Potassium Nitrate - how long can you take this s*$t?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8


    Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Let me first preface my response to say (emphatically) that it is not my intent to offend you (or anyone) but to offer a more open minded, analytical and substantive perspective to just about everything you will hear (read) as hear-say on this board and every other out there. Although I am going to "quote" words and statements from your last post I am in no way looking to offend or attack you.

    Physiologically is there any adverse or ill effects to running this indefinitely? If so where is the substantive data to support it?
    Physiologically is there any beneficial or positive effect to running this indefinitely? If so where is the substantive data to support it?

    I "feel", "what other people say", "it seems" to be the "norm" or 'standard" to "cycle things for 8 weeks" without substantive data to support it does not make it fact and is perpetuating misinformation.
    Excellent post. Nothing is clear cut. Some supplements even show a "sensitizing" effect...the effects actually increase with time (melatonin, ECA). The devil is in the details.

    David, space out your BA dose. High bolus doses show increased urinary excretion of BA (bad) and histamine release (can impair breathing and cause tracheal constriction...mildly of course). With food, in spread doses, works best
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  2. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8


    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    spread it out.. problem solved
    Vitamin C should be taken immediately with nitrates
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Registered User
    veaderko's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    975
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Let me first preface my response to say (emphatically) that it is not my intent to offend you (or anyone) but to offer a more open minded, analytical and substantive perspective to just about everything you will hear (read) as hear-say on this board and every other out there. Although I am going to "quote" words and statements from your last post I am in no way looking to offend or attack you.

    Physiologically is there any adverse or ill effects to running this indefinitely? If so where is the substantive data to support it?
    Physiologically is there any beneficial or positive effect to running this indefinitely? If so where is the substantive data to support it?

    I "feel", "what other people say", "it seems" to be the "norm" or 'standard" to "cycle things for 8 weeks" without substantive data to support it does not make it fact and is perpetuating misinformation.
    No offense taken. I appologize if it seemed that I was offended. It has been a very long day at work and just coming out of a show I havent been to the gym and slowly adding carbs back in.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Vitamin C should be taken immediately with nitrates
    I know that. I was referring to the remaining 1500 mg that the other poster said they take. Take 500 with the nitrates and the remaining spread out.. Vaughn was saying g that there are potential neg sides from mega dosing at once.
  5. Registered User
    cjwav34's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    120
    Answers
    0


    I've been ingesting 1g of KNO3 almost daily for months now and continue to have great results.
  6. Banned
    bakerwil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    751
    Answers
    0


    (6 caps Nutrigaurd / 500mg VC)
    I found after loading for a couple of weeks - that it is only needed on workout days (3-4 days per week). For two weeks, I used it everyday and then for 2 more weeks, I used it only on workout days. My body reacted better to using it only on workout days.
  7. Registered User
    cjwav34's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    120
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bakerwil View Post
    (6 caps Nutrigaurd / 500mg VC)
    I found after loading for a couple of weeks - that it is only needed on workout days (3-4 days per week). For two weeks, I used it everyday and then for 2 more weeks, I used it only on workout days. My body reacted better to using it only on workout days.
    I wouldn't recommend going over 4 caps of that product.
  8. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8


    Quote Originally Posted by cjwav34 View Post
    I wouldn't recommend going over 4 caps of that product.
    Blasphemy!
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  9. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

    Here ya go brother... if you want full text access hit me up tomo

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1638204/
    Oooohh.. Well if you would have said methemoglobinemia than i would have understood lol srs. Typically we call in erythrocyte or generalized reductase deficiency, or diseased m hemaglobin. We are typically drawing arterial gases on these babies often. I want to say if i recall correctly, one of the first measures we take is initiation of vitamin c prior to exchange transfusions which just flat out suck doing; we dont deal with this all to often though.

    The term blue baby is very misleading because these babies are usually gray, not blue. Blue blue blue babies are seen with emergent cardiac anomalies.

    Good info tho, makes sense now!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  10. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    No offense taken. I appologize if it seemed that I was offended. It has been a very long day at work and just coming out of a show I havent been to the gym and slowly adding carbs back in.
    No, it wasn't you. I too have days and try to be conscious of my tone.
  11. Registered User
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,872
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Been so far ahead of the curve...

    Food grade KNO3.
    I take it with 300mg caffeine and in recent months have added 5 grams of beta-alanine and bumped the l-citrullne to 8 grams.
    You and I exchanged PM about this some time ago (thank you).

    Today is my first day using a protocol very similar to yours. I did not include the B-A, but added 800 mg of arginine.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 12:18 PM
  2. How long do you take off
    By jvb20 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 04:46 PM
  3. How long can I take Nolvadex?
    By laurier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 12:00 PM
  4. How long can I take Nolvadex?
    By laurier in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 07:56 AM
  5. How long can I take Nolvadex?
    By laurier in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 07:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in