Why are Companies Jumping on the Dendrobium Bandwagon?

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As the title says. Hasn't this stuff pretty much been proven to have no PEA activity or any stimulate activity for that matter? We all know what product made this popular. We also know that product is being pulled from shelves because of it being spiked with ingredients responsible for its effects and it sure as hell wasn't the Dendrobium. I feel like all of these companies are just trying to make a fast buck of the hype of Dendrobium from the whole Craze deal when it was never responsible for its effects in the first place.

Even great reputable companies are resorting to this and it drives me nuts. I know that there is a void in the stimulant market after 1,3 went the wayside but this is ridiculous.

If somebody can provide any good data that shows Dendrobium is not utterly useless than I will apologize and stand corrected. However, I think its just companies pulling a fast one to cash in.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One word: Dendrobex.

It's supposedly a proprietary blend of dendrobium extracts but of course, nobody apart from DS really knows what's in Dendrobex. As you have stated, PEA has yet been shown to be naturally occurring in dendrobium yet in Dendrobex, one of the extracts which is being purported to be from dendrobium is PEA which brings to question, does dendrobium indeed contain PEA? If not, why is Dendrobex claimed to be purely dendrobium extract but contain a specific compound which is not naturally occurring in the plant. There is a possibility that PEA is naturally occurring and DS has found some secret way to extract it. All this has pretty much been a mystery since Craze came out.

So with all that in mind, since Craze is pretty much the top dog in preworkouts and Craze claims to get most of it's magic from Dendrobex which DS claims is entirely made up of dendrobium extracts, companies are simply monetizing on the hype over dendrobium and thus it looks nice on the label.

Considering all of the above, have you seen MTS Clash? It's pretty nice that they use the LACK of dendrobium as a selling point (they also point out that PEA has yet to be demonstrated to be found naturally in dendrobium). It's a nice breath of fresh air in that respect.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
One word: Dendrobex.

It's supposedly a proprietary blend of dendrobium extracts but of course, nobody apart from DS really knows what's in Dendrobex. As you have stated, PEA has yet been shown to be naturally occurring in dendrobium yet in Dendrobex, one of the extracts which is being purported to be from dendrobium is PEA which brings to question, does dendrobium indeed contain PEA? If not, why is Dendrobex claimed to be purely dendrobium extract but contain a specific compound which is not naturally occurring in the plant. There is a possibility that PEA is naturally occurring and DS has found some secret way to extract it. All this has pretty much been a mystery since Craze came out.

So with all that in mind, since Craze is pretty much the top dog in preworkouts and Craze claims to get most of it's magic from Dendrobex which DS claims is entirely made up of dendrobium extracts, companies are simply monetizing on the hype over dendrobium and thus it looks nice on the label.

Considering all of the above, have you seen MTS Clash? It's pretty nice that they use the LACK of dendrobium as a selling point (they also point out that PEA has yet to be demonstrated to be found naturally in dendrobium). It's a nice breath of fresh air in that respect.
Thanks and that is exactly my point. DS claims Dendrobex is what gives Craze its kick but who knows what that stuff is tainted with. With all the recent reports and even BB.com dropping it I think everyone knows better. I just hate to see companies I once viewed as very innovative resorting to this.

That MST product looks pretty good I have never heard of it before. I am still waiting for the new ClearShot with 2 novel stims. If anyone will bring out a new stim that isn't crap, it is PA.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks and that is exactly my point. DS claims Dendrobex is what gives Craze its kick but who knows what that stuff is tainted with. With all the recent reports and even BB.com dropping it I think everyone knows better. I just hate to see companies I once viewed as very innovative resorting to this.

That MST product looks pretty good I have never heard of it before. I am still waiting for the new ClearShot with 2 novel stims. If anyone will bring out a new stim that isn't crap, it is PA.
Wait, WUT?!? BB.com dropped it as well now?!? Holy shmokes! I really have been missing all the fun from there! Good thing my month long ban is being lifted in another few days. LoL.

MTS Nutrition is basically Marc Lobliner's line of products. I've only ever tried the MTS Whey. Good whey if you just want basic protein flavours.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wait, WUT?!? BB.com dropped it as well now?!? Holy shmokes! I really have been missing all the fun from there! Good thing my month long ban is being lifted in another few days. LoL.

MTS Nutrition is basically Marc Lobliner's line of products. I've only ever tried the MTS Whey. Good whey if you just want basic protein flavours.
Yeah I never go on there but I saw they dropped it and sure enough its gone. Nutra dropped it as well. Surprisingly, GNC still carries it. MTS is featured on Nutra's home page now. M

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I never go on there but I saw they dropped it and sure enough its gone. Nutra dropped it as well. Surprisingly, GNC still carries it. MTS is featured on Nutra's home page now. M
Craze is GNC's new baby man. Ha ha. They don't have anymore OG Jack3d to pimp.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
I agree with this.. I was especially disappointed when AEN (Athletic Edge Nutrition) reformulated PreSurge dropping the GPLC and andding Dendrobium. I was really surprised that company known for being innovative would stoop to that level.. To make a fast buck

