Glycergrow causing asthma?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

As soon as I started this last week I am out of breath really easily and seem to be using my puffer more where for like 4-5 years I use it once a year.

I've heard that it can cause allergic reactions in some and cause respiratory issues in some people.

I know it's glycergrow because that's the only thing I've added to my workouts and ever since my asthma is getting worse.

Spewing because its a great product! I may stop it and see what happens, looks like I want be able to use ArA either....

Anyone else experience this?

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey bro,
I've never heard of this. I would discontinue use of the product as soon as possible though if it's causing this. You don't want any long term effects from it. I really think you should switch products for sure try something new to get you Better results. What is your goal?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro,
I've never heard of this. I would discontinue use of the product as soon as possible though if it's causing this. You don't want any long term effects from it. I really think you should switch products for sure try something new to get you Better results. What is your goal?
Yeah I'm stopping today.

Not really looking for results just a great pump before a workout!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Never heard of this either. Unfortunate.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I've heard it can sometimes cause allergies (rarely) in people with asthma. When its in foods or when consumed on a regular basis.

Same with ArA. If anyone has any idea why GMS could cause respiratory problems let me know!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I have asthma and GMS has no such effect.

The cause is ArA, which has tracheal/bronchial metabolites that can effectively reduce long capacity

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I have asthma and GMS has no such effect.

The cause is ArA, which has tracheal/bronchial metabolites that can effectively reduce long capacity
Sorry to confuse but im not taking ArA at the moment.

As soon as I started with GMS, breathing problems started :/

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing "causes" asthma. You either have it or you don't. Triggering asthma attacks and having bronchospasms is completely different though. It may not necessarily be the GMS but perhaps something you are allergic to within the ingredient profile as a whole. Perhaps something you are allergic to from the facility the Glycergrow was produced in. I've never heard of allergic reactions to GMS, but that can't rule out the possibility of it occurring. Regardless, if it is triggering your asthma and causing you to use your quick-acting bronchodilator more often than usual then I'm going to give you the same advice I give my asthma patients... get rid of the trigger agent! Time to stop taking it unfortunately :(

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Nothing "causes" asthma. You either have it or you don't. Triggering asthma attacks and having bronchospasms is completely different though. It may not necessarily be the GMS but perhaps something you are allergic to within the ingredient profile as a whole. Perhaps something you are allergic to from the facility the Glycergrow was produced in. I've never heard of allergic reactions to GMS, but that can't rule out the possibility of it occurring. Regardless, if it is triggering your asthma and causing you to use your quick-acting bronchodilator more often than usual then I'm going to give you the same advice I give my asthma patients... get rid of the trigger agent! Time to stop taking it unfortunately :(
Thank you for your response! I suppose I can't rule it out

Definitely stopping it, bummer though because I really enjoyed the pump!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you for your response! I suppose I can't rule it out

Definitely stopping it, bummer though because I really enjoyed the pump!
Yea its a bummer but your health > pumps any day lol

Besides its not like you are losing a pet cat or dog or something along those lines... kids don't like having to give up Fido :(

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Yea its a bummer but your health > pumps any day lol

Besides its not like you are losing a pet cat or dog or something along those lines... kids don't like having to give up Fido :(
Yeah definitely. Especial considering I haven't experienced any asthma for years. Hence why I noticed this straight away.

Haha ;)

burpees

Banned
Awards
Any advice for someone with exercise induced asthma ? Any supplements you recommend and/or methods ? Thank you

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any advice for someone with exercise induced asthma ? Any supplements you recommend and/or methods ? Thank you
Usual protocol for EIA is to hit your albuterol inhaler 1-2x about 15-20 minutes prior to any exercise (generally exercise here usually refers to cardio but if its resistance training I don't see how it could hurt).

As far as supplements go... stay away from anything that triggers it to become worse (or that you are allergic to).

When I (and a friend swears by this too) were taking EC during a cut it was almost perceived to be "easier" to breathe through HIIT sessions than without it.