Piracetam?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I got some Piracetam that pretty excited about starting :)
I am a little confused about how to take it though..?
I have Alpha GPC from NOW also, I was thinking to take both at breakfast and midday snack but I read that it works well as a pre workout with caffeine. So should I do 1 dose before workout with caffeine and do I need Alpha GPC at the same time or can I leave it with food? I was planning on starting with 1g x2 of Piracetam and work my way up.

Thanks for any help!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
500mg Alpha-GPC, 4.8g Piracetam daily. Timing isn't that important

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I have had a hard time sleeping the last 2 days, tired but can't sleep, can it be because I have started to take Piracetam 1,5x2 day? I also included ALCAR 1gx2 day but it can't be that right?
I have GABA, how much of that should I take before bed?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have had a hard time sleeping the last 2 days, tired but can't sleep, can it be because I have started to take Piracetam 1,5x2 day? I also included ALCAR 1gx2 day but it can't be that right?
I have GABA, how much of that should I take before bed?
Are you dosing the ALCAR close to bed?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Are you dosing the ALCAR close to bed?
Not really, around 5:30 and then going to bed around 11. Usually when I take my pre workout (caffeine) at that time it do not effect my sleep...

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Anyone..? I really would like some help, I love this stack but like to sleep also...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I would start by lowering the piracetam dose. Both piracetam and ALCAR used to disturb my sleep badly..so badly that I quit taking them for years. I've started back with piracetam at just a few hundred milligrams at first, then slowly ramped up in dose to 2 grams per day. No issues sleeping anymore..in fact, it seems like I sleep better.

ALCAR is a little trickier with insomnia since it jacks up acetylcholine levels. Try only taking an AM dose and keep it low at first.

It's not very scientific, I know, but I hypothesized that perhaps the reason I could not tolerate these supplements was due to being sensitive to them or some other random neurological reason. They are both pretty potent, so I reasoned that initially taking very small amounts might give the brain some time to incorporate them without all the insomnia and mind racing I used to get. Seems to have worked for me.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I would start by lowering the piracetam dose. Both piracetam and ALCAR used to disturb my sleep badly..so badly that I quit taking them for years. I've started back with piracetam at just a few hundred milligrams at first, then slowly ramped up in dose to 2 grams per day. No issues sleeping anymore..in fact, it seems like I sleep better.

ALCAR is a little trickier with insomnia since it jacks up acetylcholine levels. Try only taking an AM dose and keep it low at first.

It's not very scientific, I know, but I hypothesized that perhaps the reason I could not tolerate these supplements was due to being sensitive to them or some other random neurological reason. They are both pretty potent, so I reasoned that initially taking very small amounts might give the brain some time to incorporate them without all the insomnia and mind racing I used to get. Seems to have worked for me.
Great, I'll try that, thanks for the help!

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
I tried piracetam for a month...felt absolutely nothing! I was super excited after reading all about it, but when it came down to it, nothing happened, felt no different at all. Anyone else out there have the same results? Or has anyone actually felt the crazy effects that people talk about?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I tried piracetam for a month...felt absolutely nothing! I was super excited after reading all about it, but when it came down to it, nothing happened, felt no different at all. Anyone else out there have the same results? Or has anyone actually felt the crazy effects that people talk about?
First day I took it I felt like Superman! The next couple of days I had hard time to sleep so I felt a little down but now I have changed my dosing and I sleep good again.

What dose did you take? Maybe increase your dose and take Alpha GPC at the same time?

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
First day I took it I felt like Superman! The next couple of days I had hard time to sleep so I felt a little down but now I have changed my dosing and I sleep good again.

What dose did you take? Maybe increase your dose and take Alpha GPC at the same time?
I was actually taking 4.8grams day day, but was using Reg Choline Bitartate with it, not Alpha GPC. I will look into the Alpha GPC cause I dont know anything about it. Thanks!

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I was actually taking 4.8grams day day, but was using Reg Choline Bitartate with it, not Alpha GPC. I will look into the Alpha GPC cause I dont know anything about it. Thanks!
I also tried to take it with Caffein on empty stomach as well with food containing a good amount of fat and I got different results.

Try both and let me/us know how it goes :)

DTru

Awards
I know this is old but did anyone figure out the dosage? I did a search and I cant find any definitive answers.

Also I just got the 500 gram tub and it says to take a 1.5 gram dose but neither the scoop or the serving tells me how to get that much.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The AGPC shouldn't have anything to do with it. Piracetam is a noot and they are hit or miss. Piracetam is horrible for me and puts me to sleep or just walking around like a zombie.