How to alleviate joint pain?

phoenixstrike

phoenixstrike

Awards
So again I don't post very often I can usually find what I am looking for, but I'm going to just start posting threads if I have questions instead of prowling the forums. I've got some pretty bad joints as of the past several years.

I've seen a doctor and apparently I have tendonitis in my shoulder and elbow. The issue seems to be sporadic though, as it comes and goes whenever it takes a notion.

I've used cissus products and glucosamine chondroitin in the past. My question is what would be the BEST stack for alleviating joint pain?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you looked into Joint Help yet?

it contains a full dose of cissus, but also includes the patented ingredient ParActin which is a potent anti-inflammatory and offers both immediate and long term pain relief.

Do a quick search for reviews, and youll see that everyone who tries it raves about its ability to remove their joint/tendonitis pain

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established

it contains a full dose of cissus, but also includes the patented ingredient ParActin which is a potent anti-inflammatory and offers both immediate and long term pain relief.

Do a quick search for reviews, and youll see that everyone who tries it raves about its ability to remove their joint/tendonitis pain
this!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
My joint stack consist of Cissus XT,fish oils,and Orange Triad.It has helped me so much,I also have joint issues and pain,I used to have trouble even moving well for days after activity.This has for sure been the most effective joint combo I have used!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So again I don't post very often I can usually find what I am looking for, but I'm going to just start posting threads if I have questions instead of prowling the forums. I've got some pretty bad joints as of the past several years.

I've seen a doctor and apparently I have tendonitis in my shoulder and elbow. The issue seems to be sporadic though, as it comes and goes whenever it takes a notion.

I've used cissus products and glucosamine chondroitin in the past. My question is what would be the BEST stack for alleviating joint pain?
You want to hit it from as many angles as possible with effective doses. Check out Formutech Flexible:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/formutech-nutrition/flexible-240-veggie-capsules.html

Proper dosages of MSM, glucosamine, chondroitin, hyaluronic acid, and cissus. Works like a charm!

I actually 1/2 dose it and it works great for me, makes a tub last 2 months

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OP I use joint help almost every day along with copious amounts of fish oil and my joints feel great at age 41.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Use iForce Joint Help for your cissus needs.

I also have elbow tendonitis and it has helped more than anything else I have used. Also try adding iForce Peppermint Fish Oil for additional benefits.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

OP I use joint help almost every day along with copious amounts of fish oil and my joints feel great at age 41.
Use iForce Joint Help for your cissus needs.

I also have elbow tendonitis and it has helped more than anything else I have used. Also try adding iForce Peppermint Fish Oil for additional benefits.
I'm clearly outnumbered. lol

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Athletes Joint Restore, Joint Force and fish oil has been the best combo I have used. Achilles and Joint Help work great too.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Flexible gets my vote. Best priced and more than adequately dosed... in everything.

Mikey84

Mikey84

Awards
I would also recommend iForce Joint Help! Stuff truly is amazing.
However If you're pain is really bad I would opt for an iForce Joint Help + Ergopharm Joint Force combo!
Use the joint force for its localized benefits to help with the inflammation in your troubled areas.

Good luck!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I would also recommend iForce Joint Help! Stuff truly is amazing.
However If you're pain is really bad I would opt for an iForce Joint Help + Ergopharm Joint Force combo!
Use the joint force for its localized benefits to help with the inflammation in your troubled areas.

Good luck!
Good call there I love Joint Help, but for almost immediate relief of pain Joint Force is a great addition. I find the Cissus in Joint Help is great for keeping the pain at bay, but Joint Force makes it go away very quickly.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Joint Help is hard to beat - ParActin + a quality cissus extract is a sick combination to alleviate pain and help maintain joint health.

Also be sure to check out our fish oil - it's ideal as a general health supplement because of the myriad of benefits it provides, including improving joint health - plus iForce's contains 500mg EPA/DHA per cap and is one of the highest quality and most affordable on the market. Add in the fact that it's infused with peppermint oil for great-tasting burps and you've got a real winner. :D

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I use Joint Help and Fish Oil to help with my issues. They become every more apparent the closer I get to a show, and this prep I have used exlusivly Joint Hep and Fish Oil. Recently in another thread just found out that Cissus is what helps a lot for joints, and luckly Joint help has it. Plus the use of fish oil for anti- inflammation.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add glucosamine caps to the iForce Joint Help. Im 53 and this really is effective for joint inflammation and repair.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

This. I logged it and it was great. Also like ax joint restore

phoenixstrike

phoenixstrike

Awards
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm checking in to the supplements that have been recommended.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Joint Help by iForce is awesome and it has quality ingredients.Combine that with Fish oil and you are set! Good luck alleviating your pain bro!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Paractin imo is by far one of the best ingredients due to its immediate pain relief effects. Hard to beat imo.

