Are X-gels for me?

St0nes

Awards
Hi all, I'm considering purchasing SNS x-gels due to the benefits towards, strength and endurance the product boasts, however I'm concerned that the physical parameters it stipulates may not fit my criteria. The product states that it will benefit athletes and bodybuilders who commit to a low fat diet as the ArA they produce is low. Now I'm very committed to keeping fit, healthy and try to eat right most of the time. I train a mixture of weight lifting and grappling 4, sometimes 5 days a week, sometimes twice on days, but do I consider myself at athlete status?? My eating regime consists of high protein, mid range - carbs and mid range - fats (not low)! I'm 32, 6ft and 14.3 stone usually, 13.5 stone at grappling comp time. I'd really like the members advice on whether they think this product could benefit me due to my stats and maybe their experiences, many thanks

CJNator

Awards
I don't really know how to convert stones to pounds but ArA is more for loosing fat and gaining muscle at the same time with a good diet, while on it you will have joint pain and your D.O.M.S will be crazy. It may allow you to gain some strength but that is not really the factor of this product. If you want endurance you can go down the SARM (google it if you want to read up on it) route or take creatine and other endurance products online for cheap.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't really know how to convert stones to pounds but ArA is more for loosing fat and gaining muscle at the same time with a good diet, while on it you will have joint pain and your D.O.M.S will be crazy. It may allow you to gain some strength but that is not really the factor of this product. If you want endurance you can go down the SARM (google it if you want to read up on it) route or take creatine and other endurance products online for cheap.
1 stone = about 14lbs I think

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Mehhh

St0nes

Awards
Ok thanks guys. Weight in pounds is about 185 at competition and walking around at 195 to 200 pounds. Will look into Sarms as the worry of DOMS and joint pain concerns me as I'm still recovering from a dislocated elbow from an arm-bar. Cheers for advice

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks guys. Weight in pounds is about 185 at competition and walking around at 195 to 200 pounds. Will look into Sarms as the worry of DOMS and joint pain concerns me as I'm still recovering from a dislocated elbow from an arm-bar. Cheers for advice
You should have tapped! Lol

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recommending a SARM to someone asking about ara is not just off topic but irresponsible. You're no better than the one guy (who I won't name) who recommends anavar in every supplement advice thread. Wtf is wrong with you.

Please don't listen to that guy. For joint issues get a good joint support supplement, if you want a good recommendation I can make one. Beta alanine, creatinol-o-phosphate, citruline malate, and creatine are all great for endurance and SAFE as opposed to sarms.

I'm still learning about ara but am about to run it in my pct. Follow the link in my signature and ask your question in there, I have a few sns reps following me there daily.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
The amount of crap posted on here lately is rediculous....

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The amount of crap posted on here lately is rediculous....
Its everywhere. It wouldn't be a big deal if some of the misinformation wasn't potentially dangerous

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP, the person who posted about SARMS and whatever else, isn't very intelligent obviously. He states strength isn't one of the main benefits from ArA use, which is probably the biggest benefit.

Anyways, I am running ArA at 2 grams per day right now and loving it. The DOMS are noticeable but they are not painful enough to make me not want to run ArA. Also, I have no joint pain from ArA. I know others have stated joint pain, but if you are worried about it, just take fish oil and cissus 4-6 hours away from your ArA dose and that will help.

I would recommend looking into ArA and giving it a try.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi all, I'm considering purchasing SNS x-gels due to the benefits towards, strength and endurance the product boasts, however I'm concerned that the physical parameters it stipulates may not fit my criteria. The product states that it will benefit athletes and bodybuilders who commit to a low fat diet as the ArA they produce is low. Now I'm very committed to keeping fit, healthy and try to eat right most of the time. I train a mixture of weight lifting and grappling 4, sometimes 5 days a week, sometimes twice on days, but do I consider myself at athlete status?? My eating regime consists of high protein, mid range - carbs and mid range - fats (not low)! I'm 32, 6ft and 14.3 stone usually, 13.5 stone at grappling comp time. I'd really like the members advice on whether they think this product could benefit me due to my stats and maybe their experiences, many thanks

