Intra-Workout Options

phoenixstrike

phoenixstrike

Awards
I've been lurking for awhile, but I haven't seen much about intra-workouts lately. So I'm curious what are the best options out there from the intra-workout category?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Endurance, purple wraath, compete, gatorade, plain water, xf ice, core abc, karbolyn, karbolic, sweet potatoe.....etc

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I really like Compete right now, and I use it as both a pre-workout (in conjunction with Hemavol for non-stim purposes) and as an intra-workout. So I drink it before and during my workouts. The Tangy Tangerine is probably the best tasting supplement in any category I have ever had.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cellucor Cor beta BCAAs is my favourite if you want a intra product that is chock full of extra goodies.

Recently though, I've been using Glycofuse + Aminolast.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
I've been lurking for awhile, but I haven't seen much about intra-workouts lately. So I'm curious what are the best options out there from the intra-workout category?
thats because intras arnt really that useful for a typical liftr. if youre an athlete with crazy long workouts, or you work out fasted for awhile, then thats a different story

my vote goes to gatorade or any other sugar/electrolyte mix

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I like to use my BCAAs intra workout. It really works the best for me. I would really consider a decent supp to stack this with but my main ingredient is BCAAs. I enjoy MGNs BCAA Extended Performance. I can get you some samples if you would like just send me a private message. Good luck on your training.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Compete is good( I like the tangy tangerine flavor). It can be used as a pre and intra and be stacked with other products such as Hemavol! You should def check it over on nutraplanet

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Amino X-Cel for BCS Labs product.. couldn't recall the name earlier.

L

LivingStrongE

Awards
I love Compete lemon drop! I need to try tangy tangerine though since it's being recommended.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FINAFLEX Bcaa+SAA has been treating me very well and the green apple and blue raz flavors have been getting great reviews. My recovery has been the best its ever been which is always a good thing!

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cellucor Cor beta BCAAs is my favourite if you want a intra product that is chock full of extra goodies.

Recently though, I've been using Glycofuse + Aminolast.
This, the new Modern BCAA Plus, or Strive

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I like Karbolyn and Modern BCAA+

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
all depends what im doing. working out weight lifting and cardio. iForce Compete

bjj sparing/wrestling Compete + vitargo [if the training last longer than an hr]

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
all depends what im doing. working out weight lifting and cardio. iForce Compete

bjj sparing/wrestling Compete + vitargo [if the training last longer than an hr]
Overall how are you like vitargo in comparison to other intra carb sources?

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I like to use iForce Compete.
I have also used Biotest Plasma.

Both work great, just depends on what you are looking for exactly. Plasma comes unflavored and recommended to be mixed in 2000mL of water. Compete is easier to handle and sits better in my stomach.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Compete.

The effects are noticeable your very first dose. It tastes amazing, and its entirely non-prop blend.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i can't wait to try compete

all i've ever really used was regular bcaa's, compete has the carnitine in it which intrigues me on performance inside the gym

phoenixstrike

phoenixstrike

Awards
Alright. Thanks for the information, I've looked into all of the products that have been mentioned so far. I'm probably going to go with Compete and some type of fast absorption carb source.

I've used Xtend several times in the past as well, and I will surely use it again in the future. Going to try something I haven't used yet this time around.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright. Thanks for the information, I've looked into all of the products that have been mentioned so far. I'm probably going to go with Compete and some type of fast absorption carb source.

