Before physical examination for health insurance... - AnabolicMinds.com

Before physical examination for health insurance...

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.

Before physical examination for health insurance...

I am going to take physical examinations next week for health insurance, but I am not sure if the supplements I am taking will affect the results.

I am currently taking:

Whey: ON golden whey protein,
    Creatine: creatine mono,
    Pre-Workout: Fierce Domination (1 scoop) +Neurocore (1 scoop)
    T-Booster: DAA+Erase
    Others: MSM, Multivitamin.

Should I stop taking any of those supplements before my physical examination? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Stop the preworkouts so that your BP and HR are normal on physical. Other than that, should be fine, except maybe DAA/Erase increasing testicular size (a good thing).
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.

Thanks man. How many days before the exam I should stop the perworkouts? Do you have any suggestions?
    •   

4. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Day before. Are you getting bloodwork too? If so, stop training ~3 days prior. DAA and Erase will throw off your T and E numbers (not in a bad way though).
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.

I am not sure about bloodwork, but it's my first time taking physical exam for the health insurance, so I assume they want everything from me, including my blood lol

Thanks a lot!
  6. New Member

For sure you want to stop the creatine a couple of days before the exam. I didn't stop the creatine before an annual physical and the doc freaked--just had me redo the blood work and of course I stopped several days before and all was well.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by musclepumper View Post
    For sure you want to stop the creatine a couple of days before the exam. I didn't stop the creatine before an annual physical and the doc freaked--just had me redo the blood work and of course I stopped several days before and all was well.
    Creatine should only raise creatinine levels, no big deal. It shouldn't lower over night either. If your not fasting then probably no bloods.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

I agree with Coop on this one.
  9. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    Creatine should only raise creatinine levels, no big deal. It shouldn't lower over night either. If your not fasting then probably no bloods.
    Monohydrate actually doesn't affect creatinine levels, interestingly. CEE however...it shoots them through the roof
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.

I guess I will just stop all the supplements 3days before the exam since I need to stop training for that exam and bloodwork lol
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Monohydrate actually doesn't affect creatinine levels, interestingly. CEE however...it shoots them through the roof
    Interesting. Someone should tell my doctor.

about 10 weeks ago, I was doing a log for FinaFlex with their CreaTrona. I did blood the last week of the log just by coincidence. My creat levels came back 1.41. My doc asked me to go 4 weeks off due to the high levels to see if creatinine drops and it dropped to 1.14. my bloods where drawn 5 weeks apart. Does CEE effect Creatinine or is that just coincidence.

Serious Question, not being a dik.
    Last edited by 02sixxer; 08-16-2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Serious question
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  12. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

about 10 weeks ago, I was doing a log for FinaFlex with their CreaTrona. I did blood the last week of the log just by coincidence. My creat levels came back 1.41. My doc asked me to go 4 weeks off due to the high levels to see if creatinine drops and it dropped to 1.14. my bloods where drawn 5 weeks apart. Does CEE effect Creatinine or is that just coincidence.

It's been shown in numerous studies that CEE will generally cyclize into creatinine soon after consumption. Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure I've read both in vitro biological pH simulated studies as well as in vivo. So probably not just a coincidence.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You could also look in to iForce Heart Help and Fish Oil for general health benefits.
  14. Diamond Member

CreaTona has a built in pH reducing ingredient (bad thing). The high acidity of the gastric environment actually protects against creatine cyclization to creatinine via protonation upon ingestion. So it is plausible that creatona was responsible for your increased creatinine levels
  15. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

CreaTona has a built in pH reducing ingredient (bad thing). The high acidity of the gastric environment actually protects against creatine cyclization to creatinine via protonation upon ingestion. So it is plausible that creatona was responsible for your increased creatinine levels
    Idk anything about creatona but if it had a pH reducing ingredient, and the high acidity protects via protonation, then how would that be bad or really do anything at all different than if it wasn't in there at all?
  16. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by todd muelheim View Post

Idk anything about creatona but if it had a pH reducing ingredient, and the high acidity protects via protonation, then how would that be bad or really do anything at all different than if it wasn't in there at all?
    My mistake, pH INCREASING ingredient is what I meant (bicarbonate)
  17. Advanced Member

My mistake, pH INCREASING ingredient is what I meant (bicarbonate)
    Why would they even do that?
  18. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by todd muelheim View Post
    Why would they even do that?
    I don't know. The whole thing that makes oral creatine monohydrate work is that the amide gets protonated upon exposure to a low pH...driving the pH up serves to decrease the bioavailability of monohydrate (which is ~100%) while creating a worthless and possibly detrimental metabolite.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't know. The whole thing that makes oral creatine monohydrate work is that the amide gets protonated upon exposure to a low pH...driving the pH up serves to decrease the bioavailability of monohydrate (which is ~100%) while creating a worthless and possibly detrimental metabolite.

20. Advanced Member

This.
  21. Advanced Member

I can't stop laughing at this. Bitch.
  22. Diamond Member

End of the series is looking to be epic!
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My creat levels came back 1.41. Does CEE effect Creatinine or is that just coincidence.

From a medical standpoint, unless there's underlying kidney issues, bb'ers and weightlifters have notoriously elevated blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels. It's completely normal... I assure you.
    Your GFR (glomerular filtration rate) is what you/Doc need to be watching...
  24. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    From a medical standpoint, unless there's underlying kidney issues, bb'ers and weightlifters have notoriously elevated blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels. It's completely normal... I assure you.
    Your GFR (glomerular filtration rate) is what you/Doc need to be watching...
    A standard blood panel cannot track GFR absent creatinine unless there's an infusion of inulin.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by laneanders View Post
    You could also look in to iForce Heart Help and Fish Oil for general health benefits.
    Lol @ off topic shilling
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.

Just got my letter from the insurance company. "The physical exam must include exam notes including history and physical, height and weight, lipid panel, blood pressure, CBC (complete blood count), Chem-20 (SMA20) and urinalysis."

So I guess blood work is involved ...
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  165 lbs.

Breaking Bad science advice, love it.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Stop the preworkouts so that your BP and HR are normal on physical. Other than that, should be fine, except maybe DAA/Erase increasing testicular size (a good thing).
    damnit.. they didnt check my nuts for my work physical!!!

agreed with the pre.. I'd stop is a day or two prior.

Mike
  29. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by sunfood View Post
    Just got my letter from the insurance company. "The physical exam must include exam notes including history and physical, height and weight, lipid panel, blood pressure, CBC (complete blood count), Chem-20 (SMA20) and urinalysis."

So I guess blood work is involved ...
    Right, they will take blood and urine samples the day of the physical....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Health insurance
    By DmitryWI in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 07:08 AM
  2. Health Insurance!
    By jasser in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 10:36 PM
  3. Drinking water for health & muscle
    By natedogg in forum Weight Loss