3,7 keto dhea the same as arimistane(Androst-3,5-dien-7,1) - AnabolicMinds.com

3,7 keto dhea the same as arimistane(Androst-3,5-dien-7,1)

1. New Member

3,7 keto dhea the same as arimistane(Androst-3,5-dien-7,1)

Hey all, is the ingredient 3,7 keto dhea the same thing as arimistane (Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione)

2. New Member

Bump...
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  222 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

no I don't belive so. your thinking of formastane.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    •   

4. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

No they are not the same at all. Two different ingredients. I think he is right you are thinking of formastane. It is a different type of ingredient also. What product are you specifically speaking of?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

3,7-Keto DHEA can mean Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione. It's far from perfect nomenclature however.

6. New Member

I can see why you would think that but I am not referring to formestane. I am referring to one of the ingredients in the product free test by applied nutriceuticals. It is actually listed as 3,7-oxo dhea (sorry about the mix up).

Also is arimistane a suitable ai in one's pct?
  7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

They are the same, but the nomenclature on "3,7 keto dhea" is quite wrong as aaron pointed out. Should be 3-desoxy,7-keto dhea.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    They are the same, but the nomenclature on "3,7 keto dhea" is quite wrong as aaron pointed out. Should be 3-desoxy,7-keto dhea.
    i may sound like a smart ass here, and forgive me cooper if i do but that's also "technically" a misnomer. It's just easier to say that version. What it should more accurately be is 3-deoxy-delta-3-7-keto-dhea. we can't forget to account for the double bond from C3-C4.

It's kind of like how people call Phera "DMT" when that's also kind of a misnomer. "desoxymethyltestosterone" (if we're referring to loss of 3-oxygen) would actually more accurately be 17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-androst-4-en. Deoxy is a loose term though, and can mean many things (not just loss of keto/hydroxy functionality)

That name has always bothered me(people will inevitably use it though), and I was unsure if you (et al.) were aware of that or not.
  9. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Bry17 View Post
    i may sound like a smart ass here, and forgive me cooper if i do but that's also "technically" a misnomer. It's just easier to say that version. What it should more accurately be is 3-deoxy-delta-3-7-keto-dhea. we can't forget to account for the double bond from C3-C4.

It's kind of like how people call Phera "DMT" when that's also kind of a misnomer. "desoxymethyltestosterone" (if we're referring to loss of 3-oxygen) would actually more accurately be 17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-androst-4-en. Deoxy is a loose term though, and can mean many things (not just loss of keto/hydroxy functionality)

That name has always bothered me, and I was unsure if you (et al.) were aware of that or not.
    I was aware, and you're right, technically that name is correct. But it opens up the door for ambiguity, which a lesser company (certainly not AN) could capitalize on by using an ingredient that's accurate on the label but not the ingredient used in studies.

It's actually not terribly easy to get a pure synthesis on this compound, so minutia like this can matter
  10. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That name has always bothered me(people will inevitably use it though), and I was unsure if you (et al.) were aware of that or not.
    What's with the dash between the three and the seven?
  11. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by todd muelheim View Post
    It's what we call a comma
  12. New Member

Ok cool, now would arimistane be a suitable ai to use in pct?
  13. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by infraredline View Post
    Ok cool, now would arimistane be a suitable ai to use in pct?
    As a standalone? Clinical is always preferred
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.

I was aware, and you're right, technically that name is correct. But it opens up the door for ambiguity, which a lesser company (certainly not AN) could capitalize on by using an ingredient that's accurate on the label but not the ingredient used in studies.It's actually not terribly easy to get a pure synthesis on this compound, so minutia like this can matter
    I had a feeling you were. And thanks for the clarification.
    "delta-3" denotes the location of the double bond from carbon three to carbon four and the "7" indicates the position of the ketone (C7). The dash is used to separate them so it can be read more clearly.
  15. New Member

As a standalone? Clinical is always preferred
    No as your ai in your pct in addition to your serm, avenacosoides from increasing free test, libido support, and d-aspartic acid.
  16. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I had a feeling you were. And thanks for the clarification."delta-3" denotes the location of the double bond from carbon three to carbon four and the "7" indicates the position of the ketone (C7). The dash is used to separate them so it can be read more clearly.
    I think cooper picked up what I was putting down, unless we are both missing something. I figured since we were being nitpicky, we should do it according to the rules.
  17. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by infraredline View Post
    No as your ai in your pct in addition to your serm, avenacosoides from increasing free test, libido support, and d-aspartic acid.
    Then yes, it works great in PCT
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.

I think cooper picked up what I was putting down, unless we are both missing something. I figured since we were being nitpicky, we should do it according to the rules.
    according to IUPAC standards delta-[#],[#] would indicate that there are two double bonds. So if it looked like delta-3,7-keto one might misinterpret that for two double bonds (at C3 and C7)

because the ketone is a separate group a dash is used. regardless, I was only trying to clear things up. I would think people would rather learn more accurate terms rather than nicknames.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.

according to IUPAC standards delta-[#],[#] would indicate that there are two double bonds.
    example by random google:
    delta-4,9,11-trienic steroids
    In this case it's delta-[#],[#],[#]

^http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7017853
  20. Advanced Member

example by random google:

In this case it's delta-[#],[#],[#]

^http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7017853
    It shouldn't be a dash, why would you continue to argue this? If you think it is ambiguous, use one of the other naming methods.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.

It shouldn't be a dash, why would you continue to argue this? If you think it is ambiguous, use one of the other naming methods.
    you clearly don't get it. thread is now about dashes vs commas.

whatever bro
  22. Advanced Member

you clearly don't get it. thread is now about dashes vs commas.

whatever bro
    Dude I'm just orgo-trolling you. On an unrelated note what are your thoughts on CellTech? I heard it gives steroid like gains.
  23. New Member

Dude I'm just orgo-trolling you. On an unrelated note what are your thoughts on CellTech? I heard it gives steroid like gains.
    Dude dat there cell tech is what all the ifbb pros take lol
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was aware, and you're right, technically that name is correct. But it opens up the door for ambiguity, which a lesser company (certainly not AN) could capitalize on by using an ingredient that's accurate on the label but not the ingredient used in studies.

It's actually not terribly easy to get a pure synthesis on this compound, so minutia like this can matter

Agreed, good way to look at the subtle differences
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Completely FREE samples of PowerMax ​available exclusively on our website

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:04 PM
  2. Is Biotest M the same as Nolva?
    By Rideordie in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-29-2005, 02:55 PM
  3. i got a quick question is bonavar the same as anavar