Mike

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
AppNut's osteo-sport...you'll feel permanent relief in a week

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Ghrp-2 & cjc-1295 worked to completely cure my bunnies case of tendinitis..
100mcg 3 × a day dosing ghrp-2
100mcg 3× a day cjc-1295 w/o DAC
;)

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've used a ton of joint support products over the years. And my list of what works is a short one despite the countless products I've tried.

JointForce
Athletes joint restore
Cissus
High dose of fish and/or krill oil
And allflex by all max.

Personally the last three weeks have been amazing for my joints. Feel like I did when I was 12 years old lol. I've been on a Combo of products though. I've been spraying jointforce on both knees and shoulders and taking two athlete joint restores a day and fish oil every morning with breakfast.

I haven't had a chance to try jointhelp yet but the formula looks good and it's been getting great reviews. I know I force is a quality company so I'm sure it will be a solid choice.

Good luck op and keep us updated on your progress.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
High amounts of fish oil.

Glucosamine chondrointin msm

Super cissus

LivingStrongE

Awards
Joint Help is awesome for joint repairs. I've did a review on it a while back and I felt great after using it a couple of times.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Joint Help is awesome for joint repairs. I've did a review on it a while back and I felt great after using it a couple of times.
I think I remember your review. Joint help has saved many many people, including myself!

Mike

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
2 bottles did nothing for me even at 8 a day
Same, I double dosed it too. One of few app nut products that didn't work for me. Joint help, joint force, sns cissus, bcs elastiflex, and core flex are all great options.

I'm also almost done a bottle of achilles with added cissus and my biceps tendinitis is much better, but it could be incidental

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same, I double dosed it too. One of few app nut products that didn't work for me. Joint help, joint force, sns cissus, bcs elastiflex, and core flex are all great options.

I'm also almost done a bottle of achilles with added cissus and my biceps tendinitis is much better, but it could be incidental
How bad is your bicep tendinitis coop? I've got it in my left arm. As of now it doesn't bother me much but it does flare up every once and a while and really pisses me off.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
How bad is your bicep tendinitis coop? I've got it in my left arm. As of now it doesn't bother me much but it does flare up every once and a while and really pisses me off.
Kinda the same way, I don't feel it most of the time but when it flairs up, it's stupid how weak I am. Like putting plates on the bar hurts from having to lift them with my biceps. You get that too?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Voodoo bands, get them. They're like 25 bucks and have made a world of difference for my tendonitis.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kinda the same way, I don't feel it most of the time but when it flairs up, it's stupid how weak I am. Like putting plates on the bar hurts from having to lift them with my biceps. You get that too?
Oh yeah. When it flares up and really starts to hurt I can hardly lift anything. And I wouldn't dare try to lift anything above my shoulders.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Cissus XT or Joint Help.

LetsLiftBraah

Awards
Staying away from hammering repetitive compound movements and resting weight on your joints - not saying you do that but alot of people do and then whine about having joint problems

laneanders

laneanders

Awards

I've had similar results in the past with that particular product. I haven't tried quite as many as you have though from the looks of it. Using Orange Triad and Joint Help + Joint Force usually solves it for me.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not wholly convimnced that cissus is all that safe,but I do hear that it works without issue for some.

I would opt for the more old school,tried and true treatments.BUy them in bulk powder form,CVS /Rite Aid when at half price or NP.

Glucosamine sulfate
1500mg ED

chondroiton
2 g ED

Fish oil
Tablespoon of Carlson's a day.Capsules oxidize too quickly

MSM
4-6 G ( 2 grams on rest days with another 4 grams on training days with meals)
Marc McDougal has posted why higher MSM dosing is sweet.Research that over on mindandmuscle.if you please.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AppNut's osteo-sport...you'll feel permanent relief in a week
No, this product did diddly squat for me. I gave it a chance but I should have known better looking at the ingredients on the label (essentially underdosed in everything in a very significant way). One and only AppNut product I've ever tried, kind of turned me off from wanting to give any of their other products a shot even though I'm very curious about Drive.

xhrr

Awards
Not wholly convimnced that cissus is all that safe,but I do hear that it works without issue for some.