I've used Xtend several times in the past as well, and I will surely use it again in the future. Going to try something I haven't used yet this time around.
good choice, while i never really used xtend as my go to bcaa....i too am looking forward to trying a more complex supplement for intra workout

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
Overall how are you like vitargo in comparison to other intra carb sources?
aside from the price i like it a lot.
if VPX's carbonx came in fruit flavors i'd prolly use theirs instead.

not a fan of AAEFX so i wont buy karbolyn, and PS's Karbolic didnt mix as nicely as other ones.

never tried gaspari's carb or allmax but eventually will.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
For the average gym goer the best way is plain old fashion water. Better for your teeth too! But for someone like me where volume is key bulk bcaas2:1:1 plus a mio squirt or 13 will be enough. I use nothing but water atm. If I had to pick a product though I would choose compete.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Compete is a fantastic intra for all the benefits mentioned thus far - it's the one thing that I always have on hand (besides our peppermint infused fish oil) and won't compromise on...two scoops of Fruit Punch mixed with a gallon of water gets me through the day paving, and through my workout, and I couldn't ask for more noticeable benefits, a better flavoring system, or a better value.

Please let us know what you think - your feedback is valuable to us, and we want to be sure to deliver results to the consumer. Also feel free to contact me or any member of the rep/Minions team if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. :)

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINAFLEX BCAA/SAA
USPlabs MBCAA+
Formutech Nutrition Endurance
Smart Water
Death Metal

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I like to use iForce Compete.
I have also used Biotest Plasma.

Both work great, just depends on what you are looking for exactly. Plasma comes unflavored and recommended to be mixed in 2000mL of water. Compete is easier to handle and sits better in my stomach.
Plazma is 65 bucks for 20 largely useless servings. Come on meow

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
veaderko

veaderko

Awards
65 dollars out of the bank account works for no one.
Its no doubt that you know your stuff and are very knowledgeable. So if you could either on this thread or PM on why you say that. I am genuinely curious to know. Its not like I am paid or anything by them I just feel a surge of energy and a good pump from it.

Hope this doesn't come off as rude, using my phone and at a work meeting (boring).

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its no doubt that you know your stuff and are very knowledgeable. So if you could either on this thread or PM on why you say that. I am genuinely curious to know. Its not like I am paid or anything by them I just feel a surge of energy and a good pump from it.

Hope this doesn't come off as rude, using my phone and at a work meeting (boring).
Looked at the Plazma label, why the heck would anybody think it's a good idea to essentially pay $65 for what is essentially 20 servings of hydrolized casein and carb powder + some electrolytes?

That makes the Bio-Gro I'm currently using feel like a good deal. LoL. (I like Bio-Gro, but a good deal it is not, pretty effective though).

I mean, $60 gets me 1 tub of Aminolast + 1 tub of Glycofuse which would last me a full 30 workouts and I'm essentially getting the same benefits, more servings, and I save $5. Plus that combo is flavoured (excellent flavouring btw). Citrulline malate is also not exactly very expensive to buy a bulk tub of nor is the betaine.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Looked at the Plazma label, why the heck would anybody think it's a good idea to essentially pay $65 for what is essentially 20 servings of hydrolized casein and carb powder + some electrolytes?

That makes the Bio-Gro I'm currently using feel like a good deal. LoL. (I like Bio-Gro, but a good deal it is not, pretty effective though).

I mean, $60 gets me 1 tub of Aminolast + 1 tub of Glycofuse which would last me a full 30 workouts and I'm essentially getting the same benefits, more servings, and I save $5.
Point taken, thank you. I have only used it because my coach has gicen me jugs of it. So for me I at least haven't had to pay for it. I was purely apeaking on my experience of my use on it. So thank you.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Point taken, thank you. I have only used it because my coach has gicen me jugs of it. So for me I at least haven't had to pay for it. I was purely apeaking on my experience of my use on it. So thank you.
Hey, if it's free, take it! Ha ha ha.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
I use INTRABOLIC myself, and find it definitely has made a difference to my workouts. :)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is such a broad question. Goals, training, training times & current diet are important factors.

A lot of ways you can go here, here's mine but keep in mind I'm usually on a keto or crh cycling diet...

Off-season I'm a big fan of ModernBCAA+ with Karbolyn and vanilla isolate.

During Prep I usually go with 2gr LCLT + 6gr Cit malate and 2 scoops modernBCAA+