3,7 keto dhea the same as arimistane(Androst-3,5-dien-7,1)

infraredline

Awards
Hey all, is the ingredient 3,7 keto dhea the same thing as arimistane (Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
no I don't belive so. your thinking of formastane.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
No they are not the same at all. Two different ingredients. I think he is right you are thinking of formastane. It is a different type of ingredient also. What product are you specifically speaking of?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
3,7-Keto DHEA can mean Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione. It's far from perfect nomenclature however.

infraredline

Awards
I can see why you would think that but I am not referring to formestane. I am referring to one of the ingredients in the product free test by applied nutriceuticals. It is actually listed as 3,7-oxo dhea (sorry about the mix up).

Also is arimistane a suitable ai in one's pct?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
They are the same, but the nomenclature on "3,7 keto dhea" is quite wrong as aaron pointed out. Should be 3-desoxy,7-keto dhea.

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
They are the same, but the nomenclature on "3,7 keto dhea" is quite wrong as aaron pointed out. Should be 3-desoxy,7-keto dhea.
i may sound like a smart ass here, and forgive me cooper if i do but that's also "technically" a misnomer. It's just easier to say that version. What it should more accurately be is 3-deoxy-delta-3-7-keto-dhea. we can't forget to account for the double bond from C3-C4.

It's kind of like how people call Phera "DMT" when that's also kind of a misnomer. "desoxymethyltestosterone"(if we're referring to loss of 3-oxygen) would actually more accurately be 17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-androst-4-en. Deoxy is a loose term though, and can mean many things (not just loss of keto/hydroxy functionality)

That name has always bothered me(people will inevitably use it though), and I was unsure if you (et al.) were aware of that or not.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
i may sound like a smart ass here, and forgive me cooper if i do but that's also "technically" a misnomer. It's just easier to say that version. What it should more accurately be is 3-deoxy-delta-3-7-keto-dhea. we can't forget to account for the double bond from C3-C4.

It's kind of like how people call Phera "DMT" when that's also kind of a misnomer. "desoxymethyltestosterone"(if we're referring to loss of 3-oxygen) would actually more accurately be 17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-androst-4-en. Deoxy is a loose term though, and can mean many things (not just loss of keto/hydroxy functionality)

That name has always bothered me, and I was unsure if you (et al.) were aware of that or not.
I was aware, and you're right, technically that name is correct. But it opens up the door for ambiguity, which a lesser company (certainly not AN) could capitalize on by using an ingredient that's accurate on the label but not the ingredient used in studies.

It's actually not terribly easy to get a pure synthesis on this compound, so minutia like this can matter

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established

That name has always bothered me(people will inevitably use it though), and I was unsure if you (et al.) were aware of that or not.
What's with the dash between the three and the seven?

infraredline

Awards
Ok cool, now would arimistane be a suitable ai to use in pct?

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
I was aware, and you're right, technically that name is correct. But it opens up the door for ambiguity, which a lesser company (certainly not AN) could capitalize on by using an ingredient that's accurate on the label but not the ingredient used in studies.It's actually not terribly easy to get a pure synthesis on this compound, so minutia like this can matter
I had a feeling you were. And thanks for the clarification.
What's with the dash between the three and the seven?
"delta-3" denotes the location of the double bond from carbon three to carbon four and the "7" indicates the position where a ketone is (C7). The dash is used to separate them so it can be read more clearly.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I had a feeling you were. And thanks for the clarification."delta-3" denotes the location of the double bond from carbon three to carbon four and the "7" indicates the position of the ketone (C7). The dash is used to separate them so it can be read more clearly.
I think cooper picked up what I was putting down, unless we are both missing something. I figured since we were being nitpicky, we should do it according to the rules.

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
I think cooper picked up what I was putting down, unless we are both missing something. I figured since we were being nitpicky, we should do it according to the rules.
according to IUPAC standards delta-[#],[#] would indicate that there are two double bonds. So if it looked like delta-3,7-keto one might misinterpret that for two double bonds (at C3 and C7)

because the ketone is a separate group a dash is used. regardless, I was only trying to clear things up. I would think people would rather learn more accurate terms rather than nicknames.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
you clearly don't get it. thread is now about dashes vs commas. :rolleyes:

whatever bro
Dude I'm just orgo-trolling you. On an unrelated note what are your thoughts on CellTech? I heard it gives steroid like gains.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
I was aware, and you're right, technically that name is correct. But it opens up the door for ambiguity, which a lesser company (certainly not AN) could capitalize on by using an ingredient that's accurate on the label but not the ingredient used in studies.

It's actually not terribly easy to get a pure synthesis on this compound, so minutia like this can matter

Agreed, good way to look at the subtle differences

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Logs 2
Weight Loss 9
Prince IronMag Labs 0
BeardedBreast Supplements 1
Supplements 4