X-gels would be of great benefit to you. You can purchase them at Nutraplanet for a good deal.. In the write it isn't saying that only people who eat low fat will benefit. It is just saying that since arachidonic acid is lower in those certain individuals, supplementing with it may have more of a profound effect in that group of people. It is because arachidonic acid is found in fattier types of meats. Most of people the people that have used it have noticed strength and endurance, a lot of people notice the strength a lot more. Then again, it just depends on what your goal is. I think it can be of benefit to all types of athletes. When you try out the X-gels I would increase your calories to see the benefits, especially since you also do grappling, and sometimes workout twice a day. You should still be able to stay lean this way. It's all about balancing your caloric intake. With the X-gels though you should definitely increase your calories somewhat. I'd start with adding 500 calories and going from there.

St0nes

Awards
Cheers all, that's some good advice! I have looked at Sarms (ostarine) and think that might be a consideration for later after trying x-gels.

Also, agreed, I should've tapped!!! Lol

St0nes

Awards
On one of the others forums is was suggested to cycle the ArA through the week and take Monday to Friday. Does anyone agree or disagree with this? Would it matter?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would really highly recommend *against* SARMs. (At least, the current research chemicals available)

At the doses being used by weightlifters they are absolutely supressive.

--

Take your ArA an hour preworkout on days you lift.

St0nes

Awards
Is that doses at 12.5mg / 0.5ml or are you talkin more in the 50 to 75 ranges that it can be suppressive? I have had a look at it and it seems positive but like you say the research chem companies are still investigating it and it's early days

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is that doses at 12.5mg / 0.5ml or are you talkin more in the 50 to 75 ranges that it can be suppressive? I have had a look at it and it seems positive but like you say the research chem companies are still investigating it and it's early days
Just to be clear, research chem companies aren't investigating anything.

They're sourcing clones from china, often of dubious quality, and selling them.

Pharmaceutical companies are the ones doing the research, and there's a reason they suspended research on compounds such as ostarine.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For indurance go with Prescription Nutrition's All-In.

D-Ribose, Beta-Alanine, Creatine HCL, Creatine-O-Phosphate, Citrulline Malate, Agmatine, Leucine

All at fully disclosed and clinically proven doses.

They also have a joint rebuild product: Cissus and hyaluronic acid.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For indurance go with Prescription Nutrition's All-In.

D-Ribose, Beta-Alanine, Creatine HCL, Creatine-O-Phosphate, Citrulline Malate, Agmatine, Leucine

All at fully disclosed and clinically proven doses.

They also have a joint rebuild product: Cissus and hyaluronic acid.
That formula for All-In looks pretty good!

Formutech Flexible is cissus, hyaluronic acid, MSM, glucosamine and chrondroitin sulfate = most complete formula around

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That formula for All-In looks pretty good!

Formutech Flexible is cissus, hyaluronic acid, MSM, glucosamine and chrondroitin sulfate = most complete formula around
Flexible being the most complete formula around? Hells. Yes.

CJNator

Awards
Sorry guys, yes I should have not recommended it but while typing this I was only thinking in-general but forgot to put in the more simpler supplements that are great for endurance.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's an ArA question. Accidentally popped 5 caps yesterday. Popped the usual 4 this morning. Now the remainder of this bottle has only 3 caps. Does it really matter that tomorrow's preworkout dosing is going to be short by 1 cap? Silly question, I know, just wondering if it would make a difference.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OP, the person who posted about SARMS and whatever else, isn't very intelligent obviously. He states strength isn't one of the main benefits from ArA use, which is probably the biggest benefit.

Anyways, I am running ArA at 2 grams per day right now and loving it. The DOMS are noticeable but they are not painful enough to make me not want to run ArA. Also, I have no joint pain from ArA. I know others have stated joint pain, but if you are worried about it, just take fish oil and cissus 4-6 hours away from your ArA dose and that will help.

I would recommend looking into ArA and giving it a try.
Have you tried dosing Cissus/Fish oil 6-8 hours apart from XFA or do you know of anyone who has? I am trying to find out if I can do this without having a big effect on the benefits of ArA. I have a 200 count XFA and will be logging soon :) just working out what to do with joint support.

