Before physical examination for health insurance...

sunfood

Awards
I am going to take physical examinations next week for health insurance, but I am not sure if the supplements I am taking will affect the results.

I am currently taking:

Whey: ON golden whey protein,
Creatine: creatine mono,
Pre-Workout: Fierce Domination (1 scoop) +Neurocore (1 scoop)
T-Booster: DAA+Erase
Others: MSM, Multivitamin.

Should I stop taking any of those supplements before my physical examination? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Stop the preworkouts so that your BP and HR are normal on physical. Other than that, should be fine, except maybe DAA/Erase increasing testicular size (a good thing).

sunfood

Awards
Thanks man. How many days before the exam I should stop the perworkouts? Do you have any suggestions?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Day before. Are you getting bloodwork too? If so, stop training ~3 days prior. DAA and Erase will throw off your T and E numbers (not in a bad way though).

sunfood

Awards
I am not sure about bloodwork, but it's my first time taking physical exam for the health insurance, so I assume they want everything from me, including my blood lol

Thanks a lot!

musclepumper

Awards
For sure you want to stop the creatine a couple of days before the exam. I didn't stop the creatine before an annual physical and the doc freaked--just had me redo the blood work and of course I stopped several days before and all was well.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
For sure you want to stop the creatine a couple of days before the exam. I didn't stop the creatine before an annual physical and the doc freaked--just had me redo the blood work and of course I stopped several days before and all was well.
Creatine should only raise creatinine levels, no big deal. It shouldn't lower over night either. If your not fasting then probably no bloods.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Creatine should only raise creatinine levels, no big deal. It shouldn't lower over night either. If your not fasting then probably no bloods.
Monohydrate actually doesn't affect creatinine levels, interestingly. CEE however...it shoots them through the roof

sunfood

Awards
I guess I will just stop all the supplements 3days before the exam since I need to stop training for that exam and bloodwork lol

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Monohydrate actually doesn't affect creatinine levels, interestingly. CEE however...it shoots them through the roof
Interesting. Someone should tell my doctor.

about 10 weeks ago, I was doing a log for FinaFlex with their CreaTrona. I did blood the last week of the log just by coincidence. My creat levels came back 1.41. My doc asked me to go 4 weeks off due to the high levels to see if creatinine drops and it dropped to 1.14. my bloods where drawn 5 weeks apart. Does CEE effect Creatinine or is that just coincidence.

Serious Question, not being a dik.

Last edited:
toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established

about 10 weeks ago, I was doing a log for FinaFlex with their CreaTrona. I did blood the last week of the log just by coincidence. My creat levels came back 1.41. My doc asked me to go 4 weeks off due to the high levels to see if creatinine drops and it dropped to 1.14. my bloods where drawn 5 weeks apart. Does CEE effect Creatinine or is that just coincidence.

It's been shown in numerous studies that CEE will generally cyclize into creatinine soon after consumption. Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure I've read both in vitro biological pH simulated studies as well as in vivo. So probably not just a coincidence.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
You could also look in to iForce Heart Help and Fish Oil for general health benefits.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

CreaTona has a built in pH reducing ingredient (bad thing). The high acidity of the gastric environment actually protects against creatine cyclization to creatinine via protonation upon ingestion. So it is plausible that creatona was responsible for your increased creatinine levels

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
CreaTona has a built in pH reducing ingredient (bad thing). The high acidity of the gastric environment actually protects against creatine cyclization to creatinine via protonation upon ingestion. So it is plausible that creatona was responsible for your increased creatinine levels
Idk anything about creatona but if it had a pH reducing ingredient, and the high acidity protects via protonation, then how would that be bad or really do anything at all different than if it wasn't in there at all?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Idk anything about creatona but if it had a pH reducing ingredient, and the high acidity protects via protonation, then how would that be bad or really do anything at all different than if it wasn't in there at all?
My mistake, pH INCREASING ingredient is what I meant (bicarbonate)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why would they even do that?
I don't know. The whole thing that makes oral creatine monohydrate work is that the amide gets protonated upon exposure to a low pH...driving the pH up serves to decrease the bioavailability of monohydrate (which is ~100%) while creating a worthless and possibly detrimental metabolite.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don't know. The whole thing that makes oral creatine monohydrate work is that the amide gets protonated upon exposure to a low pH...driving the pH up serves to decrease the bioavailability of monohydrate (which is ~100%) while creating a worthless and possibly detrimental metabolite.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I can't stop laughing at this. Bitch.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My creat levels came back 1.41. Does CEE effect Creatinine or is that just coincidence.

From a medical standpoint, unless there's underlying kidney issues, bb'ers and weightlifters have notoriously elevated blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels. It's completely normal... I assure you.
Your GFR (glomerular filtration rate) is what you/Doc need to be watching...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
From a medical standpoint, unless there's underlying kidney issues, bb'ers and weightlifters have notoriously elevated blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels. It's completely normal... I assure you.
Your GFR (glomerular filtration rate) is what you/Doc need to be watching...
A standard blood panel cannot track GFR absent creatinine unless there's an infusion of inulin.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

sunfood

Awards
Just got my letter from the insurance company. "The physical exam must include exam notes including history and physical, height and weight, lipid panel, blood pressure, CBC (complete blood count), Chem-20 (SMA20) and urinalysis."

So I guess blood work is involved ...

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stop the preworkouts so that your BP and HR are normal on physical. Other than that, should be fine, except maybe DAA/Erase increasing testicular size (a good thing).
damnit.. they didnt check my nuts for my work physical!!!

agreed with the pre.. I'd stop is a day or two prior.

Mike

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Just got my letter from the insurance company. "The physical exam must include exam notes including history and physical, height and weight, lipid panel, blood pressure, CBC (complete blood count), Chem-20 (SMA20) and urinalysis."

So I guess blood work is involved ...
Right, they will take blood and urine samples the day of the physical....