping one.

  3. I didn't think so but I'd rather walk around looking to nine iron someone in the spine then waste a good gym session .
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post
    Anyone have any knowledge on its effect if any on muscle growth . I'm talking random usage like 1 mg every once in a while to calm the f down.
    Once in a great while probably wont hurt your muscle growth or motivation to bad. But I would recommend extreme caution with Alprazolam its very addictive.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  5. Probably next to nothing.
    PES - Physique Enhancing Science

  6. I know they are bad news. They do serve a purpose but they are a very serious drug .
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  7. As ling as you don't mix it with alcohol you're fine haha. Keep usage minimum and have fun

  8. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown View Post
    As ling as you don't mix it with alcohol you're fine haha. Keep usage minimum and have fun
    This. My wife is a substance abuse social worker/therapist and has seen people get really messed up from mixing the two. It's also very addictive and you need to ween off of it or risk potential serious health problems. I would go talk to a psychologist who may be able to prescribe something a little less intense to calm ya down.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    This. My wife is a substance abuse social worker/therapist and has seen people get really messed up from mixing the two. It's also very addictive and you need to ween off of it or risk potential serious health problems. I would go talk to a psychologist who may be able to prescribe something a little less intense to calm ya down.
    I might work with your wife depending where in the world your wife is located.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  10. Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post

    I might work with your wife depending where in the world your wife is located.
    We're in the hotbed of America. Iowa, lol

  11. Ha!!!!
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Benzos can negatively affect T levels, along with opiates and many other Rx's

    And don't listen to the fear mongering that runs amuck on boards so frequently. If you have xanax as prescribed as needed by a doc use as directed be responsible and use them for the anxiety they were prescribed for. Don't be a dumb ass lol

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Benzos can negatively affect T levels, along with opiates and many other Rx's

    And don't listen to the fear mongering that runs amuck on boards so frequently. If you have xanax as prescribed as needed by a doc use as directed be responsible and use them for the anxiety they were prescribed for. Don't be a dumb ass lol
    The problem is the amount of people that get it without a prescription, and being wrongly prescribed by doctors. For example, my bro in law went to a family doctor, not versed in mental health at all and after two minutes was prescribed xanax at three pills a day. And he never told him not to mix with alcohol, thank god my wife found out or he could have killed himself.
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    The problem is the amount of people that get it without a prescription, and being wrongly prescribed by doctors. For example, my bro in law went to a family doctor, not versed in mental health at all and after two minutes was prescribed xanax at three pills a day. And he never told him not to mix with alcohol, thank god my wife found out or he could have killed himself.
    I can't really comment too freely on stuff like this but I will say this... taking it 3x a day would likely be a small dose and do not mix with alcohol is put on the side of pharmaceuticals such as these. If not on the side (almost guaranteed it is) inside the pamphlet that comes with the Rx.

    I never addressed anything about anyone being given anything without a prescription. If he has it, I assume it's via Rx, in which case, use as directed by his physician not ANYONE on an internet forum, period. What anyone does or doesn't decide to do is obviously their choice, but in situations such as these use as directed by the prescribing physician is the only responsible thing to say OR get a second opinion from ANOTHER MD.

  15. Most if not all medications would be foolish to mix with alcohol . Xanax you want to avoid grapefruit juice .

    I think the majority of doctors are ignorant in terms of lifting and muscle growth . They certainly wouldn't be able to give a knowledgable recommendation of medications and how they may effect muscle recovery . At least not the dumbass doctors I've ever seen.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  16. I wasn't trying to say you suggested any of that, just talking in generalities about what my wife and I have see. She's seen people prescribed it who are documented alcoholics, which obviously won't follow the instructions on the label. My problem is how freely physicians can prescribe a drug like Xanax with only seeing a patient for three minutes at a family practice. Should only be psychologists.

  17. I agree . Doctors are way to free to prescribe meds. It's much better for the machine to treat illness instead of cure it.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  18. Been trying to find out if Xanax causes an increase in serotonin... I'm going through a ****ty break up with my ex fiance and haven't smoked weed in over 8 years so I'm not doing that, but I need something to just take the edge off every once in a while when the thoughts get too overwhelming. BUT I DONT WANT SOMETHING THAT INCREASES SEROTONIN bc I get bad sides from too much of that.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  19. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Been trying to find out if Xanax causes an increase in serotonin... I'm going through a ****ty break up with my ex fiance and haven't smoked weed in over 8 years so I'm not doing that, but I need something to just take the edge off every once in a while when the thoughts get too overwhelming. BUT I DONT WANT SOMETHING THAT INCREASES SEROTONIN bc I get bad sides from too much of that.
    I have been taking xanax for a while and have never had an high serotonin sides, but thats me. I would think if you take it in moderate doses you would be fine. Imo.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post
    Anyone have any knowledge on its effect if any on muscle growth . I'm talking random usage like 1 mg every once in a while to calm the f down.
    I've had a script for about 6-7 years now although I don't really take them these days.

    Effects on muscle growth: I would say very near zero if used as prescribed.

    I have made great progress throughout the time taking up to .5mg a day. 1 mg is a pretty strong dose, though. I would fall asleep a few hours after that dose haha
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. acromegaly and muscle growth (random topic)
    By mylo in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:51 PM
  2. Estrogren and muscle growth
    By Dahollow in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 02:40 PM
  3. Fish consumption and muscle growth
    By T H E O R E M in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 07:05 PM
  4. DNP and Muscle Growth
    By noctorum in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Log in
Log in