Potassium Nitrate - how long can you take this s*$t?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Potassium Nitrate - how long can you take this s*$t?

Really enjoying PN!
    How long can you take this stuff before a break?
    Are there any known (problem) side affects?

Thanks for your input...

2. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bakerwil View Post
    Really enjoying PN!
    How long can you take this stuff before a break?
    Are there any known (problem) side affects?

Thanks for your input...
    Id imagine 8 weeks would be the longest you would want to take it without a break. Maybe 12 at the longest.

Taking to much may cause low blood pressure, other than that i dont see any other problems.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  3. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Been using creatine nitrate and bcaa nitrate for quite some time now(1+ years) regularly and still love every work out with them

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

if you are only taking it 3-4 times per week you can probably take it as long as you like, provided you are not supplementing with other sources of nitrates. still though im not sure there is any reason to take it any more than 8 weeks on 4 weeks off type cycle. I have some past experience with various nitrates and found little if any change in my blood pressure even longer term. being that each individual is different, you should monitor yourself and see what works best for you and your wallet.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Dose dependent I would guess. Basically you wouldn't want to ingest too much in an X-amount of time. I don't really see why there would be a need to cycle it though. If you eat lots of fruit and lots of beets, you're technically getting a lot of nitrates through those foods and last time I checked, nobody really cycles their fruits and beets intake :P
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

I've been taking the potassium nitrate by iForce for a little over 3 months now... No noticeable issues yet doubt there will be
    Myokem Rep
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    if you are only taking it 3-4 times per week you can probably take it as long as you like, provided you are not supplementing with other sources of nitrates. still though im not sure there is any reason to take it any more than 8 weeks on 4 weeks off type cycle. I have some past experience with various nitrates and found little if any change in my blood pressure even longer term. being that each individual is different, you should monitor yourself and see what works best for you and your wallet.
    This. I ran iForce potassium nitrate which was awesome. I ran it for 8 weeks and not a day after. Taking it though had me extra thirsty. I had to drink half a gallon extra of water per day but that's just me but I got great pumps from it though.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LivingStrongE View Post

This. I ran iForce potassium nitrate which was awesome. I ran it for 8 weeks and not a day after. Taking it though had me extra thirsty. I had to drink half a gallon extra of water per day but that's just me but I got great pumps from it though.
    Any other sources of potassium nitrate other than iforce?
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Just google "food grade potassium nitrate".

Make sure you get enough vitamin C to tamp down nitrite free radical formation.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Just google "food grade potassium nitrate".

Make sure you get enough vitamin C to tamp down nitrite free radical formation.
    Nice thanks man. I use about 2g vitamin c daily
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Nice thanks man. I use about 2g vitamin c daily
    Gotta co-ingest it
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

What would happen if you ingested non food grade potassium nitrate? What makes one food grade and not the other? What chemical process does it go through?
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

It's a quality assurance. I wouldn't mess with non-food grade. It could contain heavy metals or what have you. When it's food grade, it's been tested to insure that it's safe for humans to consume...when it's non-food grade you have no such insurance.
  14. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

That suggestion about vitamin c is a good one. This really will help you counter act the PN. It's what I would suggest doing. I really think that you should consider stacking it with something else. Are you taking Creatine right now,?
  15. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    It's a quality assurance. I wouldn't mess with non-food grade. It could contain heavy metals or what have you. When it's food grade, it's been tested to insure that it's safe for humans to consume...when it's non-food grade you have no such insurance.
    Don't think some Indian supplier wont sell non-food grade raws as food grade. Many companies just go by a suppliers' COA

Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Gotta co-ingest it
    That's the convenience of iForce's Potassium Nitrate - vit. C right in the same cap, can't get more co-ingested than that.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post
    That's the convenience of iForce's Potassium Nitrate - vit. C right in the same cap, can't get more co-ingested than that.
    Maybe a suspension would providing a better form of co-ingesting?
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Arent nitrates toxic to a certain degree especially for babys?why shall they drink water with only little nitrate?ever heard of blue babys?hope my Q is not too much off topic
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uubiduu View Post
    Arent nitrates toxic to a certain degree especially for babys?why shall they drink water with only little nitrate?ever heard of blue babys?hope my Q is not too much off topic
    I believe this is dose dependent.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I would agree with the 8 week recommendation. Good to know about the vit-c, I was un aware of that.
    Has already stated the iForce Potasium Nitrate has the vit-c already in it and with 120 caps in a bottle, that should easily last 8 weeks.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I have taken other forms of nitrates for months at a time, without cycling off of them. I imagine Potassium Nitrate would be no different, although if you are taking it every day it might be beneficial to take a break at some point. I typically use nitrates only on workout days and never on leg days. As has been mentioned the benefits of Vitamin C co-ingestion are significant with iForce's product that part has already been handled.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Any other sources of potassium nitrate other than iforce?
    Nutrigaurd is a great value.
  23. Registered User
    Answers

no need to cycle off of it if you're only using it on workout days.

Let me know if you have any more questions
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate.
    iForce Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iForceNutrition
    iForce website: www.iforcenutrition.com
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Gotta co-ingest it
    ^^ this. I think 500mg would even suffice but more wouldn't hurt for added anti-oxidant benefits.

Dietary supplement with vitamin C prevents nitrate tolerance.

coadministration of Vit-C and GTN fully maintained the GTN-induced changes in the orthostatic blood pressure, and the rise of a/b ratio was augmented by 310% for the duration of the test period. Changes in vascular tolerance in GTN-treated subjects were paralleled by upregulation of the activity of isolated platelets, which was also reversed by Vit-C administration. These findings demonstrate that dietary supplementation with Vit-C eliminates vascular tolerance and concomitant upregulation of ex vivo-washed platelet activity during long-term nonintermittent administration of GTN in humans.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uubiduu View Post
    A babies development and anatomy vary greatly to that of adults. I'm not sure how old of a baby you are talking about, but if you are talking about a newborn, they could still have a pda and I don't think you would really want to exacerbate that and create an environment of mixing between oxygenated and non oxygenated blood.

Aside from that, no clue what you are talking about.. but "Blue Baby." That is usually referred to in an infant with a cardiac defect like tetrology of falot where you can have a "Red Tet" or "Blue Tet," which is solely dependent on the presence of a pda and the hearts ability to pump oxygenated blood around the baby.
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    A babies development and anatomy vary greatly to that of adults. I'm not sure how old of a baby you are talking about, but if you are talking about a newborn, they could still have a pda and I don't think you would really want to exacerbate that and create an environment of mixing between oxygenated and non oxygenated blood.

Aside from that, no clue what you are talking about.. but "Blue Baby." That is usually referred to in an infant with a cardiac defect like tetrology of falot where you can have a "Red Tet" or "Blue Tet," which is solely dependent on the presence of a pda and the hearts ability to pump oxygenated blood around the baby.
    Blue baby syndrome bro... high nitrate content is a no-no for the babies. I know you know this but that's the syndrome name he is specifically talking about.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    ^^ this. I think 500mg would even suffice but more wouldn't hurt for added anti-oxidant benefits.

Dietary supplement with vitamin C prevents nitrate tolerance.

coadministration of Vit-C and GTN fully maintained the GTN-induced changes in the orthostatic blood pressure, and the rise of a/b ratio was augmented by 310% for the duration of the test period. Changes in vascular tolerance in GTN-treated subjects were paralleled by upregulation of the activity of isolated platelets, which was also reversed by Vit-C administration. These findings demonstrate that dietary supplementation with Vit-C eliminates vascular tolerance and concomitant upregulation of ex vivo-washed platelet activity during long-term nonintermittent administration of GTN in humans.
    More than 500 pre or post actually could hurt
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    More than 500 pre or post actually could hurt

absolutely. antioxidants taken at too high of levels either pre or post actually inhibit muscle growth.
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate.
    iForce Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iForceNutrition
    iForce website: www.iforcenutrition.com
  29. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Been so far ahead of the curve...