I would opt for the more old school,tried and true treatments.BUy them in bulk powder form,CVS /Rite Aid when at half price or NP.

Glucosamine sulfate
1500mg ED

chondroiton
2 g ED

Fish oil
Tablespoon of Carlson's a day.Capsules oxidize too quickly

MSM
4-6 G ( 2 grams on rest days with another 4 grams on training days with meals)
Marc McDougal has posted why higher MSM dosing is sweet.Research that over on mindandmuscle.if you please.
Not convinced an ayurvedic herb used for centuries is safe despite studies and no reports of anything that would lead one to believe it is not safe? Works for a company selling prohormones..........

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not convinced an ayurvedic herb used for centuries is safe despite studies and no reports of anything that would lead one to believe it is not safe? Works for a company selling prohormones..........
On the flip side, not all PH is actually harmful especially when used as directed, so there is that...

xhrr

Awards
On the flip side, not all PH is actually harmful especially when used as directed, so there is that...
That is plausible but you have absolutely nothing to back that. Were messing with the endocrine system so I would argue something that suppresses cannot be considered bulletproof in terms of safety.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is plausible but you have absolutely nothing to back that.
Nor would you have anything to back the opposing view at least to oppose it to the effect of a general blanket statement that all PH is harmful which is in turn what you are implying here.

xhrr

Awards
Nor would you have anything to back the opposing view at least to oppose it to the effect of a general blanket statement that all PH is harmful which is in turn what you are implying here.
Look I was just pointing out that the irony is overwhelming when cissus has a great safety profile. Show me a study where a PH/DS has no negative side effects, maybe they go unnoticed but if you have blood panels it certainly has negative implications on general health in the short term and who knows about the long term.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look I was just pointing out that the irony is overwhelming when cissus has a great safety profile. Show me a study where a PH/DS has no negative side effects, maybe they go unnoticed but if you have blood panels it certainly has negative implications on general health in the short term and who knows about the long term.
Actually, early PH from back in the day didn't really have many serious side effects especially when used as directed. The later ones as people tried to come up with new compounds however to get around compound bans, especially from companies which were dubious at best, those did pose safety concerns.

Now, for cissus, I use it and I personally think it's effective. However, I'm not going to make claims of safety on it but what I can say is that there really hasn't been safety studies done on cissus. Heck, how cissus works isn't even all that well understood even though it has been used in history for a very long time prior to introduction as a supplement in the west.

So at the end of the day, just like you are suggesting that PH may have negative impacts on health, the same could be said about cissus since the safety of cissus is mostly if not entirely based on anecdotal findings, much like you would see with PH. Big difference here however is that we can look at the PH available, look at their chemical make up and with an understanding of how these chemical components gets broken down and utilized in the body, we can have a pretty good idea in regards to their toxicity, can't really say the same about cissus though since much of cissus is still a mystery and a lot of theory.

I'm not pro or con to PH or cissus though. Just pointing out that what you were implying here about PH was a little silly, especially when PH compounds are far more better understood than cissus.

xhrr

Awards
Actually, early PH from back in the day didn't really have many serious side effects especially when used as directed. The later ones as people tried to come up with new compounds however to get around compound bans, especially from companies which were dubious at best, those did pose safety concerns.

Now, for cissus, I use it and I personally think it's effective. However, I'm not going to make claims of safety on it but what I can say is that there really hasn't been safety studies done on cissus. Heck, how cissus works isn't even all that well understood even though it has been used in history for a very long time prior to introduction as a supplement in the west.

So at the end of the day, just like you are suggesting that PH may have negative impacts on health, the same could be said about cissus since the safety of cissus is mostly if not entirely based on anecdotal findings, much like you would see with PH. Big difference here however is that we can look at the PH available, look at their chemical make up and with an understanding of how these chemical components gets broken down and utilized in the body, we can have a pretty good idea in regards to their toxicity, can't really say the same about cissus though since much of cissus is still a mystery and a lot of theory.

