Flax seed vs cissus

1. Registered User
    Answers

Flax seed vs cissus

Which would be better for joint pain in your opinion? I've tried cissus in the past at 2g a day 1 in the morning one at night. But I've read some stuff on how flaxseed is great for joint/tendon/ and ligaments. Is it similar to fish oil? I've tried that in the past and it tears me up inside.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Answers

A person would take Flax seed for ALA, and Fish oil for EPA and DHA. Cissus isn't really in the same category, but you could easily take all three if you needed to. iForce Joint Help and Fish Oil make for a great stack. I do know people who use both Flax Seed and Fish Oil though, and then vegans will take Flax instead of Fish Oil.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SoupNaziNazi View Post
    Which would be better for joint pain in your opinion? I've tried cissus in the past at 2g a day 1 in the morning one at night. But I've read some stuff on how flaxseed is great for joint/tendon/ and ligaments. Is it similar to fish oil? I've tried that in the past and it tears me up inside.
    Fish oil tearing you up inside you should Nordic naturals or Carlson try instead of walmart heavy metal fish and others similar to that cheap lot.
    Flaxseeds in no way to going in for the help to joints like cissus, but too I love the Chia seeds the most of all especially lately to add for the Alphamine smoothie for great fiber and nice brilliant lot of oils too.
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
    •   

4. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Flax seed cannot be compared to cissus.

If i were you id grab some fish oil and then grab some iForce joint help which has cissus in it, or even AX Joint Restore, it doesnt have cissus in it but its a great product.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Cissus, by a landslide.

6. Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I took cissus for a couple years, wasnt real sure if it worked or not, but with all the hype I decided to use it since its not too expensive...then I switched to AXs Athletic Joint Repair...100% better! All the little nagging aches and pains went away before I even finished my first bottle. I still use 6 grams of fishoil a day, but I always have just for general health.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Cissus, by a landslide.
    This.
    You can go with iForce Joint Help which I have used numerous times and had a log on it. It has 1000mg per serving of Cissus Quadrangularis which is used for healing injured ligaments and tendons.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

If you want something for joint health, then cissus is your obvious answer. If you are looking for something a little more complete than just cissus alone for not to much more, Joint Help with the inclusion of paractin capable of producing immediate effects would be your best bet.

Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Flax and fish oils are quite different; as mentioned earlier, flax is ALA based which has a very low conversion to EPA/DHA (like 5%). Go for Fish oil instead if your looking for the benefits of EPA/DHA.

Cissus will blow it out of the water joint support wise though.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Answers

If you're using fish oil daily and getting around 2g EPA/DHA content, i'd skip the flax seed and go with Cissus. Cissus is one of those things that once I started using it I couldn't comprehend how I ever lived without it. Such a big quality of life bonus. My shoulders used to be in agony almost every time I lifted and now I live almost pain free.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  11. Registered User
    Answers

I wouldn't use either for strictly joint support.

I'd go with fish oil/Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM for joints!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Definitely stack iForce's Joint Help( contains 1000mg Cissus Quadrangularis) and and Fish oil.

those together aand you should be set!
    Myokem Rep
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I would try USP Super Cissus at 3200mg a day. 4 caps. I've always had great results with it
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Flax Seed Oil vs Fish Oil.....(Again???)
    By specmike in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 07:22 PM
  2. flax seed oil suggestions
    By mauibuilt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 07:20 AM
  3. Flax seed oil and cancer
    By kranden in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 05:41 PM
  4. The Benefits of Flax Seed