Combining bulk ingredients all in one?

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
Never really read anything about this so I figured I'd start a new thread. So let's say I'm somewhat tight on money & decide to go the bulk route, & I have anywhere from 3-5 ingredients. Has anybody ever tried to combine them all together into one container with proper enough mixing to make it effective? Obviously you'd have to calculate ratios of each ingredients but I really just hate lugging around all these separate containers in my gym bag. I just had a 500g tub of glutamine peptides bust open in there probably because of all the tubs hitting each other, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated!

rphash49

Awards
Never really read anything about this so I figured I'd start a new thread. So let's say I'm somewhat tight on money & decide to go the bulk route, & I have anywhere from 3-5 ingredients. Has anybody ever tried to combine them all together into one container with proper enough mixing to make it effective? Obviously you'd have to calculate ratios of each ingredients but I really just hate lugging around all these separate containers in my gym bag. I just had a 500g tub of glutamine peptides bust open in there probably because of all the tubs hitting each other, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated!
I would think the biggest problem or concern would be to make sure it is completely mixed. Also would have to figure out how much of each compound is in a scoop or whatever dosage 'tool' you are using.

rphash49

Awards
Not sure of what you are wanting to mix but the consistency of some supps could also cause an issue.

Example: bulk DAA consistency is like cooking flower and idk most preworkouts are more granular like sugar. Even if you could get a consistent mix I would guess the heavier sugar like compounds would slowly move toward the bottom of the container as it moved around.

You could always test it with a little bit of the product and see if it separates after a couple days

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
I would think the biggest problem or concern would be to make sure it is completely mixed. Also would have to figure out how much of each compound is in a scoop or whatever dosage 'tool' you are using.
Not sure of what you are wanting to mix but the consistency of some supps could also cause an issue.

Example: bulk DAA consistency is like cooking flower and idk most preworkouts are more granular like sugar. Even if you could get a consistent mix I would guess the heavier sugar like compounds would slowly move toward the bottom of the container as it moved around.

You could always test it with a little bit of the product and see if it separates after a couple days
That definitely makes sense. I guess I didn't really consider that beforehand. It sounds like it would be a bigger hassle getting it to work than to carry around individual tubs. I just thought I would bring up the topic because I've never heard of anyone doing such before.

rphash49

Awards
One idea would be to mix and put in capsules. Pretty cheap to do if you have the time to mess with it

rphash49

Awards
But I'm with you. I have my gym bag with me 24-7 which has 5-10 different supp containers at any given time.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd just mix the day of, so much more simple. I do that with all my bulk SNS product. I do a "home made" pre workout that I prepare before going to the gym, i'd never pre mix 30 servings in a tub, not very accurate to do that at home.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Yes. I do it quite a bit. I actually do it on a 28 serving basis and use a little 1 g scoop to make it easy on serving for me.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
some people cap their own powders for this very reason.

rphash49

Awards
some people cap their own powders for this very reason.
Yeah I tried to go that route once. Bought caps and a kit. Total pain in the ass. So I mix the day of or just tote it all around

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
I've thought about just mixing it in my car or trunk before I walk in but I don't want anybody getting any ideas that I'm Walter White over here. One of the main hassles is carrying 2 bags. 1 gym bag with supplements & all my gear (belt/straps/otterbox/lock/headphones/gym shoes) & then a book bag for my work clothes, towel & shower goods. So cutting down the stuff I actually took into the gym would help a little. Anybody have any luck with like 3-in-1 shakers or something similar? Even that would help.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Never tried to do that. I know how you feel though, I like to use bulk ingredients when I can. I tend to just mix up whatever in a cup with water and try to take caps along for the rest of it. I've got bulk Cit-Mal powder that I take with me though, can't find high dose caps I guess. I get some in Hemavol and Compete, but I like to get about 10g. I have never pre-mixed the powder in a tub though. Good luck if you try it out.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
If you mix multiple ingredients together in the same tub you have to consider that some of those ingredients are lighter than others and the heavier ingredients may settle at the bottom of the tub... Or it may not mix evenly and you'll get "hot spots" where one ingredient is in higher concentration than another. If you have a small container where you can just fit in a single serving of each ingredient and refill everyday that would probably be the best way to do it.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I do exactly this. NP BCAA's for a base, Beta Alanine, Creatine and Vitamin C.
I use this as a base for everything, for example:
For preworkout - add CM and Agmatine and Caffeine or add your preworkout to it
For pre, intra, post workout or focus,- Add LCLT or ALCAR or PLCAR or Choline etc... for intra, add CM and more agmatine.
I usually have 2-3 servings a day of BCAA's along with the other stuff.
Saves wads of $ better spent on other Supps!

bce

Awards
Like somebody else said, just make your concoction for that day. I just get mine ready in the extra container part of my smartshake and voila. It's not like its time consuming.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'd just mix the day of, so much more simple. I do that with all my bulk SNS product. I do a "home made" pre workout that I prepare before going to the gym, i'd never pre mix 30 servings in a tub, not very accurate to do that at home.
This. Mix before going rather than pre-mix IMO. Settling of some ingredients will occur and you will find some scoops would be underdosed and some overdosed of some ingredients.