I'm not pro or con to PH or cissus though. Just pointing out that what you were implying here about PH was a little silly, especially when PH compounds are far more better understood than cissus.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22976133 Safety

1) Bhagath, K.P., et al (2009). Petroleum Ether Extract of Cissus Quadrangularis (Linn.) Enhances Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cell Proliferation and Facilitates Osteoblastogenesis. Clinics (Sao Paulo). October; 64(10): 993–998.
2) Muthusami, S., et al (2011). Effects of cissus quadrangularis on the proliferation, differentiation and matrix mineralization of human osteoblast like SaOS-2 cells. J Cell Biochem. Apr;112(4):1035-45.
3) Parisuthiman, D., et al (2009). Cissus quadrangularis extract enhances biomineralization through up-regulation of MAPK-dependent alkaline phosphatase activity in osteoblasts. Journal In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. Mar-Apr;45(3-4):194-200.

There are some studies on how it works in bone. I would assume the positive effects on joints and tendons is do to the analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties it also possesses.

I'm done with the PH talk I have limited knowledge but the irony in his statement is still overwhelming.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22976133 Safety

1) Bhagath, K.P., et al (2009). Petroleum Ether Extract of Cissus Quadrangularis (Linn.) Enhances Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cell Proliferation and Facilitates Osteoblastogenesis. Clinics (Sao Paulo). October; 64(10): 993–998.
2) Muthusami, S., et al (2011). Effects of cissus quadrangularis on the proliferation, differentiation and matrix mineralization of human osteoblast like SaOS-2 cells. J Cell Biochem. Apr;112(4):1035-45.
3) Parisuthiman, D., et al (2009). Cissus quadrangularis extract enhances biomineralization through up-regulation of MAPK-dependent alkaline phosphatase activity in osteoblasts. Journal In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. Mar-Apr;45(3-4):194-200.

There are some studies on how it works in bone. I would assume the positive effects on joints and tendons is do to the analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties it also possesses.

I'm done with the PH talk I have limited knowledge but the irony in his statement is still overwhelming.
Again, we are talking about the SAFETY of cissus NOT the benefits of cissus. All those studies you've referenced are showing the benefits of cissus but there's no real established SAFETY of cissus. Anecdotal evidence would suggest it's safe but it's never been clinically proven. So with that in mind, the only reason you find irony in the statement in question is because you are ASSUMING that all PH are dangerous. As you have stated, you have limited knowledge in PH but clearly you have demonstrated that you are apparently biased against PH and operating under the assumption that all PH are dangerous.

I'm actually not on your side or on the other person's side, I was just pointing out how you are comparing the safety of PH to the safety of cissus when the fact is that they both do not have clinically proven safety data (however, let it be noted that for PH, at least for the PH back in the day, there's actually a lot of clinical and human trial data available to demonstrate effects both positive and negative, and at the end of the day, when used as directed, they were relatively safe, it's the modern PH's from dubious companies out now which are questionable).

xhrr

Awards
Again, we are talking about the SAFETY of cissus NOT the benefits of cissus. All those studies you've referenced are showing the benefits of cissus but there's no real established SAFETY of cissus. Anecdotal evidence would suggest it's safe but it's never been clinically proven. So with that in mind, the only reason you find irony in the statement in question is because you are ASSUMING that all PH are dangerous. As you have stated, you have limited knowledge in PH but clearly you have demonstrated that you are apparently biased against PH and operating under the assumption that all PH are dangerous.

Well the first link was about safety and you brought up the fact we don't fully understand how cissus works which is why I linked the others.