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Final Formula:

Attachment 67725
    Food grade KNO3.
    I take it with 300mg caffeine and in recent months have added 5 grams of beta-alanine and bumped the l-citrullne to 8 grams.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    absolutely. antioxidants taken at too high of levels either pre or post actually inhibit muscle growth.
    spread it out.. problem solved
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Id imagine 8 weeks would be the longest you would want to take it without a break. Maybe 12 at the longest.

Taking to much may cause low blood pressure, other than that i dont see any other problems.
    What's giving you better "pumps"? This or TAA caps?
  32. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    I would agree with the 8 week recommendation.
    Why do you agree?
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Why do you agree?
    I feel that for most supplements you can get "burned out" on them. Is this incorrect in thinking? I see as reading through what other people have said that yes this is in fact incorrect, but at the time when I agreed with 8 weeks, it is for that reason. To me it seems to be the "norm" or "standard" to cycle things for 8 weeks. But that is just my opinion on it.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  34. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    I feel that for most supplements you can get "burned out" on them. Is this incorrect in thinking? I see as reading through what other people have said that yes this is in fact incorrect, but at the time when I agreed with 8 weeks, it is for that reason. To me it seems to be the "norm" or "standard" to cycle things for 8 weeks. But that is just my opinion on it.
    Let me first preface my response to say (emphatically) that it is not my intent to offend you (or anyone) but to offer a more open minded, analytical and substantive perspective to just about everything you will hear (read) as hear-say on this board and every other out there. Although I am going to "quote" words and statements from your last post I am in no way looking to offend or attack you.

Physiologically is there any adverse or ill effects to running this indefinitely? If so where is the substantive data to support it?
    Physiologically is there any beneficial or positive effect to running this indefinitely? If so where is the substantive data to support it?

I "feel", "what other people say", "it seems" to be the "norm" or 'standard" to "cycle things for 8 weeks" without substantive data to support it does not make it fact and is perpetuating misinformation.
  35. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Been using creatine nitrate and bcaa nitrate for quite some time now(1+ years) regularly and still love every work out with them
    Actually its been longer than that since the first nitrate based product I used was ICE Plus

36. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I think as long as you dose it correctly you can come off it at anytime... I used it for two months with no problems at all. I usually cycle on and off of it.
  37. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Name:  Data+Linky+Pic.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  33.0 KB
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Blue baby syndrome bro... high nitrate content is a no-no for the babies. I know you know this but that's the syndrome name he is specifically talking about.

Hmm.. I work in a Level 3B Neonatal ICU which is practically the highest level and have never in my life heard mention of "Blue Baby Syndrome." I'm wondering if it goes by something else unless I am having a massive brain fart. There are a plethora of conditions that can result in a blue baby aside from just acute hypoxia from respiratory origin so I am not sure of which condition this is specially referring to, but this is not a term referenced in NRP, Stable, or the Academy of Neonatal Nurses trainings which is the foundation of most NICU training and education; at least in my area.

I'll have to ask tomorrow some of our NNP's about this; good info!

Mike
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Hmm.. I work in a Level 3B Neonatal ICU which is practically the highest level and have never in my life heard mention of "Blue Baby Syndrome." I'm wondering if it goes by something else unless I am having a massive brain fart. There are a plethora of conditions that can result in a blue baby aside from just acute hypoxia from respiratory origin so I am not sure of which condition this is specially referring to, but this is not a term referenced in NRP, Stable, or the Academy of Neonatal Nurses trainings which is the foundation of most NICU training and education; at least in my area.

I'll have to ask tomorrow some of our NNP's about this; good info!

Mike

Here ya go brother... if you want full text access hit me up tomo

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1638204/
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Just finished a workout with White Flood reborn and iForce PN.. LAWWWD HAVE MERCY.

Saturday is chest day and I'm gonna stack 1 scoop of hemavol with those 2.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 12:18 PM
  2. How long do you take off
    By jvb20 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 04:46 PM
  3. How long can I take Nolvadex?
    By laurier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 12:00 PM