DAA Effectiveness Debunked? - AnabolicMinds.com

DAA Effectiveness Debunked?

DAA Effectiveness Debunked?

Please google "Suppversity", the latest post on that website should be. (Sorry I can't link just yet)When Hype Meets Reality: D-Aspartic Acid Turns Out to Be Another Supplemental Nonstarter in First Human Trial With Any Relevance for Healthy Young Men

Interesting read on a study done on DAA in normal testosterone range atheletes, showing no changes. I only just skimmed through it.

I'm really surprised as this goes against all the anecdotal reports I've seen.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I never felt any difference on DAA and I even did a blood test after one cycle and my test levels came back lower than it ever been
    Bunk for me!
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    I never felt any difference on DAA and I even did a blood test after one cycle and my test levels came back lower than it ever been
    Bunk for me!
    What brand did you use?
    •   

Quote Originally Posted by Mission1 View Post
    What brand did you use?
    Primaforce and SNS...
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Why it Sodium DAA used, or just DAA?

Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Primaforce and SNS...
    I trust sns. But I use Testforce 2 I and I feel it within 2 days. Starts with a libido rush for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mission1 View Post
    I trust sns. But I use Testforce 2 I and I feel it within 2 days. Starts with a libido rush for me.
    I never got anything out of it, no libido, no energy no nothing
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

I never got anything out of it, no libido, no energy no nothing
    Wow. Sorry to hear. I've gone down that road with other supplements. Don't give up. Train, eat, sleep, and then supplements. Battle of chemistry , sometimes.
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.

DAA never did a thing for me but make me feel bloated for some reason, and yes ive tried it 3 times with 3 different brands
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.

DAA would still be effective in a low test environment like PCT. Just not with normal hormone levels.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Primaforce and SNS...
    I hope you saved your Used Product Container from SNS, at least even when a product doesn't work the way you hoped it would you can still get free stuff from it
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

DAA worked wonders for me in pct. Never felt a supplement like I felt tcf 1 by primordial performance and I can't wait to try testforce 2
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Why it Sodium DAA used, or just DAA?
    I think it's just DAA, the brand is listed as Better Body Sports.
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    DAA would still be effective in a low test environment like PCT. Just not with normal hormone levels.
    I've always felt that this is where it shines the most. Low level environments.
    Expecting it to pack on tons of mass would obviously be a stretch.

I'd also like to point out that though this study was very well done its still one study. I'd wait for a little reproducibility before saying the DAA sky is falling.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    I've always felt that this is where it shines the most. Low level environments.
    Expecting it to pack on tons of mass would obviously be a stretch.

I'd also like to point out that though this study was very well done its still one study. I'd wait for a little reproducibility before saying the DAA sky is falling.
    I think from what one can take from the Willoughby study is that at a certain point, the body's mechanisms to maintain homeostasis kicks in and thus prevents increase in test above and beyond normal levels. It is however unclear from the Willoughby study if the body just doesn't produce actual test much past normal levels from DAA supplementation or if the body is producing the extra test but the extra test is being converted to estrogen (again, there's always that homeostasis element one needs to overcome). So if it is converting the extra above normal test into estrogen, maybe using an AI in conjunction will then yield the results one was going for when supplementing with DAA in the first place?

I do recall a long long long ways back, there were some blood work floating around on forums where it was shown that DAA supplementation not only did not increase free test but it actually increased estrogen levels (indicating that DAA supplementation may actually have produced more free test but the caveat being the body took the free test and converted it to estrogen).

Mind you, I'm not a scientist by any stretch of the imagination, so I can be missing something here :P For example, they mention DDO levels rose which I am guessing cancels out DDA at some point, but I'm still unclear how much of an impact that rise of DDO has on test production from DDA.

Similar Forum Threads

1. DAA having laxative effect
    By ELROCK in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 04:18 PM
  2. What's the most effective DAA stack?
    By costco77 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 12:08 PM
  3. DAA-effects on the brain?
    By sizematters10 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22