Also for carnitine with ArA, GPLC would work, right? I have a boatload of it from when a website was selling it at 4 bucks a tub (I would never but it at full price, but for that price, why not). Thanks!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Also, OP, Depending on which type of grappling you do, our routines might be close to identical. I share your concerns about soreness and joint pain, but I am still very excited to see what ArA can do. I will be trying it soon and logging, so please follow if you want to see how it affects me. I also have some joint issues so if I can make it work, you probably will be able to as well ;). In the meantime, I can't recommend Anabeta Elite enough. It increased strength, hardened me up, increased fat burn, decreased fat gain (from any overeating), had a great effect on endurance, and made me feel just awesome in general with no interactions with joint support and no added soreness in joints or muscles. So far, it's not just the best supplement I have tried, it is my idea of the perfect supplement. I logged it (as well as regular Anabeta) a few months ago, if you want to take a look.

Best,
Tyler

St0nes

Awards
Also, OP, Depending on which type of grappling you do, our routines might be close to identical. I share your concerns about soreness and joint pain, but I am still very excited to see what ArA can do. I will be trying it soon and logging, so please follow if you want to see how it affects me. I also have some joint issues so if I can make it work, you probably will be able to as well ;). In the meantime, I can't recommend Anabeta Elite enough. It increased strength, hardened me up, increased fat burn, decreased fat gain (from any overeating), had a great effect on endurance, and made me feel just awesome in general with no interactions with joint support and no added soreness in joints or muscles. So far, it's not just the best supplement I have tried, it is my idea of the perfect supplement. I logged it (as well as regular Anabeta) a few months ago, if you want to take a look.

Best,
Tyler
Thanks for that Tyler I'll look into that supp, always looking for the edge to assist recovery and gains, especially when working so hard. Got a fight coming up in December so will be maxing it on the good eating and supplementation for next few months!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried dosing Cissus/Fish oil 6-8 hours apart from XFA or do you know of anyone who has? I am trying to find out if I can do this without having a big effect on the benefits of ArA. I have a 200 count XFA and will be logging soon :) just working out what to do with joint support.

Also for carnitine with ArA, GPLC would work, right? I have a boatload of it from when a website was selling it at 4 bucks a tub (I would never but it at full price, but for that price, why not). Thanks!

Best,
Tyler
I am just finishing my 50 day run of 2 grams 5 times per week X-Gels. I didn't use cissus or fish oil and had no joint issues. Some do however have issues so they do dose cissus and/or fish oil . If you do, dose 4-6 hours away from ArA. You have XFA which has some omega 3s in it already which is meant to help with the joint problems.

I hate to say it, but I would go with LCLT, ALCAR, or PLCAR over GPLC any day.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that Tyler I'll look into that supp, always looking for the edge to assist recovery and gains, especially when working so hard. Got a fight coming up in December so will be maxing it on the good eating and supplementation for next few months!
Anytime dude! For recovery, some basics are BCAAs and creatine (creatine doesn't do much for me, but for most it is cheap, safe, and effective). I do weights, cardio, and BJJ all in one stint, so I can get pretty sore and banged up sometimes. BCAAs made a noticeable difference in DOMS and recovery.

One thing you could also look into for endurance is a cordyceps supplement. I haven't tried any of them yet, but they get really good reviews as endurance supps. Here is one example http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/millennium-sport-technologies/cordygen5-90-caps.html. You can find it in bulk for good prices, too. For fight training, it could make a huge difference.

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I am just finishing my 50 day run of 2 grams 5 times per week X-Gels. I didn't use cissus or fish oil and had no joint issues. Some do however have issues so they do dose cissus and/or fish oil . If you do, dose 4-6 hours away from ArA. You have XFA which has some omega 3s in it already which is meant to help with the joint problems.

I hate to say it, but I would go with LCLT, ALCAR, or PLCAR over GPLC any day.
Haha, I was afraid of that. Is that just because of the price, or would GPLC be less effective to use with ArA (because the price was not an issue this time)? I was hoping any carnitine would do about the same thing for ArA.

Do people take carnitine and aspirin or only one of the two? Thanks!

Best,
Tyler