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with this.. I was especially disappointed when AEN (Athletic Edge Nutrition) reformulated PreSurge dropping the GPLC and andding Dendrobium. I was really surprised that company known for being innovative would stoop to that level.. To make a fast buck
I feel that GPLC is kind of a bunk ingredient at the doses which we see commonly included in products. Studied dose is MANY TIMES more than what most products with GPLC contains AND the increased NOS effect too prolonged daily use before NOS levels were notably affected.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
anyone wanna enlighten me on what ended up happening with craze? i stopped following it a long tme ago, and now im interested in what was in it. did they actually find amphetamine?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone wanna enlighten me on what ended up happening with craze? i stopped following it a long tme ago, and now im interested in what was in it. did they actually find amphetamine?
Nobody knows but apparently bb.com stopped carrying it supposedly which to me is big news. Dendrobex is still a mystery as much as it was from like a year ago. The big overhanging question mark is still the questions are if the dendrobium is a red herring or not, is the raws just not being QC'd properly thus having the amphetamines show up on some tests but not others, is Dendrobex actually a synthetic blend with ingredient(s) which are not being listed on the label, if the PEA does naturally appear in dendrobium, etc. Who knows. What we do know is that Detonate contains Dendrobex as Gaspari licensed that from DS (DS owns Dendrobex) so the common link between Craze and Detonate would logically be the Dendrobex.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A couple big time names had Craze independently tested for eth-amphetamine and it came back positive.

Here's ESPN's article on it: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9527817/amphetamines-latest-concern-supplement-industry

You'll see Ron Kramer's named as one of the individuals who facilitated the test.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As the title says. Hasn't this stuff pretty much been proven to have no PEA activity or any stimulate activity for that matter? We all know what product made this popular. We also know that product is being pulled from shelves because of it being spiked with ingredients responsible for its effects and it sure as hell wasn't the Dendrobium. I feel like all of these companies are just trying to make a fast buck of the hype of Dendrobium from the whole Craze deal when it was never responsible for its effects in the first place.

Even great reputable companies are resorting to this and it drives me nuts. I know that there is a void in the stimulant market after 1,3 went the wayside but this is ridiculous.

If somebody can provide any good data that shows Dendrobium is not utterly useless than I will apologize and stand corrected. However, I think its just companies pulling a fast one to cash in.
MAN Gameday had its dendrobium tested and it is eth-free. If you want the dendro focus without illegal stimulants, Gameday is your product!

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
thats strange because i just passed an employment drug test last week while taking pre lawsuit craze for the last several months. wouldnt the emphetamines set off a red flag?

btw, get this everybody. im a part time trainer that sells alcohol at bevmo as his 2nd job. dafuq right?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
thats strange because i just passed an employment drug test last week while taking pre lawsuit craze for the last several months. wouldnt the emphetamines set off a red flag?

btw, get this everybody. im a part time trainer that sells alcohol at bevmo as his 2nd job. dafuq right?
A typical urine immunoassay drug test will not pick this up.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
MAN Gameday had its dendrobium tested and it is eth-free. If you want the dendro focus without illegal stimulants, Gameday is your product!
Not to be a dick but wasn't the eth-amphetamine what made the Dendrobium in Craze good in the first place? Why would I want an ingredient with no proven efficacy once the spiked ingredient is eliminated? I was a huge MAN fan and still think CLOUT is one of the best products of all time. However, I really question why the new gameday formula contains this

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
well that would explain it, lucky me if thats the case

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A typical urine immunoassay drug test will not pick this up.
This.

Trust me, if BB.com who was famous for banning anyone even remotely inferring that Craze was tainted stopped selling this product all together, than something is definitely not right.

PA stated from the beginning things weren't as they seemed until DS sent their Lawyers on him. I don't ever recall him being wrong or lying about a product he tested.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Correct. Detonate was pulled from all stores. It apparently contained twice the Eth-Amphetamine that Craze did.

Mod edit: leave personal legal issues out.
Sorry about that. Wasn't thinking it was a big deal since it was in the ESPN article posted above but now that I think about it I should have let it be. Not trying to start a bunch of drama I am honestly curious as to whether or not there is any information supporting the efficacy of this ingredient.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
There are no PEAs in Dendrobium. If anyone can prove otherwise please do.

It seems companies are throwing Dendrobium in their products solely for the purpose of having the "craze ingredient" on their label.

But I've yet to feel any dendrobium containing product coming close to craze.

You will also notice every dendrobium containing product also contains another powerful stimulant like yohimbine or higenamine. If dendrobium was loaded with potent PEAs then why the need for additional stims?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It's similar to putting glutamine in a BCAA product. Consumers recognize the name, many are convinced it works, and they buy the product. I don't blame companies at all for using dendrobium...it's not like it hurts the formula, it simply does nothing. But you have to remember, each company has to fill a niche in the mainstream, and label recognition is a necessary evil

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think this is just a marketing scam by the companies. If your not educated maybe you wouldn't notice them trying to rip you off but we know better. They are really trying hard to make money these days.