Say if you had a 20g scoop; how could you guarantee you were getting in exactly 6-9g Cit Mal or exactly 1g Agmatine in each scoop? You couldn't. I would dose in baggies if you opted for a planned route.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If you mix multiple ingredients together in the same tub you have to consider that some of those ingredients are lighter than others and the heavier ingredients may settle at the bottom of the tub... Or it may not mix evenly and you'll get "hot spots" where one ingredient is in higher concentration than another. If you have a small container where you can just fit in a single serving of each ingredient and refill everyday that would probably be the best way to do it.
Well said.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
By mixing the container well and giving it a shake before grabbing a serving. Works really well and saves a ton of time..
Edit: Yeah definitely. Saves heaps of time, but just remember it may not mix the way you intend.

:D

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Edit: Yeah definitely. Saves heaps of time, but just remember it may not mix the way you intend.

:D
My cit mal is always clumping together in the container, if I tried to mix it in anything I know I will end up with at least one boulder of cit mal in my mix lol

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually mix day of.

But some suggestions if you want to mix your ingredients in whole.

-Stick with mixing things with relatively similar serving size together. If you have 5g of one thing and 100mg of another, your mix is VERY prone to giving you 300mg of the lower dose in one scoop and 50mg in the next.

-You should really only do this for ingredients where the exact daily dose is not very rigid. your creatine, your beta alanine, your citrullines, etc...As long as you're getting enough consistently, then it's not going to matter a great deal if your day to day consumption varies by some %.

-As you've probably guessed by the prior two comments, NEVER mix stimulants in with your larger serving bulks. That's a recipe for disaster.

-Always shake the tub.

-If you want to mix stimulant bulks, buy a capsule filling stand, a milligram scale, and take an hour to weigh out and fill your capsules. It might seem like an annoying initial investment, but it's better than accidentally overdosing on stims. And you're saving money with bulks so it works out in the long run anyway.

-Finally, buy SNS bulk powders, they're available at a better price per weight than just about any other company.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I've thought about just mixing it in my car or trunk before I walk in but I don't want anybody getting any ideas that I'm Walter White over here. One of the main hassles is carrying 2 bags. 1 gym bag with supplements & all my gear (belt/straps/otterbox/lock/headphones/gym shoes) & then a book bag for my work clothes, towel & shower goods. So cutting down the stuff I actually took into the gym would help a little. Anybody have any luck with like 3-in-1 shakers or something similar? Even that would help.
I thought I saw you cooking up some meth

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
Thanks for all the replies fellas. I think I'm gonna start out pre-mixing into small ziplocks until I can find a good 3-in-1 shaker or something along those lines to make work. Could possibly look into the capping route but I'll weigh my options. (Pun intended)

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually mix day of.

-Stick with mixing things with relatively similar serving size together. If you have 5g of one thing and 100mg of another, your mix is VERY prone to giving you 300mg of the lower dose in one scoop and 50mg in the next.

-You should really only do this for ingredients where the exact daily dose is not very rigid. your creatine, your beta alanine, your citrullines, etc...As long as you're getting enough consistently, then it's not going to matter a great deal if your day to day consumption varies by some %.

-As you've probably guessed by the prior two comments, NEVER mix stimulants in with your larger serving bulks. That's a recipe for disaster.

-Always shake the tub.

-If you want to mix stimulant bulks, buy a capsule filling stand, a milligram scale, and take an hour to weigh out and fill your capsules. It might seem like an annoying initial investment, but it's better than accidentally overdosing on stims. And you're saving money with bulks so it works out in the long run anyway.

-Finally, buy SNS bulk powders, they're available at a better price per weight than just about any other company.
This.

Even perfectly made powder supplements at cGMP NSF certified manufacturers are not exact serving/serving.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
My cit mal is always clumping together in the container, if I tried to mix it in anything I know I will end up with at least one boulder of cit mal in my mix lol
I find BCAA, Creatine and Beta Alanine mix well as a staple. Add CM etc...to that...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lol yes! That's why I pre-mix in little baggies. It doesn't take too long :D

I usually mix day of.

-Always shake the tub.

Great post.