• First Up Vote
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting. Perhaps it is the age difference? The Topo et al study used men 27-37 while this when used men 18-23. It is possible that the T levels for the men in this study were already in the upper range so DAA didnt make as much of an impact as it did for the other study.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I disagree.
What is it you disagree with? Please elaborate what exactly in this study it is that you have a problem with

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting. Perhaps it is the age difference? The Topo et al study used men 27-37 while this when used men 18-23. It is possible that the T levels for the men in this study were already in the upper range so DAA didnt make as much of an impact as it did for the other study.

That makes sense. DAA is pretty dramatic as far as results go when I take it. I turned 41 last month.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Someone get me the full text please. It's plausible that the fact that DAA didn't even significantly increase plasma levels is indicative of the fact that bulk DAA has a very poor bioavailability (vs the sodium DAA in the 42% study). But idk if they used sodium DAA [email protected] would like the FT though :D

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Someone get me the full text please. It's plausible that the fact that DAA didn't even significantly increase plasma levels is indicative of the fact that bulk DAA has a very poor bioavailability (vs the sodium DAA in the 42% study). But idk if they used sodium DAA [email protected] would like the FT though :D
I sent it mr.Statistics69

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Got it, thanks. The study looks very well-conducted. One thing I will say is that the effect of DAA on LH, while not statistically significant, appears to be considerable, especially since GnRH decreased in both groups. So another theory for these results is that 1 month of supplementation allows adequate homeostatic compensation to occur in response to increased LH release by DAA. But again, just a theory

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bulk DAA has a very poor bioavailability (vs the sodium DAA in the 42% study). But idk if they used sodium DAA here...
Considering that solubility of aminos is a function of pH, there really shouldn't be a difference in DAA vs sodium d-aspartate.

I messaged you some additional thoughts on this ;)

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Guess that's why TCF 1 works so good huh? The delivery system

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Considering that solubility of aminos is a function of pH, there really shouldn't be a difference in DAA vs sodium d-aspartate.

I messaged you some additional thoughts on this ;)
Except that ionic bonding to sodium or chelation with Mg/Ca results in a salt or chelate, not an amino acid

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Once DAA is dissolved in water the pH of minimum solubility is about pH 3.0 and once it enters the stomach it is neutralized to about a pH of 7-8 at which point DAA should become pretty damn soluble.

Yes the sodium bonding changes the solubility but this is its solubility in water, not the gut. Once DAA enters the gut the lack of solubility in water at a neutral pH really becomes irrelevant when we are discussing bioavailability and absorption, does it not? I honestly dont see why this should matter

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting discussion! I'll tag along.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Once DAA is dissolved in water the pH of minimum solubility is about pH 3.0 and once it enters the stomach it is neutralized to about a pH of 7-8 at which point DAA should become pretty damn soluble.

Yes the sodium bonding changes the solubility but this is its solubility in water, not the gut. Once DAA enters the gut the lack of solubility in water at a neutral pH really becomes irrelevant when we are discussing bioavailability and absorption, does it not? I honestly dont see why this should matter
I don't follow this post. The pH of a DAA solution is neutralized in the stomach?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is horribly written!

"Because there are data supporting the role of D-ASP supplementation in increasing endogenous testosterone levels, this amino acid product may prove beneficial as a means in which to increase muscle performance associated with heavy resistance training. However, because there appears to be a paucity of human studies dealing with D-ASP supplementation, and apparently none when D-ASP is ingested in conjunction with resistance training, we hypothesized that D-ASP would not increase endogenous testosterone levels or improve muscular performance associated with resistance training."

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who wants to be a jolly good fellow and send me the FT as well please? :)

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
So have we arrived at a consensus about DAA then?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm kind of surprised at the little increase of hormones compared to the 42% study, but not surprised at all in the other results. I've enjoyed DAA outside of GI issues, but testing strength and muscle mass...I mean isn't that more of a exogenous hormone thing and not a natural test booster thing?

I can only see the abstract so I can't see all the details.

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'd like to read the FT as well. Any body have a link to it the FT article?

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That makes sense. DAA is pretty dramatic as far as results go when I take it. I turned 41 last month.
I believe this is the main aspect. The lower you are the more affect it may have.
I definitely notice when I am using DAA personally. I run on the lower end of normal in my levels, though I feel great and have no symptoms.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On a similar note I know of a similar study going on right now that will be peer reviewed and published, hopefully by the end of the year......

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep you got it. Should be pretty interesting.
They were excited about it this weekend while I was helping out with the Dallas Europa.
Speaking of the Europa; did you save me a shirt like I asked?!?

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speaking of the Europa; did you save me a shirt like I asked?!?
I didn't even get a shirt! They threw them all into the crowd/shirt cannon before I could get my hands on one :(

I do have a bunch of extras of the new shirts. What size?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't even get a shirt! They threw them all into the crowd/shirt cannon before I could get my hands on one :(

I do have a bunch of extras of the new shirts. What size?
That's ridiculous.

XL.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive been looking at those black EL/ST shirts for a while, and the new grey looks awesome.

Hopefully, I can afford to get some soon to go with my red one.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I believe this is the main aspect. The lower you are the more affect it may have.
I definitely notice when I am using DAA personally. I run on the lower end of normal in my levels, though I feel great and have no symptoms.
I won some DAA from Allmax the other day but after reading the study (and Coop's opinion regarding it) I think I won a tub of Placebo powder :34:

sdunlimited

sdunlimited

Awards
Also interested in the FT. Anybody have additional details they can provide?

Tx