Need to cycle HMB - AnabolicMinds.com

Need to cycle HMB

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Need to cycle HMB

As something found naturally in foods and a metabolite of leucine, I would assume not. But looking for confirmation of this... 3g dosing a day
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html

2. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    As something found naturally in foods and a metabolite of leucine, I would assume not. But looking for confirmation of this... 3g dosing a day
    Absolutely not. Unless you're trying to make it last longer. In which case it's best during peak training weeks or hard points of dieting.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post

Absolutely not. Unless you're trying to make it last longer. In which case it's best during peak training weeks or hard points of dieting.
    awesome thanks. I'm loving it so far. It's the only chnge I've made to my supplementation and I'm feeling way stronger, fuller, more alive, less pains, and just generally healing so much better
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
    •   

4. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I remember i took it about 4 years ago while i was in school and running about 10 miles a week or so and training almost everyday and i definitely noticed an increase in recovery. I need to grab some more eventualy.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  5. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

HMB huh? Haven't heard that used for a while. Is it making a comeback? lol
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't really care for HMB in the first place.. not a fan.

7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I remember i took it about 4 years ago while i was in school and running about 10 miles a week or so and training almost everyday and i definitely noticed an increase in recovery. I need to grab some more eventualy.
    Nice, Im training 5 days M-F pretty high volume mix of power (2-5 reps) and then a couple sets of 20 on aux lifts along with 3 days of HIIT alternating 1 minute sprints for speed one day, hills the next, and then power the last (on a bike) for 20 second intervals. I really love the way im feeling tho for sure. I took it when I was like 16-17 and cut down to single digit bf and really helped during that. Now in just using it on a lean bulk bc my ability to recover is very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    HMB huh? Haven't heard that used for a while. Is it making a comeback? lol
    Comeback idk lol but I'm buying it!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    I don't really care for HMB in the first place.. not a fan.
    To each their own. There's some current popular stuff I don't really care for tbh
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You should be good to go. Dosages as high as 38g for a 150lbs male seems to be the upper limit for toxicity; so assuming you have 3g, you are well below the that threshold.

Leucine is more effective gram for gram for muscle protein synthesis (not attenuating breakdown; which the presence of insulin does anyway). This kind of leads to the hypothesis that HMB is the 'anti-catabolic' metabolite of Leucine, but again, insulin is largely anti-catabolic as well (attenuating protein breakdown).

HMB and Leucine both stimulate to some degree the release of insulin.

I'm unsure why it gets a bad rap, TBH I only know a little about it but when used in conjuction with Leucine, it would seem to be a good combo. In for more insight though.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  9. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

HMB seems to work during overreaching phases. Since ched is in a chronic state of overreaching/overtraining, I can see why he may be benefiting. But for 99% of people, you're better off with Leucine
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    HMB seems to work during overreaching phases. Since ched is in a chronic state of overreaching/overtraining, I can see why he may be benefiting. But for 99% of people, you're better off with Leucine
    Lol that sounds almost sarcastic.

I am gonna pick up the analyzed sups leucine to add to it. I recall several sources citing that combination to be very effective
  11. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lol that sounds almost sarcastic.

I am gonna pick up the analyzed sups leucine to add to it. I recall several sources citing that combination to be very effective
    Nah, that was my informative tone lol.

You should consider adding L-arginine for the GH boost too!

That's my sarcastic tone
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

HMB is one of those things only a few people will benefit from. Those who truly train their ass off, the injured, and those new to weights. You can save money by only using it during peak training weeks or hard dieting phases. There are good articles on Lean Bulk.com about new HMB research.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. do you need to cycle off of creatine? /pre workout supp?
    By theBIGcactus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 02:17 PM
  2. Do I need to cycle off natural T boosters?
    By paradigmer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 12:09 PM
  3. Do you need to "cycle" Fat Burners + Diet Pills??
    By aerlyn02 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 05:18 PM
  4. Gaspari Thyrotabs, a need to cycle?
    By bombBoogie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 12:08 AM