I'm actually not on your side or on the other person's side, I was just pointing out how you are comparing the safety of PH to the safety of cissus when the fact is that they both do not have clinically proven safety data (however, let it be noted that for PH, at least for the PH back in the day, there's actually a lot of clinical and human trial data available to demonstrate effects both positive and negative, and at the end of the day, when used as directed, they were relatively safe, it's the modern PH's from dubious companies out now which are questionable).
I'm not biased towards PH/AS I just know they come with a degree of health implications and if you disagree so be it but correlation between those that cycle and TRT is enough for me to be weary. Suppressing our bodies own hormone production regardless of cycle supports is in no way healthy. I have nothing against them it is your body but when you work for a company selling new age PH's that we know little about and are on the flip side worried about an ayurvedic herb that is well tolerated, been used for centures, and has safe health profile is ironic. Sorry if that is over your head and maybe studies will come out in the future showing all of these DHEA metabolites like the 1, 4, Nor, etc to be safe but as of now that is speculation unlike cissus.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not biased towards PH/AS I just know they come with a degree of health implications and if you disagree so be it but correlation between those that cycle and TRT is enough for me to be weary. Suppressing our bodies own hormone production regardless of cycle supports is in no way healthy. I have nothing against them it is your body but when you work for a company selling new age PH's that we know little about and are on the flip side worried about an ayurvedic herb that is well tolerated, been used for centures, and has safe health profile is ironic. Sorry if that is over your head and maybe studies will come out in the future showing all of these DHEA metabolites like the 1, 4, Nor, etc to be safe but as of now that is speculation unlike cissus.
As I said, PH especially the old ones before the bans, were relatively safe WHEN USED AS DIRECTED. What part of this is so hard to understand? Tylenol is safe when used as directed, if you abuse them, yeah, could cause issues. Same with Advil, NyQuil, etc.

Also, I've mentioned it AT LEAST 3 times now, yes there are dubious companies out there selling PH which ARE dangerous but you can't just make a blanket statement that all PH are dangerous based off of that.

It appears that nothing in discussion here is over my head, however, it's quite obvious that this whole PH safety discussion is WAY over your head thrice over. The fact that you don't seem to understand that there are NO established studies on cissus safety nor has one ever been conducted to SHOW the safety of cissus (not claiming it's dangerous here, just pointing out how there's no clinical data to demonstrate safety of cissus supplementation) is ALSO way over your head.

Again, bottom line here is that YOU have effectively IGNORED actual clinical data out there for the main PH's (not counting the offshoot versions created to get around bans on certain compounds) and just essentially ASSUMED that PH is dangerous WITHOUT bothering to look into the matter. I mean, you didn't even bother to make correlations (which in itself is poor research and a poor basis for arguing a point) but instead are just ASSUMING the dangers.

Where is there a lack of bias in your arguments like you are claiming? Your arguments thus far about PH/AAS has been ENTIRELY based off of bias since your are ASSUMING that they are dangerous WITHOUT any data to back up your assumptions. As I've said MULTIPLE times already and as the data would support, WHEN USED AS DIRECTED, legit PH/AAS are relatively safe. If you go and abuse them, yeah, you might have health issues associated with that, but then again, you're also abusing them.

Lastly, how is it nothing OTHER than speculation that cissus is safe? Let me quote you:

"on the flip side worried about an ayurvedic herb that is well tolerated, been used for centures, and has safe health profile is ironic."

WHERE IS THE DATA TO SHOW THAT IT IS WELL TOLERATED AND HAS A SAFE HEALTH PROFILE? The ONLY data available is anecdotal, THAT IS IT. You claiming that it is well tolerated and has a safe health profile is NOTHING more than speculation and assumption IF we are to go by clinical data available (which there are none for the safety of cissus). Legitimate PH/AAS on the other hand, there's data to support their safety and to demonstrate relatively safe dosing for them. THERE'S DATA to demonstrate effects both positive and negative AS WELL AS ESTABLISHED dosing data. There's really none available for cissus at least in terms of safety for cissus (though again, IMO cissus is safe, but there is no data to really support this ASSUMPTION).

Basically, can't conclusively say that PH/AAS or cissus is safe due to the lack of data BUT there's actually FAR MORE data available for PH/AAS than there is for cissus. I'm just pointing that out, you on the other hand have your mind set on saying that PH/AAS are outright dangerous even though you 1) stated that you are not knowledgeable on the subject matter of PH/AAS and 2) obviously have no clinical data to support your assumptions (thus demonstrating clear bias even in the face of the actual available data which would suggest that your assumptions are more or less unfounded when PH/AAS are taken as directed and not aggressively abused).

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even double dosed it doesnt even contain no where near the dosages to be effective
Exactly my thoughts when I looked at the label but I still decided to give it a go. Osteo Sport at the end of the day effectively did diddly squat for me. Smh.

xhrr

Awards
Even double dosed it doesnt even contain no where near the dosages to be effective
Haha that's what led me to double dose it from the start thinking just maybe I'll get something out of it, luckily I got them for free.