Xanax and muscle growth

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Anyone have any knowledge on its effect if any on muscle growth . I'm talking random usage like 1 mg every once in a while to calm the f down.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Every once in awhile is no problem, just don't make it habitual. Hell if I were you I'd do my stretching, foam rolling and trigger release real quick after popping one.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I didn't think so but I'd rather walk around looking to nine iron someone in the spine then waste a good gym session .

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have any knowledge on its effect if any on muscle growth . I'm talking random usage like 1 mg every once in a while to calm the f down.
Once in a great while probably wont hurt your muscle growth or motivation to bad. But I would recommend extreme caution with Alprazolam its very addictive.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I know they are bad news. They do serve a purpose but they are a very serious drug .

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
As ling as you don't mix it with alcohol you're fine haha. Keep usage minimum and have fun ;)

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As ling as you don't mix it with alcohol you're fine haha. Keep usage minimum and have fun ;)
This. My wife is a substance abuse social worker/therapist and has seen people get really messed up from mixing the two. It's also very addictive and you need to ween off of it or risk potential serious health problems. I would go talk to a psychologist who may be able to prescribe something a little less intense to calm ya down.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
This. My wife is a substance abuse social worker/therapist and has seen people get really messed up from mixing the two. It's also very addictive and you need to ween off of it or risk potential serious health problems. I would go talk to a psychologist who may be able to prescribe something a little less intense to calm ya down.
I might work with your wife depending where in the world your wife is located. :D

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Ha!!!!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Benzos can negatively affect T levels, along with opiates and many other Rx's

And don't listen to the fear mongering that runs amuck on boards so frequently. If you have xanax as prescribed as needed by a doc use as directed be responsible and use them for the anxiety they were prescribed for. Don't be a dumb ass lol

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Benzos can negatively affect T levels, along with opiates and many other Rx's

And don't listen to the fear mongering that runs amuck on boards so frequently. If you have xanax as prescribed as needed by a doc use as directed be responsible and use them for the anxiety they were prescribed for. Don't be a dumb ass lol
The problem is the amount of people that get it without a prescription, and being wrongly prescribed by doctors. For example, my bro in law went to a family doctor, not versed in mental health at all and after two minutes was prescribed xanax at three pills a day. And he never told him not to mix with alcohol, thank god my wife found out or he could have killed himself.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The problem is the amount of people that get it without a prescription, and being wrongly prescribed by doctors. For example, my bro in law went to a family doctor, not versed in mental health at all and after two minutes was prescribed xanax at three pills a day. And he never told him not to mix with alcohol, thank god my wife found out or he could have killed himself.
I can't really comment too freely on stuff like this but I will say this... taking it 3x a day would likely be a small dose and do not mix with alcohol is put on the side of pharmaceuticals such as these. If not on the side (almost guaranteed it is) inside the pamphlet that comes with the Rx.

I never addressed anything about anyone being given anything without a prescription. If he has it, I assume it's via Rx, in which case, use as directed by his physician not ANYONE on an internet forum, period. What anyone does or doesn't decide to do is obviously their choice, but in situations such as these use as directed by the prescribing physician is the only responsible thing to say OR get a second opinion from ANOTHER MD.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Most if not all medications would be foolish to mix with alcohol . Xanax you want to avoid grapefruit juice .

I think the majority of doctors are ignorant in terms of lifting and muscle growth . They certainly wouldn't be able to give a knowledgable recommendation of medications and how they may effect muscle recovery . At least not the dumbass doctors I've ever seen.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wasn't trying to say you suggested any of that, just talking in generalities about what my wife and I have see. She's seen people prescribed it who are documented alcoholics, which obviously won't follow the instructions on the label. My problem is how freely physicians can prescribe a drug like Xanax with only seeing a patient for three minutes at a family practice. Should only be psychologists.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I agree . Doctors are way to free to prescribe meds. It's much better for the machine to treat illness instead of cure it.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been trying to find out if Xanax causes an increase in serotonin... I'm going through a ****ty break up with my ex fiance and haven't smoked weed in over 8 years so I'm not doing that, but I need something to just take the edge off every once in a while when the thoughts get too overwhelming. BUT I DONT WANT SOMETHING THAT INCREASES SEROTONIN bc I get bad sides from too much of that.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Been trying to find out if Xanax causes an increase in serotonin... I'm going through a ****ty break up with my ex fiance and haven't smoked weed in over 8 years so I'm not doing that, but I need something to just take the edge off every once in a while when the thoughts get too overwhelming. BUT I DONT WANT SOMETHING THAT INCREASES SEROTONIN bc I get bad sides from too much of that.
I have been taking xanax for a while and have never had an high serotonin sides, but thats me. I would think if you take it in moderate doses you would be fine. Imo.

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
I've had a script for about 6-7 years now although I don't really take them these days.

Effects on muscle growth: I would say very near zero if used as prescribed.

I have made great progress throughout the time taking up to .5mg a day. 1 mg is a pretty strong dose, though. I would fall asleep a few hours after that dose haha

josun

Awards
  • Established
What are some bad side u get for increased serotonin?

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Every once in awhile is no problem, just don't make it habitual. Hell if I were you I'd do my stretching, foam rolling and trigger release real quick after popping one.
Have you tried taking L Theanine, Kava Kava, or Phenibut?

L Theanine is mild but long lasting. It can be taken daily to knock the edge off anxiety a bit. I use it with caffeine if I work out late and have no problems sleeping. 200mg spaced out 2 or 3 times a day works well.

Kava Kava is hit or miss. I make a tea with it sometimes before bed. After about an hour I feel a lot more relaxed and sleepy.

Phenibut is the strongest but should not be used regularly. 1.5 scoops of SNS Phenibut XT destroys anxiety. I don't use it anymore but I believe the recommendation is 2 or 3 times a week, but not consecutively.

A combo of these might be able to replace the prescription stuff. It's worth a shot.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1st off I'm no expert and certainly not a doctor....from my limited knowledge benzo's like Xanax increase dopamine--from my understanding things that increase dopamine generally decrease serotonin---feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I like to learn about these things!!!
Spaniard

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha you guys revived a 5 year old thread... Or did I just I take too many Xanax and can't remember what happened to the time lol

chedapalooza I guess everything worked out huh?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha you guys revived a 5 year old thread... Or did I just I take too many Xanax and can't remember what happened to the time lol

chedapalooza I guess everything worked out huh?
WOW! Blast from the past. Hell yea everything worked out... I actually have had my medical marijuana card here in CT since sept 2016.... it’s been nothing short of life changing (all for the better) I would never touch a benzo or any RX Drug for the matter at this point unless it were a matter of life or death. Just me, personally.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WOW! Blast from the past. Hell yea everything worked out... I actually have had my medical marijuana card here in CT since sept 2016.... it’s been nothing short of life changing (all for the better) I would never touch a benzo or any RX Drug for the matter at this point unless it were a matter of life or death. Just me, personally.
Yeah man! I guess your ex missed out lol your doing big things lets give her a shout out haha. Got to try some of that new glycoshield. Never had the og recompadrol. Glad everything is going good for you man!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah man! I guess your ex missed out lol your doing big things lets give her a shout out haha. Got to try some of that new glycoshield. Never had the og recompadrol. Glad everything is going good for you man!
I’m not concerned w her or her knowing anything about me haha. Definitely try some glyco tho! I’ll pm ya

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m not concerned w her or her knowing anything about me haha. Definitely try some glyco tho! I’ll pm ya
Lol I figured man... Was really joking. Sweet ill have to check it out :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
living well is the best